asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30632

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    Gasol said his future depended on what Kawhi does. He said he would comeback if Kawhi does. Gasol exersised his option to play another year for the Raptors today
    I'm sure he wants to play with Leonard but let's be serious, he exercised his option because he wasn't going to get anything close to $25.6M on the open market
    Points Awarded:

kingdom gave asiagambler 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    I'm sure he wants to play with Leonard but let's be serious, he exercised his option because he wasn't going to get anything close to $25.6M on the open market
    Oh i understand just thought it was interesting thats all

DavidGoliath5003

BTW Durant Just listed his home in California for sale, and just purchased a home in NY

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    exactly lol.. at least some people here understand free agency in the NBA

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12086

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    Gasol said his future depended on what Kawhi does. He said he would comeback if Kawhi does. Gasol exersised his option to play another year for the Raptors today
    Smart white man, knows when to throw in the towel. Raptors barely make the playoffs if Leonard jumps ship..

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Smart white man, knows when to throw in the towel. Raptors barely make the playoffs if Leonard jumps ship..
    im sure 90% of people in this thread dont watch the NBA or the Raptors at all
    they would 100% chance make the playoffs without Kawahi they literally went like 20-5 without him this season lmao

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1480

he was seen enrolling child at private school interrsting

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    im sure 90% of people in this thread dont watch the NBA or the Raptors at all
    they would 100% chance make the playoffs without Kawahi they literally went like 20-5 without him this season lmao
    Leonard leaving would create a chain reaction and other players like Mark Gasol will then opt out and leave too. That team will be gutted. You are not looking at the big picture and what this Raptor team would look like after Leonard jumps ship I am..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Leonard leaving would create a chain reaction and other players like Mark Gasol will then opt out and leave too. That team will be gutted. You are not looking at the big picture and what this Raptor team would look like after Leonard jumps ship I am..
    Gasol already opted in

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Gasol already opted in
    You're right LB as of yesterday.. 1 year deal.. Ok.. That was news to me as he stated he was gonna wait to see what Leonard did.. https://www.marshallindependent.com/...player-option/

firekillex

marc gasol opted in already...
    the only other person who can leave would be danny green , everybody else is under contract next season

and he already said if the raptors match an offer he would accept most likely, even if Danny Green left its not hard to find 3 & D guys really... Raptors are a very deep team... they wouldnt be title contenders for sure if Kawahi left thats no doubt... but theyd still make probably the 2nd round of the playoffs and finish top 4 seed

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    marc gasol opted in already...
    the only other person who can leave would be danny green , everybody else is under contract next season

and he already said if the raptors match an offer he would accept most likely, even if Danny Green left its not hard to find 3 & D guys really... Raptors are a very deep team... they wouldnt be title contenders for sure if Kawahi left thats no doubt... but theyd still make probably the 2nd round of the playoffs and finish top 4 seed
    Green is likely gone unless they bring him back to appease Kawhi, everyone forgot Anunoby is a promising young player who has for more upside than Green, between Anunoby and Powell there's no reason to bring Green back.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gasol's value on the market is far less the nearly 30 million he gets opting in, big man who aren't fast that are 35 wouldn't get more than 12-15 million per year, sucks for Toronto but Siakam still on his rookie deal they can manage.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Green is likely gone unless they bring him back to appease Kawhi, everyone forgot Anunoby is a promising young player who has for more upside than Green, between Anunoby and Powell there's no reason to bring Green back.
    green is a good veteran presence and bench player this season if he resigns most likely... play 15-20 minutes a game
    OG is definitely a promising young player and Fred can play 2 against certain teams .. Raptors have a ton of rotations they can throw out , hench they would be a good team with or without Kawahi ( obviously a contender with Kawahi though )

firekillex

Gasol's value on the market is far less the nearly 30 million he gets opting in, big man who aren't fast that are 35 wouldn't get more than 12-15 million per year, sucks for Toronto but Siakam still on his rookie deal they can manage.
    26 mil , but ya he opted in because hed probably get something like 17-20 mil a year for 2-3 years with anybody else... hes a great vet big who can shoot and play defense though.... just play him 20-25 minutes a game during the season and keep him fresh for a playoff run tbh

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Leonard most likely signing Toronto too much upside for him to win

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11252

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Leonard most likely signing Toronto too much upside for him to win
    Yea looks that way. Shittttt

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13428

lakerboy check in

I have some good news and some bad news

DavidGoliath5003

kawhi Spotted in Barbados wearing a Bluejays Jersey Today

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    lakerboy check in

I have some good news and some bad news

What's you Jake? You still a Lakers fan?

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

kawhi is going to the lakers

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    What's you Jake? You still a Lakers fan?
    Always pal. I am the ultimate myopic homer.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

easy choice for kawhi:

play with AD & lebum

or

gallinari & zubac

*if i'm zubac, i go back to the lakers now that magic is gone

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I do think Leonard wants to come to sunshine LA and the good year round weather.. That's all I know, I know I would. I'm sure he wants out of the frozen tundra of Canada and all that Traveling into the States during the season.. That's gotta be a grind!!!

He's meeting with both the Lakers and the Clippers.. Question is who would you want to play with AD and Lebron or a bunch of hard working no names other then Gallo? Would you rather wear a Laker or Clipper uniform? Which franchise is legendary and which one is not in LA for endorsements? This is heating up!!!

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kaw...184626379.html
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-27-19 at 06:41 PM.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

i think everything is about appeasing kawhi right now by all franchises. so if danny green makes the repeat run look more formidable by bringing em all back, they will do it for kawhi if that's what he wants. other than that they are back to the old raptors if he isn't comfortable and leaves.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I do think Leonard wants to come to sunshine LA and the good year round weather.. That's all I know, I know I would. I'm sure he wants out of the frozen tundra of Canada and all that Traveling into the States during the season.. That's gotta be a grind!!!

He's meeting with both the Lakers and the Clippers.. Question is who would you want to play with AD and Lebron or a bunch of hard working no names other then Gallo? Would you rather wear a Laker or Clipper uniform? Which franchise is legendary and which one is not in LA for endorsements? This is heating up!!!

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kaw...184626379.html
    I don’t see him wanting any part of being brons sidekick. I like that about him, hope he doesn’t pull a kd and lose all my respect. If he wants to be a laker then he should sign a 2 year deal w craptors and wait for bron to be gone!!! That would be smarter than settling for clippers just to be in la.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3714

Gasol wasnt going anywhere. not for that salary.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I don’t see him wanting any part of being brons sidekick. I like that about him, hope he doesn’t pull a kd and lose all my respect. If he wants to be a laker then he should sign a 2 year deal w craptors and wait for bron to be gone!!! That would be smarter than settling for clippers just to be in la.
    Leonard will be the star not Lebron here in Laker town.. Lebron will get injured again mid way.. He's old and he probably can't hold.. Big body big injuries. Injuries started last year with Lebron, you think it's gonna stop as he only gets older? Leonard will become the face of the franchise with AD.. That's my opinion while using common logic..

Aging greats only get injured when the injuries first start to set in. My take on the pro athlete shelf life in the NBA..

A few examples - Kobe, Nash, Karl Malone etc all faced the injury bug trying to be great as a Laker up in age.. Lebron is no longer immune...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-27-19 at 07:57 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

You guys crack me up - LeBron''s been injured like once in 15 years and now HE'S DONE ZZZOOOOMGGGG INJURIES. Bros KD just blew out his Achilles and Klay snapped an ACL but LeBron's groin is catastrophic. Clowns.

2daBank

Leonard will be the star not Lebron here in Laker town.. Lebron will get injured again mid way.. He's old and he probably can't hold.. Big body big injuries. Injuries started last year with Lebron, you think it's gonna stop as he only gets older? Leonard will become the face of the franchise with AD.. That's my opinion while using common logic..

Aging greats only get injured when the injuries first start to set in. My take on the pro athlete shelf life in the NBA..

A few examples - Kobe, Nash, Karl Malone etc all faced the injury bug trying to be great as a Laker up in age.. Lebron is no longer immune...
    Nobody is bigger than bron, that his team regardless of who joins on. Not even debatable.

He is far from old, that is nonsense. I didn’t start noticing a difference in recovery, age, etc until I was pushing 40. Bron is in peak physical condition and has only been hurt once in his career so to answer your question, no I don’t think he will get injured this year coming off the most rest he has ever had!!!! Think it silly to expect him to., talk to me after he makes a few more deep playoff runs, right now imo it foolish to think chances he gets hurt any greater than anyone else’s.

Isn’t he the same age as Jordan was in middle of second 3 peat??

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    You guys crack me up - LeBron''s been injured like once in 15 years and now HE'S DONE ZZZOOOOMGGGG INJURIES. Bros KD just blew out his Achilles and Klay snapped an ACL but LeBron's groin is catastrophic. Clowns.
    Agree

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^Bron will be 35 next season.. Kobe blew out shiiit at 35. He was a smaller body.. Shell life in the NBA fellas.. No one can beat father time..https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...chilles-injury

Say what you want but it is what it is.. I only post the truth!!! Jordan maybe the only exception..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...history#slide5

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11252

^^Bron will be 35 next season.. Kobe blew out shiiit at 35. He was a smaller body.. Shell life in the NBA fellas.. No one can beat father time..https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...chilles-injury

Say what you want but it is what it is.. I only post the truth!!! Jordan maybe the only exception..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...history#slide5
    jordan was 35 when they won the title in '98 over utah but remember that jordan came into the league at age 21 after Three seasons at UNC. so he had 14Y on his body when he turned 35.

lebron will have 17.

kobe came into the league at age 17 so he had 18Y by the time he turned 35Y old

firekillex

Lebron uses millions of dollars on his body to keep healthy ... he has 2-3 more years of high level top 5 NBA talent left at least

Kawahi isnt going to the lakers 99.9 % chance

and Toronto is literally an hour or 2 away from New York driving..... its not some country across the globe... people thinking Canada is Alaska or some shit lmaoooo New york is literally just as bad or worse weather.... Im sure weather isnt going to be Kawahi Leonards deciding FA factor youre on the road the whole season almost and when youre home you stay inside with family... offseason he goes back to LA and chills there for the summer

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30632

Would James even want Leonard on the Lakers? If Lakers win the title, as it stands, James probably gets the Finals MVP all things equal with Davis but I think that changes if Leonard is in the equation.

Finals MVPs is the true measure of legacies and is the real reason why Kobe couldn't play with Shaq anymore.

First ... 6789101112 ... Last