JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11973

Economy still very strong that's all that matters. Just reported this Christmas consumer spending reached the highest in any other year in American history. That tells you the strong economy hasn't flinched.

Might be the time to buy into solid companies that experienced the biggest losses in recent weeks.. Rebound in play.

Dow up 500 now and climbing..

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The same idiots in the media who gave Trump no credit when the market hit record highs are now blaming him for the sell-off. The Market will reach new highs in a couple months once the Fed pulls back, the economy remains strong. There was no reason to raise rates, inflation isn't an issue, Fed got ahead of itself.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Here's your key;
    OIL 45.62 +$
    +7.27%

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The same idiots in the media who gave Trump no credit when the market hit record highs are now blaming him for the sell-off. The Market will reach new highs in a couple months once the Fed pulls back, the economy remains strong. There was no reason to raise rates, inflation isn't an issue, Fed got ahead of itself.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Fuk off

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That's how politics works.. The blame game.. Pointing fingers.. It's a joke. Stock market crash isn't Trumps fault at all. The experts know this.

The problem is Trump did take a bit of credit for it sky rocking which he probably shouldn't have done so it's coming back around to haunt him a bit..

The strong American economy Trump can take credit for and that hasn't flinched.. That's the meal ticket.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ...The problem is Trump did take a bit of credit for it sky rocking which he probably shouldn't have done so it's coming back around to haunt him a bit...
    Remember election night? Remember the stock futures and the market the next few days? The news of a Trump win was favorable in the market, in a big way.

Sure, there was a profit take in early 2018, but I think some money flowing into the market a year ago had everything to do with the prospect of a Trump presidency.

But that was then...lol.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Fuk off
    TRIGGERED.....Isn't that what you RWNuts say???

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    TRIGGERED.....Isn't that what you RWNuts say???
    Fuk off

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Dow up 600 now.. REBOUNDAGE IN EFFECT!!! Me likes

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Was all over this.

I like the nibble effect long term and I hope it pulls back again, I will load up on options for early next year.

RoyBacon

Largest UP day in history?

RoyBacon

OIL 46.60 4.07 9.57%

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Largest UP day in history?

Point-wise on the Dow, I think so.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Up 1100 points and still going is the DOW.. BOOOM!

Told you guys it would rebound today in an earlier post this morning when it was only up 150 points.. I see these things..

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9522

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Point-wise on the Dow, I think so.
    Yes, not by percentage

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

5% increase in the DOW in just one day is extremely impressive..

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Is less important than what happens tomorrow.

Could be a major sell off

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21749

Erased last 2 sessions worth of losses, almost exactly where it was at close last week Thursday. Need another 700 to get to last Wednesday's open.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Is less important than what happens tomorrow.

Could be a major sell off
    Could be. Seems like should continue a moderate rally, but nobody knows. I would assume there's still some tax loss sellers that need to sell in the next two sessions.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Erased last 2 sessions worth of losses, almost exactly where it was at close last week Thursday. Need another 700 to get to last Wednesday's open.
    Probably get that 700 back tomorrow.. This is a very positive sign today like no others in the stock market history.. I think it continues tomorrow as well.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Wow, things really took off by the end.

I'm still mulling options for next year. Might have missed some boats here already.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Probably get that 700 back tomorrow.. This is a very positive sign today like no others in the stock market history.. I think it continues tomorrow as well.
    Maybe. Not sure it runs that much higher tomorrow, but we'll see. Do you think we will be anywhere back near the highs within the next few months? I am looking for a short-term exit point in one of my portfolios within the next 6 months.

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Maybe. Not sure it runs that much higher tomorrow, but we'll see. Do you think we will be anywhere back near the highs within the next few months? I am looking for a short-term exit point in one of my portfolios within the next 6 months.
    The market is still deeply oversold, and the bullish % is barely changed from Monday's close. The only times they've been worse since 2000 is 2008 and early 09.

guitarjosh

This suggests more upside:

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Agreed Josh, oversold and room to grow.

I like this spot and even if things stretch out for a bit, these are good levels to be in a lot companies.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    The market is still deeply oversold, and the bullish % is barely changed from Monday's close. The only times they've been worse since 2000 is 2008 and early 09.
    I mean I do tend to agree. The market was pricing in an imminent recession or disaster. Close to worst-case scenario. That said, while recession is probably not imminent, it also will still likely happen within the next 2-3 years, so while we should get some recovery, I'm still not sure we will surpass the October highs any time beforehand, meaning any time within the next few years. I could be wrong and I hope I am.

RoyBacon

D2 if you need the cash you ought to start laddering out of stocks. No one has a clue where the market will be in a few months.

I think Q1 is going to be strong because the accelerated depreciation feature is not there, it expired. Buybacks will help the comparables too.

But if oil breaks the $42 low then there is no way we have seen the lows for stocks.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm looking at calls out in March, looking for some deals.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

D2 if you need the cash you ought to start laddering out of stocks. No one has a clue where the market will be in a few months.

I think Q1 is going to be strong because the accelerated depreciation feature is not there, it expired. Buybacks will help the comparables too.

But if oil breaks the $42 low then there is no way we have seen the lows for stocks.
    I basically do, but now I'm still over 25% below the October top, so it's frustrating. I know you can't play that game, but it's tough not to. Like to at least get about half of that back.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Up up and away again today.. Rebound still in effect.

RoyBacon

Up up and away again today.. Rebound still in effect.
    This guy could fall the next 100 days but one would be smart to look at these past two days.

We know what happened yesterday but did you see the volume? By 11 am is was already double that of '17(SPY volume). Then the bears really showed up in strong fashion for most of today. Selling was pretty intense.

But it was just a game of musical chairs and when the music stopped the buyers attacked.

To make a long story short there appears to be some buyer fundamentals beginning. IF selling were to relax this could be just the start of an aggressive run. Would be smart to also realize there are going to be some spooky days ahead; Pelosi takes gavel, Mueller witch hunt, Next Fed meeting, gov turmoil, ect.

The reward is there but the risk dictates that one might buy in at a moderate pace and wait for opportunities. Like the buyers did today.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: homie1975

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This guy could fall the next 100 days but one would be smart to look at these past two days.

We know what happened yesterday but did you see the volume? By 11 am is was already double that of '17(SPY volume). Then the bears really showed up in strong fashion for most of today. Selling was pretty intense.

But it was just a game of musical chairs and when the music stopped the buyers attacked.

To make a long story short there appears to be some buyer fundamentals beginning. IF selling were to relax this could be just the start of an aggressive run. Would be smart to also realize there are going to be some spooky days ahead; Pelosi takes gavel, Mueller witch hunt, Next Fed meeting, gov turmoil, ect.

The reward is there but the risk dictates that one might buy in at a moderate pace and wait for opportunities. Like the buyers did today.
    We'll see what continues to happen Roy

No one has a crystal ball but an up trend is starting and I like it.. Hope it continues to go up again tomorrow.

RoyBacon

Quite overnight markets with nearly no volume. Stocks adding 100 points. On this light of volume I would call it nearly unchanged.

Oil is UNCH.
    Gold -$2
    Asia slightly higher

Last year we finished the last day of trading flat but the 1st week of Jan was very strong. It was the kickoff to a very long rally.

RoyBacon

Prices have barely changed on a low volume day. Dow +200. Oil is UNCH.

With the big drop and the big rally I would say the last two sessions have made progress for the bulls. The volatility is subsiding. Pump is primed for Jan.

Happy New Year! May all your investments be stellar performers!

First ... 46474849505152 ... Last