KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

This is getting crazy. Here's the two season and then this season charts...

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Did anyone follow these? I got curious to see how they did since I posted them, most beat the S&P 500, which went up 58.08% in that time. You can look and see their returns in about 3 years. Fundamentals + Technicals works!
    Josher I remember following your posts of your stock symbol picks and you had a bunch more than just the ones you bumped here and i have little doubt that most of the other ones also beat the 58% S&P lift the past 3 years.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Did anyone follow these? I got curious to see how they did since I posted them, most beat the S&P 500, which went up 58.08% in that time. You can look and see their returns in about 3 years. Fundamentals + Technicals works!
    Didn't even see that initial post. Where the f did you find these. Please keep posting. I am absolutely buried in stocks. Nothing in this thread has helped me to make dick. Ppl in here were saying Tesla would be 3000 bucks by now. F no. Need a big winner bad. Only thing holding up my gambling portfolio is sports. Otherwise I'd be down huge from this dumb stock market gambling. I'm not interested in petty 15% winners.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    So remember those XLF options that expire today? Well it was a exercise in courage and the ship came in and none too soon here as they go poof in about 4 hours. Anyway, I unloaded that stuff here @$1.35 per contract, that's just 2 cents away from a $1 profit per contract.
    Goooood. Very nice trade. You had to sweat that one out.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Josher I remember following your posts of your stock symbol picks and you had a bunch more than just the ones you bumped here and i have little doubt that most of the other ones also beat the 58% S&P lift the past 3 years.
    Thanks Homie. You can go through that period in 2018 and find my weekly picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Didn't even see that initial post. Where the f did you find these. Please keep posting. I am absolutely buried in stocks. Nothing in this thread has helped me to make dick. Ppl in here were saying Tesla would be 3000 bucks by now. F no. Need a big winner bad. Only thing holding up my gambling portfolio is sports. Otherwise I'd be down huge from this dumb stock market gambling. I'm not interested in petty 15% winners.
    Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post my picks on message boards anymore as I have gotten my series 65 license and opened up an investment company. The only way I can show you my picks now is you either have to be a client or a prospective client.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10371

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post my picks on message boards anymore as I have gotten my series 65 license and opened up an investment company. The only way I can show you my picks now is you either have to be a client or a prospective client.
    Brokers with series 7 licenses go on national TV and give opinions about stocks and yet you are not allowed to give your opinion on random betting site....okay

trobin31

Also you are not an insider...so unless you are trading on inside info I would be very curious to know the rule that says you can’t post opinions on social media

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Brokers with series 7 licenses go on national TV and give opinions about stocks and yet you are not allowed to give your opinion on random betting site....okay
    Also you are not an insider...so unless you are trading on inside info I would be very curious to know the rule that says you can’t post opinions on social media
    I’m allowed to post analysis of individual companies, the market, different sectors, the economy, etc. I can’t post my portfolio as it’s considered manipulation. I can’t even buy shares in a company and then put clients in afterwards, we must buy at the same time or first the client buys and then myself.

trobin31

I’m allowed to post analysis of individual companies, the market, different sectors, the economy, etc. I can’t post my portfolio as it’s considered manipulation. I can’t even buy shares in a company and then put clients in afterwards, we must buy at the same time or first the client buys and then myself.
    I personally would appreciate analysis...I think you’ll find it a useful process for your personal investemebts and hopefully help many here to invest versus piss away money

trobin31

I am a licensed physician for two decades, i post opinions about medicine, write diatribes about medical related things on the medium and other sources....you'll be fine.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Goooood. Very nice trade. You had to sweat that one out.
    This one made up for a couple of weeks ago when I had all of them PUTs in the SPY and went down with the ship. I thought the same might happen this week, but I had faith that the Jobs number would be about as fake as it gets and it just looked like the market was hanging around all week waiting for a catalyst. Next week however I see some dark water brewing.

I think that Gold's reaction was over done last week so it is on sale again. So I'll probably be loading up even more along with silver. Position wise it will be more silver as I'm not nearly as loaded up in that.

RoyBacon

This one made up for a couple of weeks ago when I had all of them PUTs in the SPY and went down with the ship. I thought the same might happen this week, but I had faith that the Jobs number would be about as fake as it gets and it just looked like the market was hanging around all week waiting for a catalyst. Next week however I see some dark water brewing.

I think that Gold's reaction was over done last week so it is on sale again. So I'll probably be loading up even more along with silver. Position wise it will be more silver as I'm not nearly as loaded up in that.
    I was lucky that I had sold my GLD the week before. But I got a ton of SLV and it's getting murdered. COIN is almost back where I bought that dog, thankfully.

Been buying JMP. Someone is going to buy them at $10 probably this year.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Time to test the SMA 20. Here's the results after Saturday's games...

Here are today's plays so far...

964 8-Aug BAL +166
    971 MIN +161

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Time to test the SMA 20. Here's the results after Saturday's games...

Here are today's plays so far...

964 8-Aug BAL +166
    971 MIN +161

Here we go, right on the 20 and yesterday being a tread water kind of day. Its time for the defense to show up for the Bulls here and defend the 20 SMA. Otherwise is a long way down to the 50 SMA, which just happens to coincide with that purple circle on the chart which I consider a line of support. Funny how that works out just about every time I look at these things. So, I'm thinking its a bounce off the 20 and the trend continues or a free fall to the 50 and the purple circle where the support is. There is also a little support right under the 20, but I think that is too close to the 20 to be of much help here.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Here we go, right on the 20 and yesterday being a tread water kind of day. Its time for the defense to show up for the Bulls here and defend the 20 SMA. Otherwise is a long way down to the 50 SMA, which just happens to coincide with that purple circle on the chart which I consider a line of support. Funny how that works out just about every time I look at these things. So, I'm thinking its a bounce off the 20 and the trend continues or a free fall to the 50 and the purple circle where the support is. There is also a little support right under the 20, but I think that is too close to the 20 to be of much help here.
    Here we go is right, we broke through the SMA 20 but got a little bounce. The next few plays could be telling, or not tell us much as we may end up more sideways than anything here short term.

That purple circle recognizes where I pulled 50% of the unit size out of the Aggressive Trader Fund. There are two bankrolls at play now, one with the Fund, that is at 29.75 units, and the Aggressive Trader Fund, which is now at +26.72 units. It has fallen behind as the regular Fund had some gains after the purple circle...

For example, here's yesterday's games. The last column represents the Aggressive Trader banbkroll, that is now operating at half the units of the regular Fund Backbone. It get's half the wins, but suffers half the losses too...

8-Aug BAL +166 -1 -0.5
    MIN +161 1.61 0.805
    Sun 0.61 0.305

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

95% if hearing aids are made by 3D printing...Costs and precision of 3D printing are improving exponentially. Not unreasonable for entire electronic devices, homes , & cars to be 3D printed in 20 years
    I can see robots building homes. Would be easy to implement with the technology we already have.

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Here we go is right, we broke through the SMA 20 but got a little bounce. The next few plays could be telling, or not tell us much as we may end up more sideways than anything here short term.

I don't know that I would call the 20 SMA "broken" just yet. Yeah technically it did go lower, but i would just call that a spike of the price level. Sometimes the market comes down and hits it dead nuts, sometimes it comes up a little short, or in this case sometimes it spikes through by a little bit. The main thing is to bounce from around that spot. If it does consolidate at around this level, the more times it crosses a moving average the less the moving average means anything. It did have a little blip on the way up at around this level 38ish, so if it can consolidate here for a while that isn't the worst thing going. Give the 50 Period moving average a little time to catch up for some more support closer to the current level might give another spring board launching area going into the last month or so of the season.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

RoyBacon

May be time to get back into GLD LEAPS. The GLD June '22 165 is $8.5. I bought that earlier in the year at $11.5 and sold it at $18.

Could even do the Jan '23 GLD 165 for $12.5. That's 530 days and takes us past the midterms.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25088

Sounds like a good idea. I added more gold, silver, and copper stocks today. They may end up taking me down with the ship.

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    May be time to get back into GLD LEAPS. The GLD June '22 165 is $8.5. I bought that earlier in the year at $11.5 and sold it at $18.

Could even do the Jan '23 GLD 165 for $12.5. That's 530 days and takes us past the midterms.
    Not a bad idea going over a year here at 165. Today I think was a large shakeout operation going on, we had some volume. Sure it was selling volume but my take is that people usually have a capitulation in mass, and I think this was just about it. I think I'll dip my toes in those calls for Jan, there may be some more pressure coming so I'll stay light, but I gotta believe that the market will wake up to the massive spending programs and all of the inflation that everyone is feeling. Gold has a record of maintaining you purchasing power and I trust this money more that the dollar for sure.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't know that I would call the 20 SMA "broken" just yet. Yeah technically it did go lower, but i would just call that a spike of the price level. Sometimes the market comes down and hits it dead nuts, sometimes it comes up a little short, or in this case sometimes it spikes through by a little bit. The main thing is to bounce from around that spot. If it does consolidate at around this level, the more times it crosses a moving average the less the moving average means anything. It did have a little blip on the way up at around this level 38ish, so if it can consolidate here for a while that isn't the worst thing going. Give the 50 Period moving average a little time to catch up for some more support closer to the current level might give another spring board launching area going into the last month or so of the season.
    I actually agree with this 100%, even if I did youse the term broken for the SMA 20.

Today's play is the Cubs, I might fade it with points...lol.

I see a loss here. But then again, I've said a few times and been wrong on this run.

Edit, forgot to add, that I think we could find resistance at the SMA 10, or about the 30 unit mark on the season, to help keep us rangebound to downward.
    Last edited by KVB; 08-09-21 at 05:42 PM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I bought PFE at $21.9 a while back, so a pretty nice return thus far. I'm debating holding through earnings tomorrow. Probably will have good earnings but I'm definitely fading after.
    I just bought a shitload of MRNA early hours. It's already had a huge run up but we're about to see another covid wave and I think we're going to see that MRNA holds up over the rest.
    MRNA up over 50% in the last week. I hope someone, anyone tailed?

trobin31

FAS & LQDT...smash the send button

RoyBacon

COIN all over the map after an interesting quarterly report.

I'm adding more in the after hours. Traders gonna have a lot to think about when they look at their earnings. This is going to be a real monster some day.

Coinbase easily topped consensus estimates for sales and profits. Total revenue of $2.2 billion beat forecasts for $1.85 billion. Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization came in at $1.15 billion, surpassing estimates for $854 million, according to FactSet.

Coinbase's diluted earnings per share of $6.42 also topped Wall Street's consensus forecast for EPS of $2.82.

Shares were trading down 1% to $267 after hours, however, after falling 3.9% in the regular session.

RoyBacon

COIN was flat in the after hours yesterday. I was buying alllll I could.

The only negative is the possibility crypto will fade into the sunset. But $6.42 when everyone was thinking $2.82???? Like WTF?

AND

They do $1.9 billion AND put $1.1 billion on the bottom line??? Like WTF?!?!

Stock is up $10 so far today.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    MRNA up over 50% in the last week. I hope someone, anyone tailed?
    Moderna.

Bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaughtered.

I'm a pig right now lol.

My cost base $106

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Monday was ppd'd and there were no plays Wed this week.

Here we are after Tuesday...

trobin31

Covid starting to roll over on 3-Day MA, will see what happens at 7-Day...

US10Y in full reversal
    August jobs report in Early sept, Everyone keeps getting girlfriends into late september fed meeting when they say we’ve seen enough.

You will need to be in financials and value on the back end, but for now I am lubed up and long on everything I like

Slurry Pumper

Covid starting to roll over on 3-Day MA, will see what happens at 7-Day...

US10Y in full reversal
    August jobs report in Early sept, Everyone keeps getting girlfriends into late september fed meeting when they say we’ve seen enough.

You will need to be in financials and value on the back end, but for now I am lubed up and long on everything I like
    The panic porn industry will have to move on to a new variant while they wait for the Northern states to get their case counts up. Maybe the Omega, or Lamda who knows but I bet they get a newer more dangerous story about the China virus. All these greek words reminds me of my favorite sorority, I atta Pie. Anyways, what a boring week in the markets. Every day is a slow grind up and the markets just keep shaking off bad news while focusing in on the positive aspects of the bad news. The rose colored glass scenario is in play while I think all we need for a healthy pullback is a catalyst of some sort. You can just feel it coming, I don't know what it will be, but there is a catalyst brewing somewhere that will spook the markets by the end of the year.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13605

Help please

Frustrated with Fidelity. Even though I don't cherish the thought I think I need to look at an alternative broker.

Schwab? Any other suggestions to look at?

Thanks

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13605

The panic porn industry will have to move on to a new variant while they wait for the Northern states to get their case counts up. Maybe the Omega, or Lamda who knows but I bet they get a newer more dangerous story about the China virus. All these greek words reminds me of my favorite sorority, I atta Pie. Anyways, what a boring week in the markets. Every day is a slow grind up and the markets just keep shaking off bad news while focusing in on the positive aspects of the bad news. The rose colored glass scenario is in play while I think all we need for a healthy pullback is a catalyst of some sort. You can just feel it coming, I don't know what it will be, but there is a catalyst brewing somewhere that will spook the markets by the end of the year.
    Thought so a month ago, and right now I left a ton on the table NVDA, ALB, to name a few.

I know momentum but how long can we continue to buy into ATH's?

Slurry Pumper

The trend is your friend until it is not. Actually most of the indexes are looking like they are getting ready to take off to the upside. Lately only the SMH has been a divergence. It all looks bullish, but I've been here before so I am lighter than normal in my longer than 2 week trades and my supper long term stuff is just gold related so I just keep buying that stuff as it gets cheaper. My speculative plays like AQB and EVFM are throwaways to me so I don't even look at them. Just let them go for a couple of years and see what is going on afterwards.

I use the Ameritrade as a broker. I used to use interactive, but they do charge a small fee for the trades. I know the ameritrade is shopping around my trade volume, but I haven't noticed a marked difference that would tell me that I need to start paying the money for the trade.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Frustrated with Fidelity. Even though I don't cherish the thought I think I need to look at an alternative broker.

Schwab? Any other suggestions to look at?

Thanks
    Schwab has been good. Can't complain with the basics. If you're trading options, there might be better firms though.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25088

I use Fidelity and TD Ameritrade (merging with Schwab) and like the both.

trobin31

Liquidity and spreads are great on TD ameritrade. Margin interest is too high though.

First ... 295296297298299300301 ... Last