RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Josh how are your picks doing this week? my guess is quite good!

Roy
    where have you been? check in please!
    Hey buddy! Been following. SnP really powering ahead. Been selling my rather large positions in pipeline stocks. They have been on a tare.

I'm a buyer of BIDU and BABA on the next pull back. AMZN is like a fuggin helium balloon, sold that too soon.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Hey buddy! Been following. SnP really powering ahead. Been selling my rather large positions in pipeline stocks. They have been on a tare.

I'm a buyer of BIDU and BABA on the next pull back. AMZN is like a fuggin helium balloon, sold that too soon.
    Will AMZN reach $1 trillion before Apple?

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9472

Josh how are your picks doing this week? my guess is quite good!

Roy
    where have you been? check in please!
    So far WTD I think they're up over 1%.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

If you have money at Schwab you can move any cash into a Schwab money fund.

You have to buy and sell yourself instead of an auto sweep, but it settles in a day.

The symbol is SWVXX and carries zero charges. It pays 1.76% and can act basically as a money market account.

I'm sure you have to be a client of Schwab.

My cash there will move to that fund.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11138

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post

Sweet. I sold half my BIDU position yesterday which was cost basis 254 and sold at 267ish. still holding the other half which has cost basis 242. watching every hour of each session to see where things might be going. fun stuff!

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I just bought 500 shares of HIMX at $8.435 per share...
    Take a look at this company guys, I suggest being in on this side of $9 and think this is a good play over the next couple of years.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

I’ll check it out. Good luck with it.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Fuk, I ran Gamestop up some 15% in two weeks, let the diveidend ex date go by, and now it's tanking. It was a great one for that purpose and even to sell or trade options.

I either get out now, or wait another cycle on a failing company with no CEO...

homie1975

sold BIDU at 270. happy with my gains. don't want to get too greedy. now watch it go to 280 and i'm crying LOLOL

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Tech continues to power the market over all else practically every day. Unreal.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i bought a company called gogl at after 1 for 5 split cost me 3.55.It is in shipping and is own by john fredricksen.sp He is the guy that owned seadrill. He tanked gogl just like he did seadrill. It is up close to 9 and hoping it will go up to 14. in next couple of years. Couple of good articles on it. They pay .1 dividend this year after few years layoff.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Tech continues to power the market over all else practically every day. Unreal.
    yep it is insane !!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

yep it is insane !!
    My main portfolio is mostly tech. I ain't complaining. NVDA, TWTR & AABA are my biggest. Love it.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

MORT one to watch. I bought 400 shares at 23.37 and it's looking to move above it's 200 day moving average.

If I remember, Roy liked it as well.

They always say it's best to be the bank, so it's not a bad idea to get a piece of the mortgages.

Tech doing well and markets as a whole still look pretty good.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Not a good sign. Tech is going to plummet when everyone piles into financials. I'm starting to hedge.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Not a good sign. Tech is going to plummet when everyone piles into financials. I'm starting to hedge.
    Maybe, but you could have said that a month ago also and it hasn't happened. Nasdaq up like 10% in the last 5 weeks. No promises here at all, but who says it can't run another 5-10%.

A4K

Maybe, but you could have said that a month ago also and it hasn't happened. Nasdaq up like 10% in the last 5 weeks. No promises here at all, but who says it can't run another 5-10%.
    As a professional trader, I am willing to start betting against that 5 week move. Too many dreamers on the stock message boards. Everyone is ignoring inflationary data as well as the tightening labor market. Hard for this expansion to keep up when companies cannot find workers and are unwilling to raise wages. Anyone with an ARM, student loan or substantial credit card debt is going to start feeling the pain as the Fed is forced to raise rates. That means less money being spent on discretionary items.

For the cautious investors in the mix I suggest you start paying attention to the Restaurant Performance Index. The last major crash was precipitated by a decline in people eating out the year before. Combine that info with 10 year treasuries rising and SOXX falling and you may want to start protecting yourself to the down side. We are a ways off from another crash but it would be prudent to start looking at exit points.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave A4K 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB, and homie1975

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

As a professional trader, I am willing to start betting against that 5 week move. Too many dreamers on the stock message boards. Everyone is ignoring inflationary data as well as the tightening labor market. Hard for this expansion to keep up when companies cannot find workers and are unwilling to raise wages. Anyone with an ARM, student loan or substantial credit card debt is going to start feeling the pain as the Fed is forced to raise rates. That means less money being spent on discretionary items.

For the cautious investors in the mix I suggest you start paying attention to the Restaurant Performance Index. The last major crash was precipitated by a decline in people eating out the year before. Combine that info with 10 year treasuries rising and SOXX falling and you may want to start protecting yourself to the down side. We are a ways off from another crash but it would be prudent to start looking at exit points.
    I don't entirely disagree. I think there is a moderately painful decline in the offing at some point next year.

A4K

I don't entirely disagree. I think there is a moderately painful decline in the offing at some point next year.
    We need wages to rise with the new growth otherwise it doesn't become sustainable.

l3randonf
    l3randonf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

We need wages to rise with the new growth otherwise it doesn't become sustainable.
    I'm hedged slightly with a gold etf right now. What else do you like?

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by l3randonf View Post
    I'm hedged slightly with a gold etf right now. What else do you like?
    Love the GOLD play. To hedge I also like to look at TLT the bond fund.

My research team and I are starting to look at companies that utilize a lot of debt to stay operational. As the Fed is forced to raise rates the cost of borrowing will put a squeeze on certain groups.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I was thinking there will be a little bounce in financials and wondered where the money will come from. It's a good point but I'm not selling Apple and Amazon right now. Are you buying puts?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Impossible to predict markets or time markets charts mean absolutely nothing and our random, you can get trends flipping coins if you chart them

Many many people got wiped out chasing this bull market you could go on for the next four years you don’t know

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I thought it might be too soon for the gold play, but I may be tying that to oil too much.

Too soon for some commodities but maybe gold is getting ripe.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Impossible to predict markets or time markets charts mean absolutely nothing and our random, you can get trends flipping coins if you chart them

Many many people got wiped out chasing this bull market you could go on for the next four years you don’t know
    There are internals that help out here. We don't need to be at the lowest or highest, we just need to squeeze out some dollars in between.

A4K

There are internals that help out here. We don't need to be at the lowest or highest, we just need to squeeze out some dollars in between.
    Name of the game. Find over extended equities and let it return to the mean. Not rocket science.

A4K

I was thinking there will be a little bounce in financials and wondered where the money will come from. It's a good point but I'm not selling Apple and Amazon right now. Are you buying puts?
    I'm shorting some components of FAANG right now. I own hundreds of AAPL shares in my IRA that I will not part with. Long term we will be fine but I am betting on a small pullback.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave A4K 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

My main portfolio is mostly tech. I ain't complaining. NVDA, TWTR & AABA are my biggest. Love it.
    got twitter at 22 and 24. Shit was down to 16 but trump has been a godsend for this stock.
    Last edited by chico2663; 06-14-18 at 04:47 PM.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

I've heard platinum is a good buy

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    got twitter at 22 and 24. Shit was down to 16 but trump has been a godsend for this stock.
    I had it awhile back at like 28 and then doubled up when it fell to around 17. Holding on. Never was any reason FB should have been like 20x Twitter. If FB is worth $570 billion, then Twitter is good for $100 billion at least. That would be almost a triple from here. I can see Twitter > $100 by EOY.
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave d2bets 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    This week's stocks:

ABMD

ADBE

ALGN

ATHM

DECK

FIVE

HTHT

INTU

LULU

MED

MOMO

MOV

MU

NFLX

NSP

SIVB

TAL

TCMD

TTD

TTGT

TWTR

WWE

ZTO
    Stocks for the week: +1.87%

S&P500 for the week: +.01%

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Stocks for the week: +1.87%

S&P500 for the week: +.01%

Excellent work my Friend !!!

guitarjosh

Excellent work my Friend !!!
    Thanks, would have been better if not for news that T A L Education was being shorted, it dropped over 17% for the week.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Pharmas starting to bust out a bit. I see some 100 day moving averages getting broken.

guitarjosh

This week's stocks:

ABMD

ADBE

ALGN

ATHM

FIVE

FTNT

GRUB

HQY