chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Nearly every position in the KVB Total Return Fund popped upon buy. The market did all that work...lol.

Those that didn't were the smallest allocations (GE) and were bought partially (35 shares CELG as I would have rather have been in $9 earlier but that boat sailed).

CELG was up today, making it positive in the account.

HIMX is off too but I did discuss a bit of a longer time frame for that company and wanted in before we saw 9. My limit at 7.65 filled today and it closed at 7.76. I think we have a winner there.

There has been dividend payments and option income in that account as well.

I'm exposed though, that's why I'm trying to draw off some income and prepare for some volatility.
    know sp imfelt. his wife graduated with my cousin. i have friends and family that have retired from ge. My office was the same exit as g.e. I think they fuckked up when they went in financial. it is why cinti is rated top 30 city is because. p.g/ge/cintas/and so many other companies reside there.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    know sp imfelt. his wife graduated with my cousin. i have friends and family that have retired from ge. My office was the same exit as g.e. I think they fuckked up when they went in financial. it is why cinti is rated top 30 city is because. p.g/ge/cintas/and so many other companies reside there.
    In the end it's always better to become the bank. I would have figured GE Financial or GE Equity would have been good things.

It'll get back.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

GE booted from DOW.

Just as well.I'm sure institutions will love to buy into that selling now. Maybe they push lower, really scare the folks and pensions, then scoop up while covering shorts.

I am all over this.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

GE booted from DOW.

Just as well.I'm sure institutions will love to buy into that selling now. Maybe they push lower, really scare the folks and pensions, then scoop up while covering shorts.

I am all over this.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

The Dow lost 287 pts today to finish 24,700, enough to wipe out all 2018 gains..Investors say the threat and retaliatory moves between Trump and Beijing are causing more instability...If Trump could just shut his fukkin mouth for one day....

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Nearly every position in the KVB Total Return Fund popped upon buy. The market did all that work...lol...
    Want to clarify, Chico, that I was just giving you a summary of what I've done so far. I wan't tooting a horn as I admit the market did all the work.

I'm starting to get active and hopefully can trade for more profit as time goes on, no matter the market direction.

chico2663

kvb. this stock maybe to cheap for you but with the growth of coal business it is a great stock. it is gogl. i got it after john fredricksen took it down to the lows. I have tripled my money on it. I expect it will go up to 15. within next 2 years

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Want to clarify, Chico, that I was just giving you a summary of what I've done so far. I wan't tooting a horn as I admit the market did all the work.

I'm starting to get active and hopefully can trade for more profit as time goes on, no matter the market direction.
    It is almost impossible to make money short term trading with zero volatility

RoyBacon

I'm a buyer today. Bot SPY in the AH market. Will try to set up small with BABA and BIDU at the open.

The German automakers offering to drop tariffs on US autos is sneaky big news.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Tech carrying the market today as it has all year.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Holy NFLX

i sold that guy at $330 last month, which matched the previous High in March, as i thought it would hit more resistance. Only made $21 per share on it but now that sucker won't stop running!!

RoyBacon

Amzn too. Gawd I sold that fugger wayyy too early.

I got a whole list I'm watching but just have to wait. I think we are close to a short term top, maybe 281 on the SPY.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Holy NFLX

i sold that guy at $330 last month, which matched the previous High in March, as i thought it would hit more resistance. Only made $21 per share on it but now that sucker won't stop running!!
    It's basically doubled just this year, from $90 bil to $180 bil market cap.

homie1975

bought a small position on BA at 337.50 as it's down 9% in the last ten days. i think we'll get a small bounce before more USA tariffs on 6/30. if not, and it goes down, then i'll likely add more shares to lower the cost basis

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It is almost impossible to make money short term trading with zero volatility
    The universe is so wide. There's always a bull market somewhere, something always has volatility, blah blah blah.

JJ, maybe it's a case that I've forgotten more about the markets than you'll ever know.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

kvb. this stock maybe to cheap for you but with the growth of coal business it is a great stock. it is gogl. i got it after john fredricksen took it down to the lows. I have tripled my money on it. I expect it will go up to 15. within next 2 years
    The cheaper the stock, the better for everyone we get good returns if we do it right.

But those big guys just get bigger, making me wish I was in when they were cheap...lol.

GOGL...I like this one. I'm going to do more research but from a pro and con point this looks like a nice stock. It may not outpace it's sector over near term, and it doesn't have to, but I don't see it under performing either.

I like GOGL, I like their business, and am looking closely at it.

HIMX announced a dividend Tuesday for holders of July 19 to pay July 31.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Kodak is no comparison to GE fyi. Jet engines are not going to be replaced by cell phones like what happened to Kodak. GE has a huge residual business on just spare parts from a million different products. They do a ton of defense work and the military budget is loaded.

If this stock is not higher than $17 by the end of next year I will make Joe Biden my avatar. Remind me.
    Not true. My father worked at aeronica aeronautical. He made the heat shield on the appollo's. Also back in 1974 he cut the first backblast plate on 747 which if he would of screwed up at that time would of been million dollars. They did most of their as sub contracting for pratt and whitney. Now i think the plant is closed. There is a reason ge went into the financial market. Imfelt sp has run them into the shit. They are located in sharonville ohio less than 2 miles from princeton high school. I have had many friends and family retire from there and more than a gew laid off. I have been putting off putting money in this stock since it was in the 50's. This guy has ruined many employees retirement because they were encouraged to invest in company stock

chico2663

There are many better companies from the cinti area to invest in p&g, cintas, cinti financial, ford and fifth 3rd to name a few.

chico2663

roy or kvb give me your thoughts on this play. I have comcast which is fighting disney for 21 century fox. Now the loser is going to try to get a company similar t them so i bought lionsgate lgf-a

RoyBacon

roy or kvb give me your thoughts on this play. I have comcast which is fighting disney for 21 century fox. Now the loser is going to try to get a company similar t them so i bought lionsgate lgf-a
    I dont follow those guys. Dont like the regulation and changing consumer habits they have to endure.

homie1975

RHT hammered after the low guidance on the earnings call. I just grabbed a small position at 145

Red Hat let's go buddy. time to start moving back towards your recent high

RoyBacon

Back in BABA at 200.75.
    Fishing for BIDU now.

homie1975

Roy, very nice. I am watching them also.

TSLA has been beaten up all week since the random battery fire. Dropped $35 this week alone. I just bought at $337ish

homie1975

since yesterday i have jumped back in on recently beaten-down stocks:

BA
    RHT
    TSLA

RoyBacon

Funny...been in the process of getting a Tesla for oh about 4 months. A brutal process btw, just brutal. Still no car, I've prepaid, sent in my trade in title, given my left pinky, paid an electrician to install a charging station($1600 btw). But, man they are sweet.

I had the stock in the 190's seems like about a year ago. I think you will make $.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave RoyBacon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    I dont follow those guys. Dont like the regulation and changing consumer habits they have to endure.
    I was talking to someone about these things the other day.

I always avoided airlines, cable companies like that, and now we're talking about Starbucks and Facebook being ones to avoid just because they are so subjet to PR issues.

Trying to appeal to the these new generation movements make you subject to, for example, anyone with a cel phone camera that thinks you're doing something shady or facebook type issues.

Everyone is subject to craziness, but it seems like these guys are so out there that they are vulnerable.

Probably could take advantage and in cheaper, but overall I dislike that type of volatility.

RoyBacon

I was talking to someone about these things the other day.

I always avoided airlines, cable companies like that, and now we're talking about Starbucks and Facebook being ones to avoid just because they are so subjet to PR issues.

Trying to appeal to the these new generation movements make you subject to, for example, anyone with a cel phone camera that thinks you're doing something shady or facebook type issues.

Everyone is subject to craziness, but it seems like these guys are so out there that they are vulnerable.

Probably could take advantage and in cheaper, but overall I dislike that type of volatility.
    Yeaaaa... my cousin, a smart fuggin trader, begged me to buy Netflix. And every visit he reminds me his house was paid for by Netflix. But I am just scared of these media plays. Scared I'll wake up one day and everyone will have switched to something else.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I get what you are saying because it does happen with the most popular companies, things change.

I get a little more worried when a company like Starbucks is forced to change a policy, like letting anyone come and stay whether they buy or not, because they are worried about local discrimination from low level employees.

That shit affects the bottom line at one point, or leads to higher prices, or even leads to another PR problem when even the homeless realize that Starbucks won't refuse you even if it's their right.

That social pressure can make one instance lead to such broad change and crazy stock movement.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    This week's stocks:

ABMD

ADBE

ALGN

ATHM

FIVE

FTNT

GRUB

HQY

HTHT

IDXX

ILMN

KEM

LULU

MED

MOMO

MOV

MSCI

NFLX

NSP

NVDA

QLYS

RHT

TCMD

TTD

TTGT

TWTR

WWE

ZTO

Bad week this week

S&P 500 for the week: -.89%

The above picks this week: -3.12%

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Bad week this week

S&P 500 for the week: -.89%

The above picks this week: -3.12%
    Yeah, tech got crushed this week for once. We'll see if this is a true sector rotation or just a blip in a rough week.

guitarjosh

Stocks for this week:

ABMD

ALGN

ATHM

CPRT

EW

FIVE

KEM

LULU

M

MA

MED

MOMO

MSCI

NFLX

NSSC

SRI

TCMD

TTD

TTGT

TWTR

WWE
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave guitarjosh 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975

Josh what are the new ones in there?

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    josh what are the new ones in there?
    cprt

ew

m

ma

nssc

sri
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave guitarjosh 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Harley Davidson moving all motorcycle manufacturing off shore because of Trumps tariffs...This corporate way of thinking is just beginning...Not an economist on the planet that think that tariffs work. More instability in Washington then ever before, day after day after day....From a President that's a fukkin jerk...

First ... 16171819202122 ... Last