Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Has Donald Trump desecrated the US Flag???

http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html

US Flag Code

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

• (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
    • (i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

• (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

Someone has some explaining to do...

Mac4Lyfe

Crickets...
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Mac4Lyfe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Mac, a sign you might need a life is when you spend a Wednesday night searching the internet on a way to bash Trump to post on a sports gambling forum. I don't know what is more sad, the fact you spend the time to go through with this thread or this is what you came up with.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: kidcudi92

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Mac, a sign you might need a life is when you spend a Wednesday night searching the internet on a way to bash Trump to post on a sports gambling forum. I don't know what is more sad, the fact you spend the time to go through with this thread or this is what you came up with.
    True or False? Is Trump desecrating the flag by wearing it on a cap and selling caps with the flag on his website?

I don't give a shit but curious what's your take?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    True or False? Is Trump desecrating the flag by wearing it on a cap and selling caps with the flag on his website?

I don't give a shit but curious what's your take?
    When I think of desecrating the flag I think of people stomping and burning it. Not putting it on a hat because they are proud to wear it. I had Ping embroider a flag on the back side of my red, white, and blue golf bag. Does that mean I am desecrating it? I am merely a proud American. If that is wrong then I guess we are all fuked.

Mac4Lyfe

When I think of desecrating the flag I think of people stomping and burning it. Not putting it on a hat because they are proud to wear it. I had Ping embroider a flag on the back side of my red, white, and blue golf bag. Does that mean I am desecrating it? I am merely a proud American. If that is wrong then I guess we are all fuked.
    You are absolutely desecrating the flag by putting it on a golf bag. Are you kidding me? On a golf bag? That is bad man. It's a flag and it's supposed to be used only as a flag. It's not supposed to be displayed on clothes, banners, table cloths, hats, etc. Americans have been disrespecting the flag for a very long time now.

Have you ever read the flag code?
    http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html

Mac4Lyfe

Shame on Ping for stitching it on golf bags.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

There is a difference between desecrating and representing. What you have posted is about taking an actual flag and turning it into a garment. A bikini that is printed with the nations colors, stars, and stripes, isn't made from an actual flag.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

No

Although this thread may desecrate Players Talk

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    There is a difference between desecrating and representing. What you have posted is about taking an actual flag and turning it into a garment. A bikini that is printed with the nations colors, stars, and stripes, isn't made from an actual flag.
    I see where you're going Mackles, but I think the green frog is right.

These are the bastards you should go after. Wearing it as a cape, disgraceful!

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    I see where you're going Mackles, but I think the green frog is right.

These are the bastards you should go after. Wearing it as a cape, disgraceful!

I agree. I hate when Chris Weidman wears the flag like that, especially when he is fighting someone else from the United States.

Kermit

This might be considered desecration.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Mac I didn't know you were Pro Lib

Mac4Lyfe

Huh? What do you mean by "representing"? What is an "actual flag"? One that has been dipped in holy water? If you design a pair of pants in the form of the flag, it is the flag. Stop playing on words... Please read slowly.

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

• (i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
    • (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.
    • (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery

What do you think they mean when they say embroidered? They are definitely not talking about an "actual flag" made from cloth. It says specifically that it should not be put on articles like clothes or impressed like on a t-shirt. Stop playing on words. It is VERY CLEAR that you should not embroider the flag on items like hats. The code is clear that a costume should not be made to look like the flag. Please don't try and insult my intelligence by debating what is an "ACTUAL FLAG". And of course a bikini made to look like the US flag is disrespectful.

What do you think it means when it says as WEARING APPAREL? Are you really trying to argue that it's okay to wear the flag since you made it out of twizzlers? Or you can wear shoes of the flag because it's made out of plastic? The flag is the flag is the flag. You are not supposed to desecrate it. People do it every damn day because they don't know.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You can't be serious

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Not really:

" or any advertisement of any nature; or who, within the District of Columbia, shall manufacture, sell, expose for sale, or to public view, or give away or have in possession for sale, or to be given away or for use for any purpose, any article or substance being an article of merchandise, or a receptacle for merchandise or article or thing for carrying or transporting merchandise, upon which shall have been printed, painted, attached, or otherwise placed a representation of any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign, to advertise, call attention to, decorate, mark, or distinguish the article or substance on which so placed shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $100 or by imprisonment for not more than thirty days, or both, in the discretion of the court. The words 'flag, standard, colors, or ensign', as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    You can't be serious
    He's written a few essays already, so he must be. Get ready for another long thread of nonsense.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Mac I didn't know you were Pro Lib
    I don't follow any label. I damn sure don't follow the 2 party system that so many of you have been brainwashed. It's a sham. Both parties are playing you and they are all laughing. I think for myself. I'm probably a liberal conservative but I reserve my right to change my mind at any time.

I'm very liberal;
    - in bed
    - with my BBQ sauce
    - what people do in the privacy of their own home
    - choice of women
    - investment portfolio
    - civil liberties
    - government should help out small business and people in need

I'm very conservative;
    - education
    - saving money
    - local community should make the rules
    - the Constitution
    - social conservatism
    - government should let business fail and people fend for themselves

My views are not concrete. I cannot be put in a box. I can see both sides and I can come to my own conclusions. I do not get rustled easily and I really don't care what people do. I hate injustice and look to do what's right. I will call out hypocrisy and challenge thought. People have been disrespecting the flag and the anthem for decades. Many without malice. Many just don't know any better. I would see people sit during the anthem, hats on and very few with their hands on their heart for many years. It has never been out of disrespect or hate for this country. It's really not a big deal. T

ebow kneeled and the non Christians bashed the hell out of him, called him an attention whore. Black guys kneel and all you hear are people calling them sub human. Tebow made people think and Kaepernick has done the same thing. The hypocrisy comes when Trump talks about disrespect and he has clearly done the same thing. Does Kaepernick want to disrespect people? No he does not. He went to a vet who told him to kneel instead of sitting down because kneeling is the ULTIMATE form of respect. Does Trump want to disrespect the flag? Of course not. I don't care if he drapes the flag over his body. But do you see the hypocrisy? Most people just don't know the flag code but now all of a sudden they are judge and jury.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    He's written a few essays already, so he must be. Get ready for another long thread of nonsense.
    Amazing that you cannot dispute what I wrote, so you put it off as nonsense. Maybe you will learn something tonight that the flag SHOULD NOT be worn. Maybe you will actually read the flag code but something tells me you aren't good at reading long essays.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    You can't be serious
    Are you serious? Did you really respond in this thread with this? What are you contributing with your comment? There is one thing that is infallible and that is the truth. It cannot be proven wrong.

Cuse0323

I don't have the energy to respond to your dissertation on how Trump is desecrating the Flag, is all. Have at it. I'm sure someone will engage you, and give you what you wish.

Mac4Lyfe

I am not bashing Trump. I am pointing out his misuse of the flag is considered desecration to some. It means nothing to me. I am not offended by him selling flags on hats. I do not see ill intent BUT you better believe that there are people out there that do not like people displaying the flag improperly. I think they need thick skin too but the larger point is...

How canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't have the energy to respond to your dissertation on how Trump is desecrating the Flag, is all. Have at it. I'm sure someone will engage you, and give you what you wish.
    You don't have to give me anything. I am challenging you to think for your self. Go look at the flag code. Then honestly tell yourself. Is selling hats on a website with the flag on it appropriate? Is wearing a hat with the US flag on it appropriate?? Now that you know the code, will you wear a hat with the flag, or carry a golf bag or wear a shirt or pair of pants?

Why do people have a hard time admitting they are wrong. It is not a big deal. You find out that you were ill informed and you change. I did not know you were supposed to put your hand on your heart during the anthem until I was about 16. No one told me. Once I knew, I made the change. But I'm certainly not going to point out to someone else that they are doing it wrong.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

I agree. I hate when Chris Weidman wears the flag like that, especially when he is fighting someone else from the United States.

Mostly all athletes especially in track drape themselves in the flag Kermy .. We've both seen the Brazilians do in MMA also.. Hussien Bolt does it in track all the time.. Most athletes do it at the Olympics also.. Nothing new as I just think it is a show of Patriotism for their Country.. I guess you can say the same for Chris Weidman.. It never really bothered me until Luke beat his ass and I lost money on him in that fight.. ...

Cuse0323

You don't have to give me anything. I am challenging you to think for your self. Go look at the flag code. Then honestly tell yourself. Is selling hats on a website with the flag on it appropriate? Is wearing a hat with the US flag on it appropriate?? Now that you know the code, will you wear a hat with the flag, or carry a golf bag or wear a shirt or pair of pants?

Why do people have a hard time admitting they are wrong. It is not a big deal. You find out that you were ill informed and you change. I did not know you were supposed to put your hand on your heart during the anthem until I was about 16. No one told me. Once I knew, I made the change. But I'm certainly not going to point out to someone else that they are doing it wrong.
    Let me get drunk, and I'll get back to you. They sent me the wrong hat. My MAGA hat doesn't have the Flag on it. Anyway, I have a headache, so I'll be back and give the whole thinking for myself thing a shot. Stay put.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Mac, you claimed 730 unarmed black men were killed by police in 2015. According to the Washington Post, there was only 36 and you ran away from the other thread.

Bitch I own you.

Mac4Lyfe

Let me get drunk, and I'll get back to you. They sent me the wrong hat. My MAGA hat doesn't have the Flag on it. Anyway, I have a headache, so I'll be back and give the whole thinking for myself thing a shot. Stay put.
    Drink one for me. I'm off to bed but will be up pretty early. They must have sent you an early version hat. His website clearly has the hat with the flag on it. Let's see how long they keep it up. There's a lot of paraphernalia on the site with flags.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Mac, you claimed 730 unarmed black men were killed by police in 2015. According to the Washington Post, there was only 36 and you ran away from the other thread.
    Bitch I own you.
    I didn't run away from the thread. I probably couldn't find it again as there's so many threads these days. Did I said they were ALL black? I might have miss typed as I think there were 730 unarmed PEOPLE killed by the police. I'm pretty sure they were not all black. I really don't care what color they are, I am just as upset over anyone being killed by the police unarmed, especially woman. There has to be a better way to apprehend an unarmed person without shooting them. Sure, some of them are idiots but when they are unarmed... Come on. Find a better way.

You can own me if you like. My price is pretty high though.

Cuse0323

Drink one for me. I'm off to bed but will be up pretty early. They must have sent you an early version hat. His website clearly has the hat with the flag on it. Let's see how long they keep it up. There's a lot of paraphernalia on the site with flags.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/
    The official MAGA hat doesn't have a Flag on it. At least the red snapback one that is the most known. I'm sure some do, I don't know. A lot of bootlegs out there too.

Anyway, I think you may be liberally interpreting the code, but couldn't care less. If they ripped off a piece of a real American Flag, and sowed it on, then yeah. Otherwise, I think it's a stretch. I'm not gonna argue. I didn't even read anything yet except your responses to me.

Can we not wear a shirt with the USA Flag on it now?

Cuse0323

Yeeeeeah...that hat in your OP is a knock off for one, and two, that picture of Trump with the hat on has no American Flag on it. The Code seems to be about the actual Flag, and also not replicating it on disposable shit like napkins.

I guess you can take a win on the advertising. A lot of people have been desecrating the Flag then.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Common Mac, we're not rules followers. Nobody likes people that read every letter and line in a rule book and hold people accountable to some obscure bullshit, even if they're holding others accountable to it. I see the point you're making and I agree, but honestly I prefer to never invoke a rule book.

Personally, I think Trump should put the American flag on everything he wears, he is the POTUS. Good for him

TheMoneyShot

I don't follow any label. I damn sure don't follow the 2 party system that so many of you have been brainwashed. It's a sham. Both parties are playing you and they are all laughing. I think for myself. I'm probably a liberal conservative but I reserve my right to change my mind at any time.

I'm very liberal;
    - in bed
    - with my BBQ sauce
    - what people do in the privacy of their own home
    - choice of women
    - investment portfolio
    - civil liberties
    - government should help out small business and people in need

I'm very conservative;
    - education
    - saving money
    - local community should make the rules
    - the Constitution
    - social conservatism
    - government should let business fail and people fend for themselves

My views are not concrete. I cannot be put in a box. I can see both sides and I can come to my own conclusions. I do not get rustled easily and I really don't care what people do. I hate injustice and look to do what's right. I will call out hypocrisy and challenge thought. People have been disrespecting the flag and the anthem for decades. Many without malice. Many just don't know any better. I would see people sit during the anthem, hats on and very few with their hands on their heart for many years. It has never been out of disrespect or hate for this country. It's really not a big deal. T

ebow kneeled and the non Christians bashed the hell out of him, called him an attention whore. Black guys kneel and all you hear are people calling them sub human. Tebow made people think and Kaepernick has done the same thing. The hypocrisy comes when Trump talks about disrespect and he has clearly done the same thing. Does Kaepernick want to disrespect people? No he does not. He went to a vet who told him to kneel instead of sitting down because kneeling is the ULTIMATE form of respect. Does Trump want to disrespect the flag? Of course not. I don't care if he drapes the flag over his body. But do you see the hypocrisy? Most people just don't know the flag code but now all of a sudden they are judge and jury.
    I see.

Well to answer your original question... no... Donald Trump didn't desecrate the frag.

I don't know where you come up with some of the things you post?

The Kraken

I see.

Well to answer your original question... no... Donald Trump didn't desecrate the frag.

I don't know where you come up with some of the things you post?

Like you're one to fukking talk

Or me for that matter

But certainly you

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Like you're one to fukking talk

Or me for that matter

But certainly you
    I might say bizarre sh#$...

but because of a hat he desecrated the flag??? This is some Twilight Zone sh#$ krak.

I'm ready for Mac to kneel for the anthem on Sunday.

The Kraken

Ya I agree, Trump never desecrated the flag. I see what mac is doing and I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt because in my book he's as solid as they come, so i'll let him wrap this up

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

I might say bizarre sh#$...

but because of a hat he desecrated the flag??? This is some Twilight Zone sh#$ krak.

I'm ready for Mac to kneel for the anthem on Sunday.
    there's probably a flag on that navy seal pontoon boat he bought to escape the next flood. as soon as it hits the water it will be desecrated. this clown keeps digging himself in deeper (mac 4 lie)

1234 ... Last