Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Yeeeeeah...that hat in your OP is a knock off for one, and two, that picture of Trump with the hat on has no American Flag on it. The Code seems to be about the actual Flag, and also not replicating it on disposable shit like napkins.
    I guess you can take a win on the advertising. A lot of people have been desecrating the Flag then.
    The Donald Trump website is selling hats with flags on them. Are you telling me that his site is selling "knock offs"?

What the hell is an actual flag? Does it have to be a certain size? It specifically states to not embroider it on clothing. Now you're going to tell me a hat is not clothing???

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Common Mac, we're not rules followers. Nobody likes people that read every letter and line in a rule book and hold people accountable to some obscure bullshit, even if they're holding others accountable to it. I see the point you're making and I agree, but honestly I prefer to never invoke a rule book.
    Personally, I think Trump should put the American flag on everything he wears, he is the POTUS. Good for him
    Like I've said. I don't give a shit what people do. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of people. The flag code CLEARLY has a section that states what not to do so that you do not DISRESPECT THE FLAG. Trump has violated that section in at least 3 sections by advertising the flag, displaying the flag on objects and embroidering it on articles of clothing. There is no other interpretation of the code. The code says it's disrespectful. Why do you think they wrote it with specific language that it is disrespectful?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mac get a hold of yourself

I think you’re whacking out

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Can we not wear a shirt with the USA Flag on it now?
    According to the code... it is disrespectful.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Mostly all athletes especially in track drape themselves in the flag Kermy .. We've both seen the Brazilians do in MMA also.. Hussien Bolt does it in track all the time.. Most athletes do it at the Olympics also.. Nothing new as I just think it is a show of Patriotism for their Country.. I guess you can say the same for Chris Weidman.. It never really bothered me until Luke beat his ass and I lost money on him in that fight.. ...
    I can see maybe wearing your flag if you are fighting in another country or against an opponent that is from another country, but to wear a flag in your own country against another citizen from that same country seems silly.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mac get a hold of yourself
    I think you’re whacking out
    Not one person with a brain has read the code... This country is full of Lemmings and idiots. God help us.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I can see maybe wearing your flag if you are fighting in another country or against an opponent that is from another country, but to wear a flag in your own country against another citizen from that same country seems silly.
    So it's okay for some deadbeat to go to some other country, get knocked out in 20 seconds wearing the US flag? So that the other countries fans could cheer that the USA sucks. Yeah great idea.

Why do you think the code was created?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Mac, conserve and preserve the energy

We got games this Saturday

Still reeling from the wvu game

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The Donald Trump website is selling hats with flags on them. Are you telling me that his site is selling "knock offs"?

What the hell is an actual flag? Does it have to be a certain size? It specifically states to not embroider it on clothing. Now you're going to tell me a hat is not clothing???
    I'm saying the picture you posted isn't from his site.

Kermit

So it's okay for some deadbeat to go to some other country, get knocked out in 20 seconds wearing the US flag? So that the other countries fans could cheer that the USA sucks. Yeah great idea.

Why do you think the code was created?
    Personally, I do not care for when people wear the flag over their shoulders.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

Until the flag police come, I will wear/ display the colors of USA and the flag at my discretion.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Until the flag police come, I will wear/ display the colors of USA and the flag at my discretion.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    is that a real thing?

there is a guy in my neighborhood that has a bears flag on the same pole as a us flag... that is downright criminal, let's turn him in

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Wipe obamas come off your face. You'll see better

Kermit

Huh? What do you mean by "representing"? What is an "actual flag"?

• (i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
    • (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.
    • (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery

Like an actual flag.

This is swimwear that is printed in Red, White, and Blue and is not made out of the material in the picture up here ^^^

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Kermit

Question:

Is it permissible to wear an item of clothing that looks like the United States flag?

Answer:

Unless an article of clothing is made from an actual United States flag, there is NO breach of flag etiquette whatsoever. People are simply expressing their patriotism and love of country by wearing an article of clothing that happens to be red, white, and blue with stars and stripes. There is nothing illegal about the wearing or use of these items.

https://www.legion.org/flag/question...ed-states-flag

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Larry Flynt once wore the flag as a diaper.

Kermit

This is desecrating the American Flag.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Did I said they were ALL black? I might have miss typed as I think there were 730 unarmed PEOPLE killed by the police.
    Yes you specifically wrote "UNARMED BLACK MEN" were being killed everyday by the police. That is a lie. The entire "we kneel because of police brutality" is based on lies.

There were around 1,000 people killed by Police in 2015 according to the Washington Post. Only 90 were unarmed. 36 were black. 54 were not black.

Is 90 unarmed people killed by police each year really a cause worth fighting? You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than being unarmed and killed by police. And that doesn't even account for how many of those 90 people were in fact resisting arrest when they were shot.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Mac, you claimed 730 unarmed black men were killed by police in 2015. According to the Washington Post, there was only 36 and you ran away from the other thread.

Bitch I own you.
    seeing that their were 10 in ohio; I would have to say that was fake news

chico2663

I remember back in the early 80's playing. Whenever some one got injured everyone would take a knee out of respect.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    I remember back in the early 80's playing. Whenever some one got injured everyone would take a knee out of respect.
    You still see that happening today sometimes, especially in the NFL when a player takes a bad hit and is down. It's a nice to see players on both teams kneeling(and sometimes praying) together after a player is injured.

Mac4Lyfe

Like an actual flag.
    This is swimwear that is printed in Red, White, and Blue and is not made out of the material in the picture up here ^^^
    Kermit - are you serious? Please don't tell me you really believe what you wrote? What is an ACTUAL FLAG? Who determines an ACTUAL FLAG? Is that the same as an ACTUAL ANTHEM? Maybe all these anthems are just illegal copies of the real thing? What do you think "printed or impressed" mean? Are you really trying to say that there's some special cloth material made for flags? If so, how would that be "Printed or Embroidered". Have you ever seen an embroidered flag flown? Has anyone ever tried to make a napkin out of a flag from a state building? Come on man. You're better than this.

The code was written specifically for that swimsuit. While she looks nice in the swimsuit, it can be offensive to some/many. ANYTHING that is symbolic of the flag, where people will associate it to the USA is prohibited. We are not supposed to profit off the flag or run around wearing the flag at an event like Woodstock. It looks stupid in most cases.

This is why our country is going to hell. No one wants to admit when they don't know something. 99% of society don't even know the flag code but now that you know it, you are still trying to fight it. It is very convenient for you to wrongly interpret what is clearly written. What is your intent? What do you think the intent of the flag code? You are very far apart. I'd have more respect if you would just say that you don't agree with the code. Not you playing on words.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

seeing that their were 10 in ohio; I would have to say that was fake news

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/inv...=.5339d8893eab

Find me a better researched article than this.

Police Brutality is a lie and it's shown in the numbers.

chico2663

now on sam dubose case I personally knew sam and the officer is engaged to a buddies daughter. I'm not going to do the homework for you but I have put the sam dubose video on this site too many times. Tamir was a 12 year old holding a water pistol. Maybe they didn't take in acct in was a toy. They killed a guy in dayton at the walmart, They killed another guy in cleveland who had his back turned to the police walking away. He was wearing headphones so didn't hear the cops

chico2663

Didn't you claim the washington post as"fake news" when they were going against trump? Sort of hypocritical isn't it. Or is just you want to talk shit to mac episode?

chico2663

Buddy i personally count 2 police chiefs and countless other policemen as my friends. There is a problem with police brutality. Not sure if it is a color thing but an economics thing. Police will treat anyone like shit they can. If they think you have influence than they won't.
    I have put things on here about situations I've been in. I worked in at that time was rated most dangerous place to live by usa today. It was where the riots was in cinti. Before c&c ,i used to carry because I would have to carry a lot of cash on me. I got arrested in 88 for having a gun on me. One of the cops took a cheap shot at me. I had to spend the night in the tank. When we go to court the next morning I explained what I did for a living and the judge told the cop if he ever wasted his time he would throw the cop in jail. I was given my gun back. Three weeks later ,I was at a party involving one of my buddies who happened to be a police officer. He knew I was pissed at the guy but told me not to do anything at his house. I blasted him before he made the party.

chico2663

fake news

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

There is a difference between desecrating and representing. What you have posted is about taking an actual flag and turning it into a garment. A bikini that is printed with the nations colors, stars, and stripes, isn't made from an actual flag.
    This is the post of the day, if not the month.

When the law talks about desecrating the flag, it means not using an actual flag for apparel. It is legal to create emblems and sewn on emblems.

Oh, and MacLyfe, stop watching fake news and maybe you'll learn something besides hate, bigotry and liberalism.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

now on sam dubose case I personally knew sam and the officer is engaged to a buddies daughter. I'm not going to do the homework for you but I have put the sam dubose video on this site too many times. Tamir was a 12 year old holding a water pistol. Maybe they didn't take in acct in was a toy. They killed a guy in dayton at the walmart, They killed another guy in cleveland who had his back turned to the police walking away. He was wearing headphones so didn't hear the cops
    What is your point here? These didn't all happen in 2015. No one is saying it never occurs. It's surprising it doesn't happen more often considering the insane volume of police interactions with people who hate the police and want them dead.

If we are going to have some type of law and order things will always go badly in a very small percentage of them. Now, please show the graphic of the whites in Ohio being killed...nah you don't give a shit

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

fake news
    First off the black dude reached and grabbed for the officers stun gun when tussling, resisting officers orders clearly, posed an immediate physical threat at close range. Then the black guy runs.. Hmmm?

I don't think the cop should have shot the guy in the back running away, that was wrong... There was physical contact though and the cop was probably rattled and felt threatened before the dude ran. A little gray area there..

If I did the same to a cop I'd expect to get shot and killed.. The dude had a death wish..

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    First off the black dude reached and grabbed for the officers stun gun when tussling, resisting officers orders clearly, posed an immediate physical threat at close range. Then the black guy runs.. Hmmm?

I don't think the cop should have shot the guy in the back running away, that was wrong... There was physical contact though and the cop was probably rattled and felt threatened before the dude ran. A little gray area there..

If I did the same to a cop I'd expect to get shot and killed.. The dude had a death wish..
    Exactly. These cops are human beings too worried about their own safety and their families. They aren't unemotional robots capable of split second perfect assessment.

Reminds me of that situation several years ago when Capt. Sully landed the airplane in the Hudson. The inquiry committees or whatever they were called were ready to indict him because simulators showed he could have made it back to the runway, that is until they realized simulation pilots who already know what is going to happen and what they are supposed to try to do react much differently than a pilot encountering the situation in real life for the first time.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    This is the post of the day, if not the month.
    When the law talks about desecrating the flag, it means not using an actual flag for apparel. It is legal to create emblems and sewn on emblems.
    Oh, and MacLyfe, stop watching fake news and maybe you'll learn something besides hate, bigotry and liberalism.
    So when someone takes a dump on a tshirt of the flag, you don't think anything is wrong because it's not an actual flag? If an ugly, fat woman flaunts a bikini US flag on Russian tv, you would not have a problem because it's not an actual flag? If the Taliban burn a piece of material with the US flag on it, you think it's not disrespectful because it's not a real flag?

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id487837931

So you don't consider this desecration since it's not an ACTUAL FLAG?
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 09-28-17 at 07:39 PM.

First 12345 Last