raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15373

Verge hacked again.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    This is the greatest moment of our lives. If you're not cashing in big on crypto, you're seriously missing out. There are so many arbs out there between the exchanges. 30%+ arbs! Even if you just wanted to stick to trading bitcoin, you would be banking hard just buying the dips. Just in the past 2 weeks, we've seen nearly a $2k swing.

You're just dumb AF to say that cryptos aren't tradeable any longer. Dumb. AF.
    If you don't mind me asking, could you walk me through one of your arb trades?

Give me an example of the exchanges and wallets you are most comfortable with. I was asking what posters liked to use most before and see a few examples since then from the thread but I was curious as to the routes you like your cryptos to take, from favorite exchanges to wallets.

I plan to put some more money in and may be looking to increase my outs.

Thank you in advance.

snider
    snider's Avatar Become A Pro!

How much of bitcoins success could be attributed to gambling being illegal in the USA? Why all of a sudden there is a breakthrough and it’s made legal? To me it seems they figured they cannot slow the money leaving the country any longer.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by snider View Post
    How much of bitcoins success could be attributed to gambling being illegal in the USA? Why all of a sudden there is a breakthrough and it’s made legal? To me it seems they figured they cannot slow the money leaving the country any longer.
    Very little, if any. Cryptos are huge in APAC; not so much in NA.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I saw this yesterday...

8 years ago today, Laszlo Hanyecz paid 10,000 BTC for 2 pizzas. Today, you can throw an office pizza party for 10,000 bits. ($80) That's over 1,000,000x increase in 8 years! Thanks Laszlo for your sacrifice, which helped kickstart Bitcoin adoption worldwide. #BitcoinPizzaDay

At today's prices, those 2 pizzas cost $75 million.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I remember that. Unreal.

So anyone want to chime in on their favorite routes for crypto trading, accumulating, and betting?

Here's something I came across; it's a global REIT that actually looks attractive...

https://globalreit.io/

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Run away from crypto this year(sell) and come back probably end of next year. It sure looks like we will see BTC at least bellow 4k$ soonish. If i have to predict next 10 days we got now up few days probably till 78xx than massive dump to probably 66xx from which we bounce 200-300 few days stay 6,7xx-6,9xx range etc. Anyway i am 99% sure BTC wont see 10k$ in 2018.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave slikec 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, could you walk me through one of your arb trades?
    Give me an example of the exchanges and wallets you are most comfortable with. I was asking what posters liked to use most before and see a few examples since then from the thread but I was curious as to the routes you like your cryptos to take, from favorite exchanges to wallets.
    I plan to put some more money in and may be looking to increase my outs.
    Thank you in advance.
    Follow a lot of crypto- and fintech-related twitter handles, so that you get a lot of varying news. When something news-worthy regarding an altcoin hits, jump on coinmarketcap, find the coin, go to the Markets tab, and look for big discrepancies between pairs on varying exchanges. Clean up.

I'm looking at one right now that I can buy for $1.78 and sell for $2.00. Buy $1,000 worth, and cash out $220, minus your fees.

I use the standard blockchain.info wallet for day to day. Ledger for safekeeping. I have accounts at many exchanges. Just pass the KYC, do your trades. I keep funded at many exchanges, to take advantage of the trades. I transfer back to my wallet once profit reaches a certain level, leaving enough in the exchange to do more arbs.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, the key is to be funded and have plenty up there to be ready to move.

I appreciate it Chili, I'll just branch out to many exchanges and get positioned.

Coinmarketcap is a key bookmark. I just now adding CEX.io.

Has anyone heard of any hacks or security issues that have affected the clearing house system associated bank accounts or have most of those issues stopped at the exchanges themselves, or an occasional wallet?

Just curious as to how exposed I should be leaving a bank account that's used for KYC.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Talk to me Archie.

I'm seriously thinking about opening every out possible. Why not? Cryptos aren't going away anytime soon.

chilidog

It's guaranteed money. Blows my mind when people say that cryptos are dead. Maybe they're fud'ing? People are getting quite wealthy right now, if you have just a little bit of business sense and math on your side. It's the greatest business ever. The problem is that people are buying and hoping it's going to skyrocket again. And when it dropped, they're crying. Money is made in the dips. If you're not buying BTC right now, you're dumb. If you're not taking advantage of these guaranteed arbs, you're dumb. It's a no-brainer. You can do it over and over again. Day in, day out.

Yeah, the key is to be funded and have plenty up there to be ready to move.

I appreciate it Chili, I'll just branch out to many exchanges and get positioned.

Coinmarketcap is a key bookmark. I just now adding CEX.io.

Has anyone heard of any hacks or security issues that have affected the clearing house system associated bank accounts or have most of those issues stopped at the exchanges themselves, or an occasional wallet?

Just curious as to how exposed I should be leaving a bank account that's used for KYC.

slikec

I wrote what i did cause maybe ill save 1 or two some money and thats great. But what walks like a duck, quack like a duck, looks like a duck is bull maybe? I long term still hope cripto will get to ATHs(i would love to get rich also) but that only future will tell. What market sentiment and more importantly history(of other bubbles) tells us is what we are actually seeing- lower highs and lower lows.

Just ask yourself about money you have in cripto atm what would you hate more in next 3months! Losing 50% of current investment by not selling or if you sell and market goes up losing 50% gains? And chances of losing are much much higher than going up.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Nothing wrong some with some common sense slikec.

So, for everyone, when is Amazon going to start taking cryptos? Will it be ETH?

Or another? I would think news like that would start to change the landscape once again, giving blockchain more mainstream legitimacy.

It would be welcome news, yes?

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19215

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post
    I wrote what i did cause maybe ill save 1 or two some money and thats great. But what walks like a duck, quack like a duck, looks like a duck is bull maybe? I long term still hope cripto will get to ATHs(i would love to get rich also) but that only future will tell. What market sentiment and more importantly history(of other bubbles) tells us is what we are actually seeing- lower highs and lower lows.

Just ask yourself about money you have in cripto atm what would you hate more in next 3months! Losing 50% of current investment by not selling or if you sell and market goes up losing 50% gains? And chances of losing are much much higher than going up.
    Well, that's all kind of short term thinking. Lower highs and higher lows are only for the last few months.

Two years ago, bitcoin was going for $550. Last year at this time, bitcoin was going for $2100. Bitcoin is currently at $7400 and some people are crying. Although it's not anywhere December highs, tripling your money every year is a pretty good investment.

I read a comment from a Bitcoin OG the other day - He described it as long, very boring periods (imagine waiting out 2014-2016) until one day, the manipulation fails, the public comes rushing in and then come the ATHs (all time highs). I have no idea when that will happen next, but this time, I'll have some stake in the game when it does. Not worried about popping bubbles or tulips. Bitcoin has died 299 times. It is, as they say, "anti-fragile".

So, I'm firmly in the HODLer camp. I'd love to set a certain percentage of my investment aside for some swing trading but I'm becoming more aware of the tax rules, specifically crypto to crypto taxation. I think it is stupid rule and the IRS being at their ultra-greedy best. I have no problem with a cash-out tax. But taxing crypto to crypto trades brings a mountain of paperwork and inherently discourages day trading and swing trading (which is probably exactly what the mf'ers want). Good luck to those that do - I'm gonna stick to hodling and try to keep the paperwork down....

slikec

Or another? I would think news like that would start to change the landscape once again, giving blockchain more mainstream legitimacy.

Like i said ill come back holding long term but as it looks will be next year. For now i am in fiat or small portion shorting.

chilidog

scared money don't make money
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sandos139

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    So, I'm firmly in the HODLer camp. I'd love to set a certain percentage of my investment aside for some swing trading but I'm becoming more aware of the tax rules, specifically crypto to crypto taxation. I think it is stupid rule and the IRS being at their ultra-greedy best. I have no problem with a cash-out tax. But taxing crypto to crypto trades brings a mountain of paperwork and inherently discourages day trading and swing trading (which is probably exactly what the mf'ers want). Good luck to those that do - I'm gonna stick to hodling and try to keep the paperwork down....
    This is precisely why I'm not day trading at the moment. I'd love to put together a mathematical system to aid in doing this. But unless I come up with an automated system of record keeping, I'll be on the sidelines for a while.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post
    This is precisely why I'm not day trading at the moment. I'd love to put together a mathematical system to aid in doing this. But unless I come up with an automated system of record keeping, I'll be on the sidelines for a while.
    why don't you just trade in an offshore exchange like binance, and report what you bring back to gemini/gdax/coinbase? IRS still gets their cut, and way easier reporting for you.

lotuspod
    lotuspod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4023

Positive news coming out of S. Korea today regarding crypto and even potentially going as far as lifting the ban on ICOs, but it's still only a proposal at this point.

slikec

My plan is now watching and looking for good entry to go short again probably next week- all depends how markets moves. But ill warn you guys again we are in bear market from huge bubble- BTC did over x20 in year and insane number of alts went x100+. Just pick any 10 other bubbles and you will see we have to go much lower still.

lotuspod

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post
    My plan is now watching and looking for good entry to go short again probably next week- all depends how markets moves. But ill warn you guys again we are in bear market from huge bubble- BTC did over x20 in year and insane number of alts went x100+. Just pick any 10 other bubbles and you will see we have to go much lower still.
    x20? We're currently sitting slightly above 3x since this time last year(2200-2400 then). Even seeing sub-6000 is nowhere near a given, let alone sub-5k/4k. Given the potential upside I'm really not sure if it's worth the risk and effort to try and pick up pennies in front of an approaching steamroller.

With that said, I really doubt we see ATHs for btc anytime soon though. But even a few months of sideways btc certainly isn't bad for solid alts so opportunities will still be there.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Wrong post. Sry

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Come on , Opti. Censor this guy. Good discussion going on in here and Archie is mad he can't keep up.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

It will be Ripple (XRP), that amazon will partner with. XRP uses ETH blockchain.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 863

Quote Originally Posted by lotuspod View Post
    x20? We're currently sitting slightly above 3x since this time last year(2200-2400 then). Even seeing sub-6000 is nowhere near a given, let alone sub-5k/4k. Given the potential upside I'm really not sure if it's worth the risk and effort to try and pick up pennies in front of an approaching steamroller.

With that said, I really doubt we see ATHs for btc anytime soon though. But even a few months of sideways btc certainly isn't bad for solid alts so opportunities will still be there.
    So you're saying you forecast a large increase in the near future?

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15373

Quote Originally Posted by Ebumdude View Post
    It will be Ripple (XRP), that amazon will partner with. XRP uses ETH blockchain.
    XRP and ETH use separate technologies. XRP isn't built on the ETH platform. Hopefully, the price of both will start rising. A lot of room for both.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 05-30-18 at 02:56 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Ebumdude gave raiders72001 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lotuspod

Bittrex is adding fiat USD, and also a token similar to Tether called TrueUSD. This should be interesting...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-with-dollars

slikec

BTC did over x20 in 2017 in 2018 we are clearly going down. Well nothing is certain but i suggest you check at least 20 bubble graphs and youll be intrigued to check 50 more and youll see clear pattern that also so far BTC followed. Ill rather trade following the history that repeated time and time again and be wrong than hope this time is different. Also ofc. eventually i will reduce risks shorting and eventually buy to hold for awhile.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8490

a couple optomistic BTC prediction vids --> https://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...-bitcoin-value

mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

what comes down must go up. if it ain't going away it must go up

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    XRP and ETH use separate technologies. XRP isn't built on the ETH platform. Hopefully, the price of both will start rising. A lot of room for both.
    I thought it might be XRP for a place like Amazon as well.

I like both XRP and ETH, always have, but there are so many anymore.

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

I thought it might be XRP for a place like Amazon as well.

I like both XRP and ETH, always have, but there are so many anymore.
    Treat the others as penny stocks unless you have a good kickstart of a few thousand to invest. All these alt coins are just like penny stocks. Some will only fluctuate a few pennies either direction, while very very very few will eventually skyrocket like BTC.

There are only a few long run players that are strong enough to thwart many alt coins until something bigger and better will come along (which won’t be for several years).

-BTC
    -ETH
    -XRP
    -Litecoin

Are just a few of the strong players that you have a shot in making money in for now. Buy low. Sell high. Hold when you think you need to.

Amazon partnering with xrp is going to be pretty big. At least that is what we are hoping for.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Treat the others as penny stocks unless you have a good kickstart of a few thousand to invest. All these alt coins are just like penny stocks. Some will only fluctuate a few pennies either direction, while very very very few will eventually skyrocket like BTC.

There are only a few long run players that are strong enough to thwart many alt coins until something bigger and better will come along (which won’t be for several years).

-BTC
    -ETH
    -XRP
    -Litecoin

Are just a few of the strong players that you have a shot in making money in for now. Buy low. Sell high. Hold when you think you need to.

Amazon partnering with xrp is going to be pretty big. At least that is what we are hoping for.
    Well said, everyone should pay heed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pdb80808

First ... 198199200201202203204 ... Last