Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

LTA, I know you have a busy morning bro, would like any input you have on the following games (providing you have capped them):

Teasing:

Rutgers to 7 1/2 vs. Syracuse
    Temple to -2 vs. Toledo
    E. Mich to -2 1/2 vs. Akron
    Arkansas to 8 1/2 vs. Texas A&M
    U.L. Laffayette to - 2 1/2 vs. Florida Atlantic

Again, don't bother if you haven't capped any of them, not trying to give you more work here

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    GL BigD, Congrats on the Cards getting in.

yea that was crazy. id be lying if i said i didnt give up on them in mid-aug, coincidentally about the same time i stopped betting bases ...did get me a little cash fading braves and playing cards the last 2 weeks so that was nice, unfortunately the dream will probably end sooner than later, of coarse it all about getting in as anything can happen in the playoffs and we do actually matchup as decently as anyone with phi.

I was with you guys on that tex/tb under yesterday, didnt know you all were on it till after i got home from work but that was shitty, who would have thought it be Wilson to screw us?

Hope you guys kill it while im slaving away at work for yet another Saturday (that shit gonna have to end pretty soon!!)

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red i teased Temple as well, put them with Utah. i played a ton of tesers today. usually hate these things but just seemed like a teaser type of day.

Redscot

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    Red i teased Temple as well, put them with Utah. i played a ton of tesers today. usually hate these things but just seemed like a teaser type of day.
    Thanks for the input BigD.

Been experimenting with these "Wong" teasers in both Pro and College this year. Am up overall thus far, but betting them small as I get a feel for them.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

LTA, I know you have a busy morning bro, would like any input you have on the following games (providing you have capped them):

Teasing:

Rutgers to 7 1/2 vs. Syracuse
    Temple to -2 vs. Toledo
    E. Mich to -2 1/2 vs. Akron
    Arkansas to 8 1/2 vs. Texas A&M
    U.L. Laffayette to - 2 1/2 vs. Florida Atlantic

Again, don't bother if you haven't capped any of them, not trying to give you more work here
    Good luck...three of those are on the list for this morning, so I will reserve judgment. I like the total in Texas AM and Ark a bit more than the side. I also have the tiniest of leans to AM. However, I think it should be a close game decided in the 7 point range. Therefore, you should be ok in that one. The Rutgers tease looks good as well.

Hope you cash. Are you teasing them all together or just mix and matching 2 teamers?

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Brasco View Post
    I think u guys are wrong. The florida offense is much improved under weis. Brantley was never comfortable under meyers spread. But with this pro style offense, things are much smoother. Alabama hasnt quite been tested either, and with muschamp's calling the defense, i think florida's athletes can keep them in this one. Give me home field, a key # of +4, and the public on bama and i think we have the makings of an upset or atleast a cover by florida! Good luck gents.
    Good luck Donnie...I think you are overestimating Florida a tad, but we'll find out. Should be a good one

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    LT - Being a Nevada fan I know the WAC pretty well and I think Hawaii wins this straight-up and I'm on this as well...GL to us
    Let's get it MBP

Redscot

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Good luck...three of those are on the list for this morning, so I will reserve judgment. I like the total in Texas AM and Ark a bit more than the side. I also have the tiniest of leans to AM. However, I think it should be a close game decided in the 7 point range. Therefore, you should be ok in that one. The Rutgers tease looks good as well.

Hope you cash. Are you teasing them all together or just mix and matching 2 teamers?
    Edit: on the College games I use a 1/2 or even 1/4 unit due to the amount of plays created. Still testing it out...........also, if I can't find 8 games I really like, I usually just cut down to 5.

After further review I just do the 2 teamers each for a unit RR, and throw a small play on the whole group(lotto).....Also, (I am no math genius), to me it seems the best number of teams for these is 5 and 8. Where you could go 4-1 or 6-2 respectively and be ok. College presents the 8 team opportunities and I try to look for 5 in the pro's. In college I try to avoid the really high total games for the teasers as well as they tend to be more volatile and get out of the point spread range I am looking to exploit.
    Last edited by Redscot; 10-01-11 at 09:29 AM.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    on the trees and bama. actually teased NIU with Illini (not sure why i been teasing so much lately? very unlike me).....off to work, BOL LTA and friends
    Good luck bud...let's cash'em!

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Thanks LTA. I loved tailing you in MLB, and now starting to tail you in NCAAF. Thank you for all your hard work, and looking forward to a successful year.

Krazymojo
    Krazymojo's Avatar Become A Pro!

for some reason bodogo won t allow teasers for ncaaf

Redscot

Quote Originally Posted by Krazymojo View Post
    Don't use any offshores myself, but that sounds strange.....do they take teasers on NFL?

GarbageMan
    On the phone....
    GarbageMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 951

lta, can you just give me your opinion on this bet (6pt -110 teaser)

1.1-Oct-11Football/NCAA(Handicap)Akron vs Eastern Michigan (-2.5) for Game (-102) Pending
    2.1-Oct-11Football/NCAA(Handicap)Florida Atlantic vs UL Lafayette (-2.5) for Game (-105) Pending

not being a great knowledge on college football, i just wanted you to run the rule over this wong teaser...

cheers in advance bud

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Krazymojo View Post
    You gotta get a new book Mojo...BoDog blows.

Many books either don't offer or will juice the hell out of a two team 6pt teaser. If you can't get -110 or better on those teasers, they are really not profitable ventures anyway.

You should look into expanding your outlets. I highly recommend finding a local you can use. Otherwise, I believe you can open up a 5D account via Fed Ex deposit/withdrawal options. You should keep your Bodog account, but also get at least one other book with more wager options and better juice like 5D. Good luck.

Redscot

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post

1.1-Oct-11Football/NCAA(Handicap)Akron vs Eastern Michigan (-2.5) for Game (-102) Pending
    2.1-Oct-11Football/NCAA(Handicap)Florida Atlantic vs UL Lafayette (-2.5) for Game (-105) Pending

not being a great knowledge on college football, i just wanted you to run the rule over this wong teaser...

cheers in advance bud
    I am on that one too and also Wonging , Rutgers,Temple and Arkansas.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post

cheers in advance bud
    That's it bud...you fit the criteria for a Wong.

Remember..for a strict Wong Teaser, you need a dog of 1.5 to 2.5 or a favorite of 7.5 to 8.5, and the odds must be -110 or better. If you can't get -110 or better, your chances of profiting decrease.

Personally, I will break the rule and tease a dog +3 up to +9, because I win on the key numbers of 3 and 7. However, I won't tease a favorite of -9 down to -3.

Good luck Garbage!

Love The Action

I am on that one too and also Wonging , Rutgers,Temple and Arkansas.
    Are you blinding teasing all teams that fit the Wong criteria in both NFL and NCAAF?

Love The Action

Play #6

Nebraska/Wisconsin under (57) 1x (Locked)

I wanted 58 but I don't think it ever gets there as I expect some steam on the under relatively soon. Yes, the badgers have been scoring points all year, however, their opponents have been defensively challenged. In this case, they will be facing one of the more efficient defenses in the country. In fact, both defenses are ranked in the top 21 teams in S&P+ defensive efficiency rankings. I have this game below the key number of 55 at 51, so I view 57 as a gift so I'm rolling with the under for 1x. Good luck.
    Line dropped to 55 just like I thought it would. Let's just hope no one is looking for the buy back and we close in that range.

Redscot

Are you blinding teasing all teams that fit the Wong criteria in both NFL and NCAAF?
    Yes I am LTA. Since I don't cap College it keeps me interested apart from tailing you. As far as the NFL many times my local is not hip to keeping the line out of the Wong range like the major books do. Last week was my only rough week in NFL but I got saved my getting both sides of the Miami/Clev game at 1 1/2 after the Hillis inj. announced. The Raiders also dropped to 2 1/2 last week before game and gave me an added winder.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

BOL, LTA. we have a lot of the same games (TT/KU over, Stanford, NIU, Baylor/K State over, Hawaii/LT over, Navy, Bama). i like that.

Gambleanonymous1
    Gambleanonymous1's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks lta

Love The Action

Yes I am LTA. Since I don't cap College it keeps me interested apart from tailing you. As far as the NFL many times my local is not hip to keeping the line out of the Wong range like the major books do. Last week was my only rough week in NFL but I got saved my getting both sides of the Miami/Clev game at 1 1/2 after the Hillis inj. announced. The Raiders also dropped to 2 1/2 last week before game and gave me an added winder.
    So how do you decide which one's to couple together. For example, so there are ten games that fit the wong criteria. Do you play game #1, with games 2,3,4,5,6,7,9,9 and 10? So and so forth until each eligible play has been paired with every single other eligible play?

I'm asking because I find it interesting. How many teasers a week is that...like 40?

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    BOL, LTA. we have a lot of the same games (TT/KU over, Stanford, NIU, Baylor/K State over, Hawaii/LT over, Navy, Bama). i like that.
    Nice! Let's cash these tickets Biff!

Trivial
    Trivial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3472

What happened to Navy today?

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    What happened to Navy today?
    Not sure Triv...it's like their defense has never seen the option before. They are not playing well on either side of the ball though and now they just missed a FG. I misread the movement on that one. It ended up dropping back down to 3 and I didn't need to pay the -120. Not a good play in hindsight win or lose.

With that said, these academy games can be crazy and generally end up being close at the end. Let's see if Navy can come back a little. I hope so anyway.

At least the TT/Kansas game is going according to plan. Good luck

Trivial
    Trivial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3472

Thanks LTA. Nice explanation. Can't get em all.

Donnie Brasco
    Donnie Brasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

Pardon my ignorance, but what is WONGing?

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Brasco View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is WONGing?
    Google Wong Teaser

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

wish they were all as easy as the TT/KU over.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    wish they were all as easy as the TT/KU over.
    I hear ya...

I'm looking hard at South Carolina and the over. Thoughts?

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Thinking SC rolls...Offense finally clicks today against that pathetic Auburn D

investing4us
    investing4us's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8050

auburn vs south carolina over 59

Love The Action

NCAAF 2011 Week 5

Play #1

Michigan State (+3.5) 1x (Locked)

I have to roll with Sparty in this Big Ten matchup. Now that some of the advanced stats are starting to take shape, it's pretty clear Michigan State is turning out to be the better team. Offensively, Michigan State is the better team with S&P+ offensive rankings which better Ohio State considerably. On the other side of the ball, both teams are comparable with Ohio State a little better S&P+ defensive ratings overall, but Michigan state bettering Ohio State in rushing S&P and passing S&P. As far as conventional stats, Michigan State as the better scoring offensive and scoring defense, the better rushing offense and defense and the number one passing defense to go with a much higher ranked passing offense. Finally, these important Big Ten games often come down to quarterback and I will take the experience of Cousins over the inexperience of the Ohio State QB rotation, especially Miller who will be starting now. Everything points to to Michigan State with an outright win, but I will take the 3.5 since I can get it. I suspect this one won't be above 3 at close. I'm rolling with the Michigan State. Good luck.

Play #2

Pittsburgh (+3) 1x (Locked)

I originally leaned to south florida, but the more I looked at this matchup, the more I viewed these two teams as equals. I have this game as pick, so I will gladly take the points at home.

Play #3

Stanford (-20.5) 1x (Locked)

In the Stanford game, I expect the cardinals to roll. No need for a writeup, as the cardinal is superior in all three phases and should win this by at least 28 points. Good luck.

Play #4

Northern IL (-8.5) 1x (Locked)

No time for writeup, but I expect the dominant huskie offense to roll. I set the huskies as -13 faves, so I see quite a bit of value here in spite of their weak d. Good luck.

Play #5

Texas Tech/Kansas over (66) 1x (Locked)

I was torn on whether to take this one because I have it 69, howeve, once 66 became available I had to jump on it considering most books have 66.5 or 67. Good luck.

Play #6

Nebraska/Wisconsin under (57) 1x (Locked)

I wanted 58 but I don't think it ever gets there as I expect some steam on the under relatively soon. Yes, the badgers have been scoring points all year, however, their opponents have been defensively challenged. In this case, they will be facing one of the more efficient defenses in the country. In fact, both defenses are ranked in the top 21 teams in S&P+ defensive efficiency rankings. I have this game below the key number of 55 at 51, so I view 57 as a gift so I'm rolling with the under for 1x. Good luck.

Play #7

Alabama (-4) 1x (Locked)

Play #8

Navy (-3)(-120) 1x (Locked)

Play #9

Hawaii/LT over (60) 1x (Locked)

Play #10

Baylor/Kstate over (64) 1x (Locked)
    Play #11

Georgia Tech (-10) 0.50x (Locked)

Play #12

Auburn/South Carolina over (59) 0.50x (Locked)

I was late getting to these games, so I will only play them for half unit. Good luck.

Love The Action

I'm out for the night to my buddies wedding...if I lock anything else in, I will post it from my phone. Good luck to everyone tonight.

Redscot

So how do you decide which one's to couple together. For example, so there are ten games that fit the wong criteria. Do you play game #1, with games 2,3,4,5,6,7,9,9 and 10? So and so forth until each eligible play has been paired with every single other eligible play?

I'm asking because I find it interesting. How many teasers a week is that...like 40?
    Yes, all paired in 2's. Today I had the 5 listed above and brought it to 8 with Army, Hawaii and Texas Tech. 28 teasers in total played at a 1/4 unit each. Break even point is more or less 6-2 (slightly positive)in the games played.

First ... 2345678 ... Last