Yezzir
    Yezzir's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kuzy rolling, should have tailed. Go with gut feeling next time.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sveta spankin' Vera's ass ... something I wouldn't mind doing.

Alright, made my decision.

ATP Sydney: Stosur-Schiavone Under 20.5 [-105]
    Gut feeling is that Stosur is either coming out to crush Schiavone or she's going to be as inept as she was against Benesova and it'll be a quick one and done.
    Points Awarded:

takzilla gave EaglesPhan36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EaglesPhan36

Well Schiavone as a dog would have been a nice casher, but the under hits too. And thus I head to sleep.

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Well Schiavone as a dog would have been a nice casher, but the under hits too. And thus I head to sleep.
    Nice call. Reading your write up, and having minimal knowledge of both players(having watched them play)... you made me want to take Schiavone too =p. Wish I did, but good call on the under

EaglesPhan36

The Elbow: 12-13-2 [-2.52]

Yezzir

Ebden and Schiavone came through for me.. plus a random 3 player parlay for the sh1ts that I really wasn't that confident in.

Thomaz Bellucci @ 3/10
    Jarkko Nieminen @ 2/11
    Denis Istomin @ 1/4
    Trebles, 1 bet *
    Istomin is fade material next round after that though.

Yezzir

I really like Chekvatadze in that spot tonight. Pironkova was average and lucky in her win against a young Heather Watson.

EaglesPhan36

January 8th

WTA Hobart: Jones [-112]
    The transformed Aussie is on the main draw here under her new flag after switching allegiances from New Zealand. Seems to be agreeing with her so far as she cruised through qualis. She faces Barrois who makes it in as a Lucky Loser. Jones has been competitive so far this season as she's moved up off the ITF level to start the season. Barrois is a crafty vet, but this is not her favorite surface and it looks like there is some energy for Jones under her new flag.

Yezzir

January 8th

WTA Hobart: Jones [-112]
    The transformed Aussie is on the main draw here under her new flag after switching allegiances from New Zealand. Seems to be agreeing with her so far as she cruised through qualis. She faces Barrois who makes it in as a Lucky Loser. Jones has been competitive so far this season as she's moved up off the ITF level to start the season. Barrois is a crafty vet, but this is not her favorite surface and it looks like there is some energy for Jones under her new flag.
    Like her in that spot.. also like Hradecka at that price.

Yezzir

Those 2 done as singles.

Also a little parlay.

Chekvatadze/Kuznetsova (+115)

Tempted to chuck Anderson in it.. will decide soon.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Didnt Anderson withdraw from Brisbane? The price on him is fishy as hell.

Yezzir

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    Yep, exactly why i've stayed away.. it's dodgy enough having 2 Russian females in a parlay.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Yeah anderson price seems a bit off and thats taking into account he hasn't played since Paris, and Mannarino has been rolling through quals, albeit against scrubs.

No play regardless.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    Yea this one looks weird, I'm gonna stay away because I got no idea where Anderson is right now with his game. It'll be interesting to see him play though, hope he does well

EaglesPhan36

Parlay: Baghdatis + Radwanska [+105]

Yezzir

Wrong day to bet Kuzy.. She's on the payroll for this one.

Yezzir

She just retired.. what a lucky break that is. All down to Chek.

I don't think i'll ever bet on Kuz again, this is the 5th time, and each time i've been on the 'wrong side'

EaglesPhan36

I had a funny feeling about her today. I would have tried to go against her, but just stayed away.

EaglesPhan36

Gullability check.

ATP Auckland: Querrey [-115]
    It's Harrison and Querrey. American vs. American. The Samurai was poor against Hanescu, while Harrison acquitted himself well in a straight sets loss to Baghdatis. So why Querrey here? Hunchzilla. He's talked a good game about coming into this tournament aggressive after receiving a late wildcard into a tournament he had great success at two years ago. Deja Vu or Deja Puke? Time will tell. Querrey needs to get going soon or his confidence is going to suffer this year and he may not be able to rebound from last year's injury ravaged season. He will need to get his 1st serve in well today to have a chance. This figures to come down to key points, perhaps tie breaks. Neither is great at breakers, but Sam I am and later - I will regret this choice?

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

How could you back Querrey against anyone I have no idea....hope he comes through for you, but don't hold your breath!

EaglesPhan36

How could you back Tebow? Just believe.

My gut has been good today even for the ones I skipped, so this will either be glorious or miserable. Odds are miserable.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-09-12 at 09:31 PM.

EaglesPhan36

I am gullable. Querrey was terrible, but not nearly consistent enough. Still very bad on 2nd serve. Lesson learned as usual.

EaglesPhan36

Late add ...

Dokic-Bartoli Under 19 [-125]

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

EP, i love fading Hewitt these days, does he have any chance against Troicki at all?

Big juice but should be even more if you ask me.

GroundnPound
    Winning
    GroundnPound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I love fading Hewitt too, playing at home and still underdog after all his accomplished in his career. Troicki should win...

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Just got home from work and seeing the scores now.

I'm surprised Hewitt managed to win the 1st set! That would have scared the shit out of me if I was watching that live. Come on Troicki, one more game, get this done!

EP, keep up the great work! Your off to a really solid start to '12!

Yezzir

Late add ...

Dokic-Bartoli Under 19 [-125]
    Gutted I missed this!

EaglesPhan36

I was going to play Hewitt-Troicki over 22 figuring Hewitt could gut a set out, but decided to pass. His toe injury is always a concern, but you won't find a guttier son of a bitch on tour.

EaglesPhan36

Except for the Querrey pick, not bad. 3-1 for Monday. Above .500 and always back to even.

The Elbow: 15-14-2 [-0.62]

Yezzir

Chek hit easily.. gutted I didn't pull the trigger on Fognini, was going to at those odds but bottled it.

EaglesPhan36

Aussie Open qualis start today.

BobW
    BobW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

I am thinking about De Bakker vs Brown but I don't know how good Brown is at the moment. Do you have some ideas about this match?

EaglesPhan36

ATP Sydney: Benneteau -125
    Locking this one in early because the line may or may not drift. Benneteau has matched well with the Flodonis throughout their careers, holding a 3-1 edge. Lopez will serve big and stick around here, but he's lost his last six matches in this tournament and this is his first-up. Generally, he is not a quick starter in Australia prior to the Australian Open where he is still hit or miss. Benneteau has the match play already under his belt and had his serve working against Seppi, a large improvement from where it was against Tomic the week before. Expect big serving here. If Benneteau can start fast, he should be able to survive.

[Now using this as part of a parlay]
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-10-12 at 03:56 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by BobW View Post
    I am thinking about De Bakker vs Brown but I don't know how good Brown is at the moment. Do you have some ideas about this match?
    Probably trust de Bakker more, but they might not get a ton of tennis in ... lots of rain forecast I think. Watch for temps, de Bakker always scares me some if the weather is hot and fitness comes into play.

EaglesPhan36

Parlay: Stepanek + Benneteau [+178]
    Going to use this in place of going straight with Benneteau. Two guys here with solid head-2-heads against their opponents. Stepanek up against Nieminen. Nieminen has been solid through qualis here, but as far as the surface - the indoor hard courts are where he does more damage. Steps also just beat him in Brisbane in straights. Expecting a battle like we saw in their opening set, a tie break to the Czech, but I think his all-court game is better here. Benneteau up against the almighty "Flodonis" Feliciano Lopez. As outlined above, good spot for Benny I think again with Lopez in his first-up and not showing much in this tournament in the past five tries.

ATP Auckland: Kohlschreiber -120
    Maybe it's in my blood to against Ryan Harrison a lot, who knows. Harrison certainly has the talent, but I'm just not sold on his consistency from match-2-match. Kohlschreiber had to work hard to beat Bohli yesterday and will need some improvement getting his 1st serve in for a higher percentage. Tough to gauge Harrison against Querrey. He did what he need to, but Sam still looks out of sorts. Harrison did not show a huge serve against him though like he did in his loss to Baghdatis last week. Kohly seems to love this tournament, 23-6 all-time and seeking a 6th straight QF appearance in Auckland.

WTA Sydney: Azarenka-Bartoli Over 20 [-125]
    Azarenka leads the head-2-head here 7-2, but most of their clashes have been competitive. Bartoli has played some dominant tennis early in 2012 except for the last set in her loss to Kvitova. That match may help her here though with Azarenka really yet to be tested, while Bartoli will have that tough clash in her back pocket. Their last meeting on an indoor court was a three set grinder and I think that could be in order again today.

First ... 2345678 ... Last