EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP36's Tennis Elbow

This thread shall be a place from which I post picks, talk about tennis and listen to others whine and moan about tennis betting. YES! Flex that elbow joint and get rollin' f*ckos.

Tennis elbow is inflammation, soreness, or pain on the outside (lateral) side of the upper arm near the elbow. When making wagers related to tennis, this pain extends into the brain.

Shall be treading light early with a few spot plays here and there as I see fit. So I guess this is my first "official" play of 2012. Zoiks!

ATP Chennai: Pospisil [-165]
    Pospisil draws Andreas Beck to open in the main draw. Pospisil has the advantage of rolling three matches in qualis here. I was surprised to learn how little Beck has played on outdoor hard courts in his career. He's certainly not without chances as he showed in the Challenger tour finals last season, but I think he seems more comfortable on clay or in a controlled indoor environment. With no match play under his belt, I'll lay the chalk here and feel the throb immediately in my elbow.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CzechRaise

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

All the best for 2012.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Good luck this year EP! I agree re Beck, no match play should lead to a win here for Pospisil.

But..this is tennis!

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

did u see the clijsters/ivanovic match
    she took the heart rite out of her chest at the end
    ivanovic looked like she wanted to cry

EaglesPhan36

She is still a total basket case. Pisser is already making my elbow hurt, dropped the 1st set. Losing w/chalk will be a nice way to usher in 2012.

EaglesPhan36

ATP Doha: Kohlschreiber +5 [-120]
    Even when Rafa was close to his best and at full health, Kohlschreiber usually gave him a tough set or two on hard courts before ultimately folding. With what I saw from Rafa against Ferrer, he did not look 100%. Looked much better vs. Federer, but Fed looked asleep last week so who knows exactly where is at right now. +5 here if Kohlschreiber isn't asleep at the wheel seems like a shot.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-03-12 at 07:34 AM.

EaglesPhan36

Damn it. I was really hoping Nadal would take this tie break and finish Kohly here for a nice cover. Now he's got to hold for three games in the 3rd set just to push. Kohly's been so up and down in this one, he could win or get steamrolled in the 3rd. Now I gotta go sweat balls.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Was just about to post what you said. Good luck, I think he will get it done.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Its still a good pick but why didn't you choose the over instead of the handicap? doesn't it reward you more when you think Kohlschreiber will keep it close, i mean without the offchance of Kohlschreiber cruising in straight sets

EaglesPhan36

Don't recall what the total was, but if it was more than 19 - no, I would not have gone with it. Five games is a lot that doesn't equate to an over depending on the number. If you look at the body of work in this match, Nadal could have beaten him handily in straights or vice versa. Kohlschreiber really should have won the 2nd set with a lot more space, but gave his breaks back.

Anywho, gladly took the push as it felt like for a while in the 3rd that he was determined to get pounded. The roller coaster of tennis betting, how I loathe thee!

EaglesPhan36

Taking a couple shots tonight in Brisbane.

ATP Brisbane
    Simon-Duckworth Under 19.5 [-120]
    First time for the teen to play the Vanilla Fella. Simon's game is simple and predicated on making your opponent extend himself in rallies until he makes mistakes. As a young player, that's something they usually are not equipped with the 1st time through against this sort of opponent. Duckworth was okay in his opener against a pathetic Mahut. Simon whipped Sweeting in 19 games and if he serves well here, I'm expecting something similar.

Haas [-130]
    One of my favorite guys in tennis and he looks healthy to start 2012 off. Istomin is one of those guys who will drive you ape shit with his inconsistency. He can come out one match and stick with any Top 10 player and then next, get whipped in straights without barely putting up a fight. His opener leaves me with some concern as he had to work hard to put away an obviously wounded Florian Mayer. Serve will be the key here. Haas needs to shore his up a little, while Istomin should find Haas a little more challenging than Mayer who could not move very well to keep up with Istomin's serve that was not broken.

JNic

Simon will def cash that under for you, GL

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Simon shitting the bed as usual.

JNic

Yea also Haas is out btw, only one more chance for Simon to break. I thought he had the under in the bag

EaglesPhan36

Usual tennis betting eh? Guy could have won the opening set 6-1 and obviously had a break lead in the 2nd. Feels good to get raped again.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-03-12 at 08:02 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Typical. Gets the break back one game too late.

EaglesPhan36

In place of the Haas pick which is probably a good thing since the mook was injured ...

ATP Brisbane
    Giraldo +100

EaglesPhan36

ATP Brisbane: Ito-Tomic Over 21.5 [-125]
    Three different meetings in the past 14 months on three surfaces with all eclipsing this total. Tomic is inconsistent enough to drop a set here. Ito looks real comfortable on these courts and should have a shot to compete if he keeps his serve tight.

EaglesPhan36

Wow brilliant no show Ito. At least Giraldo got me on the board with a damn win. Let's see what misery I can find this morning ...

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm honestly considering just fadiing myself in tennis god damn it can be brutal.

EaglesPhan36

It takes a special breed of masochist to bet tennis my friend.

EaglesPhan36

ATP Doha: Cipolla-Tsonga Over 19.5 [-135]
    Chalk probably eats me again here, but Tsonga was content to work just holding his serve the 1st two sets against Jaziri yesterday. It may have also had something to do with the conditions as Tsonga said the wind bothered him some. Expected to be windy again today. Cipolla double bageled a local in his 1st rounder. He's not the best on this surface, but he has had moments where he competes well with top tier players. Tsonga might destroy him, but one tight set of 7-5 or a tie break and this will be done easily. Here's hoping Tsonga sleeps through this.

EaglesPhan36

ATP Doha: Youzhny -135
    This is your prototypical battle. The big server, Ivo Karlovic. The solid returner, Mikhail Youzhny. The Russian got a little bit of practice for this yesterday against the big serve of Gulbis, but will obviously face an ever bigger test today. For me, this one all comes down to what percentage Dr.Ivo gets in for his 1st serve. When he's pumping in a high % of 1st serves, he's impossible to beat in anything but a tie break. As Youzhny showed, he can jump on those 2nd serves as he won 51% of the points off Gulbis' second yesterday. Youzhny would do well to improve his own serve some, but likely doesn't have to be perfect with Karlovic not possessing a great return game. Youzhny by the way is also now a "Doctor" as well, getting a PHD in the off-season in philosophy. My philosophy here, go Russian and hope for the best.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

DO NOT EVER go against the "Doctor" my friend..he will give you a case of Elbow...Good luck man..!

EaglesPhan36

I'll take the PHD over the fake Doctor who got his license from Brad Gilbert

See if Cipolla can win one measly game in the 2nd set to cash that over.
    Points Awarded:

iceman8847 gave EaglesPhan36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EaglesPhan36

Cash that over. Yee haw.

Yezzir
    Yezzir's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tailed you on the over and Youzhny.. Looking good for a clean sweep

Edit - I hope I haven't jinxed this.
    Last edited by Yezzir; 01-04-12 at 09:34 AM.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Ivo took a shit..

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Yup....Karlovic dropped a disgusting Crotian duece!

EaglesPhan36

The Elbow: 3-3-1 [-1.15]

At least headed in the right direction after a shit start. Unfortunately the losses came on higher juiced shit, so in a small hole even though the record is even.

EaglesPhan36

Parlay: Pennetta + Melzer/Petzschner [+115]
    Pennetta draws Vesnina in Auckland. The surface favors her against the Russian. She showed solid improvement from her opening match and seems very comfortable on these courts with a 6-1 mark here the last two years. Vesnina isn't terrible, but her performance on outdoor hard courts in the past year is below .500. If Pennetta serves well, she should survive. Taking the doubles experience of Melzer-Petzschner over Baghdatis-Murray. Figuring both Baggy & the Scot are much more likely to worry about singles play and see the doubles side simply as fitness help and practice. That they play each other in the next round is interesting also, so you wonder if the motivation here might be more for rest than practice.

EaglesPhan36

ATP Brisbane
    Giraldo +188

Gotta go for it here. Giraldo beat him here last year and I think he is a better player now than he was then

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Your getting in the groove now EP, keep it up.

I like the Giraldo play. Good value.

EaglesPhan36

Yeah hopefully things start going positively. Pennetta won easy, so now just need the doubles to complete. Girlado-Simon should be starting here in the next half hour if Jankovic finishes off Schiavone.

EaglesPhan36

ATP Chennai: Darcis +3.5 [-112]
    No way I trust Almagro first-up in this situation against a fully capable guy like Darcis. Almagro is a guy I enjoy backing in Grand Slams on hard courts because I feel he is a little underrated on the surface - but in 2011, Nicky Mugs looked like a clay courter who didn't want much to do with the harder stuff. He could come out and start strong, but I'd much rather take a shot at Darcis keeping this close or potentially snagging the win.

ATP Brisbane: Stepanek -130
    Stepanek has made Brisbane a favorite stomping grounds over the years with a 14-2 mark on these courts. Dolgpolov is 6-2 and enjoys them as well. Not overly impressive tennis to me from Dolgopolov who seems to have an issue or two getting his 1st serve in consistently enough. I think the difference on Thursday comes in whomever gets that 1st serve in consistently. Stepanek scored a win over Dolgo here last year with a slightly better win % against his 2nd serve ... could be the difference again. Should be a fun one.

1234 ... Last