BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jnanayoga View Post
    I worked in the covid ICUs in April though June. This is not overblown.
    People can believe youtube conspiracy theorists or real life people that actually deal with this virus.

It's easy to blow smoke and talk non-sense on your couch but this is real life.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I cant wait to see what happens to covid 19 after the election
    November and December will be bad.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    She's a professional liar.

Notice no source given.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    She's a professional liar.

Notice no source given.
    Who the fuk is Sarah Hucklebee? LOL

Leftists getting emotional and jumping the gun to condemn people they don't like, as usual

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Who the fuk is Sarah Hucklebee? LOL

Leftists getting emotional and jumping the gun to condemn people they don't like, as usual
    lol I wasn't the one who posted it. She's a professional liar either way. Still true.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Yes the system was on the brink in new york because they put a bunch of covid patients in the same area as 80 to 100 year olds.

For 99% of society it is not an issue.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    thats not my position, nothing has been proven. so this came from bats or what, eating bats or what. I remember they used to say aids was from screwing a monkey of course decades later they then say that wasnt true. Ive noticed people have a great talent in forgetting what comes across their television, how convenient. I could post a document easily proving that its all a charade but I wont because it isnt necessary. I remember when someone posted the vid of the tanzania president who is a doctor showing how fraudulent this whole thing is, not one comment on it and everybody saw it, it just shows the hypocrisies of people. subconsciously there are a lot of people who see the shenanigans and dont believe in the lies told them but they will never admit it publicly because they know the reaction that is supposed to follow that and that is anger and action, but since they are terrified of what they consider to be gov't they remain quiet like little docile sheep.
    I wasn't responding to you but whenever I read what you write I find that again, you never really say anything. Do you have a position or not?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

young people died too

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    People can believe youtube conspiracy theorists or real life people that actually deal with this virus.

It's easy to blow smoke and talk non-sense on your couch but this is real life.
    Then respond to my multi-paragraph response, which is based on science, life, risk, and governance. I speak up at the hospital I work at daily as to the ridiculousness of several measures that people impose just to give the impression that what they are doing matters or is protecting people. Europe had harsher lockdowns and shutdowns and where did it get them? Now they have ruined their economies, many of these countries, and are still wishing they were Sweden, who is totally normal and without any issue or worry at all.

jnanayoga
    jnanayoga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Not an issue? What you mean to say is 99% don’t have to die. That would still leave 3.3 million Americans that do. That does not account for those with covid related strokes, the patients with long lasting cardiac or respiratory complications, or the patients that will not recover their sense of smell or taste. You should stop pretending that this affects 1% of the population. As much as you might want that to be the case, it simply isn’t.

I was working in DC. Here it was on the brink. In New York it was broken. Americans with respiratory symptoms and shortness of breath were told to go home and quarantine, many of whom decompensated rapidly and died in their homes. Drowned in their own lungs without even morphine or basic medical care. Then we have the president who has downplayed this since the start, who gets a positive test and a little congestion and is immediately flown to an ICU where he gets approval for monoclonal antibodies and top notch medical care. Then he has the audacity to come up with a plan in which he wants to tear open his shirt revealing a superman emblem once he is recovered. What a disgrace and an insult to the American people. I’m not even a democrat. Both sides of the aisle disgust me. There was another politician admitted to the ICU I worked on because of a “history of deteriorating rapidly”. He was sitting in his bed on room air, in no distress in the ICU. I was an embarrassed for the hospital.

Fear is sold by both sides of the aisle and the public eats it up. From some afghan cave dwelling jihadi on the right, to a black scary assault rifle on the left. I’m not for giving up liberties to fear, but this virus more than anything else in recent memory has real potential to do harm to the American public.

It seems odd to me that with something like 9/11 we talk about 2000 people like it’s greatest loss the county has ever seen but the same 2000 die from Covid in a single day, day after day, and half the country shrugs it off because 99% will be fine. Why don’t you all divide 2000/330 million and tell me what your risk of dying at the hands of jihadi is. Or take your assault rifle deaths and do the same.

To stackingreen. Bodies in the streets for most of America is hyperbole with where we stand now. Early in the year it was not at all outside the realm of possibility when this death rate was thought to be significantly higher at 4 or 5%, and was likely higher at that point in time. In a city with 27,000 people per square mile, you do the math. The Spanish flu had them piled up in the streets, coffins being reused as people were dumped in mass graves. Things would be worse now with our population living literally on top of one another. The thing is, it wouldn’t need to get to that point before the economy shuts down, mandate or not. All you need is to overwhelm the healthcare system because when grandma is being taken off the vent for the sake of a younger patient ( as we discussed and as happened in Italy) no one is going to work. I honestly think we were a couple of weeks of inaction away from getting to that point in few parts of the country. I’ve been in the ICU during normal times and during peak covid times. The healthcare being delivered during the crisis point of the later was nothing less than shameful for the richest country in the world considering we had months to prepare. If you all want to go there again, that's certainly an option. I'm done posting for another 6 years now. Best of luck America.

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by jnanayoga View Post
    Not an issue? What you mean to say is 99% don’t have to die. That would still leave 3.3 million Americans that do. That does not account for those with covid related strokes, the patients with long lasting cardiac or respiratory complications, or the patients that will not recover their sense of smell or taste. You should stop pretending that this affects 1% of the population. As much as you might want that to be the case, it simply isn’t.

I was working in DC. Here it was on the brink. In New York it was broken. Americans with respiratory symptoms and shortness of breath were told to go home and quarantine, many of whom decompensated rapidly and died in their homes. Drowned in their own lungs without even morphine or basic medical care. Then we have the president who has downplayed this since the start, who gets a positive test and a little congestion and is immediately flown to an ICU where he gets approval for monoclonal antibodies and top notch medical care. Then he has the audacity to come up with a plan in which he wants to tear open his shirt revealing a superman emblem once he is recovered. What a disgrace and an insult to the American people. I’m not even a democrat. Both sides of the aisle disgust me. There was another politician admitted to the ICU I worked on because of a “history of deteriorating rapidly”. He was sitting in his bed on room air, in no distress in the ICU. I was an embarrassed for the hospital.

Fear is sold by both sides of the aisle and the public eats it up. From some afghan cave dwelling jihadi on the right, to a black scary assault rifle on the left. I’m not for giving up liberties to fear, but this virus more than anything else in recent memory has real potential to do harm to the American public.

It seems odd to me that with something like 9/11 we talk about 2000 people like it’s greatest loss the county has ever seen but the same 2000 die from Covid in a single day, day after day, and half the country shrugs it off because 99% will be fine. Why don’t you all divide 2000/330 million and tell me what your risk of dying at the hands of jihadi is. Or take your assault rifle deaths and do the same.

To stackingreen. Bodies in the streets for most of America is hyperbole with where we stand now. Early in the year it was not at all outside the realm of possibility when this death rate was thought to be significantly higher at 4 or 5%, and was likely higher at that point in time. In a city with 27,000 people per square mile, you do the math. The Spanish flu had them piled up in the streets, coffins being reused as people were dumped in mass graves. Things would be worse now with our population living literally on top of one another. The thing is, it wouldn’t need to get to that point before the economy shuts down, mandate or not. All you need is to overwhelm the healthcare system because when grandma is being taken off the vent for the sake of a younger patient ( as we discussed and as happened in Italy) no one is going to work. I honestly think we were a couple of weeks of inaction away from getting to that point in few parts of the country. I’ve been in the ICU during normal times and during peak covid times. The healthcare being delivered during the crisis point of the later was nothing less than shameful for the richest country in the world considering we had months to prepare. If you all want to go there again, that's certainly an option. I'm done posting for another 6 years now. Best of luck America.
    I'm Canadian but sorry I think the numbers are a lie. They count every death as a covid death now, they want people to fear leaving their front door.

I will not be locking down or buying into this panic.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    thats not my position, nothing has been proven. so this came from bats or what, eating bats or what. I remember they used to say aids was from screwing a monkey of course decades later they then say that wasnt true. Ive noticed people have a great talent in forgetting what comes across their television, how convenient. I could post a document easily proving that its all a charade but I wont because it isnt necessary. I remember when someone posted the vid of the tanzania president who is a doctor showing how fraudulent this whole thing is, not one comment on it and everybody saw it, it just shows the hypocrisies of people. subconsciously there are a lot of people who see the shenanigans and dont believe in the lies told them but they will never admit it publicly because they know the reaction that is supposed to follow that and that is anger and action, but since they are terrified of what they consider to be gov't they remain quiet like little docile sheep.

I think I posted that video or an article link to it months ago. I just lol 10 minutes ago on a walk late and saw this guy in the middle of the night with windows up and mask over mouth in car. It's over. That guy won't take his mask off until a government authority tells him COVID is gone. There are many like him. I've pretty much given up explaining the scam anymore a long time ago. It's does remind me of that movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper in it. "They Live" or something? Certain people can see through all of this, and many will just always have blinders on forever. Certain people won't ever step out of their comfort zone and/or be able to see passed the curtain.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

It's hard to respond to hysteria. Something that barely causes symptoms in at least 99% of people is just not lethal, by definition.

If 90% confronted with the virus have absolutely no symptoms, it's hard to have a dialogue with someone about the real world if they think a "disease" - where absolutely nothing happens to nearly our entire population - requires major action. It's just stupid and a waste of time to continue with someone, when you can't even hope to have a conversation about resources, risks, tradeoffs, etc. which is the point of the conversation in the first place.

Outlaw driving, outlaw motorcyles, outlaw gay bars, if you are so worried about public health. These are all much more detrimental than covid to the population at large.

Unrivaled

What a sharp post. Complete overreaction.

Liberals are all starting to accept it as well.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post

You bump your own thread to call it sharp. 3.5M died. I wonder if you would have said this if 3.5M died in a terrorist attack?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

I was done with Covid after the numbers were out months ago that less then 1% die from it. Getting and beating it myself was just icing on the cake.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Liberals are accepting that the vaccines are working and if you're vaccinated you can basically go back to normal. And anyone who wants to be vaccinated now is. So time to go back to normal. The prior reaction was appropriate for the time.

Many countries that are not widely vaccinated are having big problems again.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I was done with Covid after the numbers were out months ago that less then 1% die from it. Getting and beating it myself was just icing on the cake.
    Icing on the cake is usually considered to be sweet and tasty. Getting covid the way you had it didn't really seem that sweet, with the fever and loss of taste and all. Glad I didn't get it and also survived and now am vaccinated.

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    You bump your own thread to call it sharp. 3.5M died. I wonder if you would have said this if 3.5M died in a terrorist attack?
    Deaths are overstated by about a factor of 10.

Cases are understated by about a factor of 100.

They are counting people dying of old age as Covid deaths.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Deaths are overstated by about a factor of 10.

Cases are understated by about a factor of 100.

They are counting people dying of old age as Covid deaths.
    You are bad at math.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29826

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    You are bad at math.
    Nope, many people had Covid and never knew it. Just as lethal as a cold for most.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Nope, many people had Covid and never knew it. Just as lethal as a cold for most.
    Yes, but not by a factor of 100. 33 million confirmed Americans had it. Times 100 would be 3.3 billion. See the problem? Probably a factor of 3 to 4. I'd guesstimate roughly 1/3 of Americans have had covid.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14733

Check the overall death rates in your cities, states, provinces, countries....theyre virtually unchanged.
    BUT the death rates from tuberculosis, Influenza, Heart disease & malaria have all gone down....like we cured them.

What other conclusion can you come to?
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave Jayvegas420 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Check the overall death rates in your cities, states, provinces, countries....theyre virtually unchanged.
    BUT the death rates from tuberculosis, Influenza, Heart disease & malaria have all gone down....like we cured them.

What is really going on here? What are in these vaccines?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post

That's just flat out untrue. The US excess death rate between April 2020 to March 2021 is unmistakable. Can't seem to past the chart, but you can see it at this link. Overall deaths typically follow a pretty predictable pattern with minimal variance. But the change starting April 2020 and then really peaking from December to February is clear as day. We had a whole lot more death because of covid. Not anymore though. I think we probably are not going to see the excess deaths going forward.

https://public.tableau.com/views/COV...viz_share_link
    Last edited by d2bets; 05-29-21 at 12:10 PM.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

China lied people died.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    China lied people died.
    Please go to India or Brazil.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    China lied then Trump lied then people died.
    Fixed it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Trump killed millions of his own people because he didn't want to listen to the scientists. He ended up killing the voters who could have kept him in power. Talk about shooting your own foot.

First 1234 Last