louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Any Android phone read/receipt text message experts?

I use Android phones.

I've always wondered if someone can tell whether I've read their text or not. Not a DM through an app. An actual text through the cell service.

I don't know if the service provider makes a difference, but I use ATT.

I always have the read/receipt turned off in my settings because I don't care whether or not someone read a text I sent, and/or when they read it.

If I have read/receipt turned off on my end, I assume the person that sent me a text can't tell if I read their text.

Plus, most texts I just swipe down from top screen to read the snippet of text and then swipe left to remove the little notification alert symbol.
    But when I do that, and never actually open text messaging to read the whole text(if it's longer than what i can see in the drop down snippet of text) and i have just swiped it away from main phone screen - when I actually do open my text messaging to respond to maybe a different person's text - the text(s) from a person I haven't ever actually opened will still be in dark black - but texts from other people that I have opened and/or responded too, will be in grayscale.

So it makes me believe that if a person sends me texts and I just glance briefly at the drop down from top and swipe away, and when I open my actual text messaging and see that their text is still in bold black, while others I have read and/or responded too are in grayscale - and I swipe again to delete their whole text(possibly multiple) chat/feed next to their name - then I assume they don't know whether I read them, or that I at least know of them and that I deleted the text feed/convo - because I have my read/receipt turned off.

Am I correct on this, or can people still know I at least am aware of a text from them, even if I don't open the actual text?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

For SMS it only works if your carrier supports it and lots don't. But if you have read receipts turned off the sender can't tell whatever you do on your phone.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    For SMS it only works if your carrier supports it and lots don't. But if you have read receipts turned off the sender can't tell whatever you do on your phone.
    Cool.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

As Optional already said, if it's off, they can't see it.

I've tested it with ppl

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    As Optional already said, if it's off, they can't see it.

I've tested it with ppl
    Awesome.