The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You are dead wrong. Dead Wrong! This virus is killing EVERYONE, even people in the prime of their lives. It is definitely killing kids too. 10 years and up. The smaller kids have fared well but who knows how long a variant of this disease starts ravaging babies? While it is killing people with respiratory problems, it is also killing healthy people. This shit is serious. You can ignore it if you want but it is soon coming to a place and person near you.
    Well, looking at cases here in the mainland we have had over 1000 people test positive and 36 deaths. That gives around a mortality rate of 3.6%

However, 23/36 of those deaths were from the Life Care Center near Seattle. Those people weren’t just old but they were also sick. Its a long term care facility staffed with nurses.

So he’s not wrong. Of the remaining 13 people that have died they were primarily older but we dont know anything about their general state of health.

I dont think we can draw any conclusions from China for a multitude of reasons but primarily because they control the information released.

The mortality rate will be below 1% soon. That is still high but its nowhere near the 3-4% being reported for the general population

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    So he’s not wrong. Of the remaining 13 people that have died they were primarily older but we dont know anything about their general state of health.
    I dont think we can draw any conclusions from China for a multitude of reasons but primarily because they control the information released.
    The mortality rate will be below 1% soon. That is still high but its nowhere near the 3-4% being reported for the general population
    He is dead wrong for saying the following "the ppl who are dying probably dont have much more time to live anyways"
    He then said that people in the prime of their lives are basically at no risk which is wrong.

I don't draw anything from China, especially them saying that their numbers have subsided. It could be much worst than they are telling us. So with that, how can you say for certain that the mortality rate will be below 1%? We do not know what may happen with this. The virus could mutate into something much, much worse. What do you think will happen when a young high profile athlete or actor dies from this? We are days away from that very thing happening.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Nothing for certain my man, just my guess based on current models.

Take away the outlier in Seattle and 13/1000 peeps have died, and we’re only testing people with a high liklihood of having the disease. So the 1000 is falsely low as new cases are under-reported

But who knows.

What I do know is the market is gonna take a big dump tomorrow

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Nothing for certain my man, just my guess based on current models.Take away the outlier in Seattle and 13/1000 peeps have died, and we’re only testing people with a high liklihood of having the disease. So the 1000 is falsely low as new cases are under-reportedBut who knows.What I do know is the market is gonna take a big dump tomorrow
    Italy had 2300 new cases today and 200 DEATHS... TODAY! That is a HUGE number for a country 1/6 the size of the US. If you or someone you know ends up dying from this, does it really matter if you are an outlier?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

im boycotting chinese food

fuchina

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    im boycotting chinese food

fuchina
    Don't be that guy

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26331

How are chinatowns in America? Fewer customers?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    How are chinatowns in America? Fewer customers?
    Totally empty here in Houston. Huge shopping area on Harwin is a ghost town. A friend of mine also said that the nail salons are crickets as no one is getting their nails done. Even Chinese restaurants here are getting backlash as people are afraid to eat there.

On the other hand, IKEA had lines out the door as people apparently feel more comfortable shopping at a Scandinavian (I think IKEA is Swedish??) company and are trying to avoid anything made in China, which seems impossible to do?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

China SUCKS!!

They make cheap crap that breaks

They steal our intel and screw with our internet security

They reem us on trade

They give us Corona as a thank you now

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Here are some recent stats. The odds of the average American contracting COVID-19 is one in 300,000. Odds of dying is 1 in 1.5 million. For elderly it gets more dangerous. It is still spreading but probably not by much. Politicans, news media and Research bureaucracy can all make publicity for themselves and money scaring the public and exaggerating the danger. You're more likely to get killed by being trampled by a horse or cow.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    China SUCKS!!

They make cheap crap that breaks

They steal our intel and screw with our internet security

They reem us on trade

They give us Corona as a thank you now
    yah fuchina

there,economy was slowing down so they try and wreck ours

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    Here are some recent stats. The odds of the average American contracting COVID-19 is one in 300,000. Odds of dying is 1 in 1.5 million. For elderly it gets more dangerous. It is still spreading but probably not by much. Politicans, news media and Research bureaucracy can all make publicity for themselves and money scaring the public and exaggerating the danger. You're more likely to get killed by being trampled by a horse or cow.
    Not spreading by much? The numbers in our country will probably reach 10,000 in a week. That's just the confirmed ones. Not the ones we tell to stay home and self quarantine.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    it is always quite amazing that someone as broke as you and as dependent on drugs as you blames everything on liberals. The irony
    I don’t blame anyone for my actions. That’s a liberal thing. You should try to practice what you preach though, as everything is Trump’s fault for you people. I’ve been clean for a bit, but thanks for the concern. If I’m broke, then how can I be dependent on drugs anyway? I must know some generous people handing out free drugs. Ironic that you say I blame liberals for everything, as you sit here, and blame Trump for all the worlds issues. Hypocritical much? Another liberal specialty. It must really suck, being so dense. Brock even agrees with you, and the guy fails at everything in life.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

Watch this video of this Iran health minister having the Coronavirus without knowing it until days after this:
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave GunShard 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10323

Dr. Brian Monahan* told Congress that in the U.S. 70 to 150 will have COVID-19.

*(Doctor to Congress and The U.S. Supreme Court.)

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I don’t blame anyone for my actions. That’s a liberal thing. You should try to practice what you preach though, as everything is Trump’s fault for you people. I’ve been clean for a bit, but thanks for the concern. If I’m broke, then how can I be dependent on drugs anyway? I must know some generous people handing out free drugs. Ironic that you say I blame liberals for everything, as you sit here, and blame Trump for all the worlds issues. Hypocritical much? Another liberal specialty. It must really suck, being so dense. Brock even agrees with you, and the guy fails at everything in life.
    Quite the stretch of the truth but let me know of something i said i cant back with facts.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17048

You are dead wrong. Dead Wrong! This virus is killing EVERYONE, even people in the prime of their lives. It is definitely killing kids too. 10 years and up. The smaller kids have fared well but who knows how long a variant of this disease starts ravaging babies? While it is killing people with respiratory problems, it is also killing healthy people. This shit is serious. You can ignore it if you want but it is soon coming to a place and person near you.
    oh, well then i guess biden was wrong. i do need an assault rifle with some 100 round magazines for when i need to acquire more toilet paper.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16145

Breaking news for everyone....we all die eventually

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

NBA cancelled, are we listening yet?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can really tell who gets all their health info from Dr. Trump in this thread.......

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Dr. Brian Monahan* told Congress that in the U.S. 70 to 150 will have COVID-19.

*(Doctor to Congress and The U.S. Supreme Court.)
    * 150 million

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

This virus has basically killed no one, has infected not even a sliver of a percent of the worlds population, and look at all these people acting like it is the end of the world. Fukin embarrassing

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    This virus has basically killed no one, has infected not even a sliver of a percent of the worlds population, and look at all these people acting like it is the end of the world. Fukin embarrassing
    it's kind of like standing right by the start line of an ultra marathon and as the fans yell for the runners going by, saying "Big deal, they've only run 200 yards"

it's the potential that you have to be concerned about. And you have to lock the barn door before the horse is out.... unfortunately the horse might already be out.

but we need to make sure that we don't get the big spike that genius epidemiologist's models would predict without containment, otherwise the health care system will over load, not to mention all the primary care providers most likely getting infected themselves.

PAULYPOKER

Coronavirus: Jay Bilas says the NCAA needs to postpone the ...

33 mins ago - NCAA president Mark Emmert said publicly on Wednesday that canceling the NCAA tournament was considered and is still a possibility. "It was an intermediate step to prepare to play the tournament with no fans, and the NCAA still has time," Bilas said, "but the NBA has suspended play and colleges have cancelled classes.

PAULYPOKER

coronavirus & tennis updates: The miami open has been called off

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10776

Arbys will be the only place safe in the entire World soon.

PAULYPOKER

NHL tells its teams to cancel morning skates, practices and meetings

PAULYPOKER

Chelsea players were ordered not to attend training on Thursday after someone close to the squad complained of coronavirus symptoms.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

I don't I don't get this notion that "oh it's not a penetrating problem. This is overblown"
    You have the proof in other countries. Is United States somewhat immune to this? If you factor in how poor the healthcare is, not sure how you don't just wash your fkn hands.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    I believe they said we have 497 intensive care beds in this country. It would be great if we didnt have 1000 patients who need intensive care treatment at the same time.
    Where are you getting 497. It’s more like 50,000. Heck there’s over 5000 acute care hospitals. There’s over 500,000 total beds and You probably can associate more like 100,000 of the beds as ICU beds. Of course 100,000 beds are not enough in a pandemic outbreak. But A more disturbing number is that there’s only 160,000 ventilators. With a major outbreak, you may have millions that can’t breathe on their own.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Where are you getting 497. It’s more like 50,000. Heck there’s over 5000 acute care hospitals. There’s over 500,000 total beds and You probably can associate more like 100,000 of the beds as ICU beds. Of course 100,000 beds are not enough in a pandemic outbreak. But A more disturbing number is that there’s only 160,000 ventilators. With a major outbreak, you may have millions that can’t breathe on their own.
    He obviously doesn’t live in the US

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    He obviously doesn’t live in the US
    Awww, why didn’t I think of that? I always assumed he was in the US. Thank you.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

Mac, it will be okay bro.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    oh, well then i guess biden was wrong. i do need an assault rifle with some 100 round magazines for when i need to acquire more toilet paper.
    Why not buy tp ahead of time? Then you just need the AR to protect your tp that cleans your behind.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Mac, it will be okay bro.
    Let me give you some wise advise... “It’s better to be prepared for a pandemic and not have one, than to have a pandemic and not be prepared”.

First ... 23242526272829 ... Last