1. #106
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    3 LEASES VS 1 BRAND NEW VEHICLE OWNING FOR 9 YEARS
    Lease. MSRP is $45,000 and payment is $450/month. On a lease quote, taxes, interest, fees, everything is all included in the final payment
    $450/month x 36 months x 3 vehicles = $16,200 x 3 = $48,600
    let's just say $1,000 down payment each time so $3,000 and total now of $51,600
    2 NYS inspections per lease at $21/per so 6 NYS inspections is $126.
    2 full synthetic oil changes per year and say you rotate tires as well. Call it $100 service. Top off fluids 25 point multi point inspection. $200 per year times 9 is 1800
    51,600 is price of down payment and lease payments per month plus 1926 which is oil changes for 9 years and NYS inspections
    $53,526 roughly total cost of 3 new vehicles paying $450/month on a lease plus maintenance


    Owning
    Price of new vehicle is $45,000. 7% sales tax where I personally live...$3,150 added into price. $15,000 down payment. 60 months 2.99% APR.
    Financing 33,150 over 60 months at 2.99% interest is $595.51/month.
    The total interest paid over that time is $2,580.60 for a total of payments of $35,730.60
    Take the total of payments plus your down payment of $15,000 which equals $50,730.60
    Now add in service, so 8 NYS inspections (1st is included) at $21 is 168 and again say 2 oil changes per year like on the lease. so $200 times 9 years is 1800 so total of 1968, basically same on lease minus 2 NYS inspections
    50,730.60 + 1968 = 52,698.6
    Now you own the same vehicle for 9 years. You are an average driver, you drive 12k miles a year and you are able to go 4 years on your brakes and tires...roughly 50K miles. Now you need to purchase new brake pads, brake rotors, and rubber X2.
    This is under estimating, but call it $1,000 for new tires and $1,000 for brakes and let's say that includes install. So $2000 for brakes and tires but you do that every 4 years. So $4000 in total.
    Now I'm at 56,698.60
    And this doesn't include any extra maintenance, no warranty work, no fluids, no new wiper blades or oil pans, oil filters, no new bulbs or valves or whatever. Just basic and leasing is $3,000 better over 9 years

  2. #107
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888



    BROKES LEASE

  3. #108
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    I wrote that in june 2021. Interest rates are much higher than 2.99% which is what i used to trash JJ last year when he ran his mouth. So all the retail quotes would realistically be higher

    but yes JJ continue to try and school me in a profession i have 10+ years experience and you couldnt finance a happy meal from mcdonalds

  4. #109
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    I wrote that in june 2021. Interest rates are much higher than 2.99% which is what i used to trash JJ last year when he ran his mouth. So all the retail quotes would realistically be higher

    but yes JJ continue to try and school me in a profession i have 10+ years experience and you couldnt finance a happy meal from mcdonalds
    Keep leasing Sammy!!!!!!

    Sammy your a snake oil salesman ok your real credible!!!

  5. #110
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    Appreciate the support

  6. #111
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 77,838
    Betpoints: 8746

    I never met a person or friend that leased a car new that didn't regret it in the end. They never leased again.

  7. #112
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I never met a person or friend that leased a car new that didn't regret it in the end. They never leased again.
    exactly car salesman want you to lease $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$

    Never ever listen to a car salesman they will steal from their own family for a buck

    I almost leased last car until an Actuary told me your mentally challenged to lease

    Who you goin to listen to ?? The highest level numbers crunchers in the world or a scumbag salesman???????????????????

  8. #113
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I never met a person or friend that leased a car new that didn't regret it in the end. They never leased again.

  9. #114
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    Ive sold 114 new cars in 2022. 33 leases

    29%

    meaning JJ. 71% retail and dont lease

  10. #115
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,035
    Betpoints: 20942

    Sammy is right on with his leasing numbers compared to buying. When the economy is fully functioning.... and you have cars/trucks everywhere in Detroit.... I could call up 4-5 dealerships.... driving one way to them in a 45 minute radius.... they'd be begging for my business. Last 10 years of leasing.... sticker price around $32,000 and I sh## you not... I didn't pay higher than $232.00 a month... no money down... no trade in.... nothing. 2 year lease.

    The way these dealers rigged the deal on contract.... (Sammy would probably know).... but they would put sometimes... $4,500 down.... cash.... even one time... $7,000 down. Cash on the bill of sale. I never ONCE brought cash... or a check to the table.... not even a trade in. What those dealers did to get me the price I wanted.... hey... it's on them. I'd say majority of my leases happened last week of the month FYI.

    But ever since this shortage on CHIP crap happened.... I believe the dealership has home field advantage when you come to sign at the table. There's really no way around this. They could even increase the contract when you come to sign and pick up your car... I've heard this before too. And what are you going to do?? Wait another 3 months for a car??

    Sammy is a good dude... he tells it like it is. Not every salesperson you run into will be as honest as Sammy. They change numbers right when you're about to pick up the car.

  11. #116
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    Top of this page i literally spell out and explain every number and JJ still thinks he is right. Its amazing

  12. #117
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    a site full of brokes

    great place for advice!!

  13. #118
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 77,838
    Betpoints: 8746

    Different mind set when owning a car versus leasing a car. When leasing gotta watch the miles, dents, scratches etc.

    Peace of mind is a factor.

  14. #119
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Different mind set when owning a car versus leasing a car. When leasing gotta watch the miles, dents, scratches etc.

    Peace of mind is a factor.
    Peace of mind has no monatary value

    keep in mind dealers can buy out your lease from the bank. We do this most times and then we buy it for inventory. So your over miles is a non issues. Dings and dents are non issues

    only issues if you turn in vehicle back to bank. Dealers want to buy them so they can have for lot

  15. #120
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Final words here

    I liked the video and thread but sometimes I need to fight with Sammy and keep him in line

    Leasing=squares

    Buying =sharps

    Best of luck in your search for a car out of thread time to bet!!

  16. #121
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    You can fight me JJ but i won the round 10-8

    blood bath

  17. #122
    packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-22-13
    Posts: 17,997
    Betpoints: 2085

    My mum worked at a GM dealer in Canada for about twelve years.

  18. #123
    OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-21
    Posts: 3,401
    Betpoints: 3972

    one thing even tho i will have enough cash to buy new cars is way cheapear to buy a used car some are 1 yr old but price is cut way down

    like $3 per mile from original say car was $22,000 list so if car was driven say 30,000 in 2 years your now getting 22 K car for $13,000

    also go to you tube search for scams of car dealers like gap coverage shipping and handling is already included on new car list extended warranty no get the top rated ones where you can take your vehicle to local mechanic who accepts them and your only paying deductible of $100

  19. #124
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 54,270
    Betpoints: 5850

    Isn't there a tax advantage to leasing?

  20. #125
    OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-21
    Posts: 3,401
    Betpoints: 3972

    SAVE HUGE CASH buy a used vehicle vs NEW

    this is how it works trust me sold cars for 2 years from 79 - 81

    say a 2 yr old used car is on lot was driven 30,000 miles well the deduction per mile can be as high as $3 per mile

    so that car or truck was listed at $22,000 it's reduced $6600.00 you get that Car or truck FOR $15,000

    also never fall for dealers scams like seen in this video by a car sales man



    members comments
    I spent 8 years at a Chevy dealership. This man speaks the truth.

    I bought a car Saturday and used all of Chevy dudes tips (I watched almost all of his videos). I negotiated for hours, got $5000 off by spotting bullshit fees and bringing up the survey, and walked out with the car I wanted at the price I wanted

    1. Delivery/ Destination Fee 2. Advertising Fees 3. Theft Protection aka Data Dodge 4. Nitrogen 5. Pinstripe and decals 6. ADM - Additional Dealer Markup 7. Mudflaps and other accessories 8. Credit Life Insurance 9. Temp Tags. Dealer Prep and Gas


    Last time I was buying a car (a used car mind you), one of the dealers tried to charge me a $750 destination fee. Asked if they paid $750 to the person who traded it in just to have them park it on the lot. They had the audacity to tell me yes. They refused to drop the charge too. Walked out and got a better deal elsewhere.


    10 years in the industry, this is the only salesman on YouTube I take seriously. He doesn't just tell people what they want to hear, he gives honesty. @chevydude. keep it up.



  21. #126
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Isn't there a tax advantage to leasing?
    Well yes and no. If a car cost $50,000 you pay sales tax on $50,000

    where as in a lease you only pay tax for the portion of the vehicle you are buying. Make it easy and call residual value 50%. You pay 50% roughly sales tex now and then if you buy out st end you pay the 25,000 plus sales tax when refinancing

  22. #127
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 54,270
    Betpoints: 5850

    Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Well yes and no. If a car cost $50,000 you pay sales tax on $50,000

    where as in a lease you only pay tax for the portion of the vehicle you are buying. Make it easy and call residual value 50%. You pay 50% roughly sales tex now and then if you buy out st end you pay the 25,000 plus sales tax when refinancing
    Wow, you would love to sell cars down here. Lease payments are 100% tax deductible for businesses. Just about every company owned car is leased so they all petty much get turned over every 60-80k miles.

  23. #128
    gauchojake
    Fansplainer
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 32,454
    Betpoints: 8905

    Sammy I have a car question...actually a couple

    Here's the situation
    - Wife's car was stolen - she left the key in the car and some idiots happened upon it and took the car. We had Onstar so they disabled the vehicle and it was retrieved relatively unscathed. There was some damage to the panels where they tried to rip out the wiring to disable the Onstar and a couple other minor things. They kept the key though, so we needed to get the car re-keyed.

    - It's been over 2 months at the dealership. Everything is fixed except for the keys. The service manager is claiming that they cannot locate the parts needed an have no eta on when it will be completed. We are in a loaner that is of lesser quality but the dealer is paying for it. It's penetrating annoying and my wife wants her car back.

    - Is there any sort of shortage right now with keys and transponders? This seems like an easy fix but they claim no
    - What is the best way to escalate a service issue? I need to get this shit resolved asap. Should I call the GM or Dealer or escalate to the zone manager? Tweet that shit out?

    This guy is pissing me off. He treated my wife like shit and now that little rooster_eater is scared to even return my call. I am considering just going down there and being a dick in person but frankly just want results. I don't have time to deal with idiots.

    Thanks SAMMYYYY

  24. #129
    KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-19
    Posts: 8,048
    Betpoints: 3314

    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Sammy I have a car question...actually a couple

    Here's the situation
    - Wife's car was stolen - she left the key in the car and some idiots happened upon it and took the car. We had Onstar so they disabled the vehicle and it was retrieved relatively unscathed. There was some damage to the panels where they tried to rip out the wiring to disable the Onstar and a couple other minor things. They kept the key though, so we needed to get the car re-keyed.

    - It's been over 2 months at the dealership. Everything is fixed except for the keys. The service manager is claiming that they cannot locate the parts needed an have no eta on when it will be completed. We are in a loaner that is of lesser quality but the dealer is paying for it. It's penetrating annoying and my wife wants her car back.

    - Is there any sort of shortage right now with keys and transponders? This seems like an easy fix but they claim no
    - What is the best way to escalate a service issue? I need to get this shit resolved asap. Should I call the GM or Dealer or escalate to the zone manager? Tweet that shit out?

    This guy is pissing me off. He treated my wife like shit and now that little rooster_eater is scared to even return my call. I am considering just going down there and being a dick in person but frankly just want results. I don't have time to deal with idiots.

    Thanks SAMMYYYY
    I would imagine you have AAA Jake?
    Just have them send out their locksmith to
    Make you a replacement. They wont be able to replace the key fob but at least you will have your own vehicle back until the dealer has the replacement
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pablo222

  25. #130
    gauchojake
    Fansplainer
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 32,454
    Betpoints: 8905

    Dealer won't release the car back to us until it's fixed or at least that is what they told my wife. We actually have the second key...well the dealer does at least.

    I called another dealer to ask if this was a known issue and he said that there were a lot of parts backordered so they might be telling the truth. Super frustrating.

  26. #131
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Sammy I have a car question...actually a couple

    Here's the situation
    - Wife's car was stolen - she left the key in the car and some idiots happened upon it and took the car. We had Onstar so they disabled the vehicle and it was retrieved relatively unscathed. There was some damage to the panels where they tried to rip out the wiring to disable the Onstar and a couple other minor things. They kept the key though, so we needed to get the car re-keyed.

    - It's been over 2 months at the dealership. Everything is fixed except for the keys. The service manager is claiming that they cannot locate the parts needed an have no eta on when it will be completed. We are in a loaner that is of lesser quality but the dealer is paying for it. It's penetrating annoying and my wife wants her car back.

    - Is there any sort of shortage right now with keys and transponders? This seems like an easy fix but they claim no
    - What is the best way to escalate a service issue? I need to get this shit resolved asap. Should I call the GM or Dealer or escalate to the zone manager? Tweet that shit out?

    This guy is pissing me off. He treated my wife like shit and now that little rooster_eater is scared to even return my call. I am considering just going down there and being a dick in person but frankly just want results. I don't have time to deal with idiots.

    Thanks SAMMYYYY
    Short answer. YES key fobs are in short due to chips. Even key fobs have chips in them. They cost anywhere from 250-400 to replace and on back order for thr most part pending the factory

    shitty situation for sure. Sorry to hear about it

  27. #132
    KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-19
    Posts: 8,048
    Betpoints: 3314

    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Dealer won't release the car back to us until it's fixed or at least that is what they told my wife. We actually have the second key...well the dealer does at least.

    I called another dealer to ask if this was a known issue and he said that there were a lot of parts backordered so they might be telling the truth. Super frustrating.
    I hope they are making the payments on it since they wont release it.
    Id definitely be down there and taking possession of it with that spare key

  28. #133
    edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-11
    Posts: 2,692
    Betpoints: 4716

    Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Short answer. YES key fobs are in short due to chips. Even key fobs have chips in them. They cost anywhere from 250-400 to replace and on back order for thr most part pending the factory

    shitty situation for sure. Sorry to hear about it
    Most guys here biggest problem is when their Ole Lady losses the car "keys" is that they have to go too their toolbox and get her another screwdriver.

  29. #134
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,035
    Betpoints: 20942

    Wanted to update this thread with some info on Ford products.

    A friend of mine placed an order for a Mustang 11/2021 and he is still waiting for it to be MADE. Not delivered... MADE. And another friend of mine is waiting on a Ford Truck.... order placed 01/2022 and again... still waiting for it to be MADE.

    It's a complete mess right now.

  30. #135
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 54,270
    Betpoints: 5850

    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Dealer won't release the car back to us until it's fixed or at least that is what they told my wife. We actually have the second key...well the dealer does at least.

    I called another dealer to ask if this was a known issue and he said that there were a lot of parts backordered so they might be telling the truth. Super frustrating.
    Surely if you have a working 2nd key you can program a new key from that?

    And just use a cheap Ebay copy for now.

    Who the hell is a dealer to say they wont release YOUR car??? Fugg that guy.

  31. #136
    konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-06
    Posts: 12,514
    Betpoints: 188

    How do you not have a lap top????

  32. #137
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 5434

    No need for it. Ipad works fine

  33. #138
    gauchojake
    Fansplainer
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 32,454
    Betpoints: 8905

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Surely if you have a working 2nd key you can program a new key from that?

    And just use a cheap Ebay copy for now.

    Who the hell is a dealer to say they wont release YOUR car??? Fugg that guy.
    The issue isn't that we don't have a key, it's that the guys who stole the car also have a key and they know where I live.

  34. #139
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 54,270
    Betpoints: 5850

    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

    The issue isn't that we don't have a key, it's that the guys who stole the car also have a key and they know where I live.
    ahhh

  35. #140
    MrMiami
    MrMiami's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-24-09
    Posts: 2,147
    Betpoints: 21876

    The only thing your analysis does not consider is the value of the owned car after 9 years that you could sell to recover some of your outlay cost. I would think a 9 year old car with 12-15k a year of mileage would get you at least 5-10k back. Probably more in this current environment.

First 12345 Last
Top