Originally posted on 09/14/2022:

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
Sammy I have a car question...actually a couple

Here's the situation
- Wife's car was stolen - she left the key in the car and some idiots happened upon it and took the car. We had Onstar so they disabled the vehicle and it was retrieved relatively unscathed. There was some damage to the panels where they tried to rip out the wiring to disable the Onstar and a couple other minor things. They kept the key though, so we needed to get the car re-keyed.

- It's been over 2 months at the dealership. Everything is fixed except for the keys. The service manager is claiming that they cannot locate the parts needed an have no eta on when it will be completed. We are in a loaner that is of lesser quality but the dealer is paying for it. It's penetrating annoying and my wife wants her car back.

- Is there any sort of shortage right now with keys and transponders? This seems like an easy fix but they claim no
- What is the best way to escalate a service issue? I need to get this shit resolved asap. Should I call the GM or Dealer or escalate to the zone manager? Tweet that shit out?

This guy is pissing me off. He treated my wife like shit and now that little rooster_eater is scared to even return my call. I am considering just going down there and being a dick in person but frankly just want results. I don't have time to deal with idiots.

Thanks SAMMYYYY
I would imagine you have AAA Jake?
Just have them send out their locksmith to
Make you a replacement. They won’t be able to replace the key fob but at least you will have your own vehicle back until the dealer has the replacement