seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    “I am incredibly disappointed to not be heading to Tokyo with Team USA, but you need to be at absolute peak performance to compete at the Olympic level and I am just not there yet,” Love said in a statement shared by ESPN -- the first outlet to report Love’s decision.

According to a source, this is not a new injury. Love is still feeling the effects of a lingering right calf strain that limited him to just 25 games during the 2020-21 season, where he averaged 12.2 points per game, lowest since his rookie season, to go with 7.4 rebounds.

Love spoke with confidence about his health on July 6, the first day of Team USA training camp. But once the exertion picked up, Love wasn’t feeling right and concluded that he hasn’t yet gotten over the hump, with no amount of rehab or treatment available to get him to that point before the Olympics.
    Yes. Pick a guy who can’t play in a third of the regular season games because of a physical injury and has had mental issues/checked out before and during the season was a wise choice to represent the USA. K Love had no business on this team even if he wanted to play.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16192

Les Bleus kicked their ASS!

IBetYou

Vincent Collet is a shrewd coach. Had his team playing dead the past two weeks. Surprise! That's twice in a row. USA are their bitch now.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

How far has hoops fallen in the U.S? The blacks, who NEVER follow the rules, are simply a bunch of over paid cry babies who are not worth a crap. They should ship all of them to Nigeria where they belong. No one in the U.S. cares about hoops except blacks and their sympathizers.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Choking implies that he was playing in a game of magnitude. These are scrimmages. Mac, did I ever tell you that you're a knee jerk reactor? If USA loses gold come back here then and say I told you so. Until then, stop.
    Goat, I hate to say I told you so but this team roster is flawed. Zero chemistry and not built for Olympic play. I see more losses coming.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    1 loss already. Sure it’s an exhibition but a sign of things to come.Lillard is a choker same as Durant and PG13. I don’t trust anyone on that roster.
    Durant with 10 points, totally dog shit, saddled most of the game with 4 fouls because he couldn’t defend France’s 2 Bigs. Lillard turning the ball over every time he touched the ball. You are in trouble if they are your 2 best players. Fournier, Poirer, Batum and Gobert were the 4 best players on the court. Wasn’t popobitch the coach in 2003 the last time USA lost?

IBetYou

Goat, I hate to say I told you so but this team roster is flawed. Zero chemistry and not built for Olympic play. I see more losses coming.
    That was essentially their first game together. They have 1 game and a couple of practices to sort things out and then they're back in the pressure cooker.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    That was essentially their first game together. They have 1 game and a couple of practices to sort things out and then they're back in the pressure cooker.
    They still have chokes on dicks Durant….

IBetYou

Watching Nigeria now... so many mugs on this team. Achiuwa, Okogie... these guys have no skill at all. Nwora is the future of that Nigerian team. Never had a player of that caliber until now.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

4:20 am 1 more day can't wait

Using my $25 freebet on this "Mamacita Parlay"

S.Korea +18.5
    Serbia -1.5
    Puerto Rico +29.5

+611

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

sorry women bball ofcourse, should make that clear

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Ryermkd View Post
    4:20 am 1 more day can't wait

Using my $25 freebet on this "Mamacita Parlay"

S.Korea +18.5
    Serbia -1.5
    Puerto Rico +29.5

+611
    Korea look like the best of those plays to me. They have a nice zone defense, and the Canadians are stupid.

IBetYou

I love these 40min games. I think in time the NBA will adopt the 40min game and cut down on timeouts too.

20 years from now Americans will look back and say god almighty how could I spend 4 hours watching a single basketball game?

IBetYou

I was right on Nigeria... everyone saying they would be a force to be reckoned with because of all their American NBAers but there's a LOT of players in the NBA that shouldn't be and a LOT of players in Europe that should be. It's just convenient for NBA teams to scout in their own backyard, NBA/ GLeague/ NCAA.

Sam Presti is one of the few that gets it. I like his pick Giddey, and I like Pokusevski from last year.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Looks like you spoke too early as usual. I assume you've been bettting against USA in the quarters, the semis, and now you will bet against them in the finals too. Sorry in advance for your loss.

IBetYou

Poor France. At the WC two years ago coach Collett bemoaned the fact his team had just two days off with travel while Argentina had three days off with travel. This year the IOC/ FIBA in their infinite wisdom decide to have the Gold game before the Bronze game - seriously, who ever heard of that?!!! - so USA get 7 hours more rest than France in a quick turnaround. Not that USA need any favours of course. Durant has really made it easy for them...
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave IBetYou 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Looks like you spoke too early as usual. I assume you've been bettting against USA in the quarters, the semis, and now you will bet against them in the finals too. Sorry in advance for your loss.
    I haven’t been betting the Olympics. I can barely follow this shit that NBC has put out.

Team USA lost 2 scrimmages and the opening game in Tokyo. Something they have never, ever done and you’re gloating?

Mac4Lyfe

P.s. I want USA to win. I never root against my country, my team.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

The team lost 3 games including exhibition it is embarrassing even if win gold.

Goat Milk

I haven’t been betting the Olympics. I can barely follow this shit that NBC has put out.

Team USA lost 2 scrimmages and the opening game in Tokyo. Something they have never, ever done and you’re gloating?
    Not gloating. I told you those scrimmages don't mean shit, but you wanted to look so deep into it. All that matters is who wins gold. Same story as ppl who said Lebron and Wade would never win a title when they started the season 9-8. I remember those days, over 10 years ago on this site. Remember like it was yesterday. Site is full of knee jerk reactions. Reg season does not mean dick. I don't care about any statistics or metrix or anything. Same concept here. USA has covered every single game that meant anything, except the first one against France. When USA lost those scrimmages they hadn't even played together, and they were missing 2 starters (Booker and Holiday). Now they are gelled together, and they understand the pecking order. They will beat France and secure gold.

Mac4Lyfe

No guarantee they win tonight. I hope they do but I still do not trust this roster. You are banking on Durant and a bunch of chokers including Pop. I wouldnt bet them.

Goat Milk

No guarantee they win tonight. I hope they do but I still do not trust this roster. You are banking on Durant and a bunch of chokers including Pop. I wouldnt bet them.
    If they are chokers, then who the f is France? France has Fournier, Batum and Gobert. 3 guys who have proven to choke their entire careers. It's not like you're betting against some powerhouse team that comes through in the clutch. The only clutch French player in NBA history is Tony Parker, and I don't see him on this team. The -13 may be dangerous here, but if you're betting on France ML in a gold medal game you have some balls.

Mac4Lyfe

If they are chokers, then who the f is France? France has Fournier, Batum and Gobert. 3 guys who have proven to choke their entire careers. It's not like you're betting against some powerhouse team that comes through in the clutch. The only clutch French player in NBA history is Tony Parker, and I don't see him on this team. The -13 may be dangerous here, but if you're betting on France ML in a gold medal game you have some balls.
    I'm not betting this game. Nothing will surprise me in this game. The US has shown twice now that they cannot handle Gobert and Poirer inside. They can't handle Fournier coming off the high pick with Gobert. If Durant gets in foul trouble like the last game, the US is fukkked. Certainly can't count on Dame Dolla. France +13 looks the only bet on the board. I damn sure wouldn't take US to cover or US ML. Heck no. Too risky.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

france can win again

IBetYou

Wrong guys shooting the shots for USA

IBetYou

I'm not betting this game. Nothing will surprise me in this game. The US has shown twice now that they cannot handle Gobert and Poirer inside. They can't handle Fournier coming off the high pick with Gobert. If Durant gets in foul trouble like the last game, the US is fukkked. Certainly can't count on Dame Dolla. France +13 looks the only bet on the board. I damn sure wouldn't take US to cover or US ML. Heck no. Too risky.
    Poirier?! Barely in the rotation since the first game. Yabusele is much better than him.

IBetYou

Durant & Tatum 43pts, rest of the team 30pts...

IBetYou

Good to see Green not playing much today. I said at the start of the tournament they should have left that bum at home.

IBetYou

Can't tell me they wouldn't have been better with B.Lopez
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave IBetYou 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

IBetYou

Expected USA to smash game 1 and this one, with the payback angle, or fear/ respect -whatever you want to call it. The Gobert factor... polarizing player, but there's a reason the Jazz had the best record in the NBA this past season and it's not dime-a-dozen-Donovan.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Our team is a joke would get killed by 2008 Spain or Argentina teams.

IBetYou

Funny the stark culture difference between USA and the rest of the world. Pretty much any other team wins and their star players will compliment their opponent on a good effort. USA it's a lot of people back home doubted us, and I made a list of all the people that wrote us off blah blah blah. Like they were underdogs or something -this team about 1.2 to win it all before the start of the tournament.

Like a bunch of kids. Gotta have respect for yourself before you can respect others.

IBetYou

Ok not rest of the world. Europe at least. Shows a sense of perspective, not like an inward thinking child-like mindset.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Our team is a joke would get killed by 2008 Spain or Argentina teams.
    Sheesh, great take *rolls eyes*

Whatever you think about which past teams could best them is ridiculous and irrelevant. Its like arguing who the best player or team is and comparing players that never stepped on the same court together

They're gold medalists. And that isn't a "hot take" or an opinion, that much is fact.

Congrats to this ALL BLACK team for winning GOLD MEDAL

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Funny the stark culture difference between USA and the rest of the world. Pretty much any other team wins and their star players will compliment their opponent on a good effort. USA it's a lot of people back home doubted us, and I made a list of all the people that wrote us off blah blah blah. Like they were underdogs or something -this team about 1.2 to win it all before the start of the tournament.

Like a bunch of kids. Gotta have respect for yourself before you can respect others.
    A lot of people did doubt this team. I damn sure did. I didn't like the roster or the coaching. I wrote them off pretty much and a lot of others, especially the Trump folks were hoping and praying they would lose. They were underdogs in their own country. People openly root against the team and Lebron wasn't even on it.

Good job USA. Let's go win the total gold medal count tonight. Down goes China.

First ... 34567 Last