IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16295

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Brook Lopez with 33 points, 7 reb, 4 blocks. He definitely should be on Team USA.
    THey had him on the WC team 2 years ago. He fell out of favour because he couldn't guard anyone off the high screen -in the nba everyone scores all the time so it doesn't matter so much but in FIBA play you need to get stops regularly.

This was the highlight of his run. An exhibition in Australia. Fans loved him! I had USA on the point spread on this game. All the nonsense at the end spoiled the cover

Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave IBetYou 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2247

He’s definitely a hall of famer. His stats are amazing

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    He’s definitely a hall of famer. His stats are amazing
    If Kevin Love is a Hall of Famer then the standards are entirely too low. He has NEVER been the best player on a team with a winning record. Why the hell are we playing the games if winning doesn’t matter??

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11309

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    THey had him on the WC team 2 years ago. He fell out of favour because he couldn't guard anyone off the high screen -in the nba everyone scores all the time so it doesn't matter so much but in FIBA play you need to get stops regularly.

This was the highlight of his run. An exhibition in Australia. Fans loved him! I had USA on the point spread on this game. All the nonsense at the end spoiled the cover

I didn’t know about him guarding the high screen. Great info.

That video is awesome.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

I don't think he's gay unless something recent? I've seen him in Cleveland with some FINE ASS women. I mean fine women. Not that that means anything.

He's currently engaged to this girl.

You can't prove thats a female. If thats a famous celebrity there is a high chance that "she" was born male. you'd be amazed how often that goes on. If whoever that person is was a first born child its literally almost impossible it wasn't born male. and based on that pic she sorta has a male neck and shoulder structure. I'd need more pics though. And I don't know who that is nor do I really care much

ridgeway
    ridgeway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6205

Kevin Love

Mac4Lyfe

Who on that roster is clutch? Who hasn't choked in crunch time? On paper, USA looks great but under pressure, I see a bunch of guys that are afraid of the bright lights. Unfortunately, Spain, Australia, Argentina are old. I'm curious to see what Nigeria looks like? They are slowing building up a good program. I think we play them in an exhibition in a couple of weeks??
    We did play them and lost our ass. Like I said, a lot of chokers on this USA team. Durant was like 2 for 13 like the choker he is. Lillard shooting 3s? Haha, not tonight.

Mac4Lyfe

Oh, it's going to be fun to watch. I'm just not so sure Dame shooting from the logo is a solid strategy. NBA players are usually not too well versed on the Olympic rules. I hope we win all our games in blowout but my head tells me they are going to get pushed in a couple of games.
    1 loss already. Sure it’s an exhibition but a sign of things to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    That 3 pt line in the olympics is like a midrange jumper in the nba lol. I think the olympics court is smaller, US gonna have a huge advantage cause Lillard can pull from 35. Even pulling from 27, that's a normal 3 for him, that's signifcantly behind the 3 pt line in the olympics I believe. More spacing this way. Other teams won't be able to do this.
    Lillard is a choker same as Durant and PG13. I don’t trust anyone on that roster.

IBetYou

The loss to Nigeria means nothing. USA just out of shape.

And Nigeria don't have a good program. You need money to have a competent program, let alone a good program. What they do is they outsource any players over the globe with Nigerian parents. No other African team does this. FIBA let them do it and they run wild with it.

IBetYou

Nigeria need a pg. Can't put Okogie at the controls for crying out loud. Like a monkey on the steering wheel. Is Monte Morris going to show?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

1 loss already. Sure it’s an exhibition but a sign of things to come.

Lillard is a choker same as Durant and PG13. I don’t trust anyone on that roster.

KD got two rings and two finals mvp's

He's not a choker by any measure

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    KD got two rings and two finals mvp's He's not a choker by any measure
    Golden State got Durant 2 rings. He had to bail on Okie to get them after he choked on dicks when okie had a huge lead in the playoffs. Cotton soft and petrified to shoot when it counts, like game 7 this year. First class choker. I’m not hating, just the truth. He plays well with no pressure but when the going gets tough, he’s choking. Mental midget who is fixated on what people say and think of him. I do not trust him to deliver in crunch time.

The Kraken

Golden State got Durant 2 rings. He had to bail on Okie to get them after he choked on dicks when okie had a huge lead in the playoffs. Cotton soft and petrified to shoot when it counts, like game 7 this year. First class choker. I’m not hating, just the truth. He plays well with no pressure but when the going gets tough, he’s choking. Mental midget who is fixated on what people say and think of him. I do not trust him to deliver in crunch time.
    LMAO

You're letting your feelings towards Durant cloud your memory

GS doesnt get another ring without KD, even Kerr acknowledged this

Sure KD didnt get it done in OKC but the greats have failed at some point. Even Jordan lost 7 playoff series, what a fkn choker

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Take Slovenia to win the gold

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    LMAO

You're letting your feelings towards Durant cloud your memory

GS doesnt get another ring without KD, even Kerr acknowledged this

Sure KD didnt get it done in OKC but the greats have failed at some point. Even Jordan lost 7 playoff series, what a fkn choker
    I have no feelings to or against Durant. I just don’t trust him in crunch time. Definitely not on Team USA. Let’s see how this team does. I think they choke.

The Kraken

I have no feelings to or against Durant. I just don’t trust him in crunch time. Definitely not on Team USA. Let’s see how this team does. I think they choke.
    They might, not sold on this team either.

Mac4Lyfe

The loss to Nigeria means nothing. USA just out of shape.
    Out of shape? They just finished the season.

IBetYou

Out of shape? They just finished the season.
    Only takes a couple weeks to lose game shape. A lotta their guys hadn't played in two months!

Mac4Lyfe

Only takes a couple weeks to lose game shape. A lotta their guys hadn't played in two months!
    Delly and Patty Mills haven't played in like 5 months and laid the wood to team USA. This team has zero chemistry. Just a bunch of guys jacking up 3's. No movement on offense and a lack of playing defense. A bunch of prima donnas on this team. Not enough guys to carry the heavy lifting. The team is small. No big guys to protect the paint. Stupid roster. Popovich a very overrated coach. Tim Duncan is not coming out of the locker room. Durant choked again down the stretch. Green turning the ball over like he did in the playoffs for GS and deathly afraid to shoot the ball. Why is he on the court in crunch time? That's like playing 4 on 5.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Delly and Patty Mills haven't played in like 5 months and laid the wood to team USA. This team has zero chemistry. Just a bunch of guys jacking up 3's. No movement on offense and a lack of playing defense. A bunch of prima donnas on this team. Not enough guys to carry the heavy lifting. The team is small. No big guys to protect the paint. Stupid roster. Popovich a very overrated coach. Tim Duncan is not coming out of the locker room. Durant choked again down the stretch. Green turning the ball over like he did in the playoffs for GS and deathly afraid to shoot the ball. Why is he on the court in crunch time? That's like playing 4 on 5.
    Choking implies that he was playing in a game of magnitude. These are scrimmages. Mac, did I ever tell you that you're a knee jerk reactor? If USA loses gold come back here then and say I told you so. Until then, stop.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Choking implies that he was playing in a game of magnitude. These are scrimmages. Mac, did I ever tell you that you're a knee jerk reactor? If USA loses gold come back here then and say I told you so. Until then, stop.
    Goat - I'm just giving you my opinion. Everyone has already crowned this team and they haven't won anything yet. I'm not overreacting. I hope we win gold but I don't like this roster. A lot of dead weight on the team. Grant, Green, LaVine and Love aren't significant contributors IMO. Then you have too many guys that want to handle the rock and no real PG??? Is Lilliard your PG or Durant? Where are your PF's and Centers? Adebayo is 6'9. That's your center? This team is going to get destroyed in the paint and if they're not hitting jump shots, they are going to be in serious trouble. This team is really missing Lebron, who could gel them together. This is not good.

Bam Adebayo Miami Heat
    Bradley Beal Washington Wizards
    Devin Booker Phoenix Suns
    Kevin Durant Brooklyn Nets
    Jerami Grant Detroit Pistons
    Draymond Green Golden State Warriors
    Jrue Holiday Milwaukee Bucks
    Zach LaVine Chicago Bulls
    Damian Lillard Portland Trail Blazers
    Kevin Love Cleveland Cavaliers
    Khris Middleton Milwaukee Bucks
    Jayson Tatum Boston Celtics

IBetYou

5 months? What the hell are you on? NBA season finished a couple months ago. Mill's Spurs were knocked out by the Grizz on 17/May. USA just showed up out of shape, that's all there is to it. The fact they've lost two straight just backs up my point. You think Durant is training hard so that he can beat these mediocre teams in exhibition games? Of course he isn't. Neither was Doncic for Slovenia's exhibitions.

IBetYou

I will say this, Draymond has no business being on team USA. People associate him with winning because he was on those Warriors teams. But too mouthy and not skilled. Marcus Morris would have been a much better choice.

IBetYou

Read his talk about everyone wanting to beat USA, and defending USA... is that what he's doing? Like the US troops? Not doing a very good job. Mouthy idiot.

IBetYou

What a fool Dragic is for retiring from International play. Would have had a great chance at an Olympic medal. What else is he doing instead? Resting for the '21 season? HEAT might trade him. He'll be regretting this big time imo.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6349

draymond is solid has a pf ever avg 9 assists a game before

Mac4Lyfe

5 months? What the hell are you on? NBA season finished a couple months ago. Mill's Spurs were knocked out by the Grizz on 17/May. USA just showed up out of shape, that's all there is to it. The fact they've lost two straight just backs up my point. You think Durant is training hard so that he can beat these mediocre teams in exhibition games? Of course he isn't. Neither was Doncic for Slovenia's exhibitions.
    Delle didn't play for most of the entire season. Mills hadn't played in 2 months. You said Team USA was out of shape. Then what the hell were the Australians? Were they on some other training level? Stop making excuses. These guys all play basketball year round. US just got beat.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    draymond is solid has a pf ever avg 9 assists a game before
    He refuses to shoot the ball and has become a liability to the offense. He turns the ball over too much because he's afraid to shoot.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Goat - I'm just giving you my opinion. Everyone has already crowned this team and they haven't won anything yet. I'm not overreacting. I hope we win gold but I don't like this roster. A lot of dead weight on the team. Grant, Green, LaVine and Love aren't significant contributors IMO. Then you have too many guys that want to handle the rock and no real PG??? Is Lilliard your PG or Durant? Where are your PF's and Centers? Adebayo is 6'9. That's your center? This team is going to get destroyed in the paint and if they're not hitting jump shots, they are going to be in serious trouble. This team is really missing Lebron, who could gel them together. This is not good.

Bam Adebayo Miami Heat
    Bradley Beal Washington Wizards
    Devin Booker Phoenix Suns
    Kevin Durant Brooklyn Nets
    Jerami Grant Detroit Pistons
    Draymond Green Golden State Warriors
    Jrue Holiday Milwaukee Bucks
    Zach LaVine Chicago Bulls
    Damian Lillard Portland Trail Blazers
    Kevin Love Cleveland Cavaliers
    Khris Middleton Milwaukee Bucks
    Jayson Tatum Boston Celtics
    The roster isn't ideal, I agree, USA is missing some of the best players in the world. Lebron, Kawhi, Chris Paul, Curry, Harden, I mean the list goes on and on. But there are no excuses. Adebayo is used to guarding the best big men in the world in the NBA. Jokic, Embiid, etc.

Regardless of the lack of talent the USA has compared to previous generations, it is still by far the most talented roster in the Olympics. And it's not even close. So if they lose, it's their own fault, plain and simple.

I expect them to gel together and ultimately win. The team needs to understand that it's Durant's and lillard's team and the rest of those guys are gonna need to find their roles. Including Tatum and Beal. They have to look in the mirror and acknowledge that they are inferior players. D Wade came off the bench for the 08 team despite the fact that he was the second best player on the team. But Kobe was the best. So Wade took his role, led the team in ppg, fg%, steals, and blocks I believe (or close to it). HIs role was to do dirty work and muck up the game.

IBetYou

Delle didn't play for most of the entire season. Mills hadn't played in 2 months. You said Team USA was out of shape. Then what the hell were the Australians? Were they on some other training level? Stop making excuses. These guys all play basketball year round. US just got beat.
    Australia had a proper training camp, USA didn't. Why don't you read a paper? FFS! Durant got his dunk attempt blocked in the first game for crying out loud. How many times did that happen during the season?

IBetYou

Love has withdrawn. Citing a calf injury but more likely mental issues imo.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

He will shine in international game —. Good passer

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Love has withdrawn. Citing a calf injury but more likely mental issues imo.
    That’s why I started this thread. A guy who can’t handle the rigors of NBA regular season life definitely doesn’t need to be wasting their time on the olympic team. Its not a layup drill anymore like it was for the dream team. I knew his mental issues would seep into the decision one way or the other.

IBetYou

Yeh, well he's gone on the record with mental issues. Liz Cambage just pulled out of the Opals team, and had no problem stating it was because of mental issues and being in a bubble with no friends or family. Awful woman.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 663

“I am incredibly disappointed to not be heading to Tokyo with Team USA, but you need to be at absolute peak performance to compete at the Olympic level and I am just not there yet,” Love said in a statement shared by ESPN -- the first outlet to report Love’s decision.

According to a source, this is not a new injury. Love is still feeling the effects of a lingering right calf strain that limited him to just 25 games during the 2020-21 season, where he averaged 12.2 points per game, lowest since his rookie season, to go with 7.4 rebounds.

Love spoke with confidence about his health on July 6, the first day of Team USA training camp. But once the exertion picked up, Love wasn’t feeling right and concluded that he hasn’t yet gotten over the hump, with no amount of rehab or treatment available to get him to that point before the Olympics.

First ... 234567 Last