JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Who you on as the starting 5
    Off the top of my head - I'm sure I'm missing some big white stiffs that can fill in at center or forward off the bench.

American born white NBA players -

1) Alex Curoso
    2) Kevin Love
    3) Gordon Hayward
    4) Brook Lopez
    5) Joe Harris (Nets)

Off the bench

Duncan Roberson (Heat
    Tyler Herro (Heat)
    Pat Cannaughton (Bucks)
    Mason Plumlee (Pistons)
    Robin Lopez.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-25-21 at 09:37 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ I bet that ALL WHITE AMERICAN NBA OLYMPIC team if coached up would medal in the up coming Olympics for America.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Is Sabonis American ?

If so, he should get in ahead of Love for sure

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Is Sabonis American ?

No.. With a name like Sabonis it's pretty obvious.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    No.. With a name like Sabonis it's pretty obvious.
    Ever heard of immigration ??? There are no restrictions on someone's name to be an American

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Sabonis plays for Lithuania but yes name does not really matter. Lopez guys are at least partially black just by hair I guess. Doug McDermott, TJ McConnell, and Cody Zeller among better white americans not mentioned.

asiagambler

Kelly Olynyk

rm18
    Update your status

Kelly Olynyk
    Canada

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Canada
    I suck at this

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

This dumbfukks rationale that Love should be on the US Olympic team is that Scalabrine schools HS kids and all NBA players are good

Sheeeeeesh
    Oh boy, time to take your meds pal

I know it's hard to understand for a junkie like you but I'll write so you can understand...

Kevin Love is one of the better players in the NBA and Scalabrine is a scrub that can dominate uncoordinated fools like you. It's not a travesty that he represents the US. Oh but a cuck like you want all black dicks in one team like how you want them all in your loose mouth

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Kevin Love is one of the better players in the NBA

Peeps like you are what makes SBR ass now. We used to have knowledgeable sports betters that knew their sports. Now we have people like you that graduated with a shit BS degree from a third rate college and think they're a renowned Virologist, and clearly havent watched basketball in 10 years

Yet like everything else, you think you know something.

Run back to the saloon and tell some more people about your crackerjack education

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16186

Can't put Caruso ahead of McConnell. Caruso has actually gotten worse every year that he's been in the league. McConnell is a special talent.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Sabonis plays for Lithuania but yes name does not really matter. Lopez guys are at least partially black just by hair I guess. Doug McDermott, TJ McConnell, and Cody Zeller among better white americans not mentioned.
    None of those guys worthy of representing america in the olympics. If all the top guys were good to go, you wouldn't even see losers like Khris Middleton be allowed to participate.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

No pros should be there. Disgusting

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No pros should be there. Disgusting
    Olympics is a bragging rights contest to see who is the best in the world at their craft. Without professionals, such a contest cannot exist. There'd be no purpose to it.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^ I bet that ALL WHITE AMERICAN NBA OLYMPIC team if coached up would medal in the up coming Olympics for America.
    and this is what they'd receive for participating, sorry jibs that team wouldnt medal

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Looks like this is it...
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...b1qjssbqyg4lym

Pos. Name Team Olympic Experience
    F Kevin Durant Nets 2012, 2016
    G Damian Lillard Trail Blazers
    G Devin Booker Suns
    F Jayson Tatum Celtics
    G Bradley Beal Wizards
    G Zach LaVine Bulls
    F/C Kevin Love Cavaliers 2012
    F/C Draymond Green Warriors 2016
    F/C Bam Adebayo Heat
    F Khris Middleton Bucks
    G Jrue Holiday Bucks
    F Jerami Grant Pistons
    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    So who's the starting center in that group above?

Adebayo?
    Those guards and forwards are getting Love a Gold medal.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    and this is what they'd receive for participating, sorry jibs that team wouldnt medal

Toler what's up...one of the reasonable people that i rarely agreed with on anything but i like anyway

Take it easy on jibbbbbbs

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Toler what's up...one of the reasonable people that i rarely agreed with on anything but i like anyway

Of course you agreed with him. Conspiracy theory nutjob like you.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Of course you agreed with him. Conspiracy theory nutjob like you.
    Twist one of the most quality dudes here, and Im certain he doesn't care what you think of him

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know all the rules but believe as long as he's an American national he's good to go...

But even if not how about
    Anthony Davis
    Paul George
    Zion Williamson
    Kawai Leonard
    Andre Drummond
    Julius Randle
    Christian Wood

All light years ahead of that sorry, token ass white boy
    Most of those players don’t want to play because they don’t want to risk injury you dumb shit.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10335

Team USA's 12-man roster

1. Bam Adebayo: This marks the Heat star's first-ever participation in an international tournament. In 2019, Adebayo was cut from the Team USA squad that went to the World Cup.
    2. Bradley Beal: The Washington Wizards guard has never participated in the Olympics but has been a finalist on numerous occasions.
    3. Devin Booker: The Phoenix Suns guard has never participated in the Olympics before.
    4. Kevin Durant: The Brooklyn Nets star was part of Team USA's gold medal rosters in 2012 and 2016.
    5. Jerami Grant: The Detroit Pistons forward has never competed at the senior level with Team USA, but he was part of the under 18 FIBA Americas championship squad that took home gold in Brazil in 2012.
    6. Draymond Green: The Golden State Warriors forward won gold for Team USA at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
    7. Jrue Holiday: The Milwaukee Bucks guard has never competed in the Olympics, but was previously a member of the 2012 USA Select Team that trained with and against Team USA ahead of the 2012 London Games.
    8. Zach LaVine: This marks the Chicago Bulls' star's first-ever participation in an international tournament. Following a breakout 2020-21 season in which he was named to his first All-Star Game, LaVine's inclusion on the roster is certainly deserving.
    9. Damian Lillard: The Portland Trail Blazers guard has never participated in the Olympics but has been a finalist on numerous occasions.
    10. Kevin Love: The Cleveland Cavaliers forward won a gold medal with Team USA at the 2012 London Olympics, and was a member of the USA team that won gold during the FIBA World Cup in 2010.
    11. Khris Middleton: The Milwaukee Bucks forward has never competed on the Olympic stage, but was a member of Team USA during the seventh-place finish of the FIBA World Cup in 2019.
    12. Jayson Tatum: The Boston Celtics forward has never participated in the Olympics, but was a member of the 2019 USA World Cup Team.

.~~~
    Confirmed to have declined

The following players have either confirmed themselves that they are not playing, or reports have indicated that they declined:

LeBron James: The Los Angeles Lakers forward confirmed that he plans to spend his offseason resting and promoting his upcoming Space Jam sequel. James played for Team USA in 2004, 2008 and 2012.

• Anthony Davis: LeBron's Lakers teammate is not expected to play for Team USA either, according to The Athletic's Joe Vardon. Davis wore red, white and blue at the 2012 Olympics, earning a gold medal before ever playing an NBA game.
    • Jimmy Butler: Miami's star forward has declined an invitation to play for Team USA, according to The Miami Herald's Anthony Chiang. The Heat, like the Lakers, had less than three months off after the 2020 NBA Finals, so Butler will focus on rest and recovery after Miami lost its first-round series to Milwaukee.
    • Stephen Curry: The Golden State Warriors guard has opted against playing in the Tokyo Olympics, per Shams Charania and Anthony Slater of The Athletic. Curry has never been part of a Team USA roster that competed in the Olympics.
    • Donovan Mitchell: The Utah Jazz star has declined an invitation to play for Team USA in the Tokyo Olympics, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Rather than play in the Olympics, Mitchell plans to use the time off to rest and rehab his injured ankle.
    • Chris Paul: The Phoenix Suns guard has declined an invitation to play in the 2020 Games, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Paul, a a two-time Olympic gold medalist for Team USA (2008, 2012), was reportedly expected to pass if his Suns reached the NBA Finals.
    • Kye Lowry: The Toronto Raptors guard has reportedly declined an invitation to play in the Tokyo Olympics, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Lowry's impending free agency this summer was the reason he declined the invitation.
    • James Harden: Although Harden originally committed to playing for Team USA, he reportedly withdrew his name due to the hamstring injury that hampered him throughout the playoffs with the Brooklyn Nets, per The Athletic's Shams Charania.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I like the list of who declined 19th Hole.

Good post.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post

wut a pleasant surprise, hope all is well

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Draymond Green bringing the nut shot to Olympic team basketball.

Gonna get Kevin Love a gold medal.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11186

Is Sabonis American ?

Sabonis was born in the US, which would automatically make him American but he has duel citizenship with Lithuania, which he's played for because he hasn't made the US team. I'm sure if USA basketball offered him a spot, he would prefer to play for us.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Sabonis was born in the US, which would automatically make him American but he has duel citizenship with Lithuania, which he's played for because he hasn't made the US team. I'm sure if USA basketball offered him a spot, he would prefer to play for us.
    Is that a joke? His dad was Arvydas. He's proud of his heritage. Not proud of being from a mongrel nation.

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

Jalen Rose said it best

Tokenism

Disappointed that they did not give Love's spot to Ayton and send an all black team

Had to have to the token white guy

Absolutely no other explanation

Hopefully Love steps aside
    Jalen Rose is a moron. The 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2016 teams were all black. So the narrative that they needed a "token" white guy is a major fail.

Not saying that Love should be on the team. But Deandre Ayton isn't even a U.S. Citizen. Another stupid take.

IBetYou

Rose likes to stir shit up. He did it with Webber-Michigan and I also remember him calling Grant Hill an uncle Tom. He's trash basically. Trash content, trash audience.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of people calling for Rose to get fired

He is black trash thats all and he knows he is b0ttom of barrel society group

IBetYou

If he wants to stir up race shit then how about the fact every time I (accidentally) catch the national anthem nit it's a black man or woman? EVERY TIME lol

IBetYou

NBA hates white Americans but they expect them to tune in, and surprisingly they do.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

White Americans are the ones that buy the luxury suites and prime seats..
    NBA shooting themselves in the foot with all this BLM Bullchit.
    I know I will never spend another dime to go to an NBA game. I'll just make money and wager on it.
    It's all about the Dodgers here in LA anyway

rm18
    Update your status

Definitely decent % but I went to All Star Weekend in Chicago almost all black folks and those tiks not cheap.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11186

Brook Lopez with 33 points, 7 reb, 4 blocks. He definitely should be on Team USA.

First 1234567 Last