LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Oklahoma could score 40 on Bama. They would give up 70, but score 40.

Georgia this season is not Georgia of last season. Alabama will be double digit favorites from here until they hoist the trophy.

Michigan would get wrecked. Notre Dame? Not a chance.

Clemson will hang for a half but I could see it getting ugly after that with these two teams this season.
    Oklahoma would NOT score 40, Sooners never face defense like Bama has in Big 12.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    i think you guys are going to be maxing UM
    I am not making any predictions on the game here, I could very well end up being on Notre Dame. I am just saying what the line would be.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I am not making any predictions on the game here, I could very well end up being on Notre Dame. I am just saying what the line would be.
    and if my line is correct, you'd be maxing UM

pay attention

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Kelly maintains Notre Dame doesn’t beat Michigan in the opener (24-17) if Wimbush isn’t the starter — and finisher — for the Irish in that game.

“We needed Brandon against Michigan, because of Michigan’s defense, first and foremost,” Kelly said. “The whole offseason was focused on Brandon beating Michigan. (Running backs) Jafar Armstrong and Tony Jones were not ready. (Wide receiver), Kevin Austin wasn’t ready. This offense was not mature enough going into the Michigan game.

“The playmaker on our offense was Brandon Wimbush. It needed to center around him to beat Michigan. Then the next two weeks, those (other) kids needed to mature, and then we needed to make this decision that we did relative to the quarterback position.”

https://www.ndinsider.com/football/a...dfab54239.html

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Are those actual odds or your odds? Because if it's 17 over Oklahoma and Ohio State and 14 over Michigan, I'll bet my whole life savings on Alabama. They would obliterate those teams. Oklahoma couldn't shut down Texas Tech, how would they stop 'Bama? The only spreads I might go against Bama is Clemson because I think Clemson can keep it within a touchdown and Notre Dame because I think Notre Dame's defense is so good and has NFL talent and they can keep that game within a couple scores.
    Did you see that 2013 BCS championship game? Cause I did. Pretty sure all the "experts" said that ND had a really strong D then as well. Remember Manti Te'o and his imaginary girlfriend? That was one glorious ass whooping.

My point being this. This Bama team is a whole lot better than that one.

reigle9

This ND D is better than that one for sure. That year was smoke and mirrors.

reigle9

Bama isn't losing so this is all pointless. Nobody heard of their best DL two months before the season, that's how overly loaded they are. They've always recruited superstar wr's but didn't have the O to showcase them. All of their wr's are nfl wr's. I don't even know how good Tua is, cause the rest of the team is loaded over loaded. Two top rb's. It doesn't end.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

as a fan, I am loving it this year. You never said never as far as losing. Miss State has a really good D line with a couple of players that could cause an issue. However, their DBs aren't as good as LSUs.

If only we had a kicker.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

I kinda feel bad cause I don't know the punter's name.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Does not change the fact that Michigan would be -7/-7.5 if they met again today.
    No it would not. If it was dumb enough to be set at that it would get bet down to 2 or 3 immediately. Michigan just barely beat NW and Mich State a couple weeks ago. Now everyone is going Gaga over them over one win at PSU. I’ll bet ND as underdog any day Of the week over Mich. Hell, they already beat them with their backup qb.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

you just agreed with someone that would get voted off the board 100-0 in a vote of 100 people

""

i'll never understand why dumb people think it's ok to express opinion
    FWIW, wasn't agreeing with anyone. More like laughing at numbnuts repeated use of the term "caca" (pretty much every other post since he started). I even highlighted it in the quote, but I guess that went right over your head.

LT Profits

and if my line is correct, you'd be maxing UM

pay attention
    Difference is, I am not totally guessing. There were a bunch of CFP lines out few weeks ago, but I am having hard time locating them.

LT Profits

No it would not. If it was dumb enough to be set at that it would get bet down to 2 or 3 immediately. Michigan just barely beat NW and Mich State a couple weeks ago. Now everyone is going Gaga over them over one win at PSU. I’ll bet ND as underdog any day Of the week over Mich. Hell, they already beat them with their backup qb.
    I wouldn't call -7/-7.5 "dumb", as I said, respected power ratings have it between -9 and -11, so the lookahead is already adjusted downward. I get that Sagarin is free but those ratings do look in line with the better well respected ones. Doubt books will be anxious to cross the key -7.

navyblue81

I wouldn't call -7/-7.5 "dumb", as I said, respected power ratings have it between -9 and -11, so the lookahead is already adjusted downward. I get that Sagarin is free but those ratings do look in line with the better well respected ones. Doubt books will be anxious to cross the key -7.
    It’s not going to be 7. I would call that dumb. The teams are pretty identical and one team already beat the other with a backup qbs and in similar opponents played ND looked better. It is dumb. The spread would be close to Even at kickoff.

LT Profits

It’s not going to be 7. I would call that dumb. The teams are pretty identical and one team already beat the other with a backup qbs and in similar opponents played ND looked better. It is dumb. The spread would be close to Even at kickoff.
    You are not getting that lines do not vary from the power ratings the books use by THAT much, especially when key numbers are involved. You are basing your line simply on opinion and putting a ton of weight on one head-to-head meeting. Actual ratings are far more complex than that and they incorporate full body of work.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

its simple to prove the value or closeness of Sag, just look at saturdays games and the current lines and compare them to Sag, you can see they are pretty close most of the time. I would guess to say Sag is better than 90% of "peoples" PRs

navyblue81

You are not getting that lines do not vary from the power ratings the books use by THAT much, especially when key numbers are involved. You are basing your line simply on opinion and putting a ton of weight on one head-to-head meeting. Actual ratings are far more complex than that and they incorporate full body of work.
    If it truly is that high, then Michigan is the most overrated team in the history of college football. Even a professional handicapper said just last week that the spread between ND-UM would be even. So now because of one win over Penn State it’s 7? I just have a hard time believing that.

danshan11

it will be closer to 10, unless some major injury comes up

LT Profits

If it truly is that high, then Michigan is the most overrated team in the history of college football. Even a professional handicapper said just last week that the spread between ND-UM would be even. So now because of one win over Penn State it’s 7? I just have a hard time believing that.
    Was probably wider than even before last week, most times, so called "professionals" are anything but.

And the current consensus seems to have Michigan as the third highest power ranked team in the country right now with Notre Dame in the 11-14 range. It really does not matter if we agree or disagree, it is what it is.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    it will be closer to 10, unless some major injury comes up
    Closer to 7/7.5, perception would adjust pure ratings downward, not upward.

danshan11

ok say 7-9.5 I agree closer to 9 but anything under 7 would be insane

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1748

Teams get better as the season goes on. Lot of progression from the very first game. Michigan would smoke Nd
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

I admit I am going off of memory here, but a lot of these CFP lookaheads were up a couple of weeks ago, I think at Westgate?
    They are -8.5 against Clemson today. It seems like a lot of people are claiming an 8.5 point underdog could never possibly win a football game.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    They are -8.5 against Clemson today. It seems like a lot of people are claiming an 8.5 point underdog could never possibly win a football game.
    They certainly can but the original question is pretty valid considering only 1 team in the country would not be a double digit dog on a neutral site.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Big ten is a joke. We will see who Clemson is on how badly they crush BC and the other acc champion. ND and whoever the 4th team are don’t stand a chance.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

WVU............

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Teams get better as the season goes on. Lot of progression from the very first game. Michigan would smoke Nd
    You don’t think Notre Dame has gotten better? They started Brandon Wimbush at quarterback against Michigan LOL that is 100 times better than they were week one.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Good post........
    Points Awarded:

Itsamazing777 gave PAULYPOKER 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

ND would easily win by 5 touchdowns against Michigan. Game would be over at first 5 mins.
    Points Awarded:

Itsamazing777 gave bonzaii 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

NavyBlue will never get it lol. No sense in arguing with him. Reality won't set in until its too late. Game was at ND, Michigan had a new OL coach settling guys in, new QB and still had a chance to win. Doesn't matter anyway because teams aren't going to play till next season.
    Last edited by bonzaii; 11-06-18 at 04:27 PM.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

I do think that any line over 7 is ridiculous though even based on what the numbers say. Would most likely be another tough fought game.

PAULYPOKER

If Mich. beats OSU then Nth Western in the championship, they're in.........

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    NavyBlue will never get it lol. No sense in arguing with him. Reality won't set in until its too late. Game was at ND, Michigan had a new OL coach settling guys in, new QB and still had a chance to win. Doesn't matter anyway because teams aren't going to play till next season.
    I've just watched both teams a lot this year. And I mean a lot. I've watched both teams play Northwestern at Northwestern and both games were recent. I think the teams are mirror images of each other. I do think ND is slightly better defensively, but Michigan slightly better offensively. If the game's at Michigan, I'll take Michigan. If at ND, I'll take ND. Neutral site? Flip of the coin. I think lines show Michigan because they just beat Penn State by a lot, but two weeks ago when they barely scraped by NW and Michigan State, it was a different story.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

on another note every year late there are many upsets it will be interesting to see the teams that lose in the next 3 weeks.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-06-18 at 10:18 PM.

luvtogamble
    luvtogamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5459

no team in college stays within 14 points of them this year. have to go to NFL to get a team to beat them

First 12345 Last