swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6566

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    How many times do I have to tell you to shut the f**k up and stop running your ignorant mouth? That piece of crap team of yours that you think is so great was nothing more than a disgrace last Saturday against Michigan. The person who you said was the best player in the NFL, Saquon Barkley is not even in the top 10 rushing leaders. You are one sick homer who does not know caca about football. YOU will not tell ANYONE who you will take lip from and who you will not take lip from. If you do not want to read what others think about you and your stupid idiotic rantings, then use the ignore button. Now get the hell out of here, you worthless ignorant fool.
    /thread

maggieballs
    maggieballs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 549

Clemson has a chance.

Anything is possible

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Iowa State or University of Pittsburgh can beat Alabama, in-fact either Iowa State or Pitt can beat an Alabama caliber team one week and fold a week later and loose to Youngstown State the next.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

LOL - BAMA would spank the Boys tonight [ Cowboys that is and the lower half of nfl teams ] !! LOL - BAMA is untouchable by NCAA teams , they are all by them self in different league !!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by maggieballs View Post
    Clemson has a chance.

Anything is possible
    Clemson is the consensus second best team in the country and Alabama would be favored by 10.5 against them. Only team that can beat Alabama is Alabama by taking a team too lightly, no team can beat a motivate Tide team this year as long as Tua remains healthy. That is what sets this Bama team apart from past ones, the 2018 version actually has a real QB instead of just a game manager.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hot Jerry

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

^^ As of today, Alabama would be 5 point favorites but they would win by at 2 touchdowns.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    ^^ As of today, Alabama would be 5 point favorites but they would win by at 2 touchdowns.
    5 points over who? Alabama would be double-digits over any team in the country.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    5 points over who? Alabama would be double-digits over any team in the country.
    They will be 10-13 over UGA
    Correct

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    They will be 10-13 over UGA
    Correct
    -10.5 over Clemson
    -14 over Georgia
    -14 over Michigan
    -17 over Ohio State
    -17 over Oklahoma
    -21 over Notre Dame
    -21.5 over West Virginia

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6669

I believe and Michigan and Notre Dame have already played each other. Need I remind you people about who won that game? Need I also remind you people that Michigan still has a trip to Columbus Ohio coming up, and Harbaugh always seems to find a way to lose a game there. If he cannot defeat Urban Meyer this year, he may as well just move on. It really does not matter. The only two teams that have a reasonable shot at defeating Alabama are Clemson and Georgia.
    Actually agree a lot with this. Too many people are falling in love with Michigan based on a win against a weak Penn State team. Don't forget Penn State gave up a ton of yards to Indiana just a couple weeks ago and two weeks Michigan played in Lansing and were in danger of losing, struggling to score. People have short term memories around here. While I don't think Ohio State is all that great a team, either, I do think they have a good shot at beating Michigan in Columbus.

Don't get me wrong, I think Michigan is a very strong team. But to say they're better than Notre Dame just because they beat up on Penn State last week? Both teams played at Northwestern and Notre Dame dominated NW more than Michigan did. And Michigan lost to Notre Dame when Brandon Wimbush played quarterback. I'll still take Notre Dame over Michigan any day, but I think Michigan is right behind the Irish.

navyblue81

-10.5 over Clemson
    -14 over Georgia
    -14 over Michigan
    -17 over Ohio State
    -17 over Oklahoma
    -21 over Notre Dame
    -21.5 over West Virginia
    Are those actual odds or your odds? Because if it's 17 over Oklahoma and Ohio State and 14 over Michigan, I'll bet my whole life savings on Alabama. They would obliterate those teams. Oklahoma couldn't shut down Texas Tech, how would they stop 'Bama? The only spreads I might go against Bama is Clemson because I think Clemson can keep it within a touchdown and Notre Dame because I think Notre Dame's defense is so good and has NFL talent and they can keep that game within a couple scores.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Actually agree a lot with this. Too many people are falling in love with Michigan based on a win against a weak Penn State team. Don't forget Penn State gave up a ton of yards to Indiana just a couple weeks ago and two weeks Michigan played in Lansing and were in danger of losing, struggling to score. People have short term memories around here. While I don't think Ohio State is all that great a team, either, I do think they have a good shot at beating Michigan in Columbus.

Don't get me wrong, I think Michigan is a very strong team. But to say they're better than Notre Dame just because they beat up on Penn State last week? Both teams played at Northwestern and Notre Dame dominated NW more than Michigan did. And Michigan lost to Notre Dame when Brandon Wimbush played quarterback. I'll still take Notre Dame over Michigan any day, but I think Michigan is right behind the Irish.
    But if Michigan beats Ohio State and then wins Big Ten, that opening loss to Notre Dame becomes just about meaningless in eyes of committee. Michigan could easily get 3-seed with undefeated Notre Dame seeded 4th.

LT Profits

Are those actual odds or your odds? Because if it's 17 over Oklahoma and Ohio State and 14 over Michigan, I'll bet my whole life savings on Alabama. They would obliterate those teams. Oklahoma couldn't shut down Texas Tech, how would they stop 'Bama? The only spreads I might go against Bama is Clemson because I think Clemson can keep it within a touchdown and Notre Dame because I think Notre Dame's defense is so good and has NFL talent and they can keep that game within a couple scores.
    I admit I am going off of memory here, but a lot of these CFP lookaheads were up a couple of weeks ago, I think at Westgate?

navyblue81

But if Michigan beats Ohio State and then wins Big Ten, that opening loss to Notre Dame becomes just about meaningless in eyes of committee. Michigan could easily get 3-seed with undefeated Notre Dame seeded 4th.
    They won't move ahead of Notre Dame. ND would be undefeated for one, Michigan 1-loss PLUS they'd have the head-to-head over them. Not only that, Notre Dame's win over Michigan was pretty convincing. Michigan had a late run there to make it close, but Notre Dame was blowing them out the large part of that game with their backup qb. There's no chance Michigan would pass ND. Plus in common opponents, ND was more dominant at NW than Michigan was.

LT Profits

They won't move ahead of Notre Dame. ND would be undefeated for one, Michigan 1-loss PLUS they'd have the head-to-head over them. Not only that, Notre Dame's win over Michigan was pretty convincing. Michigan had a late run there to make it close, but Notre Dame was blowing them out the large part of that game with their backup qb. There's no chance Michigan would pass ND. Plus in common opponents, ND was more dominant at NW than Michigan was.
    But Notre Dame with easier schedule overall. But who knows, committee SAYS they place more weight on conference champs and then usually contradict that with the selections. There really is no criteria other than selecting the "4 best teams", which is extremely vague with no consistent rules.

LT Profits

Oh, forgot to state the obvious, Michigan would be favored over Notre Dame, should that not be enough to rank Wolverines ahead of Irish?

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Oh, forgot to state the obvious, Michigan would be favored over Notre Dame, should that not be enough to rank Wolverines ahead of Irish?
    reality doesn't matter to these kinds of people

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    /thread
    you just agreed with someone that would get voted off the board 100-0 in a vote of 100 people

""

i'll never understand why dumb people think it's ok to express opinion

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Blue -9?

reigle9

How many times do I have to tell you to shut the f**k up and stop running your ignorant mouth? That piece of crap team of yours that you think is so great was nothing more than a disgrace last Saturday against Michigan. The person who you said was the best player in the NFL, Saquon Barkley is not even in the top 10 rushing leaders. You are one sick homer who does not know caca about football. YOU will not tell ANYONE who you will take lip from and who you will not take lip from. If you do not want to read what others think about you and your stupid idiotic rantings, then use the ignore button. Now get the hell out of here, you worthless ignorant fool.
    you can say it all you want, and i'll laugh every single time that you don't think you're the #1 joke on here about cfb

you're more delusional than liberals, they're just fukkin brain dead and can't help it

how big is your cokk? do you even have one or did it get bit off in some dog rape incident? i'm trying to figure out how someone can be as terrible as you are...this is not hyperbole, you are the single worse person i've ever encountered in my 20 years on the internet

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Blue -9?
    nah it would be close neutral field, prob open -2' UM

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    nah it would be close neutral field, prob open -2' UM
    I was gonna say -7 for betting purposes but went ahead with -9 because UM has played a tougher schedule about 30 places higher than ND. they are power rated 9 pts better than notre dame.

reigle9

I was gonna say -7 for betting purposes but went ahead with -9 because UM has played a much tougher schedule. they are power rated 9 pts better than notre dame.
    whose pr?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    whose pr?
    sagarin if u care for him

reigle9

had to make sure i wasnt looking at the wrong teams lol

i see it being about 1-2 pr, but UM is the better team, but nd has the sucker money...not going to make it 1 or 2, so i went with 2' to see which way the money went

navyblue81

Dude, Notre Dame beat them and beat them pretty bad with Brandon Wimbush at qb. The Irish are a lot better team now than then. After Michigan’s game with MSU, it said Nd would be favored, but because people are falling in love with how UM looked against PSU, that’s tilted the other way. I’ve said over and over ND and UM are pretty identical. Dominant defenses, similar offenses. But ND has the edge in that they beat them and have looked better in games with common opponents. ND should be ranked ahead of them. Evidence shows they have the edge.

reigle9

sagarin if u care for him
    no better or worse than anyone else i guess, dont really pay attn to him but has been around forever

jtoler

Last edited by jtoler; 11-06-18 at 07:08 AM.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25135

I can't see a scenario where Michigan gets a 3 seed over an undefeated ND.
    Points Awarded:

kidkonggolf gave downsouth 2750 Betpoint(s) for this post.

saeker
    saeker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

91 Miami Hurricanes

LT Profits

Blue -9?
    I think juiced -7 or flat -7.5

LT Profits

Dude, Notre Dame beat them and beat them pretty bad with Brandon Wimbush at qb. The Irish are a lot better team now than then. After Michigan’s game with MSU, it said Nd would be favored, but because people are falling in love with how UM looked against PSU, that’s tilted the other way. I’ve said over and over ND and UM are pretty identical. Dominant defenses, similar offenses. But ND has the edge in that they beat them and have looked better in games with common opponents. ND should be ranked ahead of them. Evidence shows they have the edge.
    Does not change the fact that Michigan would be -7/-7.5 if they met again today.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    I can't see a scenario where Michigan gets a 3 seed over an undefeated ND.
    I like to look at things from a gambling perspective and many reliable power ratings have Michigan third in the country right now and Notre Dame as a fringe top 10 team (Sagarin is not alone in those sentiments), And those power ratings have Michigan anywhere from -9 to -11, although i think my -7/-7.5 is more accurate.

reigle9

I think juiced -7 or flat -7.5
    i think you guys are going to be maxing UM

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma could score 40 on Bama. They would give up 70, but score 40.

Georgia this season is not Georgia of last season. Alabama will be double digit favorites from here until they hoist the trophy.

Michigan would get wrecked. Notre Dame? Not a chance.

Clemson will hang for a half but I could see it getting ugly after that with these two teams this season.

First 12345 Last