jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Any gains are good even if slow

Long process and he seems determined.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17999

Check both threads every day. Hang in there! Making progress!!!!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Eat, sleep, workout!

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12097

Quote Originally Posted by Poker_Beast View Post
    Check both threads every day. Hang in there! Making progress!!!!
    Ditto.

Its great to see the small gains

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

One day at a time! BigDay’s got this! Tough as nails. He will be back!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

so glad he's getting better keep fighting big day day by day u got this

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9320

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Update:

Room with a view. We Moved!

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 40 minutes ago
    Good evening, #TeamAndy:

Today we moved into our new space at Bethesda Hospital (LTAC). When I returned to Andy this morning, he was talking to me (lips only) and I thought he said Bethesda, then I asked if the doctors were in, he told me yes. I asked if they talked about Bethesda, he said yes. I asked if he was sure, he replied YES! Well, I really thought he was confused and only said Bethesda because he knew I was going touring it. So I stepped out of his room and asked the ICU team if they had been in already. The team of doctors stated that they had been in and spoke with Andy. Well after a conversation with the team, Andy was telling me exactly what they said, he was transferring to Bethesda in the afternoon!

We are settling in and hopeful that the recovery will continue. Andy is determined and willing to do the work and making progress daily. Of course it is not at the rate he would like it AND we are going to celebrate the gains!

Grateful,

Mindy

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Sports book deposits down in the midwest Come on Bigday!!!

FIGHT!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47638

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    Sports book deposits down in the midwest Come on Bigday!!!

FIGHT!

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    After watching that, I can picture him with a computer screen with SBR on it and posting "Pound the ****er!" lol

rollie_t651

[IMG]Coming Soon

rollie_t651

Just saw MMAchicka and Andy’s Mom. It was a great day for BigDay!!
    Last edited by rollie_t651; 09-27-18 at 04:42 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47638

Quote Originally Posted by rollie_t651 View Post
    Just had saw MMAchicka and Andy’s Mom. It was a great day for BigDay!!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by rollie_t651 View Post
    Just saw MMAchicka and Andy’s Mom. It was a great day for BigDay!!
    Vikes don't know how to win without him.

jjgold

Ok Bigday we expect a video in 1 month from today

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Bump for BIGDAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    For cash donations you can use the link below:

https://www.gofundme.com/the-mcbride-family

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

jjgold

Updates been quiet

They are probably to busy rehabilitation

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Don't think this got into this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Really nice update! Keep fighting Bigday!

H3 D3

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 1 hour ago
    Each and every post I debate on how to title it, today I decided H3 D3 which means Hospital 3 Day 3.

Yesterday, Andy had a blue die test. The objective was to find out if Andy was aspirating, the test in fact did find that he was. Today the team decided to change his trach to a Bivona which is smaller and they thought it would be a better fit for Andy. During speech this morning they did another blue die test to see if he was aspirating with his new trach... and so far things look really good! They then decided he could have a speaking valve on. It is so fun to understand him better. A couple quotes I MUST share are: That mosquito must have been 7 feet tall! and I sound like a monster. He also told his RT that she ruled and that she is good at reading lips and I am not. He shared a voice message with a couple of friends: hey guys, nice fish! We did hear some words when at Regions during his speech time as well but today he got to keep his speaking valve on since he was doing so well! We are working on strengthening his lungs and making sure he is increasing his volume when talking and keeping his valve on longer!

Today he worked hard with OT and PT as well! In PT he was able to hold his neck longer and did some moving/looking side to side. I mean this man is dedicated and amazing. While filling out 'About Me' poster one of the questions was, what makes you happy? He said, Mindy Babe, kids and fishing. When I asked what makes him frustrated he said, picking up dog poop and when the fridge doesn't have beer. I mean I don't want to brag but I think his cognition is there!!! WOW!

Dear God, we thank you for the support and the strides that Andy is making while battling this West Nile. Lord we ask that you please continue to help strengthen Andy's voice so that he is able to advocate for himself and to strengthen his muscles so he can reach his goal of walking. Lord, we walk with you in this journey and are grateful for your guidance along the way. We ask this in Jesus' name, Amen.

#TeamAndy

With love,

Mindy

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

H3 D5

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 4 hours ago
    Hospital 3 Day 5= H3 D5

Good evening, #TeamAndy:

Yesterday Andy had the privilege of having food for the first time in 31 days. He was given bright green applesauce and blue ice chips (see pic below) as they looked for food aspiration. He did notice some of the applesauce sticking to the back of his throat. His speech therapist stated he could have ice chips all weekend to continue to help strengthen his muscles for swallowing.

Today Andy did not have any therapies which gives him a day of rest. I will say that he is such a trooper, he told me that he wanted to give up yesterday and knew he had to keep trying while he was in a chair that assisted him to standing (see pic below). This lead us to a very deep conversation where we talked about frustration and giving up. I continue to let him know how proud I am of him, he is stuck on how weak he is and how long it will take him. We had a moment where we shared tears and discussed how lucky we are that he is still here and that it wasn't his time. I continued to remind him that when things get tough, to think about his second chance, us that need him, and that it is ok to be frustrated during the times but not to get stuck in it.

We were able to lighten it up with a little more conversation about the damn mosquito that bit him. If you have been following along our journey, you will know that Andy and I originally thought that his illness before leaving for Las Vegas was from swimming in Toxic Green Algae while camping at Lake Byllesby in Cannon Falls, MN. Tonight he stated that the damn mosquito was drinking the green algae before it bit him in his ass. I love that he has his wit! He also asked me to turn the t.v. to A&E, does anyone know what show he wanted?

In church on Sunday we discussed the power or prayer, how fitting for our circumstance. One of the prayers was specific prayers. I kindly ask that you use specific prayers as you pray for us, some things you can pray about are: Andy standing, gaining trunk strength, strengthening his voice and weaning off of the vent. Thank you #TeamAndy for all your support!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB, and rkelly110

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Huge physical and mental battle. Bigday continues to fight.

We all shed tears with them, and at the same time, know he’ll continue to improve.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

I pray everyday for Andy

Optional

Inspiring family. I hope it gets easier for them all soon.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

3 D7

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 4 hours ago
    Hospital 3, Day 7

Good afternoon, #TeamAndy:

I want to share a couple of things with you! Our amazing peeps have been working hard to support us.
    We are so grateful for all the love and support that you have poured onto us. We can't thank you enough!

On Saturday, October 6th there will be a UFC showing at our neighbors where Miller Lite will be on tap and open donation.

On Saturday, October 13th another neighborhood gathering where you can get your very on #TeamAndy shirts for $20. (I will share more details soon)

A new order of #TeamAndy bracelets have arrived and are available through Molly (Fargo), Kevin (Hastings), and Mindy McBride (St. Paul/ Rosemount) along with the Jeromie Taylor (Bismark) and Stacey Schoemer (Kenmare), Karen Sukert and Tia DeNault (Bemidji).

GoFundMe

I think Andy would love to get mail to keep him going! If it speaks to you to send a note, memory, or anything at all, here is the address:

Andrew McBride
    Bethesda Hospital
    559 N. Capitol Blvd.
    Room #W581
    St. Paul, MN 55103

Thanks again to the amazing #TeamAndy people!

With love,

Mindy

• heart

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 436

Good job Bigday! Keep up the good work!
    Your almost home buddy!

#TeamAndy
    #PoundPlays

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Can we re-sticky this thread? Not sure why it's not at the top until further notice.

jjgold

What a fight this is

Once he gets through this the rest of his life is going to be very easy. It seems he is slowly improving but not as fast as I thought.

Let’s go Bigday we are all rooting for you.

rollie_t651

Happy Birthday MMAchicka

rollie_t651

Can’t wait for Saturday Night! Hosting family and friends for the UFC Fight in honor of Andy! Gonna be epic! Gonna have a special guest in MN this weekend too!

jjgold

Who is the guest ?

rollie_t651

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who is the guest ?
    Good ole, Booya!

Cardinals01
    Cardinals01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6827

Continued prayers for BigDay, keep pushing in the therapy sessions. Please keep the updates coming.

jjgold

Wow Booya!
    Get a video

Any reports on Elk?

Anything positive?

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

H3 D9

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 13 hours ago
    Today marks a very special day, for multiple reasons.

#1 Elsa got to see Andy!!
    This is the first time Elsa has seen her dad since August 23rd when he left for Las Vegas. Today she shared a hug from a neighbor, hand squeezes, updates on dance and softball and a little bit of anxiousness. Before we left the driveway she shared an "EEEEK" I asked what is wrong and she stated she was just so excited to see daddy. Although she was a little timid upon entering and during the visit, when we got back into the truck, she asked when she could see him again!

#2 It is my birthday, 39 and holding...
    Today I was blessed with an amazing day! Morning with Elsa and Andy, a massage, getting my hair done, and dinner with my amazing girls! Although the times are tough, the blessings are plenty. Thank you all for the amazing birthday wishes!

#3 Returning to work
    Today my paperwork was accepted for me to return to work! I am so excited to meet the students of my new school and get back into some routines!

#4 The ventilator!
    Today was day 2 of Andy not being put back on the ventilator for the night! This means he spent both of the nights off of his ventilator, breathing on his own! They did a blood gas, which tests his oxygen level and it was great!

Andy continues to fight hard and get stronger everyday. We are blessed for his resilience and determination!

If you believe in the power of prayer, please pray for: Andy to be in less pain, build strength, continue to find success in being off the ventilator.

#TeamAndy

With gratitude,

Mindy

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Breathing better on his own, this very good news.

That road to recovery is a long one but he's well on his way!!!

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Awesome work beerdog keeping the boards up to date.

Booya gonna be in Minny can't wait for the reports!

First ... 131415161718 Last