ForumvilleLoL
    Why not me ?
    ForumvilleLoL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3042

BigDays Wife is the definition of "unconditional love" which has been absolutely lost for any marriage that has occurred after the year 2000. For the most part always rare exceptions.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by ForumvilleLoL View Post
    BigDays Wife is the definition of "unconditional love" which has been absolutely lost for any marriage that has occurred after the year 2000. For the most part always rare exceptions.
    I don't think the world is that bad.

But I have wondered if I could be this devoted and upbeat for my partner if faced with this.

Or stay strong and keep positive enough to keep up the big therapy workload for months if in Bigday's place.

Would definitely make a good script for one of those inspirational and heart warming day time movies.

Especially with a feel good ending...

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

how's bigday doing still getting better, rollie any updates

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

I believe he’s being moved to another facility. The place he is going is great. I anticipate MMAChicka updating us all soon.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

H5 Day 1

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — Nov 27, 2018
    H5, well technically it is not a hospital it is a skilled nursing facility/transitional care and to keep things simple I will refer to it as H5 J. We made the move to Courage Kenny in Golden Valley where Andy will be taking the next step in his recovery. Today he already had evaluations with speech, OT and PT. During his speech session she asked the assistive technology person about accommodations for Andy. Within an hour he had an Alexa and Harmony Hub. It is amazing what an Alexa can do! His set up allows him to call the nurse, call people in his phone list, drop in to our Alexa at home, turn on his T.V. and change the channels! Today was the first time Andy allowed for me to play music (3 months!). The first song we heard was, Jimmie Allen’s, Best Shot and it brought tears to his eyes. Andy stated this was his theme song now and he promised to give it his best shot and thanked me for finding him a great place and everything I have done.
    As I check the current travel time it states one hour, to get home in the five o’clock hour. My concerns are times when the snow hits! We will adjust to our new reality of not seeing each other every day and work through the next steps. This holiday season definitely will be different. The move to Courage Kenny was the best decision in order to continue to make gains!
    Although there are more miles between us, I am so excited what technology will do to help keep us connected and able communicate!
    Of course, Andy loves mail and it lifts his spirits. Here is his new mailing address.
    Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
    3925 Golden Valley Road
    MR #78440
    Golden Valley, MN 55422
    #TeamAndy thank you for all your prayers and well wishes. Today’s transition went well! We hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for!
    Love,
    Mindy

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gradual steps ok

Can’t wait when he can post !!!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

H5 D4

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — Nov 30, 2018
    Well the view from Andy's room is amazing, the other day the ducks were coming in to land in the creek just below the walking path. When speaking with the doctor he stated Andy's visit here would be about 12 weeks. Yes, that means his journey will be over 6 months away from home. When he is ready to leave Courage Kenny they are hopeful he will make a couple steps. This means he will not be fully walking but they are hopeful it will all come back in due time (12-24 months).

Currently we are working on getting a handicap van so that Andy can access the community with us, as a family. Wow, life sure has thrown us a curve ball and we, the team are doing amazing coping with what God has given us. Of course there are the challenges of not seeing dad and the balance of life and for the most part #TeamAndy is doing well.

As for settling into Courage Kenny, Andy has already made the nursing aides laugh, smile and has been named the "most intelligent, nicest patient here" I truly believe it is because of his kind heart and gracious words. We continue to appreciate your kind hearts and gracious words and actions as well as we stay strong in the storm.

With love,

Mindy

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Girls visit

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — Dec 2, 2018
    Yesterday I was able to bring the girls up to see Andy. This was their first time visiting Courage Kenny and Andy gave us the grand tour. Elsa kept telling me, "Mom, let Dad go first, he is the one showing us everything!" After we were able to share hugs, kisses, smiles and work on some puzzles the girls headed home with Grammy.

Andy and I enjoyed watching the beautiful snow fall out of his amazing window view. I also gave him a hair cut! I will have to say it went much better than I anticipated!!

Andy is beginning to settle in and continues to work hard in each and everyone of his therapies. He even directed me how to change his shirt so that he could help push his arm through. Andy is very cognizant of his needs and is advocating for himself.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

KDWB Christmas Wish

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 29 minutes ago
    Hello friends, family and community. Last night we were blessed by Chip and Tina nominating us for KDWB's Christmas Wish. It was amazing to see the expressions on the girls faces and the glimmer in Andy's eyes. After the wish aired this morning, Andy called me using his fancy Alexa to check in. We were emotional wrecks last night and again this morning. We are just so grateful for the guidance of God, the support from all of you and the strength as we continue down this West Nile Journey.

I am beyond words to describe the emotions. If you are new to following our journey, thanks for joining #TeamAndy! You can find additional information here at our GoFundMe as we support Andy and the next steps for his medical needs. https://www.gofundme.com/2yytr-teamandy

If you missed the airing of KDWB Christmas Wish it can be found on their website soon! Plus we will have more pictures soon!

Here is a video of last night as well!

Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave cincinnatikid513 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave cincinnatikid513 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

More Like This!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Damn

That brought tears to my eyes

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Love you bro!!

That is great!

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

BigDay one tough muthafukkin sumbitch!!

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Damn that is emotional! Gonna take time but everything I've seen from him makes me believe he will definitely get back 100%. Stay strong Mindy and best wishes to the family.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Damn

That brought tears to my eyes
    Me too.

Keep fighting Andy!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This entire situation brought tears...

First time clicking on this thread.

Miss seeing your posts BigDay!

Prayers for the entire family.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

2018 FAST Global Summit in Angelman Syndrome

Watch the 2018 FAST Global Science Summit Live at:

https://cureangelman.org/gala-stream

firstclass
    firstclass's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4291

Wow Prayers for Bigday and his family... What a strong family !

matt711
    matt711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2458

Prayers to Bigday and his wonderful family

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Bigday should be post of the year easy along with his family. There shouldn't even be a fukin discussion.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

2020 renewal in, donation to Angleman's

First ... 15161718