Originally posted on 10/04/2018:

H3 D9

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 13 hours ago
Today marks a very special day, for multiple reasons.

#1 Elsa got to see Andy!!
This is the first time Elsa has seen her dad since August 23rd when he left for Las Vegas. Today she shared a hug from a neighbor, hand squeezes, updates on dance and softball and a little bit of anxiousness. Before we left the driveway she shared an "EEEEK" I asked what is wrong and she stated she was just so excited to see daddy. Although she was a little timid upon entering and during the visit, when we got back into the truck, she asked when she could see him again!

#2 It is my birthday, 39 and holding...
Today I was blessed with an amazing day! Morning with Elsa and Andy, a massage, getting my hair done, and dinner with my amazing girls! Although the times are tough, the blessings are plenty. Thank you all for the amazing birthday wishes!

#3 Returning to work
Today my paperwork was accepted for me to return to work! I am so excited to meet the students of my new school and get back into some routines!

#4 The ventilator!
Today was day 2 of Andy not being put back on the ventilator for the night! This means he spent both of the nights off of his ventilator, breathing on his own! They did a blood gas, which tests his oxygen level and it was great!

Andy continues to fight hard and get stronger everyday. We are blessed for his resilience and determination!

If you believe in the power of prayer, please pray for: Andy to be in less pain, build strength, continue to find success in being off the ventilator.

#TeamAndy

With gratitude,

Mindy