guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    You really gonna go there Josh? Bush didn't foresee shit and was too late in stimulus money. Your boy lied from day one about the virus.
    Few people foresaw anything, it was conventional wisdom in the Spring/Summer of 2008 that we weren't in a recession. Many people saw high inflation, and The Party passed through spending anyway.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Few people foresaw anything, it was conventional wisdom in the Spring/Summer of 2008 that we weren't in a recession. Many people saw high inflation, and The Party passed through spending anyway.
    they keep spending billions on "the ukraine" (aka crony defense contractors) rather than help american citizens... i'm sure the average citizen would love to hear exactly how much money bezos, gates, and defense contractors made the past 2 1/2 yrs while small businesses and churches were forced to close for no reason

let's all keep in mind that amazon and google are TRILLION dollar companies that get 100% of their profits from the us govt

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I think the markets are setting up for a big move here. Either we get that big dump and the head and shoulders thing plays out, or the markets close above the neck line of that very same head and shoulders chart pattern and there is one hellova short squeeze. Today's action was a buy the dip thing but all in all nothing to give a clue as to the next big move. Of course the game time will all start on Whipsaw Wednesday when the Fed comes out and tells us about the 0.75 or 1 point rate hike. Either way it doesn't matter, but I can't help but think that if it is the 1 point variety, markets will tanking.

milwaukee mike

i'm shocked that with all this inflation, gold and cryptos have been getting creamed

gold especially, it's supposed to move with inflation... through the course of history gold is supposed to maintain a similar level of buying power... i would've expected gold to be 4k at this point

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13605

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i'm shocked that with all this inflation, gold and cryptos have been getting creamed

gold especially, it's supposed to move with inflation... through the course of history gold is supposed to maintain a similar level of buying power... i would've expected gold to be 4k at this point
    Agreed. I keep nipping at dips on GLD and SLV but ...

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

It’s because GLD and SLV are trading paper, and they just keep adding more paper to suppress the price. Manipulation has been going on for many years if not decades. JP Morgan had to pay nearly $1 Billion fine, just another expense for them. Globalists will just keep piling on more paper when needed to keep price down.

https://www.reuters.com/article/jp-m...-idINKBN26K325

It’s still happening now.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

they keep spending billions on "the ukraine" (aka crony defense contractors) rather than help american citizens... i'm sure the average citizen would love to hear exactly how much money bezos, gates, and defense contractors made the past 2 1/2 yrs while small businesses and churches were forced to close for no reason

let's all keep in mind that amazon and google are TRILLION dollar companies that get 100% of their profits from the us govt
    How do you figure? They certainly don't pay enough taxes, but how do they get their profit from the government?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Tomorrow is big day where the market can go big, or drop big. FOMC meeting and existing home sales number is due.

Do they make a dovish move because of the upcoming elections, or do they get the pain over with and do a full point hike? Most are saying 75 but who knows. I do not trust these cats, at all.

Holding a Put on the Spy, but will be on the button when Powell opens his pie hole.

IMO, he goes 75. Markets are priced for that.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Tomorrow is big day where the market can go big, or drop big. FOMC meeting and existing home sales number is due.

Do they make a dovish move because of the upcoming elections, or do they get the pain over with and do a full point hike? Most are saying 75 but who knows. I do not trust these cats, at all.

Holding a Put on the Spy, but will be on the button when Powell opens his pie hole.

IMO, he goes 75. Markets are priced for that.
    They've said their current stance and their mandate over and over and nothing has really changed. They're going to keep doing what they've been doing. Usually the market rally initially for no good reason on these things, but the market is finicky, so who the hell knows either way.

Be careful with trigger button. Often the first move is wrong. So it could spike early and then crash. Or could crash early and then spike.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    How do you figure? They certainly don't pay enough taxes, but how do they get their profit from the government?
    i've seen some numbers that show that amazon makes essentially NOTHING from selling merchandise... aws (amazon web services) has giant government contracts, so does google

amazon's bottom line profit is around $30 billion/year... just their nsa contract is a free $10 billion/year with pretty much 0 expenses... that is 1 AGENCY out of the 7500 different agency contracts amazon has!

google's "public sector" division, same thing, all of the company profits

Slurry Pumper

OK people fun time is over starting tomorrow. The markets are all making a bearish flag pattern of late, while the VIX has the bullish flag pattern. The FED will come out and kick this off at 2 so what is he going to do? Probably a rate hike of 0.75%. He has no balls so anything other than what he promised just isn't in the cards more than likely.
    I think we end up tomorrow actually going up by the end of the day, back to the neckline of the head and shoulders pattern, and if it happens, you can jump on board for the afternoon ride and see how close the SPY gets to $395ish spot before the weekend where I would probably short again coming into the Monday session. That would be the closing line in the sand and if closed above tomorrow that would take me off of the fake out bull run scenario so the Calls I'm potentially buying would be of the couple week variety that expire 9/30 to give a rally a chance if it happens.
    How about if the rug gets pulled out and the markets take a big dump? The 1st spot of interest is a gap left open at $378.80 down to $378.15 as a zone. Then after that a little way down there is $372. These are both spots I would be willing to buy some calls on a short term basis.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

the time to buy buy buy in big chunks is coming sooner than we think...............

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    the time to buy buy buy in big chunks is coming sooner than we think...............
    I'd be careful if I were you...

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

GERMAN 5-YEAR, 30-YEAR CURVE INVERTS FOR FIRST TIME SINCE 2008

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Interest rates going up again. Stock market will continue to go down with that news that just came out.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Interest rates going up again. Stock market will continue to go down with that news that just came out.
    It did fall a little, but the 75bps hike was expected.

But I agree it's hard to see any near-term catalyst to move the market higher.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quite a whipsaw. Down initially, then up, and now back down even lower. 3907 to 3808 in about an hour.

guitarjosh

The dollar is very overbought on the monthly and quarterly charts. Commodities will probably rise over the next few months.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    OK people fun time is over starting tomorrow. The markets are all making a bearish flag pattern of late, while the VIX has the bullish flag pattern. The FED will come out and kick this off at 2 so what is he going to do? Probably a rate hike of 0.75%. He has no balls so anything other than what he promised just isn't in the cards more than likely.
    I think we end up tomorrow actually going up by the end of the day, back to the neckline of the head and shoulders pattern, and if it happens, you can jump on board for the afternoon ride and see how close the SPY gets to $395ish spot before the weekend where I would probably short again coming into the Monday session. That would be the closing line in the sand and if closed above tomorrow that would take me off of the fake out bull run scenario so the Calls I'm potentially buying would be of the couple week variety that expire 9/30 to give a rally a chance if it happens.
    How about if the rug gets pulled out and the markets take a big dump? The 1st spot of interest is a gap left open at $378.80 down to $378.15 as a zone. Then after that a little way down there is $372. These are both spots I would be willing to buy some calls on a short term basis.
    Bingo. Just about exactly where it closed.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Down she goes at the close of today. Dow -500....

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Imagine being long today or even worst just before fed decision. 🤣

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    Imagine being long today or even worst just before fed decision. 藍
    Or after. Market actually rose to the high of the day following the fed decision (after first falling).

RangeFinder

I had a Put on QQQ early, what a ride, lol. Got out with a decent profit. Now the question is, does the market continue to trend down a the open or does it bounce back? I'm thinking down a little early, then bounce. I may pick up a SPY Call at 362 Oct 7 and have a stop order in. This market is not for rookies, that's for sure.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

401k's -

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Thanks Biden

guitarjosh

I had a Put on QQQ early, what a ride, lol. Got out with a decent profit. Now the question is, does the market continue to trend down a the open or does it bounce back? I'm thinking down a little early, then bounce. I may pick up a SPY Call at 362 Oct 7 and have a stop order in. This market is not for rookies, that's for sure.
    If the market trends down tomorrow, I'd start nibbling at stocks and options that I like.

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Bingo. Just about exactly where it closed.
    I took a toe dip in the water right before the close today Knowing that we can continue down tomorrow very easily. Also rode the roller coaster a little bit this afternoon. You can always go against the initial move with the FED. After the 1st move, then there is always another mover going the other way coming which is usually the bigger move. Today we got a double plunge down which wasn't expected from me after the 1st move and forced me to get out of some calls I had, but the moves are generally big enough so that if you're paying attention you can exit before it starts going bad on you. I didn't listen to Powell but he must of said something later in his press conference to send the markets back down.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Thanks Biden
    Over GOV spending and printing all those trillions is a direct result of the inflation we are all experiencing today and that is causing these on going interest rate increases to happen to try and curb the inflation which also in turn effects the stock market. Crypto as well. People get shy to invest when thinking of the looming recession.

Who is to blame for all that in the past year? Hmmm?

Are we learning yet boys and girls? Who you gonna vote for in future elections?

Slurry Pumper

You ain't kidding. There are intraday turns on a dime, fake out break out gap and craps, drop 'em with rescue operations, and all kinds of things going on. Very choppy and volatile. I'd stay in cash if your a beginner and it ain't even close to being over.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

GO SAFE AND CONSERVATIVE for now.. FDIC insured.. That's what I did. Thank me later..

Can't lose with this in times of a recession.

https://www.secure.citizensaccess.com/Citizens/savings

RangeFinder

Well, there is our down for the open. If it's down .75% or more at any point, I'll jump in with a SPY Call and jump out on a 15% + gain. It's just where this market is at. Timing is everything. Gamblers control this market right now, institutions want nothing to do with it but they will jump in on any 5% down turn.

RangeFinder

Now that this market is down .75%, I believe we will se a rally here soon.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    GO SAFE AND CONSERVATIVE for now.. FDIC insured.. That's what I did. Thank me later..

Can't lose with this in times of a recession.

https://www.secure.citizensaccess.com/Citizens/savings
    Get at a credit union.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Found a winner in this down time Frey. Thank me later.

First ... 347348349350351352353 ... Last