1. #12286
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 76,604
    Betpoints: 5140

    Interest rates going up, stock market going down.. Got recession?

    Joe Biden and the Democrats just don't care.. They just keep on celebrating spending bills. It's mind boggling!

  2. #12287
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Interest rates going up, stock market going down.. Got recession?

    Joe Biden and the Democrats just don't care.. They just keep on celebrating spending bills. It's mind boggling!
    average rents in manhattan are now over 5k/month

    average rents in the usa are now over 1300/month for a 2-bedroom

    housing prices have never been more unaffordable, in the history of the country, vs household wages... and keep in mind those family wages now usually include 2 WORKERS when going back a generation or 2 almost no women were working

    so a family of 4 now works 100 hrs/week to afford less of a standard of living, than that same family that worked 40 hrs/week 30 yrs ago

  3. #12288
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 76,604
    Betpoints: 5140

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    average rents in manhattan are now over 5k/month

    average rents in the usa are now over 1300/month for a 2-bedroom

    housing prices have never been more unaffordable, in the history of the country, vs household wages... and keep in mind those family wages now usually include 2 WORKERS when going back a generation or 2 almost no women were working

    so a family of 4 now works 100 hrs/week to afford less of a standard of living, than that same family that worked 40 hrs/week 30 yrs ago
    Yep, and you wonder why the Blue ran liberal States are experiencing their highest numbers of homeless living on the streets today. Got a tent?

  4. #12289
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yep, and you wonder why the Blue ran liberal States are experiencing their highest numbers of homeless living on the streets today. Got a tent?
    sad

    more people living on the street than ever

    more drug addicts than ever

    more suicides than ever

    yet these policies that create that nonsense just continue to get more and more WOKE... keep grooming our kids into anxious, depressed weirdos that don't even fukking know what gender they are!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

  5. #12290
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 37,923
    Betpoints: 7396

    The bear market rally this morning lasted about an hour.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022


  6. #12291
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,041
    Betpoints: 441

    Lol

    I love these hamburgers, trying to predict the market. It could go down forever. People are getting destroyed. We have a year left of bad times.

  7. #12292
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The bear market rally this morning lasted about an hour.
    yeah i would keep selling every rally

    i got lucky and got out of some wynn at a $10/share profit this morning (58 to 68)

    otherwise it's just a total bloodbath lately... as i've said before, even gold/crypto getting crushed lately which is just burying everyone... just think of how many margin calls must be going on

  8. #12293
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lol

    I love these hamburgers, trying to predict the market. It could go down forever. People are getting destroyed. We have a year left of bad times.
    so anyone trying to predict what's going to happen is a fool, yet you go on to predict another year of bad times in the same post?

    just quit posting, it's past the point of embarassment

  9. #12294
    Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-04-08
    Posts: 6,384
    Betpoints: 842

    Sky is falling .....

  10. #12295
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    it is time to AVERAGE DOWN on existing red positions and/or to OPEN NEW POSITIONS

    RIGHT NOW

    major headwinds but NO system risk.

    we are only 1% from the JUNE lows and the floor was already formed.

    I have done what i said above, RIGHT NOW. i did it.

    disclaimer: I also did the same in the March and June Lows and here we are again so my opinion is worth less than a grain of salt.
    oops

    3789 s&p at post
    3693 the next day 9/23
    3650 today at noon

    so in 2 trading days the BUY RIGHT NOW strategy is down 3.7%

    at least you're not buying high and selling low... but the market can stay brutal longer than people can stay solvent

  11. #12296
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,479
    Betpoints: 9529

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    oops

    3789 s&p at post
    3693 the next day 9/23
    3650 today at noon

    so in 2 trading days the BUY RIGHT NOW strategy is down 3.7%

    at least you're not buying high and selling low... but the market can stay brutal longer than people can stay solvent
    Mikey not to brag but i have plenty of $$$ sitting at the ready. that's why i do nibble nibble kibbles and bits.

  12. #12297
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,479
    Betpoints: 9529

    in Oct 1987, the market crashed.

    the S&P 500 reached it's Oct 1987 level, 21 mos later in July 1989.

    those who averaged down incrementally, were way up 21 mos later when those who did not were either in the red (from panic selling) or only back to even if they stayed put.

    i am extremely happy with my decision to average down last thurs and fri

  13. #12298
    guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-07
    Posts: 5,188
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    in Oct 1987, the market crashed.

    the S&P 500 reached it's Oct 1987 level, 21 mos later in July 1989.

    those who averaged down incrementally, were way up 21 mos later when those who did not were either in the red (from panic selling) or only back to even if they stayed put.

    i am extremely happy with my decision to average down last thurs and fri
    A pretty strong bear market bounce is imminent, but we're probably heading significantly lower. I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a bear market like we had in the Nasdaq 2000-2002 for most markets and unemployment in the double digits in a year or 2.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022


  14. #12299
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 76,604
    Betpoints: 5140

    Sell and abandon the sinking ship while you still can and while your stocks are still worth something! The downward spiral will only continue with the rising interest rates. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that!





  15. #12300
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 37,923
    Betpoints: 7396

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    A pretty strong bear market bounce is imminent, but we're probably heading significantly lower. I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a bear market like we had in the Nasdaq 2000-2002 for most markets and unemployment in the double digits in a year or 2.
    Highly highly doubtful.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022


  16. #12301
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 37,923
    Betpoints: 7396

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Sell and abandon the sinking ship while you still can and while your stocks are still worth something! The downward spiral will only continue with the rising interest rates. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that!




    Are rocket scientists wise investors?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022


  17. #12302
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 76,604
    Betpoints: 5140

    ^ Rocket scientists are paid and have 401k's D2.. You know this...


  18. #12303
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 27,702
    Betpoints: 69



    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  19. #12304
    Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-18-18
    Posts: 2,233
    Betpoints: 6300

    I'd like to let everyone know that you can make plays that make you money when the market goes down. Don't fight the tape when things are going down you set yourself up to take advantage of that. So the sky is falling and you may be thinking to yourself where o where shall the market at least stop for a little while and bounce back for a relief rally because I forgot to short a month or so ago when Mr. Pumper told you that the up was going to stop in the big picture? Well look at the chart below and you can see that at present the SPY is right where it was in June, and right just above the 200WMA. The way I see it there are about 3 scenarios in the coming week or 2. All of these are a less than a month away type of thing so to take advantage, I would buy Calls that are out beyond the election, and take a look at the wide range so as one window is slipping away, you would need to sell that off for a small loss, and look for the next level of entry, and the next level would get a little more investment capital until either one of these scenarios hits, or you go broke and blame this Slurry Pumper for leading you down the wrong path. One of these is going to be a big winner in about a week or so's time so I'll be back to update you on how it goes.

    1. The market bounces tomorrow on "Turn around Tuesday" having put in a indecisive doji style candle that is right about at the correct time for this type of a thing to happen. Tomorrow may start with a flush down to the 200WMA, and at that point I will take a small nibble while still hanging onto what I have left from the Puts I got last month until I see a close above the 376 spot. Why 376? 376 is the low for the monthly candle from a few months ago and represents a level on the monthly basis that may signal there is just a test going on of this level. A rally would then develop and we would rise from the ashes to make another higher low.
    2. The Head and Shoulders play will play out and we will find the SPY down below 340 to maybe 320 if things get going bad enough. At this point the sky would be falling and I would be looking for a capitulation week to see if that would be it for now. If it were to happen we would get a relief rally off of this spot that may last another few months.
    3. There is another spot at 350 which has a gap from 2 years ago when the SPY ran up to 350 got rejected a few times then did a gap over and took off to never come back until now. They may choose to fill the gap and then turn around. It would be typical market behavior. Make everyone think the SPY is giving up the 200 WMA and making a charge to the head and shoulders playout, spike through watch all the short players jump on board and then after filling the gap at 350, have a short squeeze play that would rip it back up for a while and give all the people selling in the hole a shyt sandwich to eat.


    I'm in camp #3 but as always stand ready to play all scenarios to differing levels of investments.




    So today's pumping term that may sound a little dirty is:

    SUCTION HEAD - Its actually a little short hand for Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH). Its the measure of available fluid for the pump to intake. So when some of yous say my old lady can suck start a Harley, what your really saying is that there is enough NPSH to turn over the bike to start it.
    A typical statement would be, How much Suction Head does the impeller require to ensure that there is no cavitation in the pump?

  20. #12305
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 37,923
    Betpoints: 7396

    Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I'd like to let everyone know that you can make plays that make you money when the market goes down. Don't fight the tape when things are going down you set yourself up to take advantage of that. So the sky is falling and you may be thinking to yourself where o where shall the market at least stop for a little while and bounce back for a relief rally because I forgot to short a month or so ago when Mr. Pumper told you that the up was going to stop in the big picture? Well look at the chart below and you can see that at present the SPY is right where it was in June, and right just above the 200WMA. The way I see it there are about 3 scenarios in the coming week or 2. All of these are a less than a month away type of thing so to take advantage, I would buy Calls that are out beyond the election, and take a look at the wide range so as one window is slipping away, you would need to sell that off for a small loss, and look for the next level of entry, and the next level would get a little more investment capital until either one of these scenarios hits, or you go broke and blame this Slurry Pumper for leading you down the wrong path. One of these is going to be a big winner in about a week or so's time so I'll be back to update you on how it goes.

    1. The market bounces tomorrow on "Turn around Tuesday" having put in a indecisive doji style candle that is right about at the correct time for this type of a thing to happen. Tomorrow may start with a flush down to the 200WMA, and at that point I will take a small nibble while still hanging onto what I have left from the Puts I got last month until I see a close above the 376 spot. Why 376? 376 is the low for the monthly candle from a few months ago and represents a level on the monthly basis that may signal there is just a test going on of this level. A rally would then develop and we would rise from the ashes to make another higher low.
    2. The Head and Shoulders play will play out and we will find the SPY down below 340 to maybe 320 if things get going bad enough. At this point the sky would be falling and I would be looking for a capitulation week to see if that would be it for now. If it were to happen we would get a relief rally off of this spot that may last another few months.
    3. There is another spot at 350 which has a gap from 2 years ago when the SPY ran up to 350 got rejected a few times then did a gap over and took off to never come back until now. They may choose to fill the gap and then turn around. It would be typical market behavior. Make everyone think the SPY is giving up the 200 WMA and making a charge to the head and shoulders playout, spike through watch all the short players jump on board and then after filling the gap at 350, have a short squeeze play that would rip it back up for a while and give all the people selling in the hole a shyt sandwich to eat.


    I'm in camp #3 but as always stand ready to play all scenarios to differing levels of investments.




    So today's pumping term that may sound a little dirty is:

    SUCTION HEAD - Its actually a little short hand for Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH). Its the measure of available fluid for the pump to intake. So when some of yous say my old lady can suck start a Harley, what your really saying is that there is enough NPSH to turn over the bike to start it.
    A typical statement would be, How much Suction Head does the impeller require to ensure that there is no cavitation in the pump?
    I think I agree with scenario #3 as the most likely.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022


  21. #12306
    Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 39,703
    Betpoints: 11310

    WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY ON SO MANY FRONTS

    What a piece of shit this guy is

  22. #12307
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 76,604
    Betpoints: 5140

    ^Timing dips and peaks is a tough way to make money in the stock market unless you have solid historic trend knowledge at play or insider info IMO..

    It's pure gambling and chance otherwise..

  23. #12308
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Highly highly doubtful.
    just like the definition of a vaccine was changed, the definition of unemployed has change to make the numbers look better

    real unemployment (u-6) is at 7% right now, not too hard to believe that will creep up a few % with all the major companies announcing job cuts

    i have 3 working-age people in my family, none of us work, and yet none of us are considered unemployed

  24. #12309
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 37,923
    Betpoints: 7396

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    just like the definition of a vaccine was changed, the definition of unemployed has change to make the numbers look better

    real unemployment (u-6) is at 7% right now, not too hard to believe that will creep up a few % with all the major companies announcing job cuts

    i have 3 working-age people in my family, none of us work, and yet none of us are considered unemployed
    Did they lose their job? Are they looking for work?

    Plenty of working-age people choose not to work for a variety of reasons. That's not unemployment.

    There are still a shit ton of unfilled jobs out there. A ton of them in a variety of areas.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022


  25. #12310
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Did they lose their job? Are they looking for work?

    Plenty of working-age people choose not to work for a variety of reasons. That's not unemployment.

    There are still a shit ton of unfilled jobs out there. A ton of them in a variety of areas.
    yes but the difference between government-reported unemployment (u-3), and u-6 (real unemployment) are as follows...

    - u-3 doesn't include people that haven't actively looked in the past 4 weeks... u-6 does, if they looked in the past year
    - u-3 doesn't include part time workers that want full time work... u-6 does

  26. #12311
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 76,604
    Betpoints: 5140






  27. #12312
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    VRA might be the cheapest retailer i've ever seen

    $9/share in book value, profitable, and the stock is sitting at $2.91

    within a year or two i think this stock is back to 7+

  28. #12313
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 37,923
    Betpoints: 7396

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    VRA might be the cheapest retailer i've ever seen

    $9/share in book value, profitable, and the stock is sitting at $2.91

    within a year or two i think this stock is back to 7+
    92 million market cap. That's a micro cap. Probably based on recession concerns, because I think they're a pretty high-end type retailer.

    Well, today's bull market rally lasted about 2 hours. Yesterday's was only 1 hour, so that's progress.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022


  29. #12314
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    92 million market cap. That's a micro cap. Probably based on recession concerns, because I think they're a pretty high-end type retailer.

    Well, today's bull market rally lasted about 2 hours. Yesterday's was only 1 hour, so that's progress.
    yeah it's a micro cap, which is where you can find value... during covid MIK and HOME (michael's and @home) each got all the way down to $1/share... then got bought out for $22/share and $37/share

    VRA won't be a 37-bagger but i think it's a 3-bagger... they have 2 main businesses, vera bradley and pura vida... pura vida's jewelry sales are way down because they are geared more towards middle/lower class

    and yes, like you and i have been saying, sell these rallies! drip drip drip goes middle class wealth in the world, through investment depreciation, and inflation... all by design under the great reset

  30. #12315
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,479
    Betpoints: 9529

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    92 million market cap. That's a micro cap. Probably based on recession concerns, because I think they're a pretty high-end type retailer.

    Well, today's bull market rally lasted about 2 hours. Yesterday's was only 1 hour, so that's progress.
    bull rally in a bear market.

    the one good thing about these: they wash out more of the weak hands.

  31. #12316
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 37,923
    Betpoints: 7396

    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    bull rally in a bear market.

    the one good thing about these: they wash out more of the weak hands.
    Yes, that's what I meant to type. I'm getting old.

    I believe it just briefly breached the June S&P lows (3626 vs. 3636).
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022


  32. #12317
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,479
    Betpoints: 9529

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yes, that's what I meant to type. I'm getting old.

    I believe it just briefly breached the June S&P lows (3626 vs. 3636).
    my Bro 2er, please clear some space in your inbox because I tried to message you but you are at capacity so it bounced.

  33. #12318
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 37,923
    Betpoints: 7396

    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    my Bro 2er, please clear some space in your inbox because I tried to message you but you are at capacity so it bounced.
    Done.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022


  34. #12319
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    30-yr mortgage rates at 6.8%

    how in the heck are housing prices still staying this high?

  35. #12320
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,281
    Betpoints: 6969

    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    in Oct 1987, the market crashed.

    the S&P 500 reached it's Oct 1987 level, 21 mos later in July 1989.

    those who averaged down incrementally, were way up 21 mos later when those who did not were either in the red (from panic selling) or only back to even if they stayed put.

    i am extremely happy with my decision to average down last thurs and fri
    that's what i don't fully understand

    how can you be extremely happy buying into a market that went down every day since you bought?

    wow i'm extremely happy that i bought a $1200 tv that went on sale for $1100 the next day!

First ... 349350351352353354355 ... Last
Top