Betpoints: 3185

Mods split thread in two

one about cash

and one about betpoints

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19453

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    1 year old with Lexus with 9,000 miles on it.. I didn't end up paying 50 gees for it either..

It's not that retarded when you find a really good deal like I did at the time and make it happen for even cheaper.. Rich people sometimes do end up giving their toys away for pennies on the dollar when they see cash money laid down and know they can just get rid of the pending headache right then and there..

$41,000 is what I paid for a used one year old car in perfect flawless condition that was worth $55,000 loaded and brand new at the dealer and that was not including taxes and all the other crap charges involved.. I saved around 15 gees in my eyes at the time for basically a brand new car that was still under factory warranty....

There is always logic behind my madness...
    Solid technique! I like the presentation of - Here is my best offer of $41 K - all here in cash - that is all I will pay or walk. The cash sold your offer. I think a cashier's check would have the same impact and it implies the seller will take it with their name on it? The sales taxes at the courthouse? You come in with your bill of sale and they complain you got a 55k car for 41k and they want sales tax on 55k?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Think try x3 is king of the points , remember a guy from India won a load from the book can't remember his name though

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tatehill2000 View Post
    Lololol... jesus rhis thread has 3 crazy subset threads inside!! lolol...

Soooo.. if i get my account to 40 or 50, THEN CONVERT to pro.. does my $$ go to zero?
    Yes they do go to zero.......

It is in the PRO application terms agreement.........

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17197

Last edited by franklee168; 08-29-17 at 11:03 AM.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24116

Lol...this is all over the place

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12047

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Solid technique! I like the presentation of - Here is my best offer of $41 K - all here in cash - that is all I will pay or walk. The cash sold your offer. I think a cashier's check would have the same impact and it implies the seller will take it with their name on it? The sales taxes at the courthouse? You come in with your bill of sale and they complain you got a 55k car for 41k and they want sales tax on 55k?
    Cash is king, it's best when the deal gets done right then and there, when you try to get cute and do a cashiers check or an approved car loan payment it gets funky because time then becomes an issue, if you bring a check you can't reduce the amount in the check and sellers get nervous because they think it's fake.. In other words, if you strike a good deal you then have to go to the bank and get the cashier check and or loan check and that takes time.. That give the seller time to reconsider the deal, get more calls and offers, etc.. He or she can call you and back out of the deal.. Had that happen before even with a deposit down..

Presenting cash is your best bet and a good idea but you do need to establish dialog on the phone first as that helps establish the lowest price before you go out there. Working the bottom line price on the phone is key.. Sets the tone.. You want the seller to have the pink slip in hand also.. Then when you go out there to buy you then try and find a few flaws the seller didn't mention on the car and look a bit disappointed. Then you low ball again and offer cash and strike a deal..

Having a friendly demeanor and being the nice guy helps as well. The Seller feels better about selling their belongings for cheap to really nice guys that are not sloppy looking (dress nice)... I bought and sold cars for a few years at my used car dealership in my late 20's.. I mastered the art of buying used cars from private parties.. I'm a shark when in it comes to buying used cars and do pull out all the stops with out making it look obvious...

In the end it works out without being a dickk or a scumbag wheeler dealer.. Sellers are usually happy and so am I as I drive off in their former car..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-29-17 at 11:51 AM.

First 12