Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    The winner is????
    Costa Rica

Hotpicks
    Relaxing with experience
    Hotpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpicks View Post
    Remember Corey sanders? He crushed Vlad- then had Vitali wobbled a couple times before being rocked for the lose to Vitali. He truly was a power punching beast. I wish he had more fights during his time here in the Usa. I remeber those fights like yesterday and have always had flashbacks of those two fights. Corey was a beast. I was sad to see that he passed taking a bullet from a punk to save a family member- The HW division is very thin right now. Not taking away from Vlad,but maN ITS THIN. Cant wait to get a nice 4-6 years of big dogs running the tops again. Been very boring since they took the titles. Not taking away from their accomplishments ,but we need to get the HW division back to a glory spot for a few years. waitng patiently.

wow strange we wer talking about cory at the same time- Glad people remember him and those fights
    Great man he was

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

The Klitschko brothers are about to retire shortly. It's a shame that the sport doesn't turn out the heavyweights like they use to because we will never know how good they both truly are. I think they were just average to be honest and only had success because of the weak field.

Bob Arum was on local radio here last month and he really broke it down. He said the biggest killer of boxing heavyweights was/is the NFL/NBA. He said back in the 30's - 70's most pro athletes in football and basketball didn't make enough money. Boxing was a bigger paycheck. Early 80's and beyond most big guys who could be boxers ended up going into the NFL and that's where you find your great athletes. The big guys follow the money. He said, could you imagine Lebron James, Jadeveon Clowney, Ray Lewis, etc., training from a youth in the sport.

He went on to say that it really hurt the inner city boxers but there will be an emergence. Mexico is putting out a lot of talented boxers but there's also several up and coming heavyweights here in the US that will make noise in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    dude....they are either dead or retired..so we will never know..you idiot...THEY CAN'T BE BEAT.....whites are dominating so much it's boring already......I wish there was someone talented enough to take them out...but there isn;'t

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Mexico cincy del mayo

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Just remembered, Corey Sanders was shot and killed last year or the year before.

Found it

tony_come

Boxing is a great sport

Viva Mexico

tony_come

So the winner is....

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

So the winner is....
    Mayweather productions
    Points Awarded:

tony_come gave JayLA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tony_come

Thank you jay

Saving of $59.99

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Mayweather productions
    Pretty much. They sponsored it.

Kermit

Thank you jay

Saving of $59.99
    Shit, direct TV wanted $69.99 for HD

Hotpicks
    Relaxing with experience

I'm a professional fighter.....you are a professional cocck-sucker.....now scram, loser
    whats your name if you dont mind saying? Im not professional but gre up in Monroe Michigan and around the likes of Bronco Mckart- todd riggs- Rico Suava Hoya- tho were were class mates and his name was Robert Joe back then- I beat his ass in the 9th grade along with his cousin Roland and a few others that jumped me- Epic story in our home town- beast of a street fight. Robert went to prison @ 19 for 9 years before getting out and signing with no other than /don the sham king- started great but truly lost to montel Griffith in i believe his 15th pro fight but got the knod anyhow, but when wen to Europe and got knocked the fuge out. I had a gym in Toledo for a brief time and had some great youngsters that were /had potential. the smallest was little BAM BAMtrained by his father To jo- many have seen him- hes been in a video w/floys and ludacris and onmany talk shows- hes 9 now so we will see what happens to him. you can you tube him and see the amzaing talent he has at a early age ,but will it hold up? the video of him doing 100 push ups and a few others was in my gym

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

whats your name if you dont mind saying? Im not professional but gre up in Monroe Michigan and around the likes of Bronco Mckart- todd riggs- Rico Suava Hoya- tho were were class mates and his name was Robert Joe back then- I beat his ass in the 9th grade along with his cousin Roland and a few others that jumped me- Epic story in our home town- beast of a street fight. Robert went to prison @ 19 for 9 years before getting out and signing with no other than /don the sham king- started great but truly lost to montel Griffith in i believe his 15th pro fight but got the knod anyhow, but when wen to Europe and got knocked the fuge out. I had a gym in Toledo for a brief time and had some great youngsters that were /had potential. the smallest was little BAM BAMtrained by his father To jo- many have seen him- hes been in a video w/floys and ludacris and onmany talk shows- hes 9 now so we will see what happens to him. you can you tube him and see the amzaing talent he has at a early age ,but will it hold up? the video of him doing 100 push ups and a few others was in my gym
    RifleMan is NOT a professional fighter, trust me.

He is a troll on "The Saloon" forum. He copies and pastes conspiracy articles and frequently rants about how much he hates black people.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post

He is a troll on "The Saloon" forum. He copies and pastes conspiracy articles and frequently rants about how much he hates black people.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

I had it 117-111 also so I think the scoring was fine. I think anywhere between 117-111 and 118-110 were probably the most accurate.

It is hard to not wish for a little more. Floyd is the fighter of this era and just doesn't have the resume of what he should. I know every Floyd lover will argue that fact to death but its tough to give him credit for fighting guys who were slightly over the hill or undersized in spots.(Please don't mention that Pac-man did the same thing...this is a floyd discussion). I don't take anything away from Floyd's talent but I just wish he fought guys at different points in his career. Floyd is brilliant, no one is going to beat him...He will retire undefeated. Just if your going to call yourself the best ever it would have been nice to see him challenge himself a little more kinda like Sugar Ray leonard etc. Once he settled in at 147 pounds what big time fight did he really take? Hatton who was undersized? Theres a fight with Pac he left on the table, he never fought sergio martinez, paul williams etc in their primes if he would have taken fights with them at 154.

For everyone who is saying Oscar won the fight vs him is off base. NOTHING he threw landed but he did a good job using his size and getting him to the ropes and throwing which made the fight closer then any we have seen with Floyd in years.
    Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave ballahollic2 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JayLA, and Kermit

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

Floyd makes everyone he fights look confused and average. It becomes a boring fight because he's so elusive and has great hand speed. He is much stronger than most people think. When you see how fast he hits and how he bloodies his opponents. He just doesn't take enough chances to get a guy out of there. Why should he?? He could have probably ended this one early but he's not going to put himself in harms way to do it. That's why a lot of people hate him because they want him to stand toe to toe and get hit. LOL, of course, they would do the same thing if they were in the ring.

I am not as impressed with Canelo as everyone is building him up to be. Who the hell has he fought? Kermit Cintron is his best bout. He beat a very depleted Shane Mosley. Gomez? N'dou? Baldomir maybe his best bout??? I thought Trout exposed a lot of defensive holes that I've seen the last few years. He is very green compared to Mayweather. I see another Mayweather/Cotto fight to be honest.

The only thing that can beat Mayweather is father time and/or injury. He's been having problems with his right hand (it hurt him tonight). His speed and elusiveness is such that he could still beat a guy with one hand. Until he shows signs of aging, I wouldn't bet against him.

Agreed, Canelo will most definitely test Mayweather.

but with floyd fights- its almost automatic to be a one sided semi boring fight. Hit ,run, duck and be happy with a decision. The fighters of the past wanted your ass on the canvas. flodys is just about the W's, but again his choice.
    Please fight Canelo. If you whoop him decisively I will not question your style again Mr Mo Money. Cant wit till Pulli and bonner square off. Im siding with Paulie. we wil see
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: face

Hotpicks
    Relaxing with experience

i had that thought ,but figured I'd ask. Funny
    some folks just need attention i guess

Kermit

Dana White's Twitter

Dana WhiteVerified account@danawhite BRUTAL, I shoulda stayed home.

Matt Anderson@juicetucker 1h
    @danawhite Yeah Dana, because none of your fights EVER disappoint.

Dana WhiteVerified account@danawhite 1h
    @juicetucker I have 35 a year u dumb fukk

Sacrelicious

Dana White's Twitter

Dana WhiteVerified account ‏<s>@</s>danawhite BRUTAL, I shoulda stayed home.

Matt Anderson ‏<s>@</s>juicetucker <small class="time"> 1h </small>
    <s>@</s>danawhite Yeah Dana, because none of your fights EVER disappoint.

Dana WhiteVerified account ‏<s>@</s>danawhite <small class="time"> 1h </small>
    <s>@</s>juicetucker I have 35 a year u dumb fukk

Kermit

The wife just came in and told me about this. I had to post it.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Dana White's Twitter

that's hilarious. wow

Sacrelicious

I like the other reply on there:

"I'm sure there were 11 great undercard fights, boxing never sends you home unhappy"

JayLA
    On to the next one...

"Dana White@danawhite1h
    Maybe the fathers will fight after!!! "

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Dana White's Twitter

HAHA That's great!

Kermit

I like the other reply on there:

"I'm sure there were 11 great undercard fights, boxing never sends you home unhappy"
    LOL. Yeah, I seen that one too.

Kermit

I don't know who Matt Anderson is, but he just became immortalized.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    Dude this is a fight.

Wow Roberto Duran has a chin of iron. Duran got absolutely leveled by some monster shots in the 4,5 and 8th rounds. Roberto D. seems to have the heart of Rocky but should not have won that fight. It's terrible that such a great fight was ruined by some shady referree scoring. Iran Barkley won that fight by either one or three points.
    Last edited by NYSportsGuy210; 05-05-13 at 01:20 AM.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

golden age of boxing was born with ali and died after tyson.

nowadays, 90% of the people don't even know who the heavyweight champion is...

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

you have no clue..I would beat up Floyd in a street fight....go to sleep you're embarrassing yourself
    All of these keyboard tough guys....by the time you even blinked a boxer like Floyd would have dotted your eye with 2 punches and end of story. You say boxing is dead yet keep posting in a boxing thread. Tonight's fight was a mismatch from the day it was announced. There is nobody out there right now who possesses Floyd's in ring intelligence, speed and confidence.

And Oscar did not beat Floyd. Watch the fight again and you will see Floyd carried Oscar 2nd half of fight to make a rematch possible.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    All of these keyboard tough guys....by the time you even blinked a boxer like Floyd would have dotted your eye with 2 punches and end of story. You say boxing is dead yet keep posting in a boxing thread. Tonight's fight was a mismatch from the day it was announced. There is nobody out there right now who possesses Floyd's in ring intelligence, speed and confidence.

And Oscar did not beat Floyd. Watch the fight again and you will see Floyd carried Oscar 2nd half of fight to make a rematch possible.
    Fight was a mismatch the moment it was made.
    I don't understand why people were thinking it'd be close or competitive.... maybe they've never seen Guerrero fights or just wanted to hype the fight up.
    Oscar says everybody is going to beat Floyd, he's still salty about losing and that's his job.... to promote the fight. Nobody is gonna want to buy the fight if they know it's a mismatch.
    I mean.... has anybody seen the Aydin fight? That was proof that he couldn't adjust like everybody was saying. A simple boxer who's three biggest wins all came from robbery constantly hit him with a telegraphed right hand that Guerrero could never stop or dodge.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

WTF i was looking forward to mayweather coming out in the sombrero with a marachi band and everything for cinco de mayo and he comes out with lil wayne?

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    WTF i was looking forward to mayweather coming out in the sombrero with a marachi band and everything for cinco de mayo and he comes out with lil wayne?
    Better than Justin Bieber

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

When boxing narrows it down to 8 divisions and 1 unifying body, then I'll come back.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

The heavyweight champs are white.....and have been champs for 10 years..whites are dominating boxing.
    Funny, because that's around the time people stopped giving a penetrate about Heavyweights.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Klitschkos?
    Dude, Ali, Liston, Foreman, Charles, Holyfield, Tunney, Frazier, Louis, Dempsey, Marciano and I def forgot a lot of names would all have KILLED them in their prime. The Klitschkos are soft as a feather.
    Well there goes any chance of you ever being taken seriously.

First ... 678910 Last