PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mayweather vs Guerrero, In-Game Fight Thread

May Day is coming this Saturday 05/04/13

The Money Team's head man takes the ring against "The Ghost" Robert Guerrero.

I think this fight has the POTENTIAL to be a better fight than many would give it credit for on paper.

Guerrero has heart and will do practically anything to win, even if that means taking a beating from Floyd all night long.

Guerrero has been calling out Money for a long time now. He really wants this fight. He better be careful what he wishes for though because now he's got it.

Having said that, I think this fight is going to be tougher for Floyd than many expected. Guerrero showed a willingness to battle vs. Berto and I think that same willingness will be on display vs. Floyd.

I see Guerrero trying to smother Floyd against the ropes in an effort to bully Floyd. The problem I see with that kind of strategy is that Berto had success against Guerrero late in the fight with good upper body movement off the ropes and I see Floyd being happy to engage in this kind of fight as he is a master fighting off the ropes.

I see Guerrero having to resort to fighting an inside fight at range because Floyd will pot shot him with lead hooks and right hands all night.

I expect a very hard fought match. Certainly a much better match than many believe possible.

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

$300 on mayweather to win by ko but ill also be $100 on G ko +900
    No way this goes the distance

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiefalconfan View Post
    $300 on mayweather to win by ko but ill also be $100 on G ko +900
    No way this goes the distance
    Agree. I made a thread in Players Talk not too long ago saying this very same thing. That this fight won't go the distance. I was on that weeks ago.

Guerrero's left is sneaky and powerful. If he can land it consistently, he could shock the world.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Things are heating up. Ruben Guerrero, Robert's dad and trainer, went off about Floyd at the press conference. Called Floyd a "woman beater" and said "he must have learned that from his dad".

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

"women beater like a chicken" LOL of course i think it was all act and staged but the mexican probably cant control his emotion. Ghost is no walk in the park and Floyd isnt getting any younger so it will be an interesting boxing fight nonetheless.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    "women beater like a chicken" LOL of course i think it was all act and staged but the mexican probably cant control his emotion. Ghost is no walk in the park and Floyd isnt getting any younger so it will be an interesting boxing fight nonetheless.

Seemed staged but comical

farmdog
    farmdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I thought this was funny too.

Mayweather: "I don't know who you beat or who you lost to"

Guerrero: "Bro, you're just wastin time out here talkin"

Mayweather: "Easy work"

Guerrero: "Yeah, Berto said the same thing"

Mayweather: "What you gonna do? Easy Work"

Guerrero: "I want you to be ready for May 4th"

LOL this is getting good. This fight is gonna be a fukkin war. I can't wait.

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

Floyd just has better skills than anybody else....Guerrero will look good early but middle and late rounds the skill set will become clear. The combination of skills Floyd has makes a fighter almost impossible to beat unless you catch him with one and KO him. Having the best defense in the game with also being the sports best counterpuncher makes for a deadly combo. Good luck Guerrero.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post
    Floyd just has better skills than anybody else....Guerrero will look good early but middle and late rounds the skill set will become clear. The combination of skills Floyd has makes a fighter almost impossible to beat unless you catch him with one and KO him. Having the best defense in the game with also being the sports best counterpuncher makes for a deadly combo. Good luck Guerrero.
    There's no doubt who is the more skilled boxer but the fact is, Floyd has declined. He is clearly on the down side of his career.

Do I expect Guerrero to win? Absolutely not. This fight can basically be summed up as brawler vs. tactician. History has proven that these kinds of matchups don't normally end well for the brawlers unless that brawler has superior punching capability that the tactician just can't deal with.

That being said, Floyd is not a young man anymore. This fight is a 36 year old vs. a just turned 30 year old.

Guerrero does have the power to knock Floyd out. Floyd will be able to counter all night, Guerrero though has an unbelievable chin.

This is going to be a very interesting fight. As I've said before, I think it's going to be much better than most people are giving it credit for.

Let's hope we get our money's worth!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Guerrero in over his head for this fight.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Guerrero is a tough kid, lost his wife, sure is a fighter.
    Would love to see Mayweather lose, never loved him, don't really like his attitude but he definitely is a hell of a boxer and a love to see his fights. Don't think he can ko Guerrero though. Guerrero need to finish him if he wants to win this fight. Think it might go over the distance and Mayweather wins.

(Ah seeing de la Hoya there brings back memories. Never was the best or the most skilled, but he was a fighter. I remember getting up deep in the night to watch his fights.)

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Guerrero in over his head for this fight.
    Grits

Great to hear you chime in, man.

You need to post more bro. You and Lou. Especially in boxing threads.

I consider you one of the top 5 posters on SBR. Love your insight on the sweet science. Lou's too.

I think most people consider Guerrero to be in over his head. He's certainly never faced anyone close to Floyd's defense and overall skill set before.

I could very easily see him being frustrated as hell in this fight. Which, of course, will only lead to more mistakes that Floyd will happily take advantage of.

Anyway, great to hear from you. Please post more. You and Lou. especially in the fight threads. There's not too many fight guys in either Players Talk or Saloon.

We have to stick together.

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Guerrero is a tough kid, lost his wife, sure is a fighter
    Huh? His wife is alive. Her cancer is in remission and she'll be at the fight.

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

I think this fight will play out similar to the Hatton fight. Except you could argue Hatton was more accomplished at that time but The Ghost will similarly be caught late and be unable to continue.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

people always talking about floyd declining just dont understand what he does in there......how good he really is....hes always in control....floyd can beat you several ways....floyd is in great shape....he trains like a broke man and never takes anyone for granted...he works like the next guy is trying to take food off his plate and is trying to ruin everything hes worked for....

i dont disagree that guerrero can make this a good fight...that he might not push floyd....its just that at some point the opponent realizes that floyd is in control....that you cant do what you want to him....because hes not like anyone else....thats what ortiz realized

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

what are the chances this bout lasts less than 12 rounds? do we see a knockout?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    what are the chances this bout lasts less than 12 rounds? do we see a knockout?
    I think it's decent. Guerrero is a southpaw and his left is sneaky and deceptive. Powerful too. If he can find a way to somehow land it consistently, then he does have that puncher's chance of shocking the world. However, to achieve that goal his effort has to be nothing short of monumental.

Floyd, I think, has the better chance to end the fight early. Guerrero has a tendency to leave himself open when he's coming in (judging by the Berto fight) and that will give Floyd plenty of opportunity to unload his right on Guerrero.

Guerrero needs to establish himself early as Floyd will undoubtedly be able to get himself into a rhythm in the mid to later rounds. If he can't, then it's going to be a very long and frustrating night for Guerrero.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Mayweather is a bitch. Can't wait until someone cleans his clock.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Mayweather is a bitch. Can't wait until someone cleans his clock.
    Couldn't agree more. I would love to hear him talk with a stutter after this fight.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I would love to hear him talk with a stutter after this fight.
    the haters line his pockets

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    the haters line his pockets
    He isn't getting anything from me, because I am not paying $59.95 for this fight.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

no doubt Kermit. I will be watching the fight for free... if I even watch it at all .
    Them bastards make enough as it is fighting once a year and shit

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    no doubt Kermit. I will be watching the fight for free... if I even watch it at all .
    Them bastards make enough as it is fighting once a year and shit
    Yep. If anything, I will be taking money from Pretty Boy's pockets.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan View Post
    Huh? His wife is alive. Her cancer is in remission and she'll be at the fight.
    My fault on this one, misinformation.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Why does mayweather sr keep putting his hand down the front of Love's shorts between rounds??

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Nice hit there. Guy should be lucky it was at the end of the round. Not a bad fight here.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

And that is why boxing is dead

Love got his azz kicked but a judge had it 97-92?

Sport is a joke when whoever promotes the fight coincidentally wins every decision even when they get their azz handed to them.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NrmlCurvSurfr, and zizoudane10

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Why does mayweather sr keep putting his hand down the front of Love's shorts between rounds??
    He was shifting gears.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

WTF is boxing?!?!?

Bitch as sport

Kermit

I was so big into boxing back in the mid 90's, now I really don't care anymore. I remember back to a time when I knew every main champ of every weight class.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

I jerk off to boxing

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    And that is why boxing is dead

Love got his azz kicked but a judge had it 97-92?

Sport is a joke when whoever promotes the fight coincidentally wins every decision even when they get their azz handed to them.
    What I said in my thread.... Love most likely to get love on the cards

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

haha, boxing is far from dead...always funny to hear mma blowhards say this when mma will never go head to head with a boxing ppv

mayweather by dec. -145 ...

funny to hear guys say he is old or declining...his cardio is still top level, is still the fastest and still hits just as hard as anyone else... typical floyd fight...he will keep moving away and counter guerrero to death...guerrero will get in a few shots, but he wont hurt may and he might force the issue, but wont win many rounds... expect the crowd to go nuts every time guerrero lands a punch and expect floyd to shut them up like usual...

gl boys

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    haha, boxing is far from dead...always funny to hear mma blowhards say this when mma will never go head to head with a boxing ppv

Big difference when there are 12 UFC PPV's a year as opposed to one or maybe 2 boxing PPV's.

If you don't think boxing is dead, you are living in a fantasy land.

1234 ... Last