Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

I need advice on a difficult parent.

Ok so I coach my daughter's 10-u softball team and there is this bitch lady who is the mother of one of my players that is fuking insane. The bitch sends me e-mails to bitch me out (and she presses reply all so everyone reads them). And today she bitched me out in front of other parents and players.

So far I have handled that shit like a baws and kept my cool but I'm afraid one of these days she's gonna catch me in a bad mood and I'm gonna get my daughter's DeMarini and beat her senseless with it.

Any advice?
    Last edited by Cheme82; 02-16-13 at 11:25 PM.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Being a baseball coach is tough stuff sometimes. I'm sure you've talked to her about trying to keep it between you two and that you should talk/email without others around. I haven't gotten unlucky enough to have a parent problem too severe, but I've seen other coaches have to deal with it and I can only imagine.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Tell her never fukking heard of ya pal.

Ya broke dik fuk.

Kick rocks

And you'll cut her voicebox out

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Show her ur semi hard rooster that isn't a hard on so she will think that's what you walk around with. That shuts em up
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 02-17-13 at 01:53 AM.
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave TheCentaur 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink, greenhippo, and DiggityDaggityDo

Cheme82

Straight up bro, I swear that she's fuked up in the head. Even the other parents tell me that the bitch is cray. I did find out one piece of information today that allows me to empathize with her crazy ass. 4 years ago she lost her youngest daughter to cancer, the little girl was only 5. I have my daughter that's 9 and my son that's 5 and losing either one of them is something I can't even imagine. So I feel for her. And I was kidding about the whole beating her with a bat thing, but I really want to make things work because the season is barely starting.

Next week my son's T-Ball league starts and I coach him as well, so I'm hoping I don't get any head cases there. Hopefully karma hooks me up and I get a couple of hot single moms on his team. I had one last season that wasn't single but oh lord was she fine. The bitch would wear those nice tight jeans to games and she would bend over to fix her son's uniform and a hot as thong would show. And she knew it too. Coaching with a hard on ain't easy I'll tell you.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Cheme, she wants your Latino Heat cokk!!

Give it to her... And let her dreams come true..

Ok??

Cheme82

Mayan the bitch is old, she's like 40 and ugly as fuk. But the way things are going I might have to pound that pussy to make her chill. I'm desperate.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

What is she bitching about? Does she have a leg to stand on?

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3621

Been there done that. Managing the parents is most definitely the worst part of being a coach. You have to emphasize, before the season starts, that this is an instructional league. The parents need to know that your first priority as a coach is teaching the game and making sure it's a fun and positive experience for the kids. It also helps if the league director makes certain all the coaches are on the same page with this important message.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: No coincidences

Cheme82

We do tryouts and all the coaches have a draft to pick the players. After I pick my team I do another tryout to see where every girl is gonna play. She sent me a manifesto on how this isn't a select team and I'm tripping because I make my team tryout for positions and sent it to everyone on the email list. And today she went off because I was gonna use her daughter's catcher's gear for one inning on someone that wasn't her daughter (the one inning that her daughter had to sit on the bench like everyone else). She said she didn't spend $200 on custom-fit gear to have another girl use it.

I was about to tell her I didn't put no nickel on Junior Dos Santos to see the ***** get his bell rung on the first round but that's life. But I doubted she would get the point.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

softball in feb, u in florida or something

Cheme82

Houston, Texas bro.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Punch that bitch in the eye and say "don't make me tell you twice"...

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Contact the league?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Kill her with kindness. It really works. Best have a way to take out all the built up aggression though. Punching bag or long run.

Plan b wear headphones.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Invite her to batting practice. Have her sit where foul balls tend to go.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Trade her daughter for some softballs and a water cooler. Make it happen.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Block her email and send an auto-reply every time she tries. In person, pretend she's a ghost. Don't say a word to her. You're not going to win this one with logic or rational discussion.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

tell her you'll cater to her every need in a smartass way

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Reply all right back at her and tell her if she doesn't back off trying to make your life as hard as possible she can either give up her time to coach herself or take her daughter off the team.

Or forward her emails to the club secretary and let them tell her to back off or fukk off.

And then don't even take a dirty look from her without reminding her to suck it up or leave. Be firm it won't be tolerated. She'll soon stop, or leave.

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

well u can try to talk to her with league . and talk to other coaches and see with they would make a trade . i coached my daughters team to and had some issue .

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    Kill her with kindness. It really works. Best have a way to take out all the built up aggression though. Punching bag or long run.

Plan b wear headphones.
    Yeah, Even a kind Word will draw a snake out of her nest. If that does not work tell her to back the fuk off.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

to many crazy parents out there now a days, tell the league and I am sure they will tell her if she pulls this shit again she wont be able to attend games, practices, etc...... You do run the risk of her trying to kill you but its the only thing I can think of that might work with a crazy lady. I feel bad for her kid also cause you know that she is embarresed

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I'll have MMAChicka reply to this.

I'd have lost my cool by now.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    to many crazy parents out there now a days, tell the league and I am sure they will tell her if she pulls this shit again she wont be able to attend games, practices, etc...... You do run the risk of her trying to kill you but its the only thing I can think of that might work with a crazy lady. I feel bad for her kid also cause you know that she is embarresed
    This is probably the best advice you received. When you coach little league/kids sports - expect this kind of behavior from parents. it is a thankless task that you do.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Wow some real terrible advice in this thread unless you want to
    make matters worse.

cheme, from what you said let's see what she did that was so wrong:
    1) sent her emails to all parents - this is probably only being done in case there's a "he said she said" issue or to keep the other parents informed, probably means nothing
    2) asked why there were positional tryouts on a under 10 yo softball team, i might have the same question. Around here positions at that age are rotated every game
    3) asked that her $200 gear not be used on some other sweaty kid that might be too fat for it and/or not treat it properly. I would have the same request, my son has had more than a few of his things stolen or ruined by other dumbass kids so i can relate there

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

I coached , ran a league, and dealt with problem parents for a long time.

Your league should provide all catchers equipment. If not, if if not certified to be in safe working condition prior to the start of the season, you, the league, all league commissioners and all board members are wide open for a law suit. Your league insurance will verify this. No parent can supply ANY equipment for ANY other player and must sign a waiver if they supply it for their own kid. This is especially true for batting helmets and catchers equipment.

As for the mom, call a team meeting. Have the kids play off to the side, be it at someones house or at a park while you meet with the parents. Openly discuss any questions any parents have for the upcoming season. Want to blow her away and teach your kids something at the same time? Find a way to do a fundraiser, through the church or somewhere, so your team can put on a free car wash, with any donations going in the name of the child that died of cancer to the American Cancer Society or a specific type of cancer that the child had, or a children's hospital that the child spent time, or St. Jude. Look into getting the church parking lot and use their water for the car wash and announce plans for this event at the team meeting. The lady will crumble, the team will bond, and you will have taught those players a life lesson they will never forget. If that is somehow impossible, then have a Q and A session with them at very least. This will air out all questions and the parents will help keep her in check because it has all been discussed. She will shut it down somewhat because she now has the parents to back you up and she knows it. Tell the parents exactly what you are trying to achieve for the season. Season goals, if you will. Have a set plan, a method of teaching these kids, and stick with it. Teach them something about the game with each win and each loss. The OP that spoke to this being an instructional league was spot on. Hopefully the fundraiser can be pulled off. If so, EVERYONE leaves a winner.

As for positions, at the age of ten, every kid should get a crack at ALL positions, unless they say they do not want to play a certain position. But... if one or two kids can not catch the ball very well, putting them at First is crazy. Tell the player AND the parents of that player together, why you do not want to put them at a certain position at this time. If the player improves, you will allow it. It should be all about player safety. If one kid or 2 plays short or first all season, your league is doing an injustice to all the kids. Rotating players is so important because these kids will be completely different in 3-4 years and if never given a chance to play a position now, they will never get one unless they are a standout. That is not in the child's best interest.

I applaud you for giving your time as a coach. You are an unnoticed hero for that. But... you are not unnoticed by those kids and in years to come, they will remember you and begin to fully appreciate how valuable your time was and that you gave it to them. If you do your job well, you will be rewarded. That reward will come in the form of one of your players running into you in a grocery store or somewhere and walking up to you and saying hello. The fact that they saw you and wanted to say hi, is their way of saying "thank you". Trust me, it is the highest compliment an old coach can receive.

Winning is not a priority, teaching and having every player leave the last game a better player than they were at the first practice is the only goal if indeed this is a rec team.

Best of Luck.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Blondie

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Cheme-

This is really easy, pal. You've ignored the most important part of the entire situation. Is the lady's kid any good? I suspect the girl is nothing special, or we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

As you may know, my 5 year old little girl plays on an 8U Select team....and she totally kicks ass. She's playing on a team with several FUKKIN NINE YEAR OLDS....and routinely crushes these kids dreams. Can you even imagine being/having a kid that's 9 years old and not being as good as some little 5 year old baby girl? HAHAHA!! ITS FUKKIN AWESOME!!!!!

Anyway....I'm not the coach of this team, but I am a very active parent. I help out all I can, but lets be honest here, I'm primarily concerned with the development of the fukkin Jennie Finch-like prodigy I've spawned. I like all the coaches, but I think they know better than to fukk with my kid. Especially considering she represents their entire fukkin hopes and dreams for the future!

Bottom line.....if these coaches hope to have any sort of successful, championship winning program for the next several years, I would strongly suggest that they do WHATEVER THE FUKK IT TAKES FOR MY KID TO PUT THEM IN POSITION TO FUKKIN WIN!!

Cause if they don't, well.......maybe I'll just have to take their fukkin golden ticket and head on down the road to a team that actually does want to win? YOU FEEL ME, MOTHERFUKKER???

Yeah? I thought you might.
    Last edited by opie1988; 02-17-13 at 08:22 AM.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

milwaukee mike

and not surprisingly, opie uses this opportunity to brag about his kid

i've been thinking about this, and i can't figure out the reason for the 2nd tryout for positions. it's very easy to see which 9 year olds can catch and throw, and the same ones that can't catch a grounder at 2nd base can't catch a fly ball either. so stick the weak ones where they get the least action (outfield) and the strong ones in the infield. put a big one that can catch but can't run at 1st base.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

What would bobby knight do?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

why would you give the kid's $200 gear to other kids gueye

jeffksu
    jeffksu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8728

who the penetrate is this opie1988... Sure your 5 year old is better than 8 and 9 year old kids...just like your better than every poster here...if you repeat it long enough it becomes you and all of a sudden, hey I'm better than everyone including GOD...

what a fuckin tool and dipshit...

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Dam U softball is some serious shit.... But my advice to you bro is try and get some hot ass off that tball kids mom.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by jeffksu View Post
    who the penetrate is this opie1988... Sure your 5 year old is better than 8 and 9 year old kids...just like your better than every poster here...if you repeat it long enough it becomes you and all of a sudden, hey I'm better than everyone including GOD...

what a fuckin tool and dipshit...
    jeff, didn't you meet opie at the bash? you make a good point, he didn't want to watch the survivor concert with us huddled masses

MMAchicka
    MMAchicka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Aren't we the lucky ones... Being in a profession where most think their children could do no wrong and are the best at everything? Ask her questions... Make her feel like she's been heard. Ex: what is the challenge? What do you feel your child needs? How can I help with that? Always bring it back to the child not the adult. If you want more info ask her Tell me more about that. What I hear you saying is... Is that right? Also let her know that you want to respect her but you expect the same, so that means talking and discussing not yelling in public or via email. I often say respect is a two way street not a one way! Good luck pal!

1234 Last