1. #176
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Bless your pointy little head. I see the mention of SSI went straight through it and hit nothing. There are programs in place. You tell me where the money for this is going to come from. You tell me chow this will improve medical care. Show me how this will improve the quality of life as we know it.
    Taxes, same place Medicare, Social Security and every other govt program comes from, taxes will be raised

    For the uninsured it will make a huge difference to their quality of life

    SSI is for the disabled sweetie, granted most women would qualify for it by default but in men its a rarity

  2. #177
    BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-07
    Posts: 10,220
    Betpoints: 944

    One more thing befire I go cook Bet some supper, the republicans don't have the votes to block this at all. If the Democrats want it, they have the votes. There isn't anything the Republicans can really do to stop it. So other than the fact that over 50% of people say they don't want it is the problem?

  3. #178
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 46,017
    Betpoints: 1185

    Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Listen I have been painted as a far-left wing lunatic but Im far from that, I consider myself middle of the road to conservative
    OH MY STOMACH

  4. #179
    BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-07
    Posts: 10,220
    Betpoints: 944

    Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Taxes, same place Medicare, Social Security and every other govt program comes from, taxes will be raised

    For the uninsured it will make a huge difference to their quality of life

    SSI is for the disabled sweetie, granted most women would qualify for it by default but in men its a rarity
    Peaches, my town has a clinic for uninsured people. Doctors and nurses volunteer for it. So if a small town in Alabama can have one, why can't big cities?

    SSI is also available for people with catastrophic illness. It can be used temporarily while people are recovering from an accident, a stroke, cancer treatment, etc. They go back and start covering at the date of impairment.
    Last edited by BadNina; 08-29-09 at 09:38 PM.

  5. #180
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    One more thing befire I go cook Bet some supper, the republicans don't have the votes to block this at all. If the Democrats want it, they have the votes. There isn't anything the Republicans can really do to stop it. So other than the fact that over 50% of people say they don't want it is the problem?
    Democrats have a history of listening to what the country wants, they worry about crazy ideas like democracy and is prolly why there are no Republicans in office at this time

  6. #181
    Enogsiwon
    Dead
    Enogsiwon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-15-09
    Posts: 4,075

    Starting and raising a family in this country is a privelage!! When did it become socially accepted that everyone has the RIGHT to pump out a bunchof babies and have other people pay for it??

    Get you sh$t together.. Than start a family.. Stop making excuses

  7. #182
    losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-08
    Posts: 4,604

    walgreens is currently offering free health care in their clinics.

  8. #183
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    Hey I completely agree Enog, the poor make extremely wreckless and irresponsible decisions that are helping to destroy the country, if you have a solution to that then let us know

  9. #184
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Peaches, my town has a clinic for insured people. Doctors and nurses volunteer for it. So if a small town in Alabama can have one, why can't big cities?

    SSI is also available for people with catastrophic illness. It can be used temporarily while people are recovering from an accident, a stroke, cancer treatment, etc. They go back and start covering at the date of impairment.
    Okay okay if ppl are temporarily disabled due to some tremendous illness they can get SSI, now can I get my sandwich plz

    Also what does this have to do with health insurance we've already established when you're about to kick the bucket you can go into the ER and have em look at you and wonder why you waited til it was too late to come to the hospital or if you luck out and survive theyll send you a nice 100k bill then have collections call you everyday and force you into bankruptcy, of course any follow up care, therapy, prescriptions etc will of course be denied unless your illness has crippled you and you can suffer for the rest of your life with a 500/month SSI payment for your disability, yea enjoy the sweet life on that 6k a year income

  10. #185
    Enogsiwon
    Dead
    Enogsiwon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-15-09
    Posts: 4,075

    Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Hey I completely agree Enog, the poor make extremely wreckless and irresponsible decisions that are helping to destroy the country, if you have a solution to that then let us know
    There is no solution.. Too much white guilt and welfare ..half the white people left in this country have been brainwashed to think this is all thier fault..

    Until people come together and tell the TRUTH.. We will continue to be the only place on the planet going backwards..

  11. #186
    betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-20-06
    Posts: 13,444

    This thread has confirmed for me that Americans have a different attitude - not necessarily better or worse - merely different, from most other nationalities.

    What is routine in Canada (higher taxes - social medicine) seems offensive to some Americans.

    Canadians would be horrified if a fellow Canadian were denied medical care because they couldn't afford it or became bankrupt due to an unforseen illness/ medical emergency - an all too common occurence (and routine) in the richest country on the face of the earth.

  12. #187
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    It is amazing that the majority feel providing medical care to the citizens of the richest, most powerful country on earth is offensive

    For such a Christian nation there sure aint alot of compassion goin around

  13. #188
    losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-08
    Posts: 4,604

    well i guess life can be offensive. being self sufficient and self responsible isn't easy, especially when it offends those who aren't.

    but i'm actually more offended that someone can make a claim on half of my life, for the sake of the collective group.

  14. #189
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    So I take it youll be turning down SS, Medicare when you retire lost. I take it if you're disabled in an accident youll just starve to death rather than accept disability. I mean none of these benefits you're taxed for will ever benefit you, if you were born to a mother in the projects you woulda said listen bitch you got us in this mess now we need to starve you shouldnt have had me Im not gonna eat that food you bought with food stamps don't you know the govt should never help its citizens thats money that could be in some rich man's pocket, you're just that supremely above human nature and financial hardship that you'd never accept benefits you're eligible for, this is strictly a give only system in your case, I gotcha

    You dont even use the roads, the police wont even come to your house, the firemen dont even answer the phone when you call, nothing but an absolute pay out system, you learned to read by walkin to the library when you were 5 and turned down free education oh wait the library is govt run so you just rummaged through dumpsters for reading material to educate yourself, fantastic
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-29-09 at 06:56 PM.

  15. #190
    jon101
    jon101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-07
    Posts: 615
    Betpoints: 12

    There are only 3 classes who have healthcare, the ultra poor, medicaid, the ultra old, medicare, and the ultra rich. The middle class gets screwed. If they want to charge for healthcare and profit fine, but atleast tell us your ****ing us, instead of lying, and saying that its right. The working stiff pays for it all no matter what and the freeloaders go on getting it free. Old people have a right to healthcare, its provided in retirement. Poor people have a right to healthcare its provided by Medicaid. The ultra rich have a right to it because they can pay. What makes this different for the working guy? Doesn't the working guy deserve a competitive market for healthcare where only 3 percent is administratively used to provide coverage and 97 percent is used to provide medical care. Cut off the corporate welfare to the ceos of insurance companies, and force them to compete with a 3 percent markup.

  16. #191
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    60% of the poor are not eligible for Medicaid, Medicaid is absolutely overloaded and underfunded

    In my state, Tennessee, eligibility for Medicaid has been closed since 1995 regardless of how poor you are

  17. #192
    jon101
    jon101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-07
    Posts: 615
    Betpoints: 12

    Well thats not very fair is it? They should start a class action lawsuit.

  18. #193
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    Apparently ppl havent been voluntarily donating to insure the poor like lost thought

  19. #194
    losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-08
    Posts: 4,604

    you know what's funny is you actually champion more of what has been proven to be a complete failure.

  20. #195
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    Medicaid in TN is just incredibly underfunded, they put a 1.5 mil person cap on the program and that filled up almost instantly (program started in 94' and eligibility closed in 95') if funding was increased who knows, clearly it demonstrates there's alot of poor ppl in this state/country when you consider that TN's entire population is just over 6 mil and 1.5 mil signed up for the program almost instantly and have been milkin it ever since while the rest of the poor are uninsured

  21. #196
    BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-07
    Posts: 10,220
    Betpoints: 944

    the same people who run that are the ones who will be running a national health care. Tell me how it will be different? Other than higher taxes and poorer service. Cause that will happen.

    It isn't a lack of compassion. It's a thing called Personal Responsibility which this country is sadly lacking.

  22. #197
    BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-07
    Posts: 10,220
    Betpoints: 944

    I hope you enjoyed your supper. I am a great little cook aren't I?

  23. #198
    fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-08
    Posts: 10,805

    Here's a quote by Clinton who flew to Toronto after Ted's funeral to give a speech today.

    "A lot of you have American friends; you can help us with this," he continued. "The money's going somewhere, and the somewhere doesn't want to give it up... You have to understand there's a lot of economic incentive to keep things misunderstood and (people) full of fear."

  24. #199
    BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-07
    Posts: 10,220
    Betpoints: 944

    So the government should step in and take all the money? People (ie doctors, nurses, lab techs, scientists, etc) all went to school, spend oodles of money to learn, took out ginormous student loans in some cases and they perform a service. They invent new things, they take care, they heal. They should not be compesated for that? The government is suppose to tell people how much they can earn and/or charge? Where in the US Constitution does it say they have that power?

  25. #200
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 46,017
    Betpoints: 1185

    Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    Here's a quote by Clinton who flew to Toronto after Ted's funeral to give a speech today.

    "A lot of you have American friends; you can help us with this," he continued. "The money's going somewhere, and the somewhere doesn't want to give it up... You have to understand there's a lot of economic incentive to keep things misunderstood and (people) full of fear."
    I believe it

  26. #201
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    I hope you enjoyed your supper. I am a great little cook aren't I?
    Absolutely wonderful hun, finally a woman who knows her place (right between the stove and dishwasher)

  27. #202
    fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-08
    Posts: 10,805

    I would wash Nina's car if she asked me to.
    Points Awarded:

    BadNina gave fiveteamer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  28. #203
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    So the government should step in and take all the money? People (ie doctors, nurses, lab techs, scientists, etc) all went to school, spend oodles of money to learn, took out ginormous student loans in some cases and they perform a service. They invent new things, they take care, they heal. They should not be compesated for that? The government is suppose to tell people how much they can earn and/or charge? Where in the US Constitution does it say they have that power?
    Until 1920 the Constitution didnt say you could vote Nina (assuming you're female), until 1865 the Constitution didn't prohibit slavery, the 18th amendment prohibited alcohol, the 21st amendment was added just to eliminate the 18th amendment

    Its safe to say the Constitution is not absolutely perfect as there were 12 amendments during the 20th century alone including the 16th amendment which allows federal taxes on income

  29. #204
    BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-07
    Posts: 10,220
    Betpoints: 944

    But it has always limited the amount of power the government has over the people it is suppose to work for.

  30. #205
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    So ridiculously expensive govt funded health insurance at 80 when there's no use for it bc ur gonna kick the bucket in 5-10 years max anyway while spending the entire time alive layin in bed while shitting/pissing in a bag makes sense to you but giving you health insurance at 21 for a fraction of the cost when you could likely live 60 more active productive years doesn't make sense to you

  31. #206
    losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-08
    Posts: 4,604

    Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Until 1920 the Constitution didnt say you could vote Nina (assuming you're female), until 1865 the Constitution didn't prohibit slavery, the 18th amendment prohibited alcohol, the 21st amendment was added just to eliminate the 18th amendment

    Its safe to say the Constitution is not absolutely perfect as there were 12 amendments during the 20th century alone including the 16th amendment which allows federal taxes on income
    nobody is claiming any absolutes. you get mocked here if you say "this play is a lock".

    16th and 17th amendments undermine the founding fathers objectives of setting up a government where there was a balance of power between the individual, the state, and the union.

    also, the constitution doesnt grant anybody a right to vote.

  32. #207
    BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-07
    Posts: 10,220
    Betpoints: 944

    Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    So ridiculously expensive govt funded health insurance at 80 when there's no use for it bc ur gonna kick the bucket in 5-10 years max anyway while spending the entire time alive layin in bed while shitting/pissing in a bag makes sense to you but giving you health insurance at 21 for a fraction of the cost when you could likely live 60 more active productive years doesn't make sense to you
    So you don't think 80 year old people want to live? Just because they are old and not earning a taxable income they are of no use? Is that what you are trying to say?

  33. #208
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    15th amendment removes suffrage (right to vote) restrictions by race
    19th eliminates suffrage restriction by sex

    Your right though technically due to the electoral college it was left up to the states to decide who could vote for their states electors but for all practical purposes those two amendments gave women and minorities the right to vote, indicating that its pretty much presumed white guys already had the right to vote

  34. #209
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,006
    Betpoints: 540

    Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    So you don't think 80 year old people want to live? Just because they are old and not earning a taxable income they are of no use? Is that what you are trying to say?
    I would save money by saying at 80 you're pretty much on your own unless you want to pay your own health insurance, its ridiculous to perform 6 figure surgeries and hospital stays to keep a person shitting/pissing in a bag while bedridden with no hope of improvement for another 5 years and paying 40k a year in SS to have a nurse change his/her bag and scrub their corpse body in between illnesses

  35. #210
    losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-08
    Posts: 4,604

    Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I would save money by saying at 80 you're pretty much on your own unless you want to pay your own health insurance, its ridiculous to perform 6 figure surgeries and hospital stays to keep a person shitting/pissing in a bag while bedridden with no hope of improvement for another 5 years and paying 40k a year in SS to have a nurse change his/her bag and scrub their corpse body in between illnesses
    i think sarah palin would agree with you.

First ... 3456789 ... Last
Top