25 21.74%
  • F

25 21.74%
    VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I didn't get burned by BetIslands, so they're still an A for me

I had an account there but took withdrawals before shit hit the fan and then relocated to Heritage

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Unreal, great analogies.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Just so I understand John, you're comparing one random internet poster who makes a thread "Brady is Over Rated" to the SBR book ranking system?

I suppose each have extreme bias since that thread was based upon people who lost money betting on NE and the ranking system is based on SBR brass gaining money from poor watchdog principles.
    Hmm.. So does Standard and Poors have poor rating principles for rating GM a B+? So basically if any one or company makes a mistake they have poor principles? I think it is possible there are a lot of poor principled folks in the world.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Hmm.. So does Standard and Poors have poor rating principles for rating GM a B+? So basically if any one or company makes a mistake they have poor principles? I think it is possible there are a lot of poor principled folks in the world.
    We can agree there are many poor principled folks in this world. I can't remember your exact wording but in previous posts you have said something to the effect of SBR maybe being able to do more to prevent something like this from happening again. All we want to know is what SBR does do and what they plan to advance/improve upon to help protect bettors. Of course telling them to only play in A+ is as easy as it gets but based on country, limits, betting strategy (ie middling) etc. etc. the best bettors will use more than one book. The problem is, if one of your books disappears you may take a significant hit.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

"Critics have contended that S&P is beholden to these issuers and that its ratings are not as objective as they ought to be and that, in fact, this "pay to play" model makes their ratings meaningless at best and perhaps would more accurately be compared to the role of the "shill" in a game of three card monte."

Interesting.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Voted C. Do not think one can be an effective "watchdog" if SBR takes ad $$$ and other perks form the entities they are monitoring. However, those ad $$$ support the site and provide the Player with some of the entertainment provided here. SBR it seems helps the player in disputes with the books, so they do provide some assistance. But an unbiased arbiter, NO. In addition, this whole offshore thing deal is unregulated and shady. How one can trust that SBR will watch their backs on all things offshore is naive. SBR=Entertainment. Take it for what it's worth.

SBR_John
    Wisky

hels you almost said in your post. Stay with the A+ group. There are a half of dozen super solid books no matter what country you are in. No one needs more than that unless you are chasing hookers and bonuses. Won't affect SBR's business, not the first book to fail and won't be the last.

"Critics have contended that S&P is beholden to these issuers and that its ratings are not as objective as they ought to be and that, in fact, this "pay to play" model makes their ratings meaningless at best and perhaps would more accurately be compared to the role of the "shill" in a game of three card monte."
    Just like a few here feel the same way. Even if you had a government agency or Chuck Norris himself(Texas Ranger) make the ratings some would say they were bias. Comes with the territory and I think the statement you found is as ridiculous as what has been said in a few threads about the book ratings. And I'm sure if you would of polled GM bond holders after the bonds became worthless SnP wouldnt get high marks.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Were always a A in my book but after this fiasco i rated them a C and i think that is being generous. Hope all turns out well in the future.

The Kraken

hels you almost said in your post. Stay with the A+ group. There are a half of dozen super solid books no matter what country you are in. No one needs more than that unless you are chasing hookers and bonuses. Won't affect SBR's business, not the first book to fail and won't be the last.

Just like a few here feel the same way. Even if you had a government agency or Chuck Norris himself(Texas Ranger) make the ratings some would say they were bias. Comes with the territory and I think the statement you found is as ridiculous as what has been said in a few threads about the book ratings. And I'm sure if you would of polled GM bond holders after the bonds became worthless SnP wouldnt get high marks.
    Well, I'm not sure the statement is ridiculous as it just points out potential conflict of interest. It's undeniable and I guess unavoidable.
    Pon a serious note, someone was just rummaging through my shed and on my back porch. It's 3am here and my dogs were going crazy. So I grabbed the Remington and made my way to the back door and waited. Anyways, he left without taking anything.
    but the whole point is as I was standing their at the back door I thought to myself "that's it, I've done pissed off John and he sent in a hit man." Seriously I've gotta move on past this BI scam for my own mental health.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Poll results are pretty interesting. Keep 'em coming.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    I'm not voting because there's no option for an A+
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    I'm not voting because there's no option for an A+

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Where is 5 dimes going in 3months?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    People just dont get that in the gambling world there are no sure things. Its the same in the book review business. SBR fukked up but they cant do anything now. ITs too little too late. Guys who dont play at A books keep getting fukked up the ass. IF you look for a hot girl but settle for the B or C girl you get what you get. You get a fat bitch that you cant walk with in public and thats what betislands was. It was a C girl who lost 5 pounds and became a B girl. She was still a fat ugly bitch with a half less wrinkle. Play at pinny /bookmaker/greek or (5dimes for the next 3 months only) or euro books if you can.

High3rEl3m3nt

And for those that would say that the poll is skewed because 4 SBR employees voted A, it likely evens out the handful of users who would vote F regardless. If anything, this poll just became a little more accurate.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    And for those that would say that the poll is skewed because 4 SBR employees voted A, it likely evens out the handful of users who would vote F regardless. If anything, this poll just became a little more accurate.
    What I find interesting is that only about 100 posters voted, when we are told that there were 150 SBR posters who BI stole from, youd think those 150 would vote.

later

SBR_John
    Wisky

I only voted because I saw pavy and a few other long time haters who got woodys mouseing for the F. A community this large is guaranteed to have a few.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I did some calculations

F is the 6th letter of the alphabet out of 26

Even if you give them lowest grade possible, they are still better than 77% of other letters

We are winning

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Actually, 7 of the 18 'A' votes, or 39%, came from those associated with SBR. Can't forget that BIGDAY, Reload and Swinging Johnson are engaged to provide forum moderation or original content for the site.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

On the face of it I'd give this place a C+. Wouldve been an A but they dropped the ball with the whole BI situation which has highlighted a lack of protocol integrity when it comes to affiliate money.

Play at A+ books and u shouldn't have an issue.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Solid D-

High3rEl3m3nt

That Dan Bouton 5dimes thread is interesting...to say the least.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I say I give SBR overall a B rating. The forum is set up well and the moderators are cool and I have been to a bash in Vegas which was nice of them. The only complaint I have is they should have degraded BI sooner and should've come out with a statement of what happened in detail and plans of how it needs to be dealt with. I still think there needs to be some issues to be dealt with on this and if they find a good way to get this resolved they will be alright.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

I only voted because I saw pavy and a few other long time haters who got woodys mouseing for the F. A community this large is guaranteed to have a few.
    not everyone who rated F recently is a SBR hater... just sayin Mr.Walker , meryy xmas

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxyfish View Post
    not everyone who rated F recently is a SBR hater... just sayin Mr.Walker , meryy xmas
    Which is why I said a "few" Mr. Roxy. Likewise Merry Christmas.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board

And right on cue Opie comes in to bring the A votes to an even 40% bought and paid for. If you were anymore predictable Opie, you'd be one of those wind-up monkeys clapping cymbals on John's desk.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScholar View Post
    And right on cue Opie comes in to bring the A votes to an even 40% bought and paid for. If you were anymore predictable Opie, you'd be one of those wind-up monkeys clapping cymbals on John's desk.

Guy can't help but be a puppet.

Still, I wonder how comfortable it must be for him having a hand stuck up his arse 100% of the time, controlling whatever he says...

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I would've voted earlier, but fukkin' Fed Ex literally just got here with my Christmas bonus from John. I wanted to see how generous he was this year before I voted. Let's just say......

A+, my good man!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Opie, Dozer, SBR John and the other paid shills votes don't count. That's like having a poll about how credible is The Mafia and having Don Corleone and his son Michael vote in the poll.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post

Guy can't help but be a puppet.

Still, I wonder how comfortable it must be for him having a hand stuck up his arse 100% of the time, controlling whatever he says...

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I would've voted earlier, but fukkin' Fed Ex literally just got here with my Christmas bonus from John. I wanted to see how generous he was this year before I voted. Let's just say......

A+, my good man!
    Boy, I hope John doesn't pay too much for your lapdog services. Your loyalty is unflinching, but you're also too stupid to realize that even blatant sarcasm (just a guess, the bonus check could indeed be real) doesn't help the cause when accusations of ballot stuffing are being levied. This thread would've been a great chance for you to just shut up, or if that was too difficult for you, to explain that SBR employees and paid sycophants with plastic sheriff badges have the best opportunity to see how SBR interacts with its affiliates and thus their unanimous A votes were entirely justified.

It's okay though, we love you anyway. Idiots like you are why liberals have such an easy time getting elected in America. Would you now like to tell us why nobody at SBR is interested in 47% of the voters here too?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Boy, I hope John doesn't pay too much for your lapdog services. Your loyalty is unflinching, but you're also too stupid to realize that even blatant sarcasm (just a guess, the bonus check could indeed be real) doesn't help the cause when accusations of ballot stuffing are being levied. This thread would've been a great chance for you to just shut up, or if that was too difficult for you, to explain that SBR employees and paid sycophants with plastic sheriff badges have the best opportunity to see how SBR interacts with its affiliates and thus their unanimous A votes were entirely justified.

It's okay though, we love you anyway. Idiots like you are why liberals have such an easy time getting elected in America. Would you now like to tell us why nobody at SBR is interested in 47% of the voters here too?

Roguey-

You've been dissatisfied with SBR wayyy before any of this latest stuff came up. While I tend to enjoy the majority of your stuff, your posts typically include a dissertation of why SBR "isn't close to what it once was", usually including something about posters not really caring enough about one another, or really listening about each others life issues....I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.....but clearly your negativity toward SBR began way before the BI issue.

Its not really fair to label those of us whose experiences here have been overwhelmingly positive as simply being "company yes men". I'm sure some of our votes indeed have some built-in loyalty factor. But at the same time I would tend to think yours, as well as a few of your sycophants like Lethal Weapons there, clearly are swayed by some of the negativity you all have been carrying around toward SBR for some time now. That door has to swing both ways, pal.

Regardless.....I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

what kind of poll is this??? You can't allow proper SBR employees to vote Higher. Come on!

The Kraken

All we need now is for "betislands" and "sslp" to cast an A vote.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer, and polskboy

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board

usually including something about posters not really caring enough about one another, or really listening about each others life issues....I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.....but clearly your negativity toward SBR began way before the BI issue.
    If you weren't paying attention, then why are you trying to marginalize my opinions? I've been participating at SBR 3.5 years longer than you have, and yet you're too self-involved to even wonder if my negative impressions of SBR were formed by legitimately ugly behavior on their part before you even knew this place existed? Maybe you should come up for air more often, everybody loves an eager rooster-sucker, but never one who's too anxious for you to get your nut. I speak from experience, both about the rooster-sucking, and the dark side of SBR.

Its not really fair to label those of us whose experiences here have been overwhelmingly positive as simply being "company yes men". I'm sure some of our votes indeed have some built-in loyalty factor. But at the same time I would tend to think yours, as well as a few of your sycophants like Lethal Weapons there, clearly are swayed by some of the negativity you all have been carrying around toward SBR for some time now. That door has to swing both ways, pal.
    There's one big difference Opie, my negativity hasn't been bought and paid for. You admitted in post #96 that yours has. That's why your participation was so laughable, because you did nothing unpredictable and only reinforced the obvious desperation SBR has to mitigate this issue. I'll say it again, you only proved you're too stupid to analyze the situation before you jump in with more of your patented Texas bromance with SBR John.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Pete0

SBR_John
    Wisky

Actually, 7 of the 18 'A' votes, or 39%, came from those associated with SBR. Can't forget that BIGDAY, Reload and Swinging Johnson are engaged to provide forum moderation or original content for the site.
    Hmm you once said you wish you could "skull fuk me until dead" and yet your F vote should be considered non bias? LOL love it. have a Merry Christmas!

High3rEl3m3nt

I just found out I am going to be an uncle...A Merry Christmas to all!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: opie1988

First 1234 Last