Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5165

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    john you dont think they have to appeal to hispanics at least somewhat?
    Did you see the Republican convention?

Are you f'n blind?

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    I also saw the primaries. So did the Latinos

GOP still stuck in this mindset that if they have minorities in their photo shoots, that it's the same as actually listening to their concerns.

Self deportation? Really?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    hard to disagree but it seems like you guys just blame the GOP and give Obama a free pass. Again and again.

It's simple to me. Obama is the President and will be for 4 more years (F#$@) and its up to him to show leadership. 4 years wasted with bickering and extending bills for a few months at a time hoping things will magically improve. Let's see if he can be a leader in the next 4 years or will he just waste another 4 years.

Give him free rein like Bush had and then see what he can do. If he cant produced there will be no excuses but the problem is our society is built with so many checks and balances that even though you are President its still quite possible nothing can be accomplished if there is resistance from a majority House or Senate

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I personally don't think there is a problem. I would rather lose than compromise my core believes which is we should not spend money we don't have and we need to align our tax rates to the rest of the world.

The real problem is the Democrats have convinced folks its ok to run up trillion dollar deficits and there is no paying the piper. The electorate is not holding their president accountable.

The Republicans have a majority in the House, enough in the Senate to kill reckless spending and something like 30 Governors. You don't make wholesale changes because an incumbent president is re-elected with 50.2% of the popular vote.

You had good intentions starting this thread, then you post this BS

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

gth fishhead

pos

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Give him free rein like Bush had and then see what he can do. If he cant produced there will be no excuses but the problem is our society is built with so many checks and balances that even though you are President its still quite possible nothing can be accomplished if there is resistance from a majority House or Senate
    let's hope they can all stop acting like children and do their jobs. Four more years of extending bills for 6 months and not passing a budget will only make things worse. If Obama can figure out a way to do this, I will give him credit. American politics has sunk to a new low during his first four years.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 11-07-12 at 01:20 PM.

jwater
    jwater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

Romney is way closer to the middle than Obama. Obama is way out in left field. Dont see any compromise coming form him.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2340

I dont belong to any party. I vote for the person I think will do the least amount of damage.
    In this case I think we have the right person. I think our voting system needs an overhaul.
    To many people are tied to a party regardless of how they feel. We are free to think speak and
    vote, I would like to see more people use that freedom that so many have died to give us.
    Congrats to Obama and Romney

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2340

It was nice to see Maine elected and independent into the senate

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29192

let's hope they can all stop acting like children and do their jobs. Four more years of extending bills for 6 months and not passing a budget will only make things worse. If Obama can figure out a way to do this, I will give him credit. American politics has sunk to a new low during his first four years.
    both parties fault for this

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    both parties fault for this
    yup

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I would hope Republicans moderate their social stances including immigration. Who in their right mind would even think of the words "self deportation"? I am personally against abortion but I darn sure don't want to see it made illegal. So as far as change goes I think the Republicans need to moderate their social stances.

Republicans need to fight to the death for economic prosperity for all. Bush Sr lost an election because he said No new taxes and then compromised with democrats. Republicans as the minority party are afforded constitutional rights and if they do not stand for sound financial management of the country they should be held accountable and voted out.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

SBR_John, granted this is coming from a Canadian, I feel compelled to let you know my non-biased view on what I see external to your country.

First you say this:

Should be interesting to see if there can be some compromise in Washington.
    Then you say this:

I personally don't think there is a problem. I would rather lose than compromise my core believes which is we should not spend money we don't have and we need to align our tax rates to the rest of the world.

The real problem is the Democrats have convinced folks its ok to run up trillion dollar deficits and there is no paying the piper. The electorate is not holding their president accountable.

The Republicans have a majority in the House, enough in the Senate to kill reckless spending and something like 30 Governors. You don't make wholesale changes because an incumbent president is re-elected with 50.2% of the popular vote.
    It is very strange to me that in one statement, you want compromise and the second statement you declare you will not compromise.

Also to me, it really seems hypocritical that you complain about the deficit that Obama ran up when he was left with an economy in shambles and two wars that were not budgeted for.

There is no question that Obama could have done a better job in his first term but it is not as bad as you imply.

In my opinion, compromise takes two parties that have some level of trust and have a joint interest to succeed for the greater good...

I imagine I will get ripped by the "Fox News" types for this post from a "foreigner" but Canadians are greatly affected by what happens in the US and therefore we have a vested interest in your country doing well!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

don't worry as long as the printing machine in treasure department is still working, we will be fine. Social security is the biggest Ponzi scam in US history,you won't see it but your next generation will. We still on the driver seat

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would hope Republicans moderate their social stances including immigration. Who in their right mind would even think of the words "self deportation"?.
    The former bishop of a racist church. The guy with a track record for dismantling companies, sending jobs to sweatshop legal countries & calling himself a job creator. The guy who demands 10 years of tax returns from opponents and VP nominees, but refuses to even release 2 full years of his own...all the while claiming he'll fix what's wrong with taxes.

The guy so out of touch with financial reality for most families, that he thinks the reasons students apply for education loans is because they haven't asked their parents for the money.

Who thinks up words like "self deportation"...a guy with a dancing horse. That's who.
    Points Awarded:

ACoochy gave muldoon 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

My takes:

1) Republican Party has basically become a party of white, religious zealots, rural, and poorly educated males with all its political power concentrated in the deep South and the fly over states (i.e. Rust Belt region).

2) If the Republican Party ever wants to become relevant again it needs to talk more about fiscal conservatism, small government, and limiting taxes. Republicans should stop with the social issues and cut the fanatical anti-illegal immigrant rhetoric from their campaigns. On almost every social issue throughout the history of this great country, Republicans (e.g. political conservatives) have been on the wrong side of history.

3) Anyone who stayed up and saw the Romney concession speech could not help but notice that the audience was basically all white. Anyone who stayed up even later and saw Obama's victory speech saw how truly diverse the audience was. That audience truly reflected America. There is no way that the current Republican Party can sustain itself with the changing demographics. Republican Party has to have much better outreach programs and policies that are not perceived as favoring the wealthy all the time.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

bs_john

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    In the original post John applauds the heavy participation levels in the election and expresses hope that two sides can work together.

Then you pop in to ask questions framed to make him seem like a one-sided jerk unless he agrees with you.

It's right there in black and white: that is who SBRJohn is today, that is who SamDiamond is today. If we had an SBR election on who could use a serious attitude adjustment I think it would be a one-sided affair.
    Get off the guys nuts sheman.

Can't ask a fukkin question without someone hugging the nut.

Unreal

jwater

And Obama has more of a sense of the middle class family by growing up and going to a private school in Hawaii which costs $18,000+ to go to nowadays, then going to Harvard, then becoming a career politician

jwater

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    My takes:

1) Republican Party has basically become a party of white, religious zealots, rural, and poorly educated males with all its political power concentrated in the deep South and the fly over states (i.e. Rust Belt region).

2) If the Republican Party ever wants to become relevant again it needs to talk more about fiscal conservatism, small government, and limiting taxes. Republicans should stop with the social issues and cut the fanatical anti-illegal immigrant rhetoric from their campaigns. On almost every social issue throughout the history of this great country, Republicans (e.g. political conservatives) have been on the wrong side of history.

3) Anyone who stayed up and saw the Romney concession speech could not help but notice that the audience was basically all white. Anyone who stayed up even later and saw Obama's victory speech saw how truly diverse the audience was. That audience truly reflected America. There is no way that the current Republican Party can sustain itself with the changing demographics. Republican Party has to have much better outreach programs and policies that are not perceived as favoring the wealthy all the time.
    Well the Democrats were on the wrong side of the biggest social issue in US history. The South was a Democrat majority during the civil rights movement, with Southern democrats most fiercely resisting the civil rights act of 64

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10404

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post

Are you f'n blind?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    27% of the Latin electorate doesn't cut it in anyone's book.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jwater View Post
    Well the Democrats were on the wrong side of the biggest social issue in US history. The South was a Democrat majority during the civil rights movement, with Southern democrats most fiercely resisting the civil rights act of 64
    I would STRONGLY suggest taking a course on US history and familiarizing yourself with even the most basic facts. You do realize that the only similarity between the Republican Party of the 1860s and the 2010s is the name Republican Party. If you are not aware yet, basically the Republican Party and Democratic Party have flip-flopped the past century. If Abe Lincoln was alive, it is almost a certainty he would not be a Republican.

jwater

The civil rights movement occurred in the 1960's not the 1860's...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

The civil rights movement occurred in the 1960's not the 1860's...
    Have you finished high school yet? Did you not see why I put (political conservatives) in parentheses? Do you know that Democrats and Republicans are just labels for an ideology/political philosophy. Let me explain it to you carefully. The Republican Party, in its inception, was a renegade third party that was by today's standards liberal. The Democratic Party was the more established and politically conservative of the two. The two parties have essentially flip-flopped.

Does it not even dawn on you why all minority groups align themselves with the Democratic Party?

LOL Republican Party is responsible for ending slavery. Try a group of hard core liberal abolitionists are responsible.

There are 0 social issues that political conservatives succeed in. History is filled with the social issue failures of political conservatives.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    SBR_John, granted this is coming from a Canadian, I feel compelled to let you know my non-biased view on what I see external to your country.

First you say this:

Then you say this:

It is very strange to me that in one statement, you want compromise and the second statement you declare you will not compromise.

Also to me, it really seems hypocritical that you complain about the deficit that Obama ran up when he was left with an economy in shambles and two wars that were not budgeted for.

There is no question that Obama could have done a better job in his first term but it is not as bad as you imply.

In my opinion, compromise takes two parties that have some level of trust and have a joint interest to succeed for the greater good...

I imagine I will get ripped by the "Fox News" types for this post from a "foreigner" but Canadians are greatly affected by what happens in the US and therefore we have a vested interest in your country doing well!
    We did not elect a majority of Republicans to the House for compromises that leads the country into bankruptcy and economic collapse. You missed my point about our Constitutional rights as the minority party. It is the Democrats that MUST compromise if they ever want to pass a budget. It's either that or they must win a majority in the House which they did not do. Their only other alternative is to pass a constitutional amendment or declare the republic a monarchy or stage a coup.

The point is when you hear about compromise keep in mind they are the majority. They MUST negotiate with the minority, the Republicans, or face stalemate. They refuse to and would rather pretend they don't need to. Every president has had to. Reagan did both Bush's and certainly Clinton did. As I said they have to, they don't have a choice.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

DwightShruite How does it feel to be so fukkin wrong

jwater

Have you finished high school yet? Did you not see why I put (political conservatives) in parentheses? Do you know that Democrats and Republicans are just labels for an ideology/political philosophy. Let me explain it to you carefully. The Republican Party, in its inception, was a renegade third party that was by today's standards liberal. The Democratic Party was the more established and politically conservative of the two. The two parties have essentially flip-flopped.

Does it not even dawn on you why all minority groups align themselves with the Democratic Party?

LOL Republican Party is responsible for ending slavery. Try a group of hard core liberal abolitionists are responsible.

There are 0 social issues that political conservatives succeed in. History is filled with the social issue failures of political conservatives.
    Slavery isn't the civil rights movement...

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 633

Bush started unpaid for wars and cut the tax revenue this country was receiving for the top tax brackets. Bush also deregulated banks and Wall Street which ended up further hurting the economy. These wars started by Bush are unpaid for, ground the economy to a halt, as a result more people were out of work and needed social programs.

This is ridiculous, the GOP LOST the election, the fact that they are not willing to work together is disgusting and is the reason this recovery has been slowed dramatically, 240+ filibusters is pure insanity, holding the country's credit rating ransom in a high stakes game of chicken is insane.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Slavery isn't the civil rights movement...
    Ask yourself a very basic question. Without knowing anything about the history of slavery, who would you hypothesize to be more likely to be opposed to slavery? Liberals or conservatives?

Frank-King
    Frank-King's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7167

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    See that's your problem right there, the fact that you don't believe there is a fuk'in problem with the GOP. Your party just got their ass handed to them on a sliver platter and you fuks still don't get it! Your greedy unwillingness to compromise is your party's downfall and will continue to be unless you all come to realize that paying your fair share and playing it forward so all working people have equal opportunity is the way to go. Stop worrying about the fuk'in wealthy John and put yourself in the place of the struggling middle class, that is if you can come down outta that fuk'in cloud of illusion you live in.

The only reason we have trillion dollars deficits now is because of the wars started by the Bush administration and the deregulation of the banking industry and Wall Street, which lead to the big ass fuk'in of American workers. Factor in guys like your momon buddy Romney doing underhand shit like leveraging companies so deep in debt, they couldn't possibly survive and ultimately failed, putting more hard working Americans out of work and in poverty! While that asshole walked away with millions in ill gotten dirty fuk'in money!

You know John, I'd like to believe your "congrats" is sincere and meaningful, but we both know its a load of horseshit. Tempered with your little speech I quoted you on, your real meaning is one of resentment and the belief you republicans will be able to continue on with the status quo. Even your cry baby boy house speaker John Boehner, couldn't wait to tweet out, "We're not repealing the Bush tax cuts." And so it goes on, for now anyway.

Just remember this, President Obama has stated he will take this to the people, the Americans who elected him and want to see change and move forward with getting our country back to where it should be. Yeah republicans have the house majority, but let them continue to act in the ignorant childish ways they do and see how long American voters put up with it. President Obama is extending an olive branch to your party, he does sincerely care about the well being of all people, not just the privileged few. Lets hope republicans wise up and take it, before your party is over for good.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Here's an example of how the majority party negotiates. This news came out a few minutes ago.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -
    The leader of the Senate's Democratic majority, Harry Reid, said he had conferred Wednesday morning with his Republican counterpart in the U.S. House of Representatives, Speaker John Boehner, and both had agreed not to "draw any lines in the sand" for the time being.

At the same time, Reid stressed that Democrats were not likely to budge from their standard negotiating position, that tax increases should apply to the wealthy, not those in the middle class or below.

Boehner will make his case a day after American voters gave Obama a second term, but maintained a divided government, with Republicans still in control of the House and Democrats still holding the Senate.

Boehner will argue that Republicans and Democrats must "take steps together," a spokesman said in a press release.

Basically, the Democrats idea of negotiating is cramming their agenda down the the throats of the minority party. When they resist the Democrats say see the Republicans won't negotiate.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6958

jwater

Ask yourself a very basic question. Without knowing anything about the history of slavery, who would you hypothesize to be more likely to be opposed to slavery? Liberals or conservatives?
    Liberals. But the democrats of the 1960's are pretty much similar to the democrats today and it was the democrats opposing the civil rights act of 1964. So you can't say republicans have been on the wrong end of every civil issue in our history.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

The Civil Rights Act was signed by a southern democratic president. The southern democrats who fought against the bill left the party and voted for Wallace in 1968 and are now republicans.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    DwightShruite How does it feel to be so fukkin wrong
    you should know more than anyone. Now go clean your room and take out the garbage before your mom and dad get home.

First 1234 Last