Originally posted on 11/07/2012:

SBR_John, granted this is coming from a Canadian, I feel compelled to let you know my non-biased view on what I see external to your country.

First you say this:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
Should be interesting to see if there can be some compromise in Washington.
Then you say this:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

I personally don't think there is a problem. I would rather lose than compromise my core believes which is we should not spend money we don't have and we need to align our tax rates to the rest of the world.

The real problem is the Democrats have convinced folks its ok to run up trillion dollar deficits and there is no paying the piper. The electorate is not holding their president accountable.

The Republicans have a majority in the House, enough in the Senate to kill reckless spending and something like 30 Governors. You don't make wholesale changes because an incumbent president is re-elected with 50.2% of the popular vote.
It is very strange to me that in one statement, you want compromise and the second statement you declare you will not compromise.

Also to me, it really seems hypocritical that you complain about the deficit that Obama ran up when he was left with an economy in shambles and two wars that were not budgeted for.

There is no question that Obama could have done a better job in his first term but it is not as bad as you imply.

In my opinion, compromise takes two parties that have some level of trust and have a joint interest to succeed for the greater good...

I imagine I will get ripped by the "Fox News" types for this post from a "foreigner" but Canadians are greatly affected by what happens in the US and therefore we have a vested interest in your country doing well!