SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Big congrads to Obama backers and all Democrats

Phenomenal turnout, again.

Should be interesting to see if there can be some compromise in Washington.

Now we can get back to sports around here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 6 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91, tblues2005, Optional, 5mike5, SportsPedagogy, and Extra Innings

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Thanks John.

I do have a question. Do you recognize the serious problems the GOP has? Do you think the GOP leadership will finally move the GOP toward the center?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Frank-King

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Classy

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Thanks John.

I do have a question. Do you recognize the serious problems the GOP has? Do you think the GOP leadership will finally move the GOP toward the center?
    I personally don't think there is a problem. I would rather lose than compromise my core believes which is we should not spend money we don't have and we need to align our tax rates to the rest of the world.

The real problem is the Democrats have convinced folks its ok to run up trillion dollar deficits and there is no paying the piper. The electorate is not holding their president accountable.

The Republicans have a majority in the House, enough in the Senate to kill reckless spending and something like 30 Governors. You don't make wholesale changes because an incumbent president is re-elected with 50.2% of the popular vote.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Class, for sure.

leftysedge
    Update your status
    leftysedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

The real problem is all the free handouts. I think we all know what people will do for a free pizza around here, now imagine a free cell phone, $200 month free food, free housing, $500 per child per month, how can you compete against that. These programs will grow in great numbers over the next 4 years, the GOP will have to bend a little in order to ever have a chance again. Once your on the govt tit, they don't make it easy for you to leave.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I personally don't think there is a problem. I would rather lose than compromise my core believes which is we should not spend money we don't have and we need to align our tax rates to the rest of the world.

The real problem is the Democrats have convinced folks its ok to run up trillion dollar deficits and there is no paying the piper. The electorate is not holding their president accountable.

The Republicans have a majority in the House, enough in the Senate to kill reckless spending and something like 30 Governors. You don't make wholesale changes because an incumbent president is re-elected with 50.2% of the popular vote.
    John, this is the straw argument I don't understand with the GOP.

I'm assuming you were a Reagan supporter, were you worried when he was running up record deficits (for the time)?

Were you worried when Bush II was creating the largest expansion of medicare in history?

Or are you only worried about spending because a democrat is in office?

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

John, this is the straw argument I don't understand with the GOP.

I'm assuming you were a Reagan supporter, were you worried when he was running up record deficits (for the time)?

Were you worried when Bush II was creating the largest expansion of medicare in history?

Or are you only worried about spending because a democrat is in office?
    This is you after winning an election, don't want to imagine what you're like after losing one.

Instead of trying to "understand" the GOP you might be better served appreciating John and seeing if his example might be one that you could follow.

-----

Ever the Lannister, I know I owe one guy 100 pts ... sheee-yit.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by leftysedge View Post
    The real problem is all the free handouts. I think we all know what people will do for a free pizza around here, now imagine a free cell phone, $200 month free food, free housing, $500 per child per month, how can you compete against that. These programs will grow in great numbers over the next 4 years, the GOP will have to bend a little in order to ever have a chance again. Once your on the govt tit, they don't make it easy for you to leave.
    where the hell do you get 500 a child? i deal with some people on the public dole and they don't get 500 for 3 kids. Also thanks to clinton; women can't be on it for more than 3 years total (with 2 being consecutive). as far as the free phone was started on old man bush's watch.

Safelink Wireless, the largest cellphone provider of the Lifeline program and a subsidiary of Tracfone, was created under the administration of George William Bush.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks John.

Never,
    GOP will intentionally put roadblocks up in front of Obama for four more years to convince the short term memory brain dead public that Republicans are the only hope for this country and the endless circle of deception will continue onward...........

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    This is you after winning an election, don't want to imagine what you're like after losing one.

Instead of trying to "understand" the GOP you might be better served appreciating John and seeing if his example might be one that you could follow.

-----

Ever the Lannister, I know I owe one guy 100 pts ... sheee-yit.
    I'm not taunting John. I'm asking him a question.

And John's a big boy, if he doesn't want to answer or is offended, he can tell me and I will apologize.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Thanks John. It takes a man to congratulate the opposing side. You da man!

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Republicans had better compromise or they will lose again in 2016. The demographics in this country are totally in Dem's favor. Repubs need to realize this.
    Points Awarded:

ACoochy gave bb_skoots 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68521

John,

It always has and always will start with trust. Marriage, politics, partnerships, whatever. Don't you agree?

These people need to come together and get this stuff worked out.

The people should demand no less.

So many people, be it six figure people (small business, etc.), middle class (again, small business as well as hard working everyday people) and the poor are dependent on it. The very wealthy will always be fine unless they screw it up for themselves. That's on them individually.

It's right there in front of us and it is doable. A defining moment , if you will.

I have to admit, I am skeptical at best that these people will do it, but I am most hopeful they will.

Off topic, keep up the good work here at SBR.

You, as well as the entire staff are doing a great job.

I thank you for that.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

I'm not taunting John. I'm asking him a question.
    In the original post John applauds the heavy participation levels in the election and expresses hope that two sides can work together.

Then you pop in to ask questions framed to make him seem like a one-sided jerk unless he agrees with you.

It's right there in black and white: that is who SBRJohn is today, that is who SamDiamond is today. If we had an SBR election on who could use a serious attitude adjustment I think it would be a one-sided affair.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Yes its been a great week for the public/squares betting the favorites.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Walker does stuff with class

Gentleman and a fukkin scholar

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

God bless you Walker

Time to pay your fair share of taxes

Bush tax cuts.............GONE

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good shit John

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10287

John,
    Class gesture.
    No matter party affiliation or no affiliation...
    We are all Americans first.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Good to see John lets hope they work together

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

john you dont think they have to appeal to hispanics at least somewhat?

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

John thanks for the congrats to the Democrats and realizing that there is a serious problem with the candidate that the GOP had.

I seem to agree with the forum the GOP better make adjustments for the changes in our electorate. The GOP better find a way to make the economy get better in the next two years or there will be a Democratic house next time to say first. The immigration issue should be a big topic in the next two years also and there needs to be a deal made to reduce the deficit. This next 60 days are going to be huge and there needs to be a deal breaker here soon or the people are going to be pretty mad at whats going on here. Obama said it right and we do need to pay attention to whats going on and be sure to stay in contact with your House members and Senate members. This isn't over yet and there is an awful long ways to go to get everything back on track here. It is going to be very interesting to know what happens now in this lame duck session for them. I think there will be more done and I am pretty sure that there will be more done.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact that you can you honestly say this, yet not bring up the fact that the trillion dollar Iraq and Afghan wars were started with no plan to pay for them speaks volumes.

You don't make wholesale changes because an incumbent president is re-elected with 50.2% of the popular vote.
    Bush was re-elected with 286 electoral votes and 50.7% of the vote in 2004
    "I earned capital in this campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it," Bush told reporters. "It is my style."
    Points Awarded:

goduke gave muldoon 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: goduke

TC Woods
    TC Woods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Never,
    GOP will intentionally put roadblocks up in front of Obama for four more years to convince the short term memory brain dead public that Republicans are the only hope for this country and the endless circle of deception will continue onward...........
    Definitely agree with that!!!!

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

A disgruntled John Boner is spewing the same shit as before about taxing the rich.

Yep, same shit different year.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

John, give us pissed off Romney supporters a winner tonight

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Their philosophy on the economy is not the problem. The social issues is where they scare the crap out of the independent vote. Until they soften on the social issues, they have no chance. They want an open and free economy, but want to control how people live their lives. Let people be free to live how they want and focus on the economy.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1345

The real problem is the Democrats have convinced folks its ok to run up and there is no paying the piper. The electorate is not holding their president accountable.

See that's your problem right there, the fact that you don't believe there is a fuk'in problem with the GOP. Your party just got their ass handed to them on a sliver platter and you fuks still don't get it! Your greedy unwillingness to compromise is your party's downfall and will continue to be unless you all come to realize that paying your fair share and playing it forward so all working people have equal opportunity is the way to go. Stop worrying about the fuk'in wealthy John and put yourself in the place of the struggling middle class, that is if you can come down outta that fuk'in cloud of illusion you live in.

The only reason we have trillion dollars deficits now is because of the wars started by the Bush administration and the deregulation of the banking industry and Wall Street, which lead to the big ass fuk'in of American workers. Factor in guys like your momon buddy Romney doing underhand shit like leveraging companies so deep in debt, they couldn't possibly survive and ultimately failed, putting more hard working Americans out of work and in poverty! While that asshole walked away with millions in ill gotten dirty fuk'in money!

You know John, I'd like to believe your "congrats" is sincere and meaningful, but we both know its a load of horseshit. Tempered with your little speech I quoted you on, your real meaning is one of resentment and the belief you republicans will be able to continue on with the status quo. Even your cry baby boy house speaker John Boehner, couldn't wait to tweet out, "We're not repealing the Bush tax cuts." And so it goes on, for now anyway.

Just remember this, President Obama has stated he will take this to the people, the Americans who elected him and want to see change and move forward with getting our country back to where it should be. Yeah republicans have the house majority, but let them continue to act in the ignorant childish ways they do and see how long American voters put up with it. President Obama is extending an olive branch to your party, he does sincerely care about the well being of all people, not just the privileged few. Lets hope republicans wise up and take it, before your party is over for good.

leftysedge
    Update your status
    leftysedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Every state varies, where I live a single mother of three gets way more than $1500 a month in money and vouchers combined. You do time out, but there are many ways around that. I work in this business as well.

The phone program was started by old man Bush, but for different reasons. It has grown tenfold in usage and cost, like most government programs.[

I don't have a problem with the principals behind either of these progams, I see everyday how they are abused though. My point was that when you are getting something for free that you didin't earn, people are going to vote for that person.QUOTE=chico2663;16680716]where the hell do you get 500 a child? i deal with some people on the public dole and they don't get 500 for 3 kids. Also thanks to clinton; women can't be on it for more than 3 years total (with 2 being consecutive). as far as the free phone was started on old man bush's watch.
    Safelink Wireless, the largest cellphone provider of the Lifeline program and a subsidiary of Tracfone, was created under the administration of George William Bush.
    [/QUOTE]

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

big fuucking deal. deep down inside john doesn't mean it. he even spelled congrats wrong. i demand an apology from john. say you're sorry john damn it

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8430

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Never,
    it takes two to tango

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    it takes two to tango
    The answer to Clinton when he (and Hillary) tried to implement health care reform, was to table a plan which included an individual mandate (Heritage foundation)

Obama walked back some of what he wanted, proposed what Mass had (essentially) and you saw what happened.

It might take 2 to tango, but when your party is filled with old folks from Dirty Dancing, it makes it a bit more difficult when dancing is off the table.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...ocS_story.html

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Did you have an issue when Bush was spending recklessly on wars to revenge his daddy? As to your last paragraph, this is the exact reason nothing in Washington ever gets accomplished, whenever Republicans dont get their way they pout and delay any action for 4 years until they can try again. The Republicans dont care that they lost because as long as they have the House or the Senate they know they can do nothing for 4 years and blame it on the President, and alot of our nation is too ignorant to understand. I wish we could just see what Obama is actually capable of for 4 years without having him jump through 8 million hoops. Bush got free rein, and we saw what a wonderful job did but yet everyone is so tenative to let a more educated man with better ideas have free rein.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8430

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    It might take 2 to tango, but when your party is filled with old folks from Dirty Dancing, it makes it a bit more difficult when dancing is off the table.
    hard to disagree but it seems like you guys just blame the GOP and give Obama a free pass. Again and again.

It's simple to me. Obama is the President and will be for 4 more years (F#$@) and its up to him to show leadership. 4 years wasted with bickering and extending bills for a few months at a time hoping things will magically improve. Let's see if he can be a leader in the next 4 years or will he just waste another 4 years.

1234 Last