manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Obama is scared to death

This is a blowout
    if it was a blow-in you would be winning coach.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    Flat tax, zero deductions. Stop the bullshit. Under that the "rich" people would be paying more than they are now, but the same percentage as everyone.
    It's only right that everybody pulls their own weight.

tomseaver286
    tomseaver286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Flat tax anyone?
    A flat tax system could work, IF, there were no deductions whatsoever. Sadly, tax lawyers and other stakeholders will never let that legislation get through congress. Do you have any idea how much in taxes the president and Romney would have paid if there were a flat tax without deductions? A LOT!

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

WOW

Romney fukkin burying Obama...

tomseaver286

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Of course Obama will win...

Dumb people have more kids than smart people...

Doesn't mean what Romney is saying isn't right...

Obama is being exposed for the joke of a politician he is...
    You clearly don't follow the Mormon faith.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by tomseaver286 View Post
    A flat tax system could work, IF, there were no deductions whatsoever. Sadly, tax lawyers and other stakeholders will never let that legislation get through congress. Do you have any idea how much in taxes the president and Romney would have paid if there were a flat tax without deductions? A LOT!
    I have a deduction, but it's a deduction everyone gets, so people don't think the poor are being slighted. I would fully support a flat tax, whereby the first $10,000-$20,000 is untaxed. Maybe that number is $10,000, maybe it's $15,000. Every single penny earned after that ammount is taxed the same percent across the board. The rich pay more dollars, yet the same percentage as everyone else.

tomseaver286

I have a deduction, but it's a deduction everyone gets, so people don't think the poor are being slighted. I would fully support a flat tax, whereby the first $10,000-$20,000 is untaxed. Maybe that number is $10,000, maybe it's $15,000. Every single penny earned after that ammount is taxed the same percent across the board. The rich pay more dollars, yet the same percentage as everyone else.
    I agree with you. That would be ideal, but the rich will never go for it. I live pretty close to one of Romney's homes in La Jolla. I can tell you this, neither rich Democrats nor rich Republicans would let that pass. Steve Forbes proposed a flat tax years ago and they laughed him off the stage.

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a moderate, like most Americans. Romney's "plan" is just not feasible. You can't cut taxes and solve the deficit. It will not happen. To solve the deficit we need to raise taxes on somebody.
    You dont raise taxes.You create jobs so more people pay taxes.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

I know it's not 70 but he also wants to raise capital gains tax, that is terrible for businesses so many investors will be pissed
    Who said anything about raising taxes to 70%?

Yes, I do realize how LARGE the U.S. budget is and I can promise you this, you can't cut enough to overcome the deficit. You have to raise taxes on someone. It worked during the Clinton era and it can work again. The problem is that neither of these politicians wants to tell you the truth. Taxes must be raised on some segment.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13935

Sgt. Slaughter

meader99

Well, I can not wait for the VP debate. Mr. Ryan will absolutely destroy Biden. The Dems must be shuttering at the fact that Biden is going to be on that stage without someone to stop him from putting his foot in his mouth. I think Romney went a long way tonight in making this a race again.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1461

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    And how is he doing that?????

Romney as Gov.....

The Reality: As the nation’s economy grew and the median income rose, under Romney, Massachusetts plummeted from 36th to 47th out of 50 states in job creation, and the median income declined.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

somebody get this guy a phone so he can dial 911 he just got his rooster trampled on.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 01:22 PM.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

its like I always say
    Democrats are poor trying to get rich and republicans are rich and trying to keep their money

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

That was he least insprired debate performance I've ever seen. Really makes you wonder if Obama even cares if he is reelected. Wow.

indzrul
    indzrul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 543

A flat tax would be a huge increase for over half of all Americans.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Set a DECENT special line on Obama John. Die or charity for me here. Going out with a bang.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Set a DECENT special line on Obama John. Die or charity for me here. Going out with a bang.

Shari dont believe the hype here in America for Obama, He is not going to win. Trust me bet on Romney, that way the charity actually gets something.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    Shari dont believe the hype here in America for Obama, He is not going to win. Trust me bet on Romney, that way the charity actually gets something.

tomseaver286

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    Wrong. Just because a person has a job does NOT mean that they pay income tax. Many people are below the federal threshold and therefore do not pay income tax.

It is impossible, I repeat impossible for Mr. Romney or President Obama to create enough jobs over the next few years to solve the deficit. That's a silly idea that even the dumbest economist will shoot down.

Someone has to pay the piper. This neocon fantasy that we can keep cutting taxes for everyone and solve our deficit problem is laughable. EVERYONE and their mother received a tax break and extra cash from George W. Bush. I hate to say it, but the bill has come due. Someone has to pay.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Wrong. Just because a person has a job does NOT mean that they pay income tax. Many people are below the federal threshold and therefore do not pay income tax.

It is impossible, I repeat impossible for Mr. Romney or President Obama to create enough jobs over the next few years to solve the deficit. That's a silly idea that even the dumbest economist will shoot down.

Someone has to pay the piper. This neocon fantasy that we can keep cutting taxes for everyone and solve our deficit problem is laughable. EVERYONE and their mother received a tax break and extra cash from George W. Bush. I hate to say it, but the bill has come due. Someone has to pay.
    I think Bush stopped being president 4 years ago and the current guy extended those tax cuts. I could be wrong.

Romney has the right plan. Butcher spending and get rid of these senseless deductions. Obama's killing of the Keystone pipeline and denying permits to drill on public land are simple of examples of how he doesn't get it. The US president should be doing everything possible to get the economy moving and cutting spending. Obama's plan is actually the exact opposite.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's only right that everybody pulls their own weight.
    So mandatory volunteer military service?

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Obama is so f*cked. This was his only debate to actually shine! The next one is foreign policy which he will get creamed on again because the Middle East is on fire right now! Especially with the way they handled the Libya debacle! And then we get Ryan vs Biden! Anyone who think Biden stands a chance is delusional!

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    So mandatory volunteer military service?
    Mandatory volunteer would be an oxymoron.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Comments from Europe's liberal press:

Political commentators in France and Germany registered surprise at Obama's underwhelming performance, saying the election could be much tighter as a result.

"Obama showed a lack of desire to be president, which could put him on shaky ground as a presidential candidate," said liberal German news magazine Der Spiegel.

"It's now clear that to get back into the White House the U.S. president needs running shoes, not flip-flops."

France's Le Monde appeared equally surprised by Obama's sub-par performance. "Where did the favorite go?" it asked on its front page, with a headline below saying: "Obama fails his first televised debate against an incisive Romney."

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Offer Obama +100 John
    Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave CanuckG 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fishhead, and Matt Rain

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

*Fishhead will deduct 94 betpoints from iffold

**Romney 5 kids, Obama 2 kids

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'm surprised to see so many of you act blindsided by a Romney rout in Debate 1.

Romney has the advantage of being non-specific and theoretical with his policy -- much like Obama four years ago.

Obama has to debate based on his track record, which isn't good. This had all the makings of a slaughter. But remember, it's dangerous to back a candidate based on what he'll say just to get elected, vs. what he'll actually do when elected. That's how we ended up with Obama in the first place. Yet that's also why, if we elect Romney, there are no guarantees. He can afford to be cryptic right now. Be careful.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rkelly110

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Domination. Undecideds flocking to Romney in droves. Wrap it up.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Anyone still think Romney can't debate??
    I know Romney can lie thats for sure enjoy it now John 98% sure President Obama will call him on these lies next time out( not sure if its the foreign policy debate?) not sure what Romney's plan is but hes about to get destroyed enjoy it now sbr john but its coming Last nights debate was actually a good thing for president Obama if you really look at it.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

all the premature ejaculators getting all worked up.

the thing that counts the most is the finish.

have you given any thought this is the dem's strategy?

look weak and give romney some confidence then bammmm!!!

game over...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Offer Obama +100 John
    exactly, put up or shut up!!!

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10504

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I think Bush stopped being president 4 years ago and the current guy extended those tax cuts. I could be wrong.

Romney has the right plan. Butcher spending and get rid of these senseless deductions. Obama's killing of the Keystone pipeline and denying permits to drill on public land are simple of examples of how he doesn't get it. The US president should be doing everything possible to get the economy moving and cutting spending. Obama's plan is actually the exact opposite.
    April 23, 2012 Barack Obama: In the past three years, "we've added enough new oil and gas pipeline to circle the Earth and then some." — True

April 17, 2012 Mike Dovilla: Says President Obama's decision to not issue a permit for the Keystone XL pipeline meant "we were denied the ability immediately to reduce prices at the pump." — False

April 2, 2012 Rob Portman: "Last year, we produced 14 percent less oil on public lands than we did the year before." — Mostly True
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 01:23 PM.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 01:23 PM.

Blackroc78
    Blackroc78's Avatar Become A Pro!

the past 12 years have been a joke, Romney is the answer.

First 12345 ... Last