The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    I would say the same thing if I realized I was a dumbass. Let's bring up how much of a dumbass Bush was but not mention anything about Obama. Typical POS democrat who thinks you're right about everything.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Thank you for finally saying it, god damn you are dense.

You got your fukking feelings hurt that I said Bush was a bad president but didn't mention anything about Obama

THANK YOU

And once again

Un fukking god gamn real

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    THANK YOU!!!!!!

Thank you for finally saying it, god damn you are dense.

You got your fukking feelings hurt that I said Bush was a bad president but didn't mention anything about Obama

THANK YOU

And once again

Un fukking god gamn real

Honest observation, any logic you thought you had has been destroyed in this thread. You honestly look like a fool.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    ok I obviously agree 100% with Jeffie's last post. Millions do.

Having said that, serious question then .... Why do you like Obama? What do you think his legacy will be?
    Simple, he got shit done that helped minorities, he helped the little guy.

I have a gay aunt that fought her whole life for marriage equality, she lobbied supreme court justices, she was ridiculed by republican law makers ( a woman in her 70's) who grew up gay when it wasn't cool, or acceptable, and he nominates Kagan and Sotamayor to the bench and both vote for marriage equality rights for gays. That was a huge day for a lot of Americans that spent their entire life being ridiculed for their sexuality and Obama made this a priority of his. He helped real people here. His administration also repealed don't ask, don't tell.

He grew the EPA and attempted to expand their powers to shut down some of the dirtiest power plants in the US.

He opposed the Keystone XL Pipeline.

I support his health care reform because at the very core of it, is the interest of people that don't have a voice, the underrepresented that fall through the cracks. Individuals that are exploited by health insurance companies, that have to declare bankruptcy due to medical bills, or have a kid die because an insurance company will not pre-approve a surgery due to the fact it was a pre-existing condition.

Dwight I understand you may not agree with why I like Obama and we could literally debate his policies for weeks, and honestly I'm not interested in that. Everything I mentioned above has been debated and the dead horse beaten, throw global warming in there. I'm not interested in debating it anymore.

It all comes back to this is the first president I remember that actively fought to improve the quality of life for Americas lowest class, the minorities that often get drowned out of the conversation in American politics. He took a stance on the Trayvon Marin shooting, I liked that. Many didn't, they think that racial tension is worse now under him that it ever has been, but is it because of him or is it that he empowered black people to have a voice? I have my opinions and we probably disagree.

But you asked why I like him and that's why.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 11-04-15 at 07:35 PM.

brooks85

wow, right away you I can tell you have NO idea what you're talking about. There isn't a metric out there that supports this BS you just said.

in response to post below;

wrong again, been in this thread since 2010. You just have to accept you have nothing. Or else keeping looking childish.
    Last edited by brooks85; 11-04-15 at 07:39 PM.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Honest observation, any logic you thought you had has been destroyed in this thread. You honestly look like a fool.
    Brooks, I'm 110% sure you haven't read this thread. You just randomly throw shit on the wall to see what sticks.

You're in elite company Brooks, with President Bush.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

I have a gay aunt that fought her whole life for marriage equality, she lobbied supreme court justices, she was ridiculed by republican law makers ( a woman in her 70's) who grew up gay when it wasn't cool, or acceptable, and he nominates Kagan and Sotamayor to the bench and both vote for marriage equality rights for gays. That was a huge day for a lot of Americans that spent their entire life being ridiculed for their sexuality and Obama made this a priority of his. He helped real people here. His administration also repealed don't ask, don't tell.

He grew the EPA and attempted to expand their powers to shut down some of the dirtiest power plants in the US.

He opposed the Keystone XL Pipeline.

I support his health care reform because at the very core of it, is the interest of people that don't have a voice, the underrepresented that fall through the cracks.

Dwight I understand you may not agree with why I like Obama and we could literally debate his policies for weeks, and honestly I'm not interested in that. Everything I mentioned above has been debated and the dead horse beaten, throw global warming in there. I'm not interested in debating it anymore.

It all comes back to this is the first president I remember that actively fought to improve the quality of life for Americas lowest class, the minorities that often get drowned out of the conversation in American politics. He took a stance on the Trayvon Marin shooting, I liked that. Many didn't, they think that racial tension is worse now under him that it ever has been, but is it because of him or is it that he empowered black people to have a voice? I have my opinions and we probably disagree.

But you asked why I like him and that's why.
    ok fair enough. You answered.

You do know that minorities are worse off since Obama took office? The black unemployment rate is higher today than it was when he took office. He introduced the highest tax increase on the middle class in US history. Obamacare. Aren't your deductibles going up 61% this year? How can a government force someone to buy something I don't understand? Surely there must be a plan that all politicians can agree with instead of the other side vowing to replace it at every chance? Surely he could have lead the way and worked with both sides and designed a plan all would support. That would have been a huge step for the rest of his presidency.

As far as the gay thing goes, you do know Obama was against gay marriage until very recently? Didn't the Supreme court make that ruling 5-4? For the record, I am not one of these guys who criticizes every flip flop or evolution a politician makes. I think gays have as much right to be miserable as married couples. It was only a matter of time anyways. Why fight it I say. I don't think Obama gets any credit for that however. He just happened to be potus when it did. We can agree to disagree on that.

As far a Treyvon goes, I am not calling Obama racist, but didn't he involve himself in a couple different instances over the years? All young black men? Not to mention the older black professor and Beergate? Isn't he supposed to be the president for all people not just African americans? Surely you can understand how that is perceived?

That's my 2 bits.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 11-04-15 at 07:53 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Not-A-Kid

The Kraken

ok fair enough. You answered.

You do know that minorities are worse off since Obama took office? The black unemployment rate is higher today than it was when he took office. He introduced the highest tax increase on the middle class in US history. Obamacare. Aren't your deductibles going up 61% this year? How can a government force someone to buy something I don't understand? Surely there must be a plan that all politicians can agree with instead of the other side vowing to replace it at every chance? Surely he could have lead the way and worked with both sides and designed a plan all would support. That would have been a huge step for the rest of his presidency.

As far as the gay thing goes, you do know Obama was against gay marriage until very recently? Didn't the Supreme court make that ruling 5-4? For the record, I am not one of these guys who criticizes every flip flop or evolution a politician makes. I think gays have as much right to be miserable as married couples. It was only a matter of time anyways. Why fight it I say. I don't think Obama gets any credit for that however. He just happened to be potus when it did. We can agree to disagree on that.

That's my 2 bits.
    Yes, him and Hilary both. And yes, the SCOTUS voted on the marriage equality act, but he did nominate two of the sitting judges that supported the measure. As for him just being the sitting POTUS when it happened, I would counter that he pushed it to happen and he personally put pieces into place to ensure it's success. He gets a lot of deserved criticism, as every president does, and I give him credit for this one, not solely, but I do give him credit. And it made a big difference in a lot of peoples lives. Not mine, not yours, hell not even his, but it did make a difference.

As for minorities being in a worse place today, I really don't know if that's true, and even if it is, I'm not sure it can be placed solely on his shoulders. As you alluded to, sometimes things happen during a presidents tenure that really have nothing to do with him, like 9/11. That plane was flying into that building regardless who was sitting behind that desk, so I don't blame Bush for 9/11, it just happened on his watch, and he dealt with it. How he dealt with it I disagree with, I think he went after the wrong people, but that's another topic. My point being, maybe Obama is the reason blacks are worse off, maybe not, I'm not sure. Maybe it was just one of those things, or maybe it resulted from his policies.

Either way, in my view, he got a lot done for a lot of people that had never been recognized by the president before.

The Kraken

wow, right away you I can tell you have NO idea what you're talking about. There isn't a metric out there that supports this BS you just said.

in response to post below;

wrong again, been in this thread since 2010. You just have to accept you have nothing. Or else keeping looking childish.
    Common Brooks, you need a metric to look around? In all your infinite wisdom, you need a number to tell you what to think?

Get real Brooks and join the real world. Many gays now have marriage equality. Many previously uninsured, low-income earners now have health insurance, blah blah blah, etc etc etc

brooks85

Common Brooks, you need a metric to look around? In all your infinite wisdom, you need a number to tell you what to think?

Get real Brooks and join the real world. Many gays now have marriage equality. Many previously uninsured, low-income earners now have health insurance, blah blah blah, etc etc etc
    here we go again, same logic you use for man made climate change... lol

not very smart.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i don't know if it's my pain meds and lyrica that have my head spinning and dizzy, or the fact that I stumbled into this thread and read a the last couple pages of posts.....

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    i don't know if it's my pain meds and lyrica that have my head spinning and dizzy, or the fact that I stumbled into this thread and read a the last couple pages of posts.....
    It's the Lyrica, guaranteed.

I took that shit for a few months and took myself off of it. I have worked on Oxycontin, Percs, PO Dilaudid, you name it, and was always alert, safe and felt confident i could do my job.

On Lyrica, I could never find words, I would start sentences and then just stop abruptly, searching for my thoughts. Patients families probably thought I was having a stroke. I worked about 4 shifts like this and then that was it, I would no longer take it on work days. Then the effects lingered, so I stopped altogether. Worst medicine I ever took.

I worked with another nurse for a few years, she was the dumbest nurse I ever met, found out she was on Lyrica for diabetic neuropathy That explained everything.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14757

Brooks hates his country.
    Simple.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    Donkers alive!!!!! Thought you floated away to somewhere in the gulf. I guess you're out of a drought?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

I support his health care reform because at the very core of it, is the interest of people that don't have a voice, the underrepresented that fall through the cracks. Individuals that are exploited by health insurance companies, that have to declare bankruptcy due to medical bills, or have a kid die because an insurance company will not pre-approve a surgery due to the fact it was a pre-existing condition.
    So you feel ACA is a success?

DwightShrute

Someone posted this on my friend's facebook page

[IMG]https://*********************************/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/10450978_1286878131453220_22799644313641 58654_n.jpg?oh=02a34b0e693f995e969b5d37e 4482a2e&oe=56F9B1D5[/IMG]

Thanks Obama for the fine for not having insurance
    Because the the plan I had that was 398.00 a month for my family only increased to 1400.00 a month in 2014
    So I chose not to pay 1400.00 a month
    So got a nice little fine
    Thanks for the affordable care act.
    Thanks for making it so affordable!!

stevenash

^
    I can do better than that.

Kraken? Care to debate me on this.
    Be careful, I have my ducks in a row, and facts together.

Bear in mind I work for an insurance company.

What say you? Up for a clean debate on ACA?

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Is that what they call it? the shared responsibility payment? Fuckin joke this utopia philosophy

brooks85

Because the the plan I had that was 398.00 a month for my family only increased to 1400.00 a month in 2014
    tell your buddy to check into what happens next year so he can prepare and tell him to buy some $HRB to offset the cost because their CEO is giddy about their increased revenue due to the surprise.

DwightShrute

tell your buddy to check into what happens next year so he can prepare and tell him to buy some $HRB to offset the cost because their CEO is giddy about their increased revenue due to the surprise.
    ya I hear its going up 60% or more? WTF?

Not my buddy but a friend did share it https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

stevenash

^
    Tell his buddy how he lied straight up to the Union leaders on how Obama would not touch the union health plans yet to torch the unions on their cadlicac health plans.

Lied to the Unions straight up just to retain their support.

Come on Kracken, want to debate?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    So you feel ACA is a success?
    Its way too early to say whether its a success or failure, we just changed the entire way a country receives healthcare

Too many people want it to fail, so they see it struggling early on and claim its a failure

Lets give it time, it has helped people that needed help, they're still tweaking it.

I dont know when the appropriate time is to claim it a failure or success but right now seems too eary given how big of a change it is

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    I can do better than that.

Kraken? Care to debate me on this.
    Be careful, I have my ducks in a row, and facts together.

Bear in mind I work for an insurance company.

What say you? Up for a clean debate on ACA?
    Absolutely, I can debate this with you. You have a different perspective on this than I do, but I will gladly debate you with an open mind.

Disclaimer: Im at work on my cell, so I probably won't give a srs response until Saturday

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Its way too early to say whether its a success or failure, we just changed the entire way a country receives healthcare

Too many people want it to fail, so they see it struggling early on and claim its a failure

Lets give it time, it has helped people that needed help, they're still tweaking it.

I dont know when the appropriate time is to claim it a failure or success but right now seems too eary given how big of a change it is
    The entire thing was a failure since its creation and was sold to the American public on a bunch of flat out lies. So much so that Obama even received Lie of the Year honors for it. Even the architect of the bill came out and said it was sold to the public based on a bunch of lies. You can not dispute that fact.

It was a piece of shit bill thrown together at the last minute by the Democrats because they needed to pass something while they held the super majority to say they did something. It was 2,500+ pages that was finalized less than 48 hours before the vote. There is no way in hell anyone could read all that in less than 48 hours and have a viable position on the bill. They went ahead and barely had enough votes to pass it and then ended up making last minute special deals with a few select congressman from their own party to get to the threshold they needed to pass the bill. Remember Pelosi saying "we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it"? Remember this bill being "passed" by the procedural Budget Reconciliation move that is not even what the provision was designed to do in the first place? Oh, and they're still "tweaking it". What kind of law gets passed and then gets "revised" 100s and 100s of times? Isn't this the exact opposite of the bill creation process?

No one wants it to fail, it IS a failure at the highest levels of government. Obama promising to bring everyone together and be the most transparent and honest president in recent time and then he goes to his caucus and makes them throw together this half-assed POS bill. He had a super majority and could have tackled anything he wanted, and instead he chose to focus on Obamacare which turned out to be an epic failure and ultimately cost him his super majority as the American public voted out the Dems and lead to the historic losses for the Dems in mid terms.

brb Joe Biden saying "we're going to control the insurance companies"
    brb Obama saying "if you like you plan you can keep your plan"
    brb Pelosi saying "everyone will have lower rates, better policies, and better access"
    brb $90mil website estimate now actually costing over $2 billion

Oh but it's all good because you feel it attempts to put people's interest first? I hate to break it to you, but feelings are not good enough reasoning to support such a piss poor bill.

People seem to forget history.
    Last edited by ToPHeR; 11-05-15 at 01:23 PM.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't support ACA (it was a giveaway to the for-profit insurance industry - which shouldn't exist - and still leaves out much of the working-poor who make too much for medicaid but not enough to afford insurance), however, i will argue the "ACA is a success" side.

facts:
    uninsured rate at historic low thanks to ACA (16% pre-ACA, 9% now). that's millions of people who now have access to healthcare who didn't before.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamo...torically-low/

ACA is going to cost 20% less than projected due to a decline in health care inflation
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...tions-cbo-says

ACA ended the real "death panels". which we all know was the 'pre-existing condition' loophole that allowed for-profit insurers to tell ratepayers to "penetrate off and die".

when you consider those facts: it's obvious to any reasonable, non-partisan motivated person, that ACA is a success compared to the previous situation.

scumbag

So much so that Obama even received Lie of the Year honors for it.
    there were a lot of lies floating around during the ACA debate.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Of course the ACA is a worthless failure......Obama and the Dems got it passed! Fukking drollers.

I'll bet if Bush did the same thing the tighty righties would be shouting from the roof tops how good it is.

I've about had it with you stupid low brow fuks. Fukking asshats in congress would rather bash and try to repeal
    than try to make it better.....for that, here's a big FU!

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Obama is a good guy.
    Correct you are sir

ToPHeR

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    there were a lot of lies floating around during the ACA debate.
    Again, another strawman argument that isn't relevant and Palin even stated that she used the term as a figure of speech to invoke fear. It doesnt even compare to Obama who won lie of the year just so he could pass his own bill. There's a pretty big difference.

Creative figure of speech vs lying to pass a bill
    Last edited by ToPHeR; 11-05-15 at 06:08 PM.

ToPHeR

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Of course the ACA is a worthless failure......Obama and the Dems got it passed! Fukking drollers.

I'll bet if Bush did the same thing the tighty righties would be shouting from the roof tops how good it is.

I've about had it with you stupid low brow fuks. Fukking asshats in congress would rather bash and try to repeal
    than try to make it better.....for that, here's a big FU!
    It pretty obvious you don't understand the law making process. Someone needs to rewatch the schoolhouse rock bill video...it's not the duty of Congress to continually edit a law 100s of times after it passes. That's why there's a process to write a bill into law. You just take on the typical liberal position of "well we got something passed so deal with it" mentality. And you wonder why the current congress is attempting to repeal a shit law....

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6513

Free healthcare for the poor, markets all recovered from the 2008 crash, gas is dirt cheap, unemployment rates solid... id say hes doing a pretty good job.

ToPHeR

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Free healthcare for the poor, markets all recovered from the 2008 crash, gas is dirt cheap, unemployment rates solid... id say hes doing a pretty good job.

1. It's not free. It's subsidized
    2. Quantitative easing
    3. Domestic production i.e. supply demand
    4.far from solid. Workforce participation and temp part time Jobs with low wages

scumbag

1. It's not free. It's subsidized it's free for the poorz.
    2. Quantitative easing right.... just like any republican president would be doing. it's more than that though, these stock buybacks are propping up the value too.
    3. Domestic production i.e. supply demand so you admit obama expanded drilling
    4.far from solid. Workforce participation and temp part time Jobs with low wages this trend is not new to obama. this is what happens when you send 60k factories to china and replace the jobs with some service-sector bullshit.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

[IMG]https://*********************************/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/10450978_1286878131453220_22799644313641 58654_n.jpg?oh=02a34b0e693f995e969b5d37e 4482a2e&oe=56F9B1D5[/IMG]

I haven't read the whole thread (or the recent back and forth) but I got a similar letter from IRS and my bill was $79.89

And lets just say that person is making a lot of dough if that is his bill based on the fact that my bill was just 79 bucks and I had a good 2014 business wise.

ToPHeR

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    1. It's not free. It's subsidized it's free for the poorz.
    2. Quantitative easing right.... just like any republican president would be doing. it's more than that though, these stock buybacks are propping up the value too.
    3. Domestic production i.e. supply demand so you admit obama expanded drilling
    4.far from solid. Workforce participation and temp part time Jobs with low wages this trend is not new to obama. this is what happens when you send 60k factories to china and replace the jobs with some service-sector bullshit.
    1. It's not free it's subsidized dumbest
    2. Strawman argument. The Fed is independent

3.no. the increased production is on private, nongovernment lands
    4.yes this trend is new when the workforce participation is at historic lows. Don't like jobs leaving? Try creating a business friendly atmosphere instead of forcing them away.

scumbag

3.no. the increased production is on private, nongovernment lands
    The administration has been a bystander during the oil boom, neither encouraging nor discouraging it, they say."You can't credit or blame the president [for the oil boom]," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst with the Oil Price Information Service. "It's been the twin pillars of price and technology. It's capitalism at work.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/28/news...bama-oil-boom/

Try creating a business friendly atmosphere instead of forcing them away.
    this penetrating guy... isn't that what he did? this partisan oyster won't give a ****** any credit.

drilling is up on federal lands too

First ... 1213141516 Last