Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2392

Homerun for Marte in yesterday's intrasquad game, WVGambler

guy showed alot of Power this winter as well.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Pirates Sign 61 year old Jose Contreras!!!!!!!!!!!

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Homerun for Marte in yesterday's intrasquad game, WVGambler

guy showed alot of Power this winter as well.
    I expect breakout season for Marte. 15-20 HR and an average around .280. Bucs will score some runs as long as Pedro doesn't continue to be a statue with 2 strikes.

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pirates are not a bad team to bet on in April and May, but they always fade off after all-star break

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Felix Pie with a HR in spring training!

wonder if this guy is gonna an accept an assignment to AAA Indy

Da Beer Guy

Felix Pie with a HR in spring training!

wonder if this guy is gonna an accept an assignment to AAA Indy
    Ofcourse he will accept it. He has no better option. Guy still has a chance at a big league career but he has a lot to prove.

What is absoulutely insane is Kyle Lohse still does not have a job. Guy was the Cardinals ace last year went 16-3 and he has no job. Opening day starter and pitched decent in playoff competition.

The Pirates could make themselves a threat to compete for the division by signing him and maybe picking up another bat.

Ofcourse the Pirates would never make a move like this.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beer Guy View Post
    Ofcourse he will accept it. He has no better option. Guy still has a chance at a big league career but he has a lot to prove.

What is absoulutely insane is Kyle Lohse still does not have a job. Guy was the Cardinals ace last year went 16-3 and he has no job. Opening day starter and pitched decent in playoff competition.

The Pirates could make themselves a threat to compete for the division by signing him and maybe picking up another bat.

Ofcourse the Pirates would never make a move like this.

no one wants Lohse because he comes with having to lose a first round draft pick.

Pirates overspending on the draft the last few years along with a few other teams made the MLB change the draft/$ rules so picks are even more coveted.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WvGambler

vrksayy
    vrksayy's Avatar Become A Pro!

shoutout to all my pittsburgh people wearing replica mccutchen jerseys.

WvGambler

Gaby went deep twice today and Marte tripled.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Gaby went deep twice today and Marte tripled.
    Nice! Happy one year anniversary on this thread and AJ bunting with his face!

if Gaby or Snider living up to potential and past expectations could make the Pirates a formidable offense like June/July last year. I think the pitching will suck this year though. I foresee a lot of overs

Da Beer Guy

BTW Chi Archie,

I must say that although i did make negative comments towards your Pirates, I really do wish them the best.

I have a friend that has season tickets to the Pirates and I had the opportunity to see a couple games at PNC last season.

Great stadium, great fans, pretty cool city too. I was at the Marlins series where they swept the Marlins , this was right before they fell apart.

I really wanted them to do well. But after they failed to go out and get Upton and they let Hanrahan get away in the off-season it just made me think your owner/ GM doesnt even give a fukk.

I mean seriously you guys had an awesome bullpen last year and to not hold on to Hanrahan is just crazy.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beer Guy View Post
    BTW Chi Archie,

I must say that although i did make negative comments towards your Pirates, I really do wish them the best.

I have a friend that has season tickets to the Pirates and I had the opportunity to see a couple games at PNC last season.

Great stadium, great fans, pretty cool city too. I was at the Marlins series where they swept the Marlins , this was right before they fell apart.

I really wanted them to do well. But after they failed to go out and get Upton and they let Hanrahan get away in the off-season it just made me think your owner/ GM doesnt even give a fukk.

I mean seriously you guys had an awesome bullpen last year and to not hold on to Hanrahan is just crazy.
    I guess time will only tell, but I think the Pirates made the smart moves by dealing Hanrahan. Grilli was a better pitcher anyways and Melancon could easily be just as valuable as an 8th inning guy. Plus Pittsburgh gets 3 other prospects including Pimental a guy that throws near 100 mph.

as for Upton, the Pirates don't need an OF-er, and they certainly don't need to be trading their top prospects for an over crowded OF for 2013. They'll using that 13 million per year that Upton would have cost to lock up Neil Walker and sign a Shortstop for 2014/17 which is where they need to continue to be focused for their actual window of being a real contender when guys like Cole, Tallion, Glasnow, Heredia, Bell, Hansen, Polanco, Marte ect are ready.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Gaby Sanchez looking very strong this spring WV, read alot of good off season workout stuff about him AND Tabata.

hope springs eternal...EVERY spring!

WvGambler

Unbelievable win today boys. Cracked the champagne here at home and everything. Eat sh!t Reds!

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Ya'll didn't comeback in this one. Cards-10 vs Pirates-6.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

WV did you see Stetson Allie tearing up A ball with 5 HR's already?

WvGambler

WV did you see Stetson Allie tearing up A ball with 5 HR's already?
    Yes! The kids a country hoss! As exciting as he and Pimentel have been playing, it's equally depressing to see Tony Sanchez only playing every other day in Indy. What a waste.

WvGambler

This rain delay is killing me. Radar looks awful. Sure as shit don't want to wash this one away

Jimmy Proffett

Man this sucks. Pedro Alvarez upped his average to .095 and got his 2nd RBI of the season too, and now they're wiped away
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Allie with another 3 hits and a HR!

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Man this sucks. Pedro Alvarez upped his average to .095 and got his 2nd RBI of the season too, and now they're wiped away
    I'm done with this Pedro alverez experiment. He gets hotfor 2 Days out of the month. I'm not a huge bases expert bit this guy is a bum ( dead weight). Bring Presley and drop this dude

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinaces View Post
    I'm done with this Pedro alverez experiment. He gets hotfor 2 Days out of the month. I'm not a huge bases expert bit this guy is a bum ( dead weight). Bring Presley and drop this dude
    I believe they already recalled Presley a few days back

Jimmy Proffett

Mike Leake has as many hits today as Pedro does all season. Think about that.

Jimmy Proffett

Pedro's hittin' some bombs now.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Raise it!!!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Raise the Jolly Roger!

15-10 and first place

ordering WS tix now
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WvGambler

Jimmy Proffett

Huge comeback by the cardiac Buccos today. Marte continues to sizzle. Really need to get our pitchers healthy. Heard Liriano's been tearing it up in AAA Indy.

Just nice to avoid the sweep today. Next up the Washington young guns come to the Burgh! Another series win @ home?

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

It's definitely early in the season but things feel a lot different about this team than the past 2 collapses. Having Marte come into his own with the huge upgrade of Russell is paying dividends. Dropping Sanchez and eventually replacing him with Liriano will definitely strength the rotation. Liked what I've seen from Jeff Locke so far and the 8th and 9th are virtually locked up. It's great to see them playing well especially against a really tough 1st half schedule. Here hoping we ride this til October!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Yeah I think I read that Liriano is projected back by May 11 and Charlie Morton for May 14

WvGambler

Look at the Pirates June schedule...brutal.

This team is different than last year mainly because we have an actual lead off hitter, and aren't getting run on with little effort. Should be another fun year.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

another great reason to pre order your WS tix for Pirate games is Jose Contreras's comeback as a bucco!

WvGambler

Starling Marte now leads the league in multi hit games with 15. Tied with Shin Soo Choo

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Really hoping Liriano shines tomorrow afternoon

Jimmy Proffett

Buccos gonna have their hands full with Matt Harvey today. If they find a way to pull this out, that would be sweet.

Milwaukee coming to town next, then the 'Stros.

First ... 2345678 ... Last