big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post

Mike brown is a great defensive coach.

I'm just saying, you guys love stats, so going by stats, those cavs teams were the best in the east for about 4 years in a row.
    Yes, Brown is a great defensive coach. Horrible offensive coach.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    There are 48M in an NBA game. Lebron is typically dominant for 46 of them.

Forget comparing him to Kobe, that's always going to bring out the ridiculous. Just compare him to Wade in terms of his late-game demeanor, use the advanced metrics to figure out which of them closes out with a killer instinct.

You just said it right there...Lebrons last 2 minutes of the game would never come into question if HE ALONE wasn't carrying the team for the first 46.

I don't think Kobe takes those Cavs teams to best record or the NBA Finals...But I can only imagine that Lebron could take every single one of those Lakers teams to the Finals.

Now onto Miami...Lebron and Bosh could take this team to the NBA Finals...There is a much lesser chance that Kobe and Bosh could.

Don't get me wrong, Kobe and Lebron, both great players...Lebron can carry a team differently than Kobe can, while Kobe can make "more" clutch shots in the last 2 minutes...

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

This guy keeps getting better and better

Someone as smart as you think you are, arguing on an anonymous gambling forum

Almost unreal
    Hes a kid probably still in college if hes still in college.... Really who trys this hard to look like an intellectual in fakkin players talk (on a degen gambling chit chat board ) he crushed me im so crushed im not sure how I'll ever be able to post on sbr again

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

so dlunc, if you were the coach, which player do you have shoot the last shot if it was game7 of the finals?

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    so dlunc, if you were the coach, which player do you have shoot the last shot if it was game7 of the finals?
    lol here we go...

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

After last year, how can you take anyone but dirk?

MoneyOnBball
    MoneyOnBball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

This Wojnnarowski guy on Yahoo has been writing anti-Lebron articles for a while now. He's not very subjective here.

Also, I had to laugh at this line in the article..."After all, this was an All-Star game, and ultimately the moment everyone had waited to witness" . LOL. Wtf? Who exactly was waiting for the all-star game? The all-star game is a social event and a great publicity event for the NBA and nothing more.

darkhat

Him and the jet shot the lights out.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

tough not to say dirk...

but honestly, I would want the ball in Chris Paul's hands

broadway6
    on to the next one

Lebron or Kobe...

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Is poochie collins serious? Whos troll account is this? First comparing the Cleveland of last year to lebrons years, than saying Miami wouldn't of made the finals without Lebron. I love the Lebron fans who are so quick to point out his great stats in the regular season, then ignore his TERRIBLE finals numbers. Just saw his post to teaser too, wow. What a clown. There always so many experts, geniuses, etc on an anonymous Internet forum. Cut your losses and stop here unreal
    Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I know right I actually laughed loud enough to awake my dog at that ”cut your losses” comment what am I going to lose rep on a forum I rarely post at these days... Whats he going to do shame me on an internet chit chat board was worth a good laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Advanced metrics, lol. It's the game of basketball, really. How complicated is it to simply say, one player has shown throughout his impressive career that he chokes with the game on the line. One player folds like a lawnchair on the biggest stages that he's reached. And one excels under pressure. If you need advanced metrics to answer that Q, then I digress. And please don't produce some mathematical chart trying to argue that Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are mislabeled as clutch... whereas your ringless King is actually (unbeknownst to all folks not privy to the super duper advanced metrics) somehow clutch.

Zsr and teaserpleaser: I'm not going to waste a serious second reply to people who speak as if they're still in high school. Get back to me when you have non ad hominem crap. You know, like actual argument.

Lou: wtf? You reply to me saying nothing other than your feelings and specifically suggest I not reply back with number analysis for a game -that's decided by numbers-? You work for SBR, right? Your post is so weird coming from an administrator on a high-traffic website. You don't carry a certain amount of professionalism? Come on, dude. You're held to a higher standard than the rest of us.

dlunc3

Lebron or Kobe...
    ESPECIALLY at this stage of their careers, I take lebron all day... he can get to the basket better or create a better shot for a teammate... both have had low careers numbers with the ball in their hands for the last possession... but kobes is significantly lower then lebrons

now that kobe has lost explosiveness, all you will get from him is the fade away shot he has missed in 4th quarters all season thusfar including yesterday in the ASG.

zsr

Poochie without a doubt is 16 years old

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post

ESPECIALLY at this stage of their careers, I take lebron all day... he can get to the basket better or create a better shot for a teammate... both have had low careers numbers with the ball in their hands for the last possession... but kobes is significantly lower then lebrons

now that kobe has lost explosiveness, all you will get from him is the fade away shot he has missed in 4th quarters all season thusfar including yesterday in the ASG.

i can accept that..Kobe is getting old. However, both in there prime, you have to take Kobe. Lebron might not take the shot.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poochie without a doubt is 16 years old
    His posts scream of insecurity another poster tried this im an intellectual routine poster kerrywoods and his ghost we all see how that turned out.

dlunc3

i can accept that..Kobe is getting old. However, both in there prime, you have to take Kobe. Lebron might not take the shot.
    I really wouldnt want to count on either of them to be honest... but its tough to ignore kobes 7/25 (28%) in the post season IMO.

1996 Utah Jazz Game 5 Miss Bryant misses a game tying shot with 4 seconds left.
    1999 San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Miss Bryant misses a game tying shot at the end of regulation
    2000 Phoenix Suns Game 2 Make Bryant makes a game winning shot with 2 seconds left
    2001 Philidephia 76ers Game 1 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 20 seconds left.
    2002 San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Miss Bryant misses a game tying shot at regulation
    2002 San Antonio Spurs Game 4 Make Bryant makes a game winning shot with 5 seconds left
    2002 Sacramento Kings Game 4 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 4 seconds left
    2002 Sacramento Kings Game 5 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 8 seconds left
    2002 Sacramento Kings Game 7 Miss Bryant misses a game winning tip shot with 8 seconds left
    2003 Minnesota Timberwolves Game 3 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot in OT with 13 seconds left.
    2003 Minnesota Timberwolves Game 3 Miss Bryant misses a game tying shot in OT with 2 seconds left
    2003 San Antonio Spurs Game 1 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 13 seconds left.
    2004 Houston Rockets Game 1 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 17 seconds left.
    2004 Houston Rockets Game 4 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 3 seconds left.
    2004 San Antonio Spurs Game 5 Make Bryant makes a game winning shot attempt with 12 seconds left.
    2004 Detroit Pistons Game 2 Make Bryant makes a game tying shot with 2 seconds left.
    2006 Phoenix Suns Game 4 Make Bryant makes a game tying shot with 1 second left.
    2006 Phoenix Suns Game 4 Make Bryant makes a game winning shot at the buzzer in OT.
    2006 Phoenix Suns Game 6 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot at the buzzer.
    2008 San Antonio Spurs Game 1 Make Bryant makes the game winning shot with 23 seconds left.
    2009 Utah Jazz Game 3 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 2 seconds left.
    2009 Orlando Magic Game 2 Miss Bryant has his game winning shot blocked with 8 sec left.
    2010 Oklahoma City Thunder Game 6 Miss Bryant misses game winning shot with .5 seconds left.
    2010 Phoenix Suns Game 5 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 3 seconds left.
    2011 Dallas Mavericks Game 1 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot at the end of regulation

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post

His posts scream of insecurity another poster tried this im an intellectual routine poster kerrywoods and his ghost we all see how that turned out.
    Yea, there's always one like him every month. You know your life has reached record lows when your stuck attempting to sound intelligent on a Internet forum.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he lives in mommies basement

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    I can not believe all this talk about how great LeBron is, it comes down to one thing championships! All sports come down to being number 1 at the end of the year!! Lebron does not have the killer mentality to lead, the only way he gets a ring is on the back of D-wade!
    Most people have LeBron being better than Wade... most numbers support this.

Wait a minute there, collins, I thought you loved stats? How about how they had a top 5 defense, top 3 offensive rebounding, and dominated the regular season every year? Boy, what a garbage team.

See if you can figure what I'm getting at.

darkhat

How is every NBA GM wrong in the NBA. Advance Metrics says this guy sucks, or this guy is good, based on irrelevant games leaving out other stuff. As many know, the GMs take a poll EVERY year. I agree Lebron is probably the most talented player in the NBA, and top 3 player in the league. But EVERY GM can't be wrong.

Lebron didn't receive one vote.

Which player would you want taking a shot with the game on the line?
    1. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 48.1%
    2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City -- 30.8%
    Also receiving votes: Ray Allen, Boston; Carmelo Anthony, New York; Manu Ginobili, San Antonio; Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas; Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers; Dwyane Wade, Miami

Last year: Kobe Bryant -- 78.6%

zsr

I'm pretty sure only a high school student would post pictures in every single post

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Fixed it for you pal.
    Never saw Jordan or Kobe hiding from the ball in the 4th quarters in the biggest games of the Finals. LeBron, yeah... I've seen that, and that's ALL I needed to see.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

Never saw Jordan or Kobe hiding from the ball in the 4th quarters in the biggest games of the Finals. LeBron, yeah... I've seen that, and that's ALL I needed to see.

i don't need to see stats either. i want my best player to shoot, not pass.

dlunc3

you must not remember seeing kobe quit vs the phx suns either do you?

please do not mention kobes name anywhere near MJs

dlunc3

i don't need to see stats either. i want my best player to shoot, not pass.
    debatable... horry and kerr were on those teams for a reason

zsr

For once me and dlunc agree.

Guys need to stop mentioning Kobe or Lebron near MJ. It's not even close in any way, shape or form.

dlunc3

kinda funny seeing a guy hate on lebron when he has a picture of peyton manning (mr regular season) as his avatar

ps-- I think peyton is/was the best in football when healthy

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

you must not remember seeing kobe quit vs the phx suns either do you?

please do not mention kobes name anywhere near MJs
    was that the Finals??? or a team capable of winning it all??? no.

were the Heat last year... oh... they WERE in the Finals.

LeBron vs Celtics last year with Cavs... giving up entirely... do you remember that? LeBron does it all the time.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

last year's finals showed what a pussy Lebron can be, but Kobe isn't much better really..they are both a$$holes

broadway6
    on to the next one

debatable... horry and kerr were on those teams for a reason
    no doubt. those guys could close it. a lot of guys have hit huge shots. i thought the Op was saying LeBron isn't much of a closer.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    last year's finals showed what a pussy Lebron can be, but Kobe isn't much better really..they are both a$$holes

dlunc3

was that the Finals??? or a team capable of winning it all??? no.

were the Heat last year... oh... they WERE in the Finals.

LeBron vs Celtics last year with Cavs... giving up entirely... do you remember that? LeBron does it all the time.
    ummm.... it was in game 7 of a playoff series... pretty sure thats a pretty big game.,.

sure lebron did it too... Im not saying he didnt... but im just saying lets not act like lebron is garbage when kobe has been just as bad if not worse in many spots. If he wasnt gift wrapped phil and shaq, people wouldnt have him on such a high pedestal. All people see is 5 rings and think that means he should be comparable to MJ

dlunc3

no doubt. those guys could close it. a lot of guys have hit huge shots. i thought the Op was saying LeBron isn't much of a closer.
    btw i hate your cardinals

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    How is every NBA GM wrong in the NBA. Advance Metrics says this guy sucks, or this guy is good, based on irrelevant games leaving out other stuff. As many know, the GMs take a poll EVERY year. I agree Lebron is probably the most talented player in the NBA, and top 3 player in the league. But EVERY GM can't be wrong. Lebron didn't receive one vote. Which player would you want taking a shot with the game on the line? 1. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 48.1% 2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City -- 30.8% Also receiving votes: Ray Allen, Boston; Carmelo Anthony, New York; Manu Ginobili, San Antonio; Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas; Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers; Dwyane Wade, Miami Last year: Kobe Bryant -- 78.6%
    For one, asking who you want to take the last shot has little to do with who's the best player, per se. Secondly, shooting is not a strength of LeBron's. I wouldn't pick him #1 for that question either. About who I'd want the ball in the hands of generally, he'd be ranked higher because of his passing. Thirdly, the survey results show you how smart many of these owners aren't considering Kobe's actual late-possession track record.

Edit: unrelated, I reported ~5 posts a short while ago. I'm not getting into pissing contests with people who can't understand most of my points and only resort to personal attacks. I have better things to do ^_^ If you want to argue my points on merit, even rudely, I'll probably write back. Otherwise, I'll just report you.
    Last edited by poochiecollins; 02-27-12 at 06:51 PM.

broadway6
    on to the next one

btw i hate your cardinals

i know...we had a lot to talk about last October

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by poochiecollins View Post
    For one, asking who you want to take the last shot has little to do with who's the best player, per se. Secondly, shooting is not a strength of LeBron's. I wouldn't pick him #1 for that question either. About who I'd want the ball in the hands of generally, he'd be ranked higher because of his passing. Thirdly, the survey results show you how smart many of these owners aren't considering Kobe's actual late-possession track record.

Edit: unrelated, I reported ~5 posts a short while ago. I'm not getting into pissing contests with people who can't understand most of my points and only resort to personal attacks. I have better things to do ^_^ If you want to argue my points on merit, even rudely, I'll probably write back. Otherwise, I'll just report you.
    You're right a bunch of people on an internet gambling forum are smart enough to consider things a GM wouldn't. Sports isn't a big part of their life.

Let's pretend I produce a tv show, then say a guy who rakes leaves for a living tells me he knows about producing than I do, yet he's never had the job. I would consider him ignorant.

First ... 234567 Last