William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Kobe in LeBron's face screaming "shoot the fukking ball"

Great article here by Adrian Wojnarowski.

LeBron was being verbally challenged to take the shot by Kobe, yet.........LeBron chose to pass (and turn the ball over) like a fearful school girl . Then, with 1.1 seconds left........LeBron was used as the inbounder.......sure.....he's a very good passer, but like Wojnarowski says.......think Kobe, Wade, Durant, etc. would have been ok with being the "inbounder" with 1.1 left and down 2 points?

LeBron is the best player in the NBA for 46 minutes. Unfortunately, NBA games are 48 minutes long.

Article also has some nice quotes from Wade about fouling Kobe hard (as well as a backhanded compliment about Kobe scoring more points..........while Wade played an all around game).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...allstar_022712
    Last edited by William Walters; 02-27-12 at 11:03 AM.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

good article

if lebron had a killer instinct he would be the best ever

but you can't get a killer instinct when everyone from the time you're 12 years old tells you that you're the best

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    good article

if lebron had a killer instinct he would be the best ever

but you can't get a killer instinct when everyone from the time you're 12 years old tells you that you're the best
    You think everyone hasnt been telling kobe hes the best since he was 12? Lebron just doesnt have it in him hes a big pg imo

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

People want Lebron to be more than the best player in the world lol.
    "Hey Lebron, you're already the best player in the world. Why don't you just become the best player of all time, no big deal"

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post

You think everyone hasnt been telling kobe hes the best since he was 12? Lebron just doesnt have it in him hes a big pg imo
    If you were to start a TEAM who would you pick Kobe or LeBron?

Answer is simple, LeBron. He is the best athlete in the game he gives his team the best possible chance to win every game. That is why so many people hate him. I am from Chicago and a Bulls fan, if I can accept that LeBron is the greatest to ever play I would some of you can he is a beast and there is no one like him. Kobe is done accept it Kobe shoots more than anyone it's all about him.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    If you were to start a TEAM who would you pick Kobe or LeBron?

Answer is simple, LeBron. He is the best athlete in the game he gives his team the best possible chance to win every game. That is why so many people hate him. I am from Chicago and a Bulls fan, if I can accept that LeBron is the greatest to ever play I would some of you can he is a beast and there is no one like him. Kobe is done accept it Kobe shoots more than anyone it's all about him.
    if they are the same age I take Kobe Lebron is a great talent for 3.5 qtrs of the game but lets face guy tends to choke late in the 4th. Kobe gets better late in games as a long time laker fan ive been able to watch the best closer in the game imo

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

if they are the same age I take Kobe Lebron is a great talent for 3.5 qtrs of the game but lets face guy tends to choke late in the 4th. Kobe gets better late in games as a long time laker fan ive been able to watch the best closer in the game imo

that is false and stats actually prove that even lebron is better at the end of the game with the game on the line

its amazing how many people think this

are we forgetting that just last night kobe was terrible in the 4th and choked from the line to give the east a chance at the end??

William Walters

Get ready for the "stat nerds" to attack your "best closer" statement. Interesting that SBR STAT NERDS are more often than not reject band geeks from high school.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    that is false and stats actually prove that even lebron is better at the end of the game with the game on the line

For example

troynewell47
    troynewell47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

The stats show that kobe has made more last second shots then lebron and been a better clutch player even in the playoffs then lebron

teaserpleaser

Lebron wont go down as the greatest player ever he doesnt have it in him if hes not careful Durant may pass him. Kobe is an Alpha Male if you want to build your franchise around a beta than have at it.

teaserpleaser

are we forgetting that just last night kobe was terrible in the 4th and choked from the line to give the east a chance at the end??
    Fukk stats i watch games i know what ive seen and ive seen kobe close countless times ive seen lebron choke at the free throw line multiple times and choke or try to pass his way out of pressure moments.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by troynewell47 View Post
    The stats show that kobe has made more last second shots then lebron and been a better clutch player even in the playoffs then lebron
    You sure about that?

Through the end of the 2011 season, Kobe Bryant is 7/25 or 28% with the game on the line with 24 sec or less on the clock in the post season.

Lebron James is 5/12 or 41.7%.

They really arent even close when it comes to game winning shots.

Not even counting game winning shots, you say Kobe is better in the playoffs? Kobe actually declines in the playoffs whereas Lebron elevates his game.

Post season stats:

PPG: Lebron 28
    Kobe 25.4

Assists: Lebron 7
    Kobe 4.8

Rebounds: Lebron 8.4
    Kobe 5.1

FG%: Lebron 46%
    Kobe 44.8%

Steals: Lebron 1.7
    Kobe 1.4

PER: Lebron 26.3
    Kobe 22.3

Seems stats prove the exact opposite of what you say huh?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Get ready for the "stat nerds" to attack your "best closer" statement. Interesting that SBR STAT NERDS are more often than not reject band geeks from high school.

dlunc3

Fukk stats i watch games i know what ive seen and ive seen kobe close countless times ive seen lebron choke at the free throw line multiple times and choke or try to pass his way out of pressure moments.
    you can use your opinion all you want... but unfortunately, facts and stats say otherwise

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    thats a good way to put it... since you have nothing to go by other then your own homer opinion... when you cant argue stats, you might as well attack the guy that gives them to you right? stats dont lie buddy.... remove kobes 12 incher for one second and you might be able to realize that lebron has accomplished more by age 27 then any player in the past 30 years

dlunc3

You sure about that?

Through the end of the 2011 season, Kobe Bryant is 7/25 or 28% with the game on the line with 24 sec or less on the clock in the post season.

Lebron James is 5/12 or 41.7%.

They really arent even close when it comes to game winning shots.

Not even counting game winning shots, you say Kobe is better in the playoffs? Kobe actually declines in the playoffs whereas Lebron elevates his game.

Post season stats:

PPG: Lebron 28
    Kobe 25.4

Assists: Lebron 7
    Kobe 4.8

Rebounds: Lebron 8.4
    Kobe 5.1

FG%: Lebron 46%
    Kobe 44.8%

Steals: Lebron 1.7
    Kobe 1.4

PER: Lebron 26.3
    Kobe 22.3

Seems stats prove the exact opposite of what you say huh?

teaserpleaser

you can use your opinion all you want... but unfortunately, facts and stats say otherwise
    So lebron is the best closer in the game?

Inkwell77

thats a good way to put it... since you have nothing to go by other then your own homer opinion... when you cant argue stats, you might as well attack the guy that gives them to you right? stats dont lie buddy.... remove kobes 12 incher for one second and you might be able to realize that lebron has accomplished more by age 27 then any player in the past 30 years

teaserpleaser

What do lebron vs kobe 4th qtr playoff stats look like.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lebron gets scared at end of games
    Its bizarre
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would say Kobe is from watching games...But anyone who's seen this argument before, knows that the stats say different...I want to say Carmello has a better game winning shot % than Kobe (I'm sure plenty of people do, but the thing I saw last year was with a certain amount of attempts). The main difference is, is that Kobe has been in the league twice as long as these guys, so he'll obviously have more attempts.

Nobody is gonna claim Kobe isn't good...It's just funny when all the Kobe lovers say Lebron is a pussy and all the Lebron lovers say the same about Kobe.

They are both great players...But of course the "homers" aren't going to give any credit to the other guy.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Didn't Kobe choke too?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lebron gets scared at end of games
    Its bizarre
    No jj the numbers say otherwise you and all the other people are just seeing things king james is very clutch its just fatigue/bad luck in the 4th qtrs

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Didn't Kobe choke too?
    fail maybe but choke i''d like to see it he lives for pressure moments. Let me guess the numbers say otherwise

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Miami 5.5 in 1st and the Lakers are holding on to 2nd.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Miami 5.5 in 1st and the Lakers are holding on to 2nd.
    Ok and your point is? like the two teams are equal and i'll be the first to admit kobe isnt in his prime anymore.

dlunc3

Nope, definatley not... But all we can go by is what history tells us. And history tells us that lebron is better with the ball in his hands at the end of the game then kobe is.. and also a better post season.player overall. He's not the guy I would chose to take the last shot, but I would take him over kobe.

teaserpleaser

Nope, definatley not... But all we can go by is what history tells us. And history tells us that lebron is better with the ball in his hands at the end of the game then kobe is.. and also a better post season.player overall. He's not the guy I would chose to take the last shot, but I would take him over kobe.
    To each his own i guess i'd take kobe all day in his prime ... Even now why does Lebron have a reputation for failing in the 4th and kobe has a rep for being clutch in the 4th? In the last 4 min of a 4th qtr of a game 7 playoff game you really want lebron over kobe

dlunc3

To each his own i guess i'd take kobe all day in his prime ... Even now why does Lebron have a reputation for failing in the 4th and kobe has a rep for being clutch in the 4th? In the last 4 min of a 4th qtr of a game 7 playoff game you really want lebron over kobe
    You can go on your opinion. I'll go on what the stats tell me as stats do not lie

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

fail maybe but choke i''d like to see it he lives for pressure moments. Let me guess the numbers say otherwise
    Was talking about last night. Guy bricked a free throw to keep the east within 2.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Was talking about last night. Guy bricked a free throw to keep the east within 2.
    Rare he does that maybe the broken nose?

Inkwell77

If you listen to people talking about someones reputation you are probably doing it wrong.
    I pretty vividly remember the most unbelievable individual playoff performance probably ever when Cleveland beat Detroit in Detroit.

Last year he was awesome in the playoffs, but Dirk and that Dallas team was unreal. This whole idea of Lebron being non-clutch is a joke from ESPN to drum up ratings.

William Walters

So, Kobe,......winning THREE NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS.......long before he was "27" years old isn't accomplishing more than winning ZERO NBA championships by the age of "27".

Save the "he had Shaq" bullshit (as well as the Robert Horry & Steve Kerr argument)......Kobe was a SUPERSTAR in this league..........while winning three titles BEFORE the age of 27.

teaserpleaser

A rep is a rep im aware of it Lebron is aware of it If it was bullshit or untrue i'd say so but I WATCH GAMES did espn start the lebron unclutch thing? I just know what ive seen Lebron do and what ive seen kobe do reg season and playoffs in clutch moments night in night out for a decade +10 living here in LA

1234 ... Last