dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    So, Kobe,......winning THREE NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS.......long before he was "27" years old isn't accomplishing more than winning ZERO NBA championships by the age of "27".

Save the "he had Shaq" bullshit (as well as the Robert Horry & Steve Kerr argument)......Kobe was a SUPERSTAR in this league..........while winning three titles BEFORE the age of 27.
    You are the guy who would also say eli is better then Marino was right? This is an individual, not a team debate. Imagine how many titles lebron would have if he were in la and not Cleveland.. he never woulda ran shaq out of town. Noone has done more individually then lebron by age 27.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    A rep is a rep im aware of it Lebron is aware of it If it was bullshit or untrue i'd say so but I WATCH GAMES did espn start the lebron unclutch thing? I just know what ive seen Lebron do and what ive seen kobe do reg season and playoffs in clutch moments night in night out for a decade +10 living here in LA
    Lets not forget that while playing for the Heat.......defenses can't simply send multiple defenders at Lebron in the closing moments because he's got Wade....not to mention Jones & Chalmers spreading the defense. Kobe, on the other hand, has nobody (sure Fisher has hit some clutch shots over the years, but can not create his own shot....so...not a go to option to close games) on his team to spread the defense and keep teams from sending the house at him.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

So, Kobe,......winning THREE NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS.......long before he was "27" years old isn't accomplishing more than winning ZERO NBA championships by the age of "27".

Save the "he had Shaq" bullshit (as well as the Robert Horry & Steve Kerr argument)......Kobe was a SUPERSTAR in this league..........while winning three titles BEFORE the age of 27.

William...Kobe was GREAT...Kobe is now GOOD.

Lebron is the best in the league now, agreed? There is 4 quarters in a game...Since we all know Lebron is so bad in the 4th quarter, just imagine where his team would be without his first 3 quarters? There would be no talk about the 4th quarter, because the 4th quarter wouldn't of mattered without him carrying the team for the first 3.
    Last edited by ngates815; 02-27-12 at 12:28 PM.

dlunc3

Lets not forget that while playing for the Heat.......defenses can't simply send multiple defenders at Lebron in the closing moments because he's got Wade....not to mention Jones & Chalmers spreading the defense. Kobe, on the other hand, has nobody (sure Fisher has hit some clutch shots over the years, but can not create his own shot....so...not a go to option to close games) on his team to spread the defense and keep teams from sending the house at him.
    Do you really wanna compare kobe and lebrons supporting casts.over the years??

dlunc3

Serious question... Has kobe ever been the best player in the league more then maybe one season?

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    William...Kobe was GREAT...Kobe is now GOOD.

Lebron is the best in the league now, agreed? There is 4 quarters in a game...Since we all know Lebron is so bad in the 4th quarter, just imagine where their team would be without his first 3 quarters? There would be no talk about the 4th quarter, because the 4th quarter wouldn't of mattered without him carrying the team for the first 3.
    I'm with you gates. At this point in time Lebron is the best player in the NBA. I argued it until last season....and this season it's just obvious. I'm also on board with Kobe no longer being "great"......although.......still an All-Star talent that has the capability of being "great" (just no longer over the course of a season). But, Lebron DOES need to step up and prove that he not only wants the ball late, but that he can successfully close big games.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Do you really wanna compare kobe and lebrons supporting casts.over the years??
    What part of "while playing for the Heat" did you not understand?

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I'd still take Kobe over Lebron for this season

William Walters

You are the guy who would also say eli is better then Marino was right? This is an individual, not a team debate. Imagine how many titles lebron would have if he were in la and not Cleveland.. he never woulda ran shaq out of town. Noone has done more individually then lebron by age 27.
    Wrong & wrong. You sure are wrong a lot.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Championships are a team accomplishment.

Surely you don't expect Kobe to win one this year, do you????

Kalibongo
    Banned
    Kalibongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

LMAO at these useless "post-season stats", only thing that matters in the post season is a championship, and LeBron has none.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Wade was dirty

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why didnt Lebron just take the final shot? kobe knows he should take that last shot and not throw that horrible pass. Its a damn exhibition game guy is looking to pass with the big shot on the line. Thats why kobe is better right there. Kobe let him know about it too i like that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You have to love having money on the West +4 with a guy like Kobe. It's an ALL STAR Game... and Kobe keeps playing like it means something... I love it.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Championships are a team accomplishment.

Surely you don't expect Kobe to win one this year, do you????
    I'd say that Michael Cooper, although a very good defender, was less responsible for his five rings than Magic & Kareem. It's the SUPERSTARS that get you there and usually secure the ring.

Of course I don't expect the Lakers to win it this season. Now, if they get a decent PG and F (with the trade exemption & 1st round pick) to go with the current roster........the Lakers can make some serious noise in the playoffs.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibongo View Post
    LMAO at these useless "post-season stats", only thing that matters in the post season is a championship, and LeBron has none.
    True

Kalibongo
    Banned
    Kalibongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Get ready for the "stat nerds" to attack your "best closer" statement. Interesting that SBR STAT NERDS are more often than not reject band geeks from high school.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Wade was dirty
    Also true

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Why didnt Lebron just take the final shot? kobe knows he should take that last shot and not throw that horrible pass.
    Oh yeah, we all know Kobe always takes the last shot for his team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vvuKAmLZgkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=r5nkTuSyVA8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4T3903V0cDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3009528J9ck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_aDlmYps0tM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZnIqaJbJNb0

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

I'd say that Michael Cooper, although a very good defender, was less responsible for his five rings than Magic & Kareem. It's the SUPERSTARS that get you there and usually secure the ring.

Of course I don't expect the Lakers to win it this season. Now, if they get a decent PG and F (with the trade exemption & 1st round pick) to go with the current roster........the Lakers can make some serious noise in the playoffs.
    The current Lakers team is 10x more talented than any Cleveland team LeBron was on.

teaserpleaser

Wtf do those videos that i wont click on peove? So kobe hasnt taken ever last shot wtf is your point? Is kobe afraid to take a last shot? Hint omar No Hell No can you say the same for Lebron

teaserpleaser

The current Lakers team is 10x more talented than any Cleveland team LeBron was on.
    lol anybody agree with this?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

lol anybody agree with this?

Not 10X...but They have a MUCH better supporting cast than Lebron ever had at Cleveland.

Anybody not agree with this?

I doubt Omar is saying that Kobe Sucks, he's just saying that Lebron is better...Which can be argued until your face turns blue. Yes Kobe has won Rings and that's all that matters to the Kobe "homers" because they don't care about stats and they've made that obvious.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    but you can't get a killer instinct when everyone from the time you're 12 years old tells you that you're the best
    You are born with the killer instinct gene, you either have it or you don't.
    You get up there in the ninth inning, tied game, man on second and say to yourself "next pitch, line drive single up the middle, gamer", not "I hope I get a pitch and maybe I can drive it to the outfield..........."

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Exhibition. Who gives a fuk? Oh yes, the Lebron haters.

If he hit a game winning 3 yesterday, all the haters would just say its only a All-Star game.

Lebron'd if you do, Lebron'd if you don't.

This stuff is hilarious.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

You think everyone hasnt been telling kobe hes the best since he was 12? Lebron just doesnt have it in him hes a big pg imo
    Not after he air balled those shots in Utah his rookie year (i think it was). I think that played a big part in shaping Kobe into what he is today.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Exhibition. Who gives a fuk? Oh yes, the Lebron haters.

If he hit a game winning 3 yesterday, all the haters would just say its only a All-Star game.

Lebron'd if you do, Lebron'd if you don't.

This stuff is hilarious.

Exactly....IF he had taken it, and somehow miraculously made a game winner, everyone would be saying

"Ohhh too bad this game doesn't mean shit"...but of course, we see 3 threads on here about it.

teaserpleaser

Thats the thing Onlooker all he has to do is take the shot miss or make what can you say? Im not a lebron hater I like Lebron I like his game just wish he was a me first player that didnt care what people think But its not that way.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Serious question... Has kobe ever been the best player in the league more then maybe one season?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

James is a paid on the side player........

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Yeah I laughed at that too I guess he thinks because kobe has one reg season mvp thats the only season he was the best player in the nba

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I've always hated kobe bryant as a person but loved him as a basketball player and competitor. Last night made me like him even more.

eldoctord
    eldoctord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Kobe has never seen a shot he didn't like, especially in an All-Star game. But Wades "hard foul" that broke Kobe's nose was a clear statement of Game ON. Good for Kobe to give it back to LeBron!!!

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Get ready for the "stat nerds" to attack your "best closer" statement. Interesting that SBR STAT NERDS are more often than not reject band geeks from high school.

"Enfant Provocateur likes to stir up trouble because...because, well...just because. This species of Flame Warrior is almost always young and male - it could be just a hormone thing."

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibongo View Post
    fail maybe but choke i''d like to see it he lives for pressure moments. Let me guess the numbers say otherwise
    So, Kobe,......winning THREE NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS.......long before he was "27" years old isn't accomplishing more than winning ZERO NBA championships by the age of "27". Save the "he had Shaq" bullshit (as well as the Robert Horry & Steve Kerr argument)......Kobe was a SUPERSTAR in this league..........while winning three titles BEFORE the age of 27.
    Fukk stats i watch games i know what ive seen and ive seen kobe close countless times ive seen lebron choke at the free throw line multiple times and choke or try to pass his way out of pressure moments.

"Ferrous Cranus is utterly impervious to reason, persuasion and new ideas, and when engaged in battle he will not yield an inch in his position regardless of its hopelessness. Though his thrusts are decisively repulsed, his arguments crushed in every detail and his defenses demolished beyond repair he will remount the same attack again and again with only the slightest variation in tactics."
    Last edited by poochiecollins; 02-27-12 at 04:23 PM.

First 12345 ... Last