Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

imagine if JJ took the day off from posting do u guys think Nicky would step it up to take up the slack? Of course not. That only happens in pro sports with gambling involved Only with gambling involved a team actually can get better with their best players out.

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

Where's BEANTOWNJIM???????????
    WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HIS TAKE ON THIS, BOXING RUMMY DUMMY RUNNING OFF AT THE MOUTH ABOUT THE NIGERIAN BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION..........
    CHECK IN BEANTOWNJIM...........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Agree with the underdog part as well. But that is clearly not what Floyd said.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS MICKEY View Post
    Where's BEANTOWNJIM??????????? WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HIS TAKE ON THIS, BOXING RUMMY DUMMY RUNNING OFF AT THE MOUTH ABOUT THE NIGERIAN BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION.......... CHECK IN BEANTOWNJIM...........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    This is what he might say:

BOYS, THESE NIGERIANS ARE GETTING OF CONTROL WITH THEIR COMMENTS. THEY DON'T KNOW THEIR PLACE ANYMORE, BOYS. WHAT'S GOING ON WITH OUR COUNTRY? I REMEMBER THE DAYS WHEN NIGERIANS KNEW THEIR PLACE. JUST YESTERDAY A NIGERIAN GREETED ME AS I WAS BRINGING IN THE GROCERIES.

THEY'VE INFILTRATED MY NEIGHBORHOOD, BOYS. NO PLACE IS SAFE ANYMORE. I'M ON THE PHONE GETTING A NEW ALARM SYSTEM FOR THE HOUSE. CAN'T TRUST A NIGERIAN.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS MICKEY View Post
    Where's BEANTOWNJIM???????????
    WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HIS TAKE ON THIS, BOXING RUMMY DUMMY RUNNING OFF AT THE MOUTH ABOUT THE NIGERIAN BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION..........
    CHECK IN BEANTOWNJIM...........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx-hk...eature=related

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Blacks can say and practically do whatever the fuk they want without public rebuke

Samuel L Jackson recently said, "I voted for Barack because he's black. 'Cuz that's why other folks vote for other people, because they look like them ... That's American politics, pure and simple. His message didn't mean shit to me."

Well duh at least hes honest and what mayweather said is true he is getting alot of attention because he happens to be asian.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Mayweather needs to stop tweeting

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    yes its underdog-ish

but to deny that being non-black in the NBA or NFL DOESN'T contribute to the underdog thing is blind too.

don't deny you openly or privately root a BIT harder for the White Receivers and Running Backs in the fall.

LET'S GO JORDY NELSON!!!!!!

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Lin may be a modern day Ronald (Flip) Murray, time will tell. Murray was killing in Seattle when Ray Allen got hurt that one season. I remember Murray getting attention, but not at this level. I think New York and the Asian and Christian angle is why the story is what it is.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Sounds like Mayweather is jealous of the attention Lin is getting and wanted to get back on the news. Bandwagon.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

What would happen if a reporter made a racial comment like this about a black player after he'd whooped the Lakers' asses? "Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple inches of pain tonight."

A black reporter from Fox. Who isn't getting fired. I'd bet if it were a white reporter talking about a black player going out to eat watermelon and fried chicken, the guy would've been sacked immediately.

There's a reason why most are hoping Lin does well. Yes Asians are hysterical with glee... just like Indians would be if he were a player of Indian descent. But not all of us cheering for him are Asian obviously.

Remember Kurt Warner? Everyone loves an underdog... I don't care what ethnicity this guy is. I care that no one wanted his brainy ass and he still busted his chops to make it. In NYC. And I'm curious to see what will happen when the divas return to the team. But when Mayweather makes comments like this, he only reinforces the stereotypes some hold about his own race. He should keep his mouth shut or at least be more clever about how to market to a MASSIVE potential fan base.
    Last edited by shari91; 02-13-12 at 09:31 PM. Reason: to clarify for Lou

teaserpleaser

Shair can you go into details about the stereotype money is reinforcing please.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Shair can you go into details about the stereotype money is reinforcing please.
    That conversations often get turned into how blacks are being disrespected somehow. Right or wrong, that stereotype exists. And this comment by Mayweather did nothing to help that. Not only is it false because no other player has accomplished what Lin did - black, white, Asian or rainbow - there was no need for him to bring it up at all. My parents always taught me to ignore anything people say before the word "but"... because that one word erases their previous ones. I love you but... I know I owe you money but... Jeremy Lin is a good player but...

Bones33
    Bones33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

He's right...in a sense. No Asian-American has done this before...same with Obama, never an African-American president before so the hype naturally comes with it.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Black people are good people.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

"...a 23-year-old Taiwanese-American point guard out of Harvard who was released twice, recently relegated to the NBA's Development League and slept on his brother's couch. By the time Lin was set to face Los Angeles, he had led the slumping Knicks to three straight victories, posting the kind of numbers that had his former general managers publicly regretting their decision to release him."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...?newsfeed=true

He's living 'the American dream', coming from almost nothing to a superstar and yet he's getting hate from douchebags like Mayweather? You go from nothing to greatness, the process isn't complete until someone becomes jealous.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Floyd shouldnt have said this but there is some truth to it, would be the same if he was white, but not if he were black. Just the way it is for now.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    What would happen if a reporter made a racial comment like this about a black player after he'd whooped the Lakers' asses? "Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple inches of pain tonight."

A black reporter from Fox. Who isn't getting fired. I'd bet if it were a white reporter talking about a black player going out to eat watermelon and fried chicken, the guy would've been sacked immediately.

There's a reason why most are hoping Lin does well. Yes Asians are hysterical with glee... just like Indians would be if he were a player of Indian descent. But not all of us cheering for him are Asian obviously.

Remember Kurt Warner? Everyone loves an underdog... I don't care what ethnicity this guy is. I care that no one wanted his brainy ass and he still busted his chops to make it. In NYC. And I'm curious to see what will happen when the divas return to the team. But when Mayweather makes comments like this, he only reinforces the stereotypes some hold about his own race. He should keep his mouth shut or at least be more clever about how to market to a MASSIVE potential fan base.
    So what do you think that reporter was referring to shar?

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact is that Asian's have not had a representative from their culture they could
    identify with in the NBA. Jeremy Lin has changed all that and has proven to Asians that through hard
    work and dedication that they can also make it in the NBA. Much like Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier
    in major league baseball, Jeremy Lin has done the same for Asians intrested in pursuing professional Basketball
    in the USA.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    The fact is that Asian's have not had a representative from their culture they could
    identify with in the NBA. Jeremy Lin has changed all that and has proven to Asians that through hard
    work and dedication that they can also make it in the NBA. Much like Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier
    in major league baseball, Jeremy Lin has done the same for Asians intrested in pursuing professional Basketball
    in the USA.
    Yao Ming?

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Yao Ming?
    Guy was 7 feet 5 inches
    how many Asians identify with that height? Yao was an anomaly.

nick86
    nick86's Avatar Become A Pro!

floyd gayweather needs to keep his big mouth shut. i am so sick and tired of hearing him run his mouth all the time it's about time this pussy agrees to fight pacman so i can see his ass get knocked out. he needs a little humble pie.

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

Yao Ming wasn't American either though.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Guy was 7 feet 5 inches
    how many Asians identify with that height? Yao was an anomaly.
    Most Asians cant identify with 6'3 either. Its not about how big you are but how big you play.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Man I wish there was a good mexican player out there!

ordonezv
    ordonezv's Avatar Become A Pro!

lin

cheep shot

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i bet u dudes didnt even see the entire interview ...............

http://jeffincredible85.hubpages.com...of-Steroid-Use

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    i bet u dudes didnt even see the entire interview ...............

http://jeffincredible85.hubpages.com...of-Steroid-Use
    Misleading article title, he never said or accused lin of steroid use. Seems the interviewer was baiting him into whatever he could.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Misleading article title, he never said or accused lin of steroid use. Seems the interviewer was baiting him into whatever he could.
    yea im not sure y they had that title.
    the reporter didnt need much bait, seems like mayweather hates asians

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yes mayweather says a lot of contraversial shit but he does it for this reason. He gets people to talk about him this is how he's been promoting fights for the last 4 years.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

outscored kobe....afterall it is linuary

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Jeremy Lin has changed all that and has proven to Asians that through hard
    work and dedication that they can also make it in the NBA.
    come back in a month joke. warriors fans were triumphantly singing the same song in unison about a year ago
    Last edited by YouHave2outs; 02-14-12 at 02:46 AM.

hangtime
    hangtime's Avatar Become A Pro!

mayweather scared his kids will be nagging him for jeremy lin jerseys.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    Man I wish there was a good mexican player out there!
    Rubio, spanish mexican same thing right?

First 1234 Last