Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Mayweather pulls the black card on Lin

Floyd Mayweather @FloydMayweather
    Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise.

Unreal

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol... he is the only player that scored at least 20 points in his first 4 starts, ever. no black player's ever done this in history of the nba, not even jordan. i know pac-man's giving him nightmares but now he's getting nightmares from yellow mamba? puahahahaha!!!

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Unreal

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

black people like floyd mayweather are victims

never got as much money as he deserved for a person of his great intelligence and positive role-model attitude

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Pacman, please fight this guy!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Blacks can say and practically do whatever the fuk they want without public rebuke

Samuel L Jackson recently said, "I voted for Barack because he's black. 'Cuz that's why other folks vote for other people, because they look like them ... That's American politics, pure and simple. His message didn't mean shit to me."

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

attorney general eric holder oversees a dept which shipped tons of illegal guns to Mexico that ended up killing 100s of people

now , when he is questioned about it he plays the race card

I guess he forgot about all of those brown people who were murdered

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Floyd makes a fool out of himself daily

He is a nobody

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

Figures......coming from a rum dumb, with a scrambled brain.

So true JJ, a NOBODY.........

Childish Gambino
    Childish Gambino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha, what an idiot. Not saying much though, because most ******* are. Mayweather wouldn't be allowed on Harvard's campus, the thug. He needs to go back to fighting, robbing, smoking weed and being a jerk-off.
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 02-13-12 at 04:45 PM. Reason: removed racial term

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Mayweather is a great boxer... dumb as a box of rocks.
    I'd still pull for him over Manny though.

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did someone say Lin??

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post

Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise.

Unreal
    Floyd Mayweather is a good boxer, but all the hype is because he has a vagina. Male boxers say what he says every night but get more praise.

dshaffe4
    dshaffe4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1680

Mayweather is a good fighter because well, he's black. Mayweather says and does the things he does because well, he's black.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does everyone honestly think there would be the exact same level of excitement if Lin was black? Asians have not dominated the NBA as African Americans have, so it of course adds to the excitement.

Fun fact (credit ThePostgame):
    Jeremy Lin, the first American-born NBA player of Asian heritage, is getting rock star level attention among Chinese basketball fans.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by dshaffe4 View Post
    Mayweather is a good fighter because well, he's black. Mayweather says and does the things he does because well, he's black.

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

ticklemepink
    ticklemepink's Avatar Become A Pro!

is there a reason my post got deleted?

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

If the story of what happened to Lin happened to a black guy and the team was a high market team like NY..Yes, no matter skin color or ethnicity they would still get the same headlines. The thing about Lin is he is smart, he would destroy Mayweather in anything having to do with intelligence!

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    Yes, no matter skin color or ethnicity they would still get the same headlines.
    BS.

You're saying all Chinese and Asian Americans would be out buying the dude's jersey after a couple games, making it instantly one of the best sellers of the year? Him being an Asian American obviously adds to the excitement and headlines, both here and elsewhere.

Gruntworker
    Gruntworker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3899

I saw him play last year when he was on the Warriors. The hype is because he went from doing nothing to putting up big numbers. The Asian American factor makes it more news worthy, but I'm pretty sure if anyone went from averaging like 3 points to this flurry... it would get noticed.

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

Tru dat. Harvard-educated overlooked talent suddenly thrust in the NY (of all places) spotlight.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

1) He is correct
    a) The level of hype is surrounded around the fact that he is a harvard grad of asian decent, instead of a street grad of black decent.

- Yeah, he used the race card, but that doesn't take away from the truth of the first sentence.

BTW, it's black history month.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Hard to say because what Line has done so far (in the past week) has never been done. I don't ever remember a nobody coming from the end of the bench to having 5 consecutive games the way Lin has.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post

Unreal
    I wonder what Mayweather's take was on the 25 worst neighborhoods and why their demographics don't match that of the US as a whole? Or the demographics of the prison population?

Gruntworker
    Gruntworker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3899

Yeah, gotta agree with Lou about the jersey sales though. There's no arguing that point. See if it continues more then a month and then I'll take it more seriously. So far, it's an impressive little run.

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    BS.

You're saying all Chinese and Asian Americans would be out buying the dude's jersey after a couple games, making it instantly one of the best sellers of the year? Him being an Asian American obviously adds to the excitement and headlines, both here and elsewhere.
    So what though? As long as they keep winning, that's all anyone cares about.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumbass Mayweather. The hype exists because this kid is actually good, and WENT TO HARVARD! The only other minority that had that type of buzz that went to Harvard is our president. ******* *.
    Last edited by shari91; 02-14-12 at 02:23 AM. Reason: removed racial slur

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by moshi View Post
    So what though? As long as they keep winning, that's all anyone cares about.
    It doesn't matter at all. But folks were criticizing Floyd as if what he said wasn't mostly true. He obviously exaggerated, Lin has set a record and it would be hyped, but not to ROCK-STAR status after a week (especially among Asians).

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Mayweather is a moron. However, of course it plays a role in the excitement. It's like saying eminem being white had nothing to do with his instant popularity.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    If the story of what happened to Lin happened to a black guy and the team was a high market team like NY..Yes, no matter skin color or ethnicity they would still get the same headlines. The thing about Lin is he is smart, he would destroy Mayweather in anything having to do with intelligence!
    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    BS.

I gotta side with Lou here, the fact that Lin is of Asian descent DOES add to the headlines. Right or wrong, if a black guy upped his numbers like Lin has done, while yes it would get noticed, I bet that player wouldn't grab CNN interviews like Lin has.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

The african american player woulx still get the same media coverage here locally but because lin is asian and they suck generlly compared to someone of african decent in bssketball. I understand the hype. Yeh i agree eiyh that samuel jsckson quote if i was white and had to choose between a black or a whitey president, if i had no understanding of their policies, then my lean would be to pick the guy who look like me. Thats just how humans are,.
    Last edited by wikkidinsane; 02-13-12 at 05:26 PM.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Fact of the matter is it has never been done and if it was by one of the blacks it still would have been praised, just not as extreme.

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Look at Northwestern football Coach's response...

1234 Last