No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    A moderate does not normally hold a better chance in a general election (Ford, Bush 41, Dole, McCain) from the Republican side. The media was demonizing Reagan's policies, his divorce to Jane Wyman, saying that he was going to set women back 100 years, etc., and he still beat Carter easily. The reason he won was not just his positive campaign, but the fact that Carter had a record, and could only try to villainize his opponent. The American people saw right through this, and voted with their pocketbooks. I don't see why they wouldn't do it again.
    A) Reagan had an endearing -- almost mesmerizing -- quality about him. Gingrich couldn't be more opposite of that.

B) Despite his track record, Obama knows how to deliver a speech and rally both his drooling fanbase and the morons out there who don't know anything about his political track record when they report to the polls once -- and only once -- every four years. Jimmy Carter did not have that.

C) Consider the political intelligence of the American people then vs. now.

This ain't 1980 dude. You say "I don't see why they wouldn't do it again." I say because the situations -- both the personalities involved and the increasing stupidity of your typical everyday American -- are nothing alike.

milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

am i wrong or isnt the most reliable people to show up to vote is white older guys. he probably doesnt do that bad against older white ladies, maybe some that hate him for the 3 wives. No republican will get the black vote, probably not getting hispanic vote. young people will lean obama, but not huge i think.

whoever the republican is will have to somehow get the moderates back to republican and make sure all the conservatives feel energized and actually vote.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    We believe Newt's experience, leadership, knowledge, wisdom, faith and even humility to learn from his failures (personal and public) can return America to her glory days. And he is the best man left on the battlefield who is able to outwit, outplay and outlast Obama and his campaign machine. -Chuck Norris(God)
    Old white man.

See?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by milkncereal View Post
    am i wrong or isnt the most reliable people to show up to vote is white older guys. he probably doesnt do that bad against older white ladies, maybe some that hate him for the 3 wives. No republican will get the black vote, probably not getting hispanic vote. young people will lean obama, but not huge i think.

whoever the republican is will have to somehow get the moderates back to republican and make sure all the conservatives feel energized and actually vote.
    He's going to need to at least put a dent in the minority vote.

Do you see any minority -- either black or hispanic -- even giving Gingrich the time of day?

Women hate this guy too. Trust me on this.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Serious question.....how would any of these guys being elected over Obama actually do something that affects us? Obama promised all of this crazy shit and my life is basically still the same as it was when Bush was in office

I support Ron Paul because almost all of his ideas and views I agree with, but I just don't see how any of these things he talks about would actually take place

Also sick and tired of hearing dumb debates about gay marriage, abortion, and all this other trivial bullshit......we should be at the point where social issues should all be allowed within reason and regulated (basically what Ron Paul believes)....All we should be concerned about is how we are going to get out of this financial mess, nothing else fukkin matters
    Points Awarded:

SirOsisofThulivr gave MoneyLineDawg 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 456

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    A) Reagan had an endearing -- almost mesmerizing -- quality about him. Gingrich couldn't be more opposite of that.

B) Despite his track record, Obama knows how to deliver a speech and rally both his drooling fanbase and the morons out there who don't know anything about his political track record when they report to the polls once -- and only once -- every four years. Jimmy Carter did not have that.

C) Consider the political intelligence of the American people then vs. now.

This ain't 1980 dude. You say "I don't see why they wouldn't do it again." I say because the situations -- both the personalities involved and the increasing stupidity of your typical everyday American -- are nothing alike.
    I will say there is an "American Idol" crowd out there that likes to go for the more hip person they see on TV. I think that this is 1980 again, though. Independents are not going to flock toward Obama like they did in 2008 because of his record. They'll either stay home or vote the other way. Young voters will never vote in numbers like they did in 2008 again. That was a "lightning in the bottle" moment that won't be repeated. Morale in this country is down, and with the momentum still on the Republican side in 2010, I think this could be curtains for Obama.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I will say there is an "American Idol" crowd out there that likes to go for the more hip person they see on TV. I think that this is 1980 again, though. Independents are not going to flock toward Obama like they did in 2008 because of his record. They'll either stay home or vote the other way. Young voters will never vote in numbers like they did in 2008 again. That was a "lightning in the bottle" moment that won't be repeated. Morale in this country is down, and with the momentum still on the Republican side in 2010, I think this could be curtains for Obama.
    Believe what you will. I'm saying there's basically zero chance of that happening -- especially if Newt is the nominee (which he won't be unless the Republicans are resigned to just punting the election away and want to take a gamble with a high-risk, potentially but doubtful high-reward candidate).

No one is going to go for Newt outside of the older white male demographic. It's funny you bring up 1980, because if you ran Newt in 1980 against Carter, he'd probably win.

When you get a second, look at this:

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/ele.../voted_80.html

vs. this:

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/ele.../voted_08.html

Whites accounted for 74% of the vote in 2008 vs. 88% in 1980. Women accounted for 53% in 2008 vs. 49% in 1980. Those are big changes in just 28 years. You have to take that into consideration when you're trying to decide who is the most electable.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Old white man.

See?
    Don't be old mannin Chuck Norris AKA Walker Texas Ranger.
    Besides, he could kick your ass....easily.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I don't get how the flip flop label has stuck on Romney but not Gingrich. They both have plenty of instances of changing positions.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

newt.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Mayan, your opinion about Newt Gingrich or any republican for that matter CARRIES NO WEIGHT WHATSOEVER.

You laugh at Newt even though you couldn't accomplish what he has in 100 lifetimes.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Mayan, your opinion about Newt Gingrich or any republican for that matter CARRIES NO WEIGHT WHATSOEVER.

You laugh at Newt even though you couldn't accomplish what he has in 100 lifetimes.
    the queen thinks squatting 80 pounds is an accomplishment , it is all relative i guess

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Obama promised all of this crazy shit and my life is basically still the same as it was when Bush was in office
    What kind of crazy shit did he promise that you thought would affect your life?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post

yes but I rather serve my country than take a waiver... Silver spoon fukk..

A la andywend the coward..

And anybody that voted for W has no credibility to talk about the greatest president ever OBAMA.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    And anybody that voted for W has no credibility to talk about the greatest president ever OBAMA.
    Since I didn't vote for W:
    I fail to see how any liberal could still be supporting Obama. He renewed the Patriot Act (something which every Democrat I've ever met ripped W for) and worse still, signed into law the new NDAA, which allows for indefinite detention of American citizens without trial. As a libertarian, I was hopeful he would be a slight improvement over Bush on civil liberties; he's actually been worse. You can't make this stuff up.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RonPaul2008

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Great News, For Obama Backers.

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

On the heels of the most important primary to date Newt Gingrich pick's up another significant endorsement.

SBR feels he is the best candidate to lead the country to prosperity. We recommend our South Carolinian posters to vote for Newt and ask our Florida posters to get ready to do the same.

An utter waste of an endorsement ...

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

On the heels of the most important primary to date Newt Gingrich pick's up another significant endorsement.

SBR feels he is the best candidate to lead the country to prosperity. We recommend our South Carolinian posters to vote for Newt and ask our Florida posters to get ready to do the same.

Thatis great!!!! Why not vote for a smart guy the knows the system and will help bring our country back to life.

Balco10

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    You want Obama for another 4 years...kiss our country good bye!

Balco10

Another 4 years brings Obama care which cost 4 trillion dollars....

Balco10

Any GOP is better than the community organizer!

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

I was a pretty big Obama supporter in 2008 and I'm pretty sure I won't be voting this time around unless Newt somehow wins the republican nomination (which hopefully won't happen). Then I will 100% vote for Obama. Newt is absolutely the worst type of republican. Karl Rove and Newt Gingrich are about as bad as it gets.

Although I don't think Romney will win at least he seems like a decent guy and not some lunatic. Paul may be a lunatic but he has some radical ideas that may actually be good for the country, I'm not really sure but the guy will change some shiz. Either of these candidates seem alright, I guess.

This is the best way to see who is the worst of the worst when it comes to Republicans:
    Find out who Rush Limbaugh and other right wing media jokers are supporting. That candidate is guaranteed to be the worst possible president.
    Find out which Republicans Limbaugh talks down about and says they are not "conservatives": (Paul, Romney) those are ok candidates and most likely won't ruin the country or bring it to the brink of collapse (ala bush)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR_John

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Alright John, how much did Newt pay your ass? No one would endorse a public criminal,
    unless they were paid.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Guy I hate it just as much as you but zero chance obammer loses to any of these dipshits

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    You want Obama for another 4 years...kiss our country good bye!

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post
    Just watch.

Gingrich is sort of like Reagan who also trailed in the polls against an incumbent president. He has a spark that main stream America will get fired up and excited by a la Reagan. Keep in mind Reagan didn't need a single minority or liberal vote to win a massive come from behind landslide against a sitting president.

Folks who say Newt can't win need to study the 1980 election. There is a definite parallel.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post

yea yea we get it already

u r black and will vote for obammy even if he bangs your bf

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    Nice to see the "stiff" demographic will be supporting Obama.

Shocking....

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

thekid667
    thekid667's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR endorses Newt Gingrich??? What is this April 1st or something.I'm completely and utterly surprised that you are trying to get your members to vote for a certain candidate,let alone Newt. Today a massive amount of respect was lost for you and your collective decision in this matter.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    yea yea we get it already

u r black and will vote for obammy even if he bangs your bf

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

What's wrong with David Duke? Too liberal?

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL, why is this announcement at all necessary or relevant?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Man...I thought Ron was a definite player

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

u have to be kidding!

fukk that we CANNOT have a president named Newt or Mitt.

RON PAUL RULES!!!!!

First 1234567 Last