jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Can You Imagine A Parent Of A Killed Soldier??

My Son or daughter so young goes overseas and gets killed for nothing
    These poor soldiers were fighting but not to protect America but to fill agendas for politicians and make many businesses rich that were linked to the war.

Terrorism is flourishing all over the globe

How does that make a parent feel??

Shame on America
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 6 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER, FourLengthsClear, PittsburghPlayer, Scorpion, Naz18, and RonPaul2008

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yep atleast the war is over now.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would feel so angry and died for nothing
    Has to be the worst feeling in the world and you could never ever get over it

I think a car accident is actually slightly easier to accept

These kids never ever should of been there

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

As much as we rag on radical religious terrorists, at least they go down fighting for something. Many Western soldiers either don't fully understand or don't fully believe in the cause they're supposedly defending... they believe in their country and want to serve its people whether or not they agree with why they are where they are.

Unfortunately bullets, grenades, bombs, etc don't discriminate so they're killed just the same. If we leave nothing else for future generations after destroying the planet, killing the economy and whatever else, we should at least try to make sure that something like this never happens again on our watch. No excuse for this whatsoever - regardless of what country you're from that participated. We should not send our people to die for a sham.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

you know that the Iraq war was pointless when one side has 20 times the fatalities as the other but nobody won the war
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    you know that the Iraq war was pointless when one side has 20 times the fatalities as the other but nobody won the war
    ........ and the reason stated for entering that war in the first place was concocted.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Sad as it is to lose someone fighting in the war it should be expected when one joins the service.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16711

All these republican fukks arguing war with Iran, how bout we send their kids over there to fight? Its ironic that the only candidate who went to war, Ron Paul, is also the only peace candidate. Why does anyone listen to hypocrite R's like Gingrich who received deferments. A true leader he is

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

It's so disrespectful to claim these soldiers died for nothing. That's not your call to make.

As someone who lost a loved one to this war, I would never say he died for nothing...HE chose to do it....not you guys.

I won't be back in this thread to listen to the bashing...not worth the hassle.
    Points Awarded:

BroDog73 gave WvGambler 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle, SEAHAWKHARRY, whatagoal1, Sam Odom, and BroDog73

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

they did die for something..... cheney's haliburton and bush's wet dream of murdering saddam.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    It's so disrespectful to claim these soldiers died for nothing. That's not your call to make.

As someone who lost a loved one to this war, I would never say he died for nothing...HE chose to do it....not you guys.

I won't be back in this thread to listen to the bashing...not worth the hassle.
    I appreciate your point of view and you know I adore you (although you apparently won't see this)... but I have to stick with the girlfriend I went to school with in Arizona. Her husband is messed up now... not only physically but even worse, mentally and emotionally. Can't even function as a car driver to take the kids to school now, let alone a proper father or husband. And they were one of the first group of so called hippies in Tucson how many years ago protesting against the validity of this invasion. Because that's what it was... not a war. All the people we laughed at on tv for being tree huggers were right. This was an atrocious time that every Western country should be ashamed of.

To disrespect those who lost their lives would be to sweep this under the rug and try to glorify something that has zero validity. To honour them would be to do our best to ensure this never happens again and to remind any politician who even suggests it in the future, that much loved people died and were injured because of this farce and we will not take it any more.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: FourLengthsClear

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Gonna have to disagree with ya on this one JJ

Not even going to break out my soap box and scream from it this time....just going to give my and take my toys and walk away...touchy subject.

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with ya on this one JJ

Not even going to break out my soap box and scream from it this time....just going to give my and take my toys and walk away...touchy subject.
    You're right. It is a touchy subject. We wouldn't be where we are today if we didn't have people sacrifice their lives for "OUR" freedom! War sucks! We know war sucks. However, it is one of life's necessities. Can anyone with 100% conviction/knowledge say what this war is really about? NO you can't. We will never know why certain decsions are made within our government unless we have someone here that was involved in those decision making processes. If it was so wrong, why did Obama have Bin Laden killed? It's life!! Nobody said life was fair. I have several friends whose kids have served and I have several friends that served, some lost their lives and their families understand the sacrifice their brave loved ones made. Obviously they don't like it, but they understand!

The world is an evil place! Why do people flock to this country? Because we have choices here. Would you rather live in North Korea where you don't have the luxery of getting on the internet or even know what's going on outside of your nation? People don't eat over there if they disobey. You people have to wake up and realize that war is necessary at times. What are we supposed to do? You can't really support a president who asks for our toy (drone) back, can you?

Please don't attack us anymore, don't fly planes into our buildings and kill thousands of people, that wasn't very nice. We will forgive you this time but if it happens again.....we will have to have a serious talk. Gimme a break!

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Hilltop, are you smoking Crack Bro`? 9-11 and Iraq were NOT connected. Stop believing everything the war mongers told us. Geez. This was a war that was NOT necessary.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Sadaam needed to go

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    These poor soldiers were fighting but not to protect America but to fill agendas for politicians and make many businesses rich that were linked to the war.

Shame on America

Weak.

I bet you were yelling for blood on Sept. 11th. You got what you wanted.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Great post....CAROL(or maybe shari)
    It doesn't take a" rocket scientist" to figure out that this is 2nd shift JJ not to be confused with 3rd shift JJ or 7am/noon/6pm/11:30pm JJ or Video JJ

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yep atleast the war is over now.
    You must not remember the war in Afghanistan where everyday there are fatalities?

If you knew anyone in any branch of our military they would all tell you they would rather be in Iraq than Afghanistan.

We will never win the war in Afganistan many countries have tried to take control before us and they have all lost one day we will wake up and realize it but until then we will continue to die.

HilltopTony

Pittsburgh, Iraq & 9-11 were interwined years ago. As separate as you may think they were.....they were not!

PittsburghPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by HilltopTony View Post
    Pittsburgh, Iraq & 9-11 were interwined years ago. As separate as you may think they were.....they were not!
    No wonder our nation is crumbling. Just because you heard it and then now write it does not make it true.
    9-11 and Iraq were not connected in any way no matter how many times you say or type it.
    I guess most do not remember that the United States used to supply Iraq with weapons 20 years ago.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Shame on America
    you got that right, there will be more wars, its all about controlling the energy resources and containing russia and china

HilltopTony

Pittsburgh,

There was a training camp called Salman Park which goes back to around 1994, but we know certainly 1998. It shows the connection clearly between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. Early in 1998, Bin Ladens #2 guy visted Baghdad at Iraqi intelligences request. He was living in Khartoum at the time and the Sudanese intelligence chief was begging the FBI to look at what the data was that they had, who they were dealing with, how Bin Laden's people were moving around, which ones were moving where and what they were doing.

Also, the Philippines' embassy of Iraq in manila was used for purposes of planning what was then a thwarted effort to try and hijack airplanes across the Pacific and the Iraqi Embassy in Islamabad was used to facilitate contact between the Taliban, Bin Laden's people, and Iraqi senior scientists to collaborate on chemical and biological weapons.

So, to say there was no connection? You are the problem with the world today!

HilltopTony

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    No wonder our nation is crumbling. Just because you heard it and then now write it does not make it true.
    9-11 and Iraq were not connected in any way no matter how many times you say or type it.
    I guess most do not remember that the United States used to supply Iraq with weapons 20 years ago.

Um, Oliver North and the Iran Contra hearings. Yeah, I covered those! But that was 30 years ago
    Last edited by HilltopTony; 12-19-11 at 11:59 AM.

PittsburghPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by HilltopTony View Post
    <IFRAME id=twttrHubFrame style="WIDTH: 10px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -9999em; HEIGHT: 10px" tabIndex=0 src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/hub.html" frameBorder=0 scrolling=no allowTransparency></IFRAME> You are the problem with the world today!
    If I am the problem, at least I have shown consideration to you and others by not having children! I apologize if I offended you, as I was under the impression that there was not a connection.
    As for Oliver North - Iran Contra, wasn`t that something to do with the United States dealing arms to terrorists in exchange for the hostages?

HilltopTony

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    If I am the problem, at least I have shown consideration to you and others by not having children! I apologize if I offended you, as I was under the impression that there was not a connection.
    As for Oliver North - Iran Contra, wasn`t that something to do with the United States dealing arms to terrorists in exchange for the hostages?
    Yes, I thought that is what you were referring to. Just a misunderstanding on my part. Sorry

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    You must not remember the war in Afghanistan where everyday there are fatalities?

If you knew anyone in any branch of our military they would all tell you they would rather be in Iraq than Afghanistan.

We will never win the war in Afganistan many countries have tried to take control before us and they have all lost one day we will wake up and

realize it but until then we will continue to
    die.
    wait the USA is still in a war? i thought they said on the news war is over. So there is a iraq war and afghani war? which one is over?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Shame on America

Many here have a very different view of what "Sons and daughters" are fighting for.....until you've been part of the military and live it daily...it's nothing more than what you read and see on television. Those who are part of the military volunteered, there is no draft, everyone understands (including parents) what the services are all about. I lost 17 teammates so I think I'm qualified to say we fully understood what our job is/was, we were well trained, and our families were always part of our success.....yeah it's truly sad and crushing to lose people. Many have no comprehension of the pain...but I would also tell you...you can shove the Shame up your azz because we do a hell of a lot more good then bad in the world and a bunch of fukkin degenerate gamblers won't change that...and that's the bottomline and the reason we're the best fukkin country in the world,
    Last edited by Dirty Sanchez; 12-19-11 at 01:02 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HilltopTony, and rkelly110

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post

Many here have a very different view of what "Sons and daughters" are fighting for.....until you've been part of the military and live it daily...it's nothing more than what you read and see on television. Those who are part of the military volunteered, there is no draft, everyone understands (including parents) what the services are all about. I lost 17 teammates so I think I'm qualified to say we fully understood what our job is/was, we were well trained, and our families were always part of our success.....yeah it's truly sad and crushing to lose people. Many have no comprehension of the pain...but I would also tell you...you can shove the Shame up your azz because we do a hell of a lot more good then bad in the world and a bunch of fukkin degenerate gamblers won't change that...and that's the bottomline and the reason we're the best fukkin country in the world,

good stuff dirty

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

I would feel so angry and died for nothing
    Has to be the worst feeling in the world and you could never ever get over it

I think a car accident is actually slightly easier to accept

These kids never ever should of been there
    jj my daughter died in a car accident,,,6 years ago,,21 years old ,,,but to die for oil is not right,,,i totaly agree with you,,

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

We only have conflicts with countries that contain massive amounts of oil. Iran and Iraq are countries containing some of the worlds largest known oil reserves. Same thing goes for Libya and Venezuela. Afghanistan borders Iran and contains a good deal of natural resources. That is the reason we are still there. It is all about money. We're pumping the oil out of Iraq as we speak. Iran is next. Our government will overthrow the Iranian government as soon as they get the chance. We've been attacking Iran for 50 years. Read some history and you will see this. The blowback(terrorism) we receive is a result of these actions. Don't waste your time going to the middle east. Stay out of the military. At this point, the government is just using the soldiers.
    1 Venezuela (more information) (2010) [1] [2]296,500,000,000
    2 Saudi Arabia (more information) (2011)[3]264,600,000,000
    3 Canada [4] (more information) (2008)175,200,000,000
    4 Iran (more information)150,600,000,000
    5 Iraq (more information) (2010)143,500,000,000
    6 Kuwait (more information) (2010)104,000,000,000
    7 Brazil50-123,000,000,000 [5]
    8 United Arab Emirates (more information) (2008)97,800,000,000
    9 Russia (more information) (2009)74,200,000,000
    10 Libya (more information) (2010)47,000,000,000

Onefreedm1nd
    Onefreedm1nd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

If the intelligence network couldn't convince congress Iraq was an immanent threat pre 9/11, it's hard to see how they put so much faith in them after Shock and Awe. Probably why it lasted 10 years. Also is letting 40000 people die in vein better or worse than killing another 1 person, what about 10000? to justify it and making Iraq baby America

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

we were attacked on our own soil , now I know they were terroists and have no country , but I am sure of the 100,000 people we killed over 70 percent were either terrorists or on their side.

mmaed

I think more than 40,000 people died. The sanctions put on Iraq back in the day killed more than 500,000 people. You would think with the massive destruction of the country + combat the figure of 1 million would be pretty reasonable to beleive.

mmaed

I'm not so sure about that Dominater..

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

someone said Russia and China are enemies, Russia hardly exsists and China would never go to war with us your 30 years behind time. Consider N korea Iran and a few middle Eastern countries as our enemies.U.s never goes into these battles to win, they are only scamming us.

12 Last