Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
It's so disrespectful to claim these soldiers died for nothing. That's not your call to make.

As someone who lost a loved one to this war, I would never say he died for nothing...HE chose to do it....not you guys.

I won't be back in this thread to listen to the bashing...not worth the hassle.
I appreciate your point of view and you know I adore you (although you apparently won't see this)... but I have to stick with the girlfriend I went to school with in Arizona. Her husband is messed up now... not only physically but even worse, mentally and emotionally. Can't even function as a car driver to take the kids to school now, let alone a proper father or husband. And they were one of the first group of so called hippies in Tucson how many years ago protesting against the validity of this invasion. Because that's what it was... not a war. All the people we laughed at on tv for being tree huggers were right. This was an atrocious time that every Western country should be ashamed of.

To disrespect those who lost their lives would be to sweep this under the rug and try to glorify something that has zero validity. To honour them would be to do our best to ensure this never happens again and to remind any politician who even suggests it in the future, that much loved people died and were injured because of this farce and we will not take it any more.