DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

are we talking iraq people

DOMINATER

the first week of combat we killed 40,000 iraq solldiers with those buster bombs

DOMINATER

this country will eventual stop policeing everyone ,its breaking us

DOMINATER

mmaed I just read your message you are right on I agee

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATER View Post
    the first week of combat we killed 40,000 iraq solldiers with those buster bombs
    First off, you're talking about "Bunker Busters"...and second they penetrate underground bunkers....but 40,000 soldiers with them? Nope..don't think so

Onefreedm1nd
    Onefreedm1nd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

To say that they died in vein isn't fair. The objective had to be achieved, at least to some extent. But, Saddam was gone years ago. If it was to make us more safe, I would think they succeeded. But when are you the safest? Either when everyone's your friend or you are everyone. Personally I like a more friendly approach but what can I say, I haven't been attacked by terrorists.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Many here have a very different view of what "Sons and daughters" are fighting for.....until you've been part of the military and live it daily...it's nothing more than what you read and see on television. Those who are part of the military volunteered, there is no draft, everyone understands (including parents) what the services are all about. I lost 17 teammates so I think I'm qualified to say we fully understood what our job is/was, we were well trained, and our families were always part of our success.....yeah it's truly sad and crushing to lose people. Many have no comprehension of the pain...but I would also tell you...you can shove the Shame up your azz because we do a hell of a lot more good then bad in the world and a bunch of fukkin degenerate gamblers won't change that...and that's the bottomline and the reason we're the best fukkin country in the world,
    Probably the best post I've read here in a few months.

D.S., thank you for your service. Much appreciated.

Onefreedm1nd

Doing more good than bad isn't a good excuse for doing bad. No one's perfect right? If I stole 100 from a buisnessman on the street and fed my family with it I would probably be doing more good than bad but untimately still wrong.

Onefreedm1nd

Btw don't teams stick together? If some guys walked on an IED, I don't see how you could hold yourself accountable. But, losing a friend has to be tough and I'm privileged to say it's nothing I've had to go through

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Onefreedm1nd View Post
    Doing more good than bad isn't a good excuse for doing bad. No one's perfect right? If I stole 100 from a buisnessman on the street and fed my family with it I would probably be doing more good than bad but untimately still wrong.
    When I say that...remember...the military isn't involved in policy making, that's not part of the business. If you've got an argument with the country, take it out on the fukkin politicians, not the military. Military take an oath and it states "to protect against all enemies foreign and domestic", we don't decide to pick and choose which orders to accept, nor to we have time to decide what the average ungrateful fuk is going to say about us. When you're in the war business it ain't pretty, and bad things are going to happen...I have/had to accept that....obviously you don't. By all means you've got the right to protest and make your voice heard...that's what freedom is all about, it's that same freedom I protected and defended with many other great people including Canadians that were on my crew. I've seen many uneducated statements on these threads dealing with the military, and it's cool, but I'd do it all over again and drop the fukkin hammer on bad guys if I had to.....and not worry what people think

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I am a vet of both wars...let me just say that we had no business in Iraq...but afg...was well worth it..

Onefreedm1nd

Just saying I may be uneducated but getting killed and having to kill people are probably the two main reasons I didn't sign up for the army. Ive done ba shit before but don't feel the need to justify my existence by saying well I've done more good. So whatever, glad you're home safe. If I see some bad guys running around my house, will you take care of them for me?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by romoney View Post
    I am a vet of both wars...let me just say that we had no business in Iraq...but afg...was well worth it..
    I would agree in terms of justification.

The Taliban will be back in charge of most of Afghanistan within 2 years of foreign troops pulling out though.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

You guys are aware of all the information that was collected in Iraq and Afghanistan that led to the prevention of terrorist attacks on the subways of England, New York and L.A. ....

Onefreedm1nd

It's hard to believe that they didn't have good reasons to go to war. It obv wasn't about money seeing as how this country has none. It's easy to sit on the outside and say I could have done it better. Still killing people doesn't seem to be the best way to get people to stop killing people

First 12