No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Please everybody, we're just 5 games into the season and Nash has been injured. Lottery comment is ridiculous. Takes time to develop a chemistry. They did this with Karl Malone and it didn't work out. Lakers won't win the title but they're a top level team.
    Did you see Nash when he wasn't injured? He looked lost. Just wandering aimlessly. He doesn't fit in with this team at all if he can't have the ball in his hands most of the time, which he won't.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Please everybody, we're just 5 games into the season and Nash has been injured. Lottery comment is ridiculous. Takes time to develop a chemistry. They did this with Karl Malone and it didn't work out. Lakers won't win the title but they're a top level team.

not really. what is ridiculous is making excuses at this point..

1-14 and the only team you beat was the 0-4 Pistons.

they are not remotely close to being a top team..

they are not even a mediocre team, with Nash, without him... any of them..
    is they are all healthy or injured, they lose.*

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Hey may have been a year off with prediction

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

I want to know how they got away with trading Bynum, who is a broken down mess right now, away.

Talk about the Lakers giving nothing away, I thought Bynum injury issues were over, they obviously knew something no one else did considering this kid is off another surgery and hasnt played a game, and who knows when he will play.

I guess thats why the league let it go both teams trading guys who had been cut on made it 'fair' I guess.

Lakers as usual getting preferential treatment from the league.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    I want to know how they got away with trading Bynum, who is a broken down mess right now, away.

Talk about the Lakers giving nothing away, I thought Bynum injury issues were over, they obviously knew something no one else did considering this kid is off another surgery and hasnt played a game, and who knows when he will play.

I guess thats why the league let it go both teams trading guys who had been cut on made it 'fair' I guess.

Just a guess, but I'd be willing to wager than Bynum couldn't care less if he's playing or not.

We won't even remember the name in 10 years.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

uh, Bynum has been extremely injury prone his whole career.

That's the reason he didn't have as much trade value.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

The Lakers for preferential treatment? They should've had CP3 until the league vetoed it. The grand plan all along was to have Dwight, CP3, and Kobe as the core.

yisman

I think everyone knows the league screwed the Lakers except wantitall.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Did you see Nash when he wasn't injured? He looked lost. Just wandering aimlessly. He doesn't fit in with this team at all if he can't have the ball in his hands most of the time, which he won't.
    Remember your comments 2 years ago? About Lebron, Bosh, and Spolestra specifically. Several times I remember you starting threads saying fire Spol, or Heat would never win with Spol and Bosh didn't fit. It was a failed team. Agreeing with Lyon that Miami was basically the Miami Cavs. You remember those comments? Yes, I will never forget. Miami got the the NBA finals their first year.

You really think that a 38 year old steve Nash and a 34 year old Kobe Bryant, not two of, but THE two most brightest minds in all of basketball (as far as basketball iq) are not going to figure out how to get it done? You're stretching your boundaries right now and leaving yourself open for exposure later with some of these comments.

yisman

I'd gladly bet on the Lakers making the playoffs.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    You really think that a 38 year old steve Nash and a 34 year old Kobe Bryant, not two of, but THE two most brightest minds in all of basketball (as far as basketball iq) are not going to figure out how to get it done? You're stretching your boundaries right now and leaving yourself open for exposure later with some of these comments.
    NAshty... and k0bie are both finished.. seriously. you need to wake up.
    if they were as brilliant as you say.. they would have eeked out a win in the pre-season..
    when they both played..

take-over is not a game strategy.
    Nash far more intellectual game.. get the ball to everyone..

your team is done.. just accept it. 50% chance they miss the playoffs.
    no way they beat any team there.. either Conference/

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    NAshty... and k0bie are both finished.. seriously. you need to wake up.
    if they were as brilliant as you say.. they would have eeked out a win in the pre-season..
    when they both played..

take-over is not a game strategy.
    Nash far more intellectual game.. get the ball to everyone..

your team is done.. just accept it. 50% chance they miss the playoffs.
    no way they beat any team there.. either Conference/

Let's make it interesting then. If Lakers don't make the playoffs and get at least a 5 seed, I leave SBR forum, if they do, you leave forever. Deal?

Ratzz

Let's make it interesting then. If Lakers don't make the playoffs and get at least a 5 seed, I leave SBR forum, if they do, you leave forever. Deal?
    hmm interesting

you are suggesting that the Lakers will be a top 5 seed in the playoffs...
    and IF they fail to accomplsh that.. you will leave SBR forever?

and that IF they do manage to become Top 5 seed, that i should..?

yisman

He said top 5.

Ratzz

let's do 2nd round... the quote that you jumped on was really a First Round victory...*

if the Lakers get to the 2nd Round...

if the Lakers don't..

it does not matter where they are seeded. Must-win*

Ratzz

i don't know if this really works... for anyone here at SBR

you are so entertaining... especially this year with the new-look Lakers.
    and the most expensive payroll..
    and the highest paid starting five-players.

Ratzz

i mean, really it's Stephen Colbert plugging the GOP..
    and GoatMilk plugging the Lakers...

that's my entertainment..
    i would only agree to you leaving if you promised to get a show amping the Lakers 24-7

…and letting us all know how much they rule.
    …and how they are going to win the next three Championships..
    …and how the Thunder have no chance against them, or Miami

wantitall4moi

Man had they not played lock down defense and had a couple injuries (like I thought they would) you are basically now seeing the results I predicted last year.

So I was a year off, but I called it this year as well. But that thread wasnt started by me and it didnt garner the Laker myopian comments likes this one did. But I said the same exact thing, lakers with injuries would have a hard time making the play offs, even with everyone healthy they would be looking at a 6 seed at best. That was also BEFORE they fired Brown, who is clearly a better coach than Dantoni, so getting dantoni drops them to a borderline 7 and probably 8 seed.

But with the injuries and the total lack of effort night in and night out this team wont be making the play offs. they have to go something like 37-22 the rest of the way in my estimation to make the play offs in the west. Considering they still have 32 road games that is impossible, because I doubt they can win every home game, and if by some absolute miracle they can play .500 ball on the road that is basically what they will have to do.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    let's do 2nd round... the quote that you jumped on was really a First Round victory...*

if the Lakers get to the 2nd Round...

if the Lakers don't..

it does not matter where they are seeded. Must-win*
    Deal. If Lakers get to the 2nd round, you leave this site. If they don't, I leave forever. Deal?

Goat Milk

Wanti is saying lakers won't make the playoffs? oh man I've heard it all now...

I never lose these bets. Never.

yisman

wanti predicted it last year and now he's predicting it again

wantitall4moi

maybe we should bump this thread every time Lakers tank a game this season. Like I said somewhere I was just a year off. Thing is everyone thought because they got Nash and Howard this team was a shoe in for the play offs, they might be worse this year than last year. granted they dont have Nash but thats the risk you take when you trade multiple draft picks away year after year.

Injuries caught them this year, I thought it would catch them last year but they dodged the whole clip last year, this year however they have been getting hit by everything. Although Howard is playing and having a near career year offensively, but this team as a whole is complete dogshit.

If they do end up losing to the Bobcats tonight, and only thing that will save them will be the refs at this point, theyre done.

Theyll be 11-15 and in a real good spot to lose the next 3 in a row even with one of them being at home, but come on NO game is safe if they lose to the teams they have this year at Staples.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Hey wanker the lakers won without help from refs

Now stfu

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Hey wanker the lakers won without help from refs

Now stfu
    yee fukking hah they beat the frigging charlotte bobcats by one at home and ended a miracle to do that. They were +7 from the free throw line so trust me refs put them in the position they were in in the first place.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Obviously you didn't watch the game

Refs blew two huge out of bounds calls that resulted in Charlotte buckets

Lakers had to fight off the refs

Goat Milk

yee fukking hah they beat the frigging charlotte bobcats by one at home and ended a miracle to do that. They were +7 from the free throw line so trust me refs put them in the position they were in in the first place.
    any team that has dwight howard and kobe bryant is gonna shoot the most free throws just like wade and bron in their primes.

You are so clueless when it comes to basketball. You don't even understand the basic concept of why LA shoots so many freethrows. A 5th grader understands this concept.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Lakers won without the refs help but they got more than enough help from the Bobcats...

Probably the only team in the league that would miss TWO nearly open layups for a game winning basket.

wantitall4moi

any team that has dwight howard and kobe bryant is gonna shoot the most free throws just like wade and bron in their primes.

You are so clueless when it comes to basketball. You don't even understand the basic concept of why LA shoots so many freethrows. A 5th grader understands this concept.
    Kobe takes 3 pointers and fade away jump shots 99% of the time, not exactly conducive to free throw attempts.

It also isnt the amount of them, it is also the timing, that third quarter Lakers couldnt buy a frigging basket, they could have easily scored about 10 points that quarter but Refs game them 15 or so free throws that kept the right in it.

Plus anyone who claims the Lakers would win the west, even without the inuries they have had shouldnt be telling someone they dont have a clue.

Lakers are a lot closer to the lottery than they are winning the west thats for sure, after they go 0-3 their next 3 it will really solidify it.

Goat Milk

Kobe takes 3 pointers and fade away jump shots 99% of the time, not exactly conducive to free throw attempts.

It also isnt the amount of them, it is also the timing, that third quarter Lakers couldnt buy a frigging basket, they could have easily scored about 10 points that quarter but Refs game them 15 or so free throws that kept the right in it.

Plus anyone who claims the Lakers would win the west, even without the inuries they have had shouldnt be telling someone they dont have a clue.

Lakers are a lot closer to the lottery than they are winning the west thats for sure, after they go 0-3 their next 3 it will really solidify it.
    How many FT attempts has kobe averaged per game over his career?

Now how many has dwight howard averaged over his career?

Go get the numbers. Why do you think MIA shot so many free throws en route to 2 straight conference titles?

Get a fukkin clue. You think it's easy for a C to guard Dwight down low? It's easier to foul him and make him make the FTs. In fact, coaches even stress for ppl to foul dwight and wrap him up as he is going for a layup or dunk.

Understand basketball rookie.

Tomasaurus
    Tomasaurus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7965

This is pretty untrue, Kobe has made a career out of drawing fouls on that head-fake followed by jumper. He's 4th all time @ freethrows made, not because he gets help from the refs but because he is one of the best ever @ drawing fouls

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

They don't come much more clueless than wanti

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

How many FT attempts has kobe averaged per game over his career?

Now how many has dwight howard averaged over his career?

Go get the numbers. Why do you think MIA shot so many free throws en route to 2 straight conference titles?

Get a fukkin clue. You think it's easy for a C to guard Dwight down low? It's easier to foul him and make him make the FTs. In fact, coaches even stress for ppl to foul dwight and wrap him up as he is going for a layup or dunk.

Understand basketball rookie.
    You are the biggest fukin clueless idiot on the forum, rookie. You know absolutely nothing about basketball, or any sport. PERIOD. You get absolutely destroyed in every thread you try to play "know it all" in and you run away and hide, like when you lost every penny to your name last year, remember? ROOKIE

In that last thread i buried you, i think your argument went something like, "look at the numbers" So i posted the numbers and buried you. Your response, " all your doing is looking at the numbers"

Understand basketball rookie. do some reading, kid. BTW, havent seen you in your lakers thread in a while, kid? Where ya been? OR should we bump up the threads where you lost your whole roll last year? How long will you run away for then?

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

lottery team ahhaa

couldnt be more right on that ahhhaahha

wantitall4moi

not the way theyre playing now they wont.

guess I was a year off.

But seriously if this team doesnt make the play offs with the guys they have LA might have a mass suicide party at Staples. After Clippers win the west of course...

Hmm how come none of these clowns who bumped this thread every day last year are around this year? Even my man Darker was dogging me last year.

Like I said they were better this year but they happened to have things happen to them this year I thought would happen to them last year.,

They were still a lottery team this year because they had zero depth.

Firing Brown was the final nail in the coffin once he left that meant ZERO defense from this team going forward which meant ZERO chance of winning. Defense was the single reason they won the games they did last year. There scoring more points this year than last year but are also giving up about 12 more points a game.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Trade 'em all, get a bunch of draft picks, make the committment to go young and get Shabazz Muhammad in the first round.

First ... 23456 Last