wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Clippers getting swept by the Spurs, anyone?
    Anyone that cant see the difference between the Lakers and the Clippers really shouldnt be talking about sports.

Also had Clippers played OKC they would have taken them to the wire as they beat them rather easilly at home and on the road, even after Billups got hurt. Had Billups not got hurt they probably end up facing Spurs in the finals of the western conference, probably the same result, but they win a game or two, but still considering its the Clippers and they have Del Negro as a coach they are definitely going in the right direction.

But Lakers have an old worn out Kobe, a disgruntled Gasol and Bynum, a bunch of cast offs no one else wanted, and with a ton of free angents on the market will get ZERO serious sniffs.

Clippers have Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordon, Eric Bledsoe, and Nick young as a core. All guys with less than 5 years in the league, other than Paul who has had 6. They also have some other guys who arent that old also have guys that are tradeable like Mo Williams, Randy Foye, and Caron Butler, although I would try to keep two of those guys. Their upside is astronomical while lakers upside is nonexistent. Seriously how can anyone compare what the Clippers have with what the Lakers have.

All Lakers are talking about is trading the only two guys they have that can play. clippers have a core AND players they can trade, they also are a sweet spot for free agents to want to come and play where they wont really have to trade anyone jusy pay for guys. Sort of like the Lakers should be able to do but cant because no one wants to play with Kobe.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

cool story brah

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Bold call but off a bit. Not much difference between clippers and lakers. Both were mid seeds who were badly beaten by the top seeds. If LA doesn't get a point guard i think your prediction could come true next year.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Bold call but off a bit. Not much difference between clippers and lakers. Both were mid seeds who were badly beaten by the top seeds. If LA doesn't get a point guard i think your prediction could come true next year.
    if billups doesnt go down Clippers play the spurs in the west conf finals, probably end up losing in 6 as Spurs are loaded and deep. By comparison take gasol off the lakers and where do they finish? Billups was amjor factor in why the Clippers were really good. even though he isnt as good as gasol his impact on the games was probably greater considering the roles each had.

wantitall4moi

also not to make excuses but I said "as is", getting Sessions and Hill improved them quite a bit. Hill much more than sessions, but Hill was instrumental in helping them defensively which is what made them tougher as the year went on. I know most guys dont notice that stuff but it does actually matter. Getting Hill was the second best thing to happen to the lakers after getting rid of Waltons contract.

I also figured Bynum would miss at least 10 games, but that didnt happen.

Either way Good job I guess lakers made the play offs, they should do well...oh wait Nevermind.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Yeah they 'over achieved' I guess. But in the grand scheme them not getting a lottery pick hurts them worse long term than another second round embarrassment in the play off.
    so now that you were way off on the Lakers, you're turning it into "haha, they should've tanked and gotten a lottery pick."

Do you ever stop and think about this stuff? I don't understand how your posts could make sense even to you.

I guess maybe the Clippers should've tanked and gotten a lottery pick, since they weren't any better than the Lakers.

Anyone that cant see the difference between the Lakers and the Clippers really shouldnt be talking about sports.
    Exactly. If you don't realize that the Lakers were better than the Clippers, you absolutely should shut up on the topic.

Clippers have Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordon, Eric Bledsoe, and Nick young as a core. All guys with less than 5 years in the league, other than Paul who has had 6.
    Paul has had 7, not 6. But you never did care much about the facts.

All Lakers are talking about is trading the only two guys they have that can play. clippers have a core AND players they can trade, they also are a sweet spot for free agents to want to come and play where they wont really have to trade anyone jusy pay for guys. Sort of like the Lakers should be able to do but cant because no one wants to play with Kobe.

Yeah, Kobe stinks. He's a ballhog and no one wants to play with him, which is why he's never won anything and all the teams he's been on have sucked. Oh wait...
    Last edited by yisman; 05-22-12 at 03:22 PM.

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also had Clippers played OKC they would have taken them to the wire as they beat them rather easilly at home and on the road, even after Billups got hurt. Had Billups not got hurt they probably end up facing Spurs in the finals of the western conference, probably the same result, but they win a game or two, but still considering its the Clippers and they have Del Negro as a coach they are definitely going in the right direction.

But Lakers have an old worn out Kobe, a disgruntled Gasol and Bynum, a bunch of cast offs no one else wanted, and with a ton of free angents on the market will get ZERO serious sniffs.

Clippers have Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordon, Eric Bledsoe, and Nick young as a core. All guys with less than 5 years in the league, other than Paul who has had 6. They also have some other guys who arent that old also have guys that are tradeable like Mo Williams, Randy Foye, and Caron Butler, although I would try to keep two of those guys. Their upside is astronomical while lakers upside is nonexistent. Seriously how can anyone compare what the Clippers have with what the Lakers have.

larry bird wants too

If he could choose any current player that he'd like to play a season with, who would it be, Bird was asked.
    "Well, probably Kobe, because of the fact that ... well, of course he wouldn't have been shooting as much as he does now ... but his desire to win, his dedication, to always get better, uh, and he's just, he's just tough," Bird said. "He's just a tough cat.

"But, if you want to have fun, like I did with Bill Walton, play with LeBron. It would have probably been more fun to play with LeBron, but if you want to win and win and win, it's Kobe. Not that LeBron's not a winner, just that [Kobe's] mindset is to go into every practice, every game, to get better."

Dwight Howard says if he could play with anyone, he'd choose Kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA

I think wantitall just wants lakers to crash and burn since he thinks they were a lottery team
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Goat Milk

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

also not to make excuses but I said "as is", getting Sessions and Hill improved them quite a bit. Hill much more than sessions, but Hill was instrumental in helping them defensively which is what made them tougher as the year went on. I know most guys dont notice that stuff but it does actually matter. Getting Hill was the second best thing to happen to the lakers after getting rid of Waltons contract.
    You just may be the most delusional poster I've ever come across in forumville. Lets take a look at the above post and then take these FACTS in to account:

The Lakers were 14-9 from the time they acquired Sessions (and Hill).......through the balance of the regular season. So, their winning percentage with Sessions (and Hill) was .608. Prior to acquiring Sessions (and Hill) the Lakers were 27-16.....for a winning percentage of .628. What's this mean???? That you're talking out of your ass yet again. Lets move on now..............

Your comments I bolded in black & red above are your reasons why the Lakers weren't a lottery team as you had predicted. You've made it quite clear that the addition of Jordan Hill helped the Lakers "quite a bit"...."much more than Sessions"......and Hill's defense "made them tougher as the year went on". Well..................wantitall4moi..... ...........your comments may just make a good little story for your wife, but the FACTS are that Jordan Hill sat out.........as in didn't even enter the game.......in 16 of his 23 regular season games with the Lakers. In fact, until the last two games of the season..........Jordan Hill played a total of 18 fukking minutes for the Los Angeles Lakers.

So............now that you've been absolutely schooled..........and made to look the fool that you are............how bout' you just shut the fukk up for a while?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: yisman

William Walters

wantitall....check in asswipe

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pepero428 View Post
    larry bird wants too

Dwight Howard says if he could play with anyone, he'd choose Kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA

I think wantitall just wants lakers to crash and burn since he thinks they were a lottery team
    i dont think so. there was a list of teams that howard would agree to be traded to and the lakers were not one of them.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    i dont think so. there was a list of teams that howard would agree to be traded to and the lakers were not one of them.
    That is not true.

they might've topped the list actually

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    You just may be the most delusional poster I've ever come across in forumville. Lets take a look at the above post and then take these FACTS in to account:

The Lakers were 14-9 from the time they acquired Sessions (and Hill).......through the balance of the regular season. So, their winning percentage with Sessions (and Hill) was .608. Prior to acquiring Sessions (and Hill) the Lakers were 27-16.....for a winning percentage of .628. What's this mean???? That you're talking out of your ass yet again. Lets move on now..............

Your comments I bolded in black & red above are your reasons why the Lakers weren't a lottery team as you had predicted. You've made it quite clear that the addition of Jordan Hill helped the Lakers "quite a bit"...."much more than Sessions"......and Hill's defense "made them tougher as the year went on". Well..................wantitall4moi..... ...........your comments may just make a good little story for your wife, but the FACTS are that Jordan Hill sat out.........as in didn't even enter the game.......in 16 of his 23 regular season games with the Lakers. In fact, until the last two games of the season..........Jordan Hill played a total of 18 fukking minutes for the Los Angeles Lakers.

So............now that you've been absolutely schooled..........and made to look the fool that you are............how bout' you just shut the fukk up for a while?

buried

wantitall4moi

Hey I cant help it if these guys dont know what the hell theyre doing, but it was obvious they figured it out when it sort of mattered, Hill took everyones place once the play offs started.

But it sees clear to me that the lakers dont know what the **** theyre doing. They trade fisher and a pick for this guy they seemingly had no interest in. So they trade a pick and a salary (which wasnt THAT horrible) for a guy that they initially were going to sit on the bench? yeah thats smart basketball right there. A starter (not a good one but a starter nonetheless) and a first round pick for a scrub(seemingly). As it was lakers lucked out, that was sort of my point, yeah I cant read a game log and know this guy wasnt seeing shit for time, and of course the predictable happens and you make my argument for me. Actually I am surprised you even checked to see that the guy didnt get to play much early on.

So that brings me to the question I had locked and loaded, why did the lakers pay so much for this guy? Because he was a first rounder and played well his first couple seasons? if they 'knew' he was good or a diamond in the rough why did they sit him so long? This isnt phil jackson who refused to pay young guys its mike brown with a team in the tank who just traded away some players and was still looking for something that worked. Nah Lakers made a desperation move got a young guy they thought might have some trade value and took a flyer. Still might be their plan I suppose as he played a ton in the play offs and showcased that he is actually a pretty good player, probably not worthy of his draft spot but still decent.

As for the other stuff you spouted I really couldnt care less. records then and record after dont mean much it is how they played together that matters. Especially in such a small sample, if they had gone 15-8 (instead of 16-9), which had they not sat everyone the last game they would have achieved, they would have had a 650 winning percentage, still wouldnt mean much. Just that you couldnt use George Bush math to try and 'prove' something. Their schedule after they got those two was much tougher than it was before. April was a brutal month for them, they also played 8 of those games without Kobe (7 of them for an 'injury') they were 5-2 in those games and they were on the road or against teams looking to get wins to help their play off spots.

This is basketball stats dont mean shit, it is how a team plays and looks that matters.

If you cant see where hill toughened them up then I cant help you, no matter how the circumstances came about. Like I said it was their plan or they got lucky. Either way he made them better. Sessions not so much. he was their big get, according to them anyway. He was the guy they had to settle on as every other deal fell through, but he is also the only guy they had any interest in (apparently) that they actually got, and like I said he didnt contribute as much as Hill did. So once again do these guys even know how to evaluate talent? Answer is no. because their 'scouting' techniques have been exposed and their 'scouts' have been showcased. A bunch of Jim Buss' buddies who dont really know shit and are basically degenerates like SBR has playing fantasy hoops.

no matter how much you want to deflect or 'expose' my 'mistakes' it still doesnt take away from the fact thatthe lakers are in a horrible position right now and their best move is to totally rebuild, pick a guy and do it. if they pick Kobe (which they will) then they are just going to be in really bad shape for longer. If they build around Bynum then they are at least showing they are setting up for the future.

It has a lot to do with culture and mindset lakers have always goten preferential treatment and seemed to always get the deal they needed to get things done, at least for the most part. Only time they really fell was when Magic retired and they went into the toilet for years. No connection or similarities there or anything. They had magic and a roster full of old guys they had stockpiled that werent worth shit. Then they tried to build a team around guys like nick van exel and eddie jones and it didnt work out well. Hell magic even tried to come back but couldnt handle the stupidity. But for 7 or 8 years lakers were pathetic. That is definitley on the horizon if they continue to make bad basketball decisions.

William Walters

Hey I cant help it if these guys dont know what the hell theyre doing, but it was obvious they figured it out when it sort of mattered, Hill took everyones place once the play offs started.

But it sees clear to me that the lakers dont know what the **** theyre doing. They trade fisher and a pick for this guy they seemingly had no interest in. So they trade a pick and a salary (which wasnt THAT horrible) for a guy that they initially were going to sit on the bench? yeah thats smart basketball right there. A starter (not a good one but a starter nonetheless) and a first round pick for a scrub(seemingly). As it was lakers lucked out, that was sort of my point, yeah I cant read a game log and know this guy wasnt seeing shit for time, and of course the predictable happens and you make my argument for me. Actually I am surprised you even checked to see that the guy didnt get to play much early on.

So that brings me to the question I had locked and loaded, why did the lakers pay so much for this guy? Because he was a first rounder and played well his first couple seasons? if they 'knew' he was good or a diamond in the rough why did they sit him so long? This isnt phil jackson who refused to pay young guys its mike brown with a team in the tank who just traded away some players and was still looking for something that worked. Nah Lakers made a desperation move got a young guy they thought might have some trade value and took a flyer. Still might be their plan I suppose as he played a ton in the play offs and showcased that he is actually a pretty good player, probably not worthy of his draft spot but still decent.

As for the other stuff you spouted I really couldnt care less. records then and record after dont mean much it is how they played together that matters. Especially in such a small sample, if they had gone 15-8 (instead of 16-9), which had they not sat everyone the last game they would have achieved, they would have had a 650 winning percentage, still wouldnt mean much. Just that you couldnt use George Bush math to try and 'prove' something. Their schedule after they got those two was much tougher than it was before. April was a brutal month for them, they also played 8 of those games without Kobe (7 of them for an 'injury') they were 5-2 in those games and they were on the road or against teams looking to get wins to help their play off spots.

This is basketball stats dont mean shit, it is how a team plays and looks that matters.

If you cant see where hill toughened them up then I cant help you, no matter how the circumstances came about. Like I said it was their plan or they got lucky. Either way he made them better. Sessions not so much. he was their big get, according to them anyway. He was the guy they had to settle on as every other deal fell through, but he is also the only guy they had any interest in (apparently) that they actually got, and like I said he didnt contribute as much as Hill did. So once again do these guys even know how to evaluate talent? Answer is no. because their 'scouting' techniques have been exposed and their 'scouts' have been showcased. A bunch of Jim Buss' buddies who dont really know shit and are basically degenerates like SBR has playing fantasy hoops.

no matter how much you want to deflect or 'expose' my 'mistakes' it still doesnt take away from the fact thatthe lakers are in a horrible position right now and their best move is to totally rebuild, pick a guy and do it. if they pick Kobe (which they will) then they are just going to be in really bad shape for longer. If they build around Bynum then they are at least showing they are setting up for the future.

It has a lot to do with culture and mindset lakers have always goten preferential treatment and seemed to always get the deal they needed to get things done, at least for the most part. Only time they really fell was when Magic retired and they went into the toilet for years. No connection or similarities there or anything. They had magic and a roster full of old guys they had stockpiled that werent worth shit. Then they tried to build a team around guys like nick van exel and eddie jones and it didnt work out well. Hell magic even tried to come back but couldnt handle the stupidity. But for 7 or 8 years lakers were pathetic. That is definitley on the horizon if they continue to make bad basketball decisions.
    Not reading all the above bullshit.

You got exposed (again) for pulling shit out of your ass.............flat out making shit up. You don't know shit about shit. All you do is spew incessant garbage and get owned.

I realize you're addicted to hiring prostitutes because your poor wife wants nothing to do with you. Sorry Kobe has ripped thousands and thousands from your prostitute fund over the years resulting in you fukking the family dog.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Build around Bynum?

I will not be reading any of your posts in the future. You would run a team into the ground.

Build around Bynum. Man thanks for today's laugh

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

LOL build around bynum.... Stick to checkers

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Crazy, I think the Lakers win the title. Nash may be a step slower but remember what he did for the Suns when he first got there?

darkhat

redsoxfreak91
    redsoxfreak91's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is times like these that make one ponder if some spend more time on forums than watching sports causing a false confidence of sports intellect.

darkhat

wantitall4moi

So whats going to be worse lakers making these trades and giving up draft picks and guys and getting rolled in the play offs or them making the play offs with a bad team this past year and getting bounced in the second round?

if the lakers get bounced in the econd round this year then what?

As it was lakers were a bad team, their ATS record showed it, vastly over rated by books as well as gamblers. While it cant get much better than last year it should hold steady, plus it is a full season. thinking lakers might be 30-52 ATS this year isnt a big leap of faith. While not nearly as good as leat year it is still free money when all you have to do it go and punch in a ticket on whomever is the opposite of the lakers with no more time spent on the decision making process than walking to the window and finding the number.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Last yr you claimed the Lakers rebuilding chances through the draft impossible because their late round draft choices were worthless. Now you're claiming the Lakers are stupid for trading those very same worthless draft picks Make UP your mind bro??

Could you just once post something rationally & sensible rather than spewing senseless jealousy & hatred??
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

classic thread.

right up there with jj's derrick rose thread.

darkhat

So whats going to be worse lakers making these trades and giving up draft picks and guys and getting rolled in the play offs or them making the play offs with a bad team this past year and getting bounced in the second round?

if the lakers get bounced in the econd round this year then what?

As it was lakers were a bad team, their ATS record showed it, vastly over rated by books as well as gamblers. While it cant get much better than last year it should hold steady, plus it is a full season. thinking lakers might be 30-52 ATS this year isnt a big leap of faith. While not nearly as good as leat year it is still free money when all you have to do it go and punch in a ticket on whomever is the opposite of the lakers with no more time spent on the decision making process than walking to the window and finding the number.
    Stop bringing up ATS, this has nothing to do with ATS or gambling. You simply said straight up they were a fukkin lottery team..

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

he also brought up ats when i mentioned how much he lost betting against the lakers on the ml.

the delusional guy just cant admit when hes wrong.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Stop bringing up ATS, this has nothing to do with ATS or gambling. You simply said straight up they were a fukkin lottery team..
    he also said he made millions gambling and retired from it...the kid reminds me of 5starbumb or railturd with all the whoreshit he spits...i dont know if ive run across anyone that tries harder at being someone he simply isnt...doesnt realize the more he types, the dumber it gets...
    Points Awarded:

William Walters gave raydog 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

this nba expert said lakers needed "darin williams" to be contenders..... then claimed his finger slipped and hit "i" instead of "o" by mistake.

but "daron williams" is still wrong.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

lakers will actually probably be way better. steve nash is amazing, and who knows what dwight is capable of if it somehow gets in his head that he should give a damn and try hard. team actually makes sense now except for below average coach, i see them going deep. why can't the knicks ever create a team that makes sense?

darkhat

Wanti also claims he doesn't waste time on the forum, yet he posts fukkin novels. I've never seen anyone write so much.

yisman

Maybe they'll sneak in with a #8 seed this time?

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Maybe they'll sneak in with a #8 seed this time?
    not the way theyre playing now they wont.

guess I was a year off.

But seriously if this team doesnt make the play offs with the guys they have LA might have a mass suicide party at Staples. After Clippers win the west of course...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29090

slight overreaction with lottery team post ya think?

surely they will get better?

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Please everybody, we're just 5 games into the season and Nash has been injured. Lottery comment is ridiculous. Takes time to develop a chemistry. They did this with Karl Malone and it didn't work out. Lakers won't win the title but they're a top level team.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

"I'm shaking in my Nikes"- a sarcastic Kobe Bryant on whether the Lakers are worried about their early season struggles.

First 123456 Last