Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Newton is not clutch, loser can't even keep a 23-7 lead at home.

Tebow is getting better, Newton is already regressing.

newton has a shitty defense & tebow has a great defense that covers up the offense's weaknesses.

what in the world is this shithole forum comparing a rookie to a 2nd year player? lololololol

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

There are 32 NFL QB's that qualify for official passing rating stats.

Tebow is rated 14th.

Not great, but hardly crap like the haters proclaim.
    Let's go deeper, Tebow has an ungodly 11:2 TD to INT rate.

Tebow owns a better *passing* rating than Joe Flaco, Michael Vick, Marc Sanchez, Cam Newton, not to mention the super kids Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford.

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    Tebow is a good kid. He is the kind of guy you want your daughter to date. .
    Your daughter would be in the friend zone.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Newton is not clutch, loser can't even keep a 23-7 lead at home. Tebow is getting better, Newton is already regressing.
    didn't say he was. sam was just asking for a 24 year old with the same resume. so i gave him a 22 year old who didn't luck up with a good D or plays shitty teams with shitty qb's like timmy has/does

can't blame cam for being such a great college qb that he got drafted by the shittiest team out there.
    Last edited by blackbeSSt; 12-12-11 at 04:53 PM.

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    LOL, so Tebow has inspired the defense and he is the sole reason why the whole team has done well? He inspired Prater to hit the 59 yard field goal.
    Yes. Glad people are realizing this :-)

If it was only that easy. What happened in the Lions loss, did he not inspire the team enough that day?
    Can't win them all. Who do you think he is? God?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Newton is not clutch, loser can't even keep a 23-7 lead at home.

Tebow is getting better, Newton is already regressing.
    how is newton a loser? he won a nc in ONE YEAR of playing college football, and is already a pro in the NFL. lol, he is doing fine. cam is a winner, you have to give him a year or two at least before you call him a loser, lol. tebow is not as good as cam newton and is on a way better team that forces fumbles, has a great kicker, etc. and last time i checked quarterbacks don't keep leads, defenses do.

poochiecollins

I think that is the dumbest argument. 10 points in regulation, and because his defense plays great and they get two 50+ yard field goals Tebow is good just because they won?
    He's the Arc of the Covenant.

What happens if Prater missed that 59 yard field goal at the end of the game, does Tebow suck because they lost?
    He wasn't going to miss.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

I am surprised Tebow ever lost a game, I still don't know what happened in that Lions game. He must not have given his best motivational speech.

poochiecollins

He has been great in the 4th Quarter, but he has had to be in order for them to win due to being so horrible the other quarters. Maybe he will put it together for a whole game, but eventually Prater is going to miss a clutch kick or the defense isn't going to get the big stop.
    When Tebow's not playing for them. Probably after they've won the Super Bowl and he's ridden to heaven in a chariot of fire.

Think about what they have needed in order to win: SD Game - SD's backup kicker misses game winning Field goal. Prater hits game winning field goal.
    God breathed on the balls when they were in mid-flight.

Bears Game - Barber runs out of bounce. Prater hits 59 yard field goal. Barber fumbles in field goal range.
    God breathed again, the gust blew Barber out of bounds. On the fumble, you couldn't clearly see who caused it? It was God's arm.

If you think stuff like that will continue to happen, then I would bet them to win the SB.
    :-D

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been a Bronco fan all my life, and I'm glad we're back to winning... But the guy is garbage right now. My folks tell me to calm down and enjoy the winning, which I kinda do, but 3 quarters plus Tebow is horrible. I know you play to win the game, but I grew up watching Elway's greatness. It's really ******* hard to watch now. I hope he continues to get better and one day can become a productive starter.

People are giving this guy mostly all the credit, but he's pretty low on the list of reasons why Denver is winning IMO

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    People are not giving enough credit to his defense either. In 5 of those wins the defense held MIA, KC, SD, NYJ, CHI to 15 points or less. Not trying to take anything away from tebow but the defense really has stood up and kept it close enough for a field goal to win.
    Tebow is the fuel to their fire. He drives the defense.

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    The broncos cannot continue to win like this. Its statistically impossible.
    No. Statistically highly improbable!

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I've been a Bronco fan all my life, and I'm glad we're back to winning... But the guy is garbage right now. My folks tell me to calm down and enjoy the winning, which I kinda do, but 3 quarters plus Tebow is horrible. I know you play to win the game, but I grew up watching Elway's greatness. It's really ******* hard to watch now. I hope he continues to get better and one day can become a productive starter.

People are giving this guy mostly all the credit, but he's pretty low on the list of reasons why Denver is winning IMO
    Maybe low on the list of reasons for you but not obviously for the team broncos team. If the team members didn't have faith in him, all they need is to throw a few games and get him bench. That has not happened.

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    tebow has also yet to face a team with a real qb except detroit and you see what happened there. and no, i don't call dirty sanchez a real qb
    Philip Rivers? Look at their last two games since playing the Tebows. I believe Miami was playing well around the time they played Denver, and Oakland to a lesser extent.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by poochiecollins View Post
    Philip Rivers? Look at their last two games since playing the Tebows. I believe Miami was playing well around the time they played Denver, and Oakland to a lesser extent.
    maybe the past 2 games. but going into the denver game he had lost 5 in a row and thrown 10 ints during that time. not impressed.

and miami and oak still don't have anything close to a good qb.

poochiecollins

I am surprised Tebow ever lost a game, I still don't know what happened in that Lions game. He must not have given his best motivational speech.
    God hasn't told me yet, but I think he wanted the Denver Tebows humbled, while simultaneously humbling Detroit down the road by not letting them make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I've been a Bronco fan all my life, and I'm glad we're back to winning... But the guy is garbage right now. My folks tell me to calm down and enjoy the winning, which I kinda do, but 3 quarters plus Tebow is horrible. I know you play to win the game, but I grew up watching Elway's greatness. It's really ******* hard to watch now. I hope he continues to get better and one day can become a productive starter. People are giving this guy mostly all the credit, but he's pretty low on the list of reasons why Denver is winning IMO
    You want to return to Orton and Broncos Godless, losing ways? Quit your b1tching.

riskyProps

That's because of the Tebow curse. When San Diego beat Denver earlier this year with Tebow playing the second half, they have lost ever game since until they lost to Tebow. Now San Diego is playing like the juggernaut they were expected to play like this year.

Don't take this too seriously! LOL!

poochiecollins

maybe the past 2 games. but going into the denver game he had lost 5 in a row and thrown 10 ints during that time. not impressed.
    You were saying the Tebows have only beaten weak QBs, which isn't true. Also, I believe Denver's opponents since Tebow's taken over have an overall winning record. The "Tebow's opponents have sucked" argument is invalid.

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    That's because of the Tebow curse. When San Diego beat Denver earlier this year with Tebow playing the second half, they have lost ever game since until they lost to Tebow. Now San Diego is playing like the juggernaut they were expected to play like this year. Don't take this too seriously! LOL!
    Considering the Detroit aftermath, I'm guessing that Chargers players were secretly badmouthing Tebow after the first game, then asked for forgiveness after the second game.

MB

Quit your b1tching.
    Point seen. Denver would be a 2,3 win team with Orton. C'mon though, this isn't an easy situation. You have to see that

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    You are resorting to name calling because you can't make a coherant argument. The only one talking about hate and religion is you. Everyone else is debating whether tebow can be a long term success. Wow, you are really ignorant. I feel sorry for you.
    Look no further than Sam's RG3 thread last week.

You're wasting your time on this one.

blackbeSSt

You were saying the Tebows have only beaten weak QBs, which isn't true. Also, I believe Denver's opponents since Tebow's taken over have an overall winning record. The "Tebow's opponents have sucked" argument is invalid.
    matt moore--dolphins 4-9, winless at the time
    carson palmer-- oakland 7-6, 4-4 at the time
    matt cassel-- KC 5-8, 4-5 at the time
    dirty sanchez-- NYJ 8-5, 5-5 at the time
    short arm rivers-- SD 6-7, 4-7 at the time
    christian ponder-- Minn 2-11, 2-10 at the time
    caleb hanie-- Chi 7-6, 7-5 at the time

records of 39-55

im failing to see which one isn't weak?
    Last edited by blackbeSSt; 12-12-11 at 05:46 PM.

MB

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    Maybe low on the list of reasons for you but not obviously for the team broncos team. If the team members didn't have faith in him, all they need is to throw a few games and get him bench. That has not happened.
    Oh, you can tell the team is pumped when they come back in the 4th. Tebow is so polarizing, that they all have to have his back as a squad. I expect that. But most of my fellow Bronco fans are ******* delusional. They're winning though...
    Last edited by MB; 12-12-11 at 05:38 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Orton biggest loser in NFL

Hoopster007
    Hoopster007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Well his opponents do not have a winning record. I think its something like 49-55 I think I saw after this week. And as I have said before. Denver and his fans can have him. Not going to last and this will run out at some point and will never come out to winning playoff games. He plays NE this week and then has a couple more donkeys to finish the year. Then I guess we will see Pitt or Balt come to denver in the playoffs. I just can't see how a football fan looks at this and says, man, this is how we are going to win championships. It may be interesting to some but that point of view is nuts. I live in denver and was watching the packer game at a bar with bronco people. Nothing happens all game and they know that something will happen late in the game. And with a couple bear mistakes, a couple long FG's, and they get a win. Against the bears with Hanie and Barber running the offense. A team that just lost to KC. And this was exciting?

Man, can't wait to see the rest of this story. Edge of my seat.

MB

Orton was good between the 20s and sucked in the redzone. I always wanted to see Orton handle the field until they get near the Endzone, and then put the fullback Tebow in there. Also maybe for the final half of the 4th. I mean this whole Tebow experiment is already unorthodox

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Question to those who say Tebow won't be Denver's starting QB next season?

Who will be starting?

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tebow is a winner and some people can't stand that. First, it was he won't start. Then it went to he won't win. Now, it's he won't win a Superbowl. Haters are running out of things to say.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

this is the nfl, there are 32 teams made up of the best football players in the world and the differences between them are minimal

to claim that the jets are a bad team is ridiculous
    to claim that the raiders are a bad team is ridiculous
    to claim that the chargers are a bad team is ridiculous
    to claim that any nfl team is a bad team is ridiculous
    to claim that denver beat Minnesota because they were missing ONE player is ridiculous

tebow critics lost the argument the moment they claimed he has not beat a good team

this is proof that they are biased against him for obvious or other reasons

I know he beat the bears without cutler, but if cutler was playing and they still beat the bears you'd be calling the bears a bad team, just like you were calling the jets

if newton beat the jets you'd be calling him the best qb ever for beating an elite team

and since you bring up the fact that newton is rookie and tebow is second year and that it matters, then it must also matter that vs the bears, tebow was facing a qb which has been in the nfl for 3.5 years, but I guess you'd say it doesnt matter because it doesnt support your argument
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 12-12-11 at 05:50 PM.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

I feel bad for the people who find things to hate about this man. All he does is win.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    this is the nfl, there are 32 teams made up of the best football players in the world and the differences between them are minimal to claim that the jets are a bad team is ridiculous to claim that the raiders are a bad team is ridiculous to claim that the chargers are a bad team is ridiculous to claim that any nfl team is a bad team is ridiculous to claim that denver beat Minnesota because they were missing ONE player is ridiculous tebow critics lost the argument the moment they claimed he has not beat a good team this is proof that they are biased against him for obvious or other reasons I know he beat the bears without cutler, but if cutler was playing and they still beat the bears you'd be calling the bears a bad team, just like you were calling the jets if newton beat the jets you'd be calling him the best qb ever for beating an elite team
    so a 2-10 record isn't bad? or winless miami team at the time isn't bad? both of which have ok qb's at best?

or how about the colts this year? are they not bad? gimme a fukkin break
    Last edited by blackbeSSt; 12-12-11 at 05:58 PM.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

God forbid he loses another game. People on here would ask for his head and say I told you so. Fkin pathetic.

riskyProps

Tim Tebow can only get better if he gets chances to play and learn how to play better at an NFL level. To have a long term career, he has to learn to play from the pocket because he will definitely slow down when he gets older. But while he's winning, just let him play and learn.

And yes the Denver fans are rabid now. I'm sure Denver would love to trade him away to Jacksonville for their first round pick. But that wouldn't happen even if Jacksonville wanted him just to draw fan support because now way Denver can get rid of a cash cow for now. And plus they have already committed to Gabbert. Something Denver need to do to show faith in their QB.

LOL! Then that may be the reason why Tebow works so hard because the club refuse to commit but won't even dare trade him now.

poochiecollins

matt moore--dolphins 4-9, winless at the time carson palmer-- oakland 7-6, 4-4 at the time matt cassel-- KC 5-8, 4-5 at the time dirty sanchez-- NYJ 8-5, 5-5 at the time short arm rivers-- SD 6-7, 4-7 at the time christian ponder-- Minn 2-11, 2-10 at the time caleb hanie-- Chi 7-6, 7-5 at the time records of 39-55 im failing to see which one isn't weak?
    Including 8-5 Detroit, their opponents are 47-57, but 46-50 when factoring out the Tebow games (I forgot that part). That's not that bad.

Edit: Also, five of the eight Tebow games were on the road.
    Last edited by poochiecollins; 12-12-11 at 05:55 PM.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

Give the man his props. No one thought The Broncos would be in this position to win their division when Orton was starting.

First 123456 Last